DVD Player to Samsung PN50B450B1D Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-16-2010, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a new Samsung PN50B450B1D. I've hooked up my Toshiba SD-V392SUA DVD Video Player & Video Cassette Recorder from its DVD component out and DVD audio (L/R) out jacks (switching the S-Video/Component video selector switch to Component) to the Samsung's component in 1 jacks. I powered on both the Toshiba and the Samsung and started a DVD playing. Then I pressed "Source" on the remote and tried to select AV1 but it responded that it was not connected (AV1, AV2, Component1, Component2, HDMI2/DVI, and HDMI3 were not highlighted and at the bottom of the list, which the setup guide says means that the device(s) are not connected, I tried AV1 anyway--I also tried all the other external devices just to make sure).

Although the cable set I was using was new, I swapped it out for some others I had and went through the above again with the same results. I also tried connecting to AV2, but, of course, that didn't change anything. I don't know what else to try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Did the audio work? If so which input on the TV did it work on? Has the Toshiba worked on another set? Using which output? Try the composite or S-Video from the Toshiba connected to one of the AV inputs on the TV to see if that works. Do you have another TV with a component input to try or another device like a xbox or PS3 with a component output to try. Let us know what if any of these things worked.

If it isn't 720p or 1080i/p it isn't HD. If it is 720p or 1080i/p it may not be HD content.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-17-2010, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
First, if you did plug the dvd player into the component input of the tv, you need to select the component source, not the AV source.

Second, I'm guessing you just probably plugged it in wrong. My tv is very hard to see what inputs are what on the back, and it can get confusing.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page