UN46B8500 being replaced with UN46C8000 HELP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-15-2010, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had my UN46B8500 series TV for a couple of months now and last week a skinny vertical green line showed up on the screen. It was on there for 2 days with any source (Blu-ray, OTA, Digital Cable, etc) before I called Samsung. All connections are HDMI except for OTA. I called Samsung and reported the issue. They set me up with a local authorized repair store to replace the screen. The local store called the next day and said that the screen is back-ordered and would not show up until June 17 and then they would get in touch with me about setting up an appointment.

After 2 more days the line went away and has not come back. Samsung just called today and said that they could not get a replacement screen and that they would swap the model for their UN46C8000 series.

I don't feel that this is an adequate swap being that the UN46C8000 is edge lit compared to the UN46B8500 being rear lit.

Should I call Samsung and report that the issue has vanished and chance it happening again or get the replacement?

Thanks for reading,
Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-15-2010, 02:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I agree unless you want 3D capability in the future or some of the other featues of the c800 that that the b8500 does not have, I would stick with with the 8500 unlless you have a problem again with it near the end of your Warante.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page