Official LG XXLD450 Thread - Page 45 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1321 of 1549 Old 04-22-2011, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my LG 32LK450 from Amazon and very disappointingly it is a "D" panel. I decided to unbox it and run a few tests anyways.

To test input lag, I turned off all processing and set the LK450 to game mode. Then, I took shots with a cheap digital camera of the set in clone mode versus a Samsung PX2370. The result was that the set was 1-2 frames (more often one frame) behind my monitor.

The LK450 did well on the lagom.nl tests and after setting the black level to "high", I was able to see all of the squares in the black and white level tests. This is surprising to me because I thought the VA panel would be weak on the black level test. For the viewing angle test, while viewing head on the LK450 was pleasantly uniform compared to the TN panel, but the gamma shift at off angles was unimpressive. There was slight banding in the gradient test, and square 4B had movement in the pixel walk test.

I then tested the response time with PixPerAn and the performance was noticeably worse than the PX2370. Moving images were much more blurry and generally had 2 ghosting images versus the PX2370's 1 ghosting image. Fast moving blacks would smear and leave trails on while backgrounds.

As for subjective appearance, I was satisfied with the way the set displayed fonts. I didn't test 4:4:4 but I did use the DVI->HDMI connection from my ATI Radeon 5850. However, the colors on my PX2370's colors were more vibrant (without being over-saturated). Despite being a VA panel, the blacks still looked unimpressive to me (even with black level set to low) and would quickly turn blueish at an angle. With only very minor adjustments to both sets, the PX2370 produced a better looking image.

Lastly, I tested the headset jack and found no static when sound wasn't playing. This is a huge problem on my two Samsung monitors that drives me nuts. I tried the Halo Theme linked to in the FAQ and found the result to be inconclusive. There are portions of the song which naturally sound staticy (i.e. 2:47-2:54) and even if it does sound slightly more pronounced on the LK450, it may not be a defect of the monitor.

Overall, the LG 32LK450 VA panel is a decent set, but I still have my heart on IPS for the faster pixel response time and better viewing angles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1549 Old 04-24-2011, 02:00 AM

I got a bit of a problem and I'm hoping someone would have the answer, so here goes:
I'm trying to get a fullHD movie to play on my 42LD450 thru the USB port. I've done the IR hack and it is working beautifully, except I got a movie with DTS audio track. I used Moeya HD Converter on my mac to make a AC3 audio track and then used Mkvtoolnix to remux to AC3 to the -mkv file. I was optimistic that this would work, but when I plug in my HDD and select the movie, the TV says "Opening the file" and after a good 20 seconds, it says "File not supported". I'm guessing I have to do something differently in Mkvtoolnix, but I dont know what!

And on a side note, if you have a good way to this in Windows rather than in Mac OSX, it's no problem. I have Windows running thru BootCamp.
post #1323 of 1549 Old 04-24-2011, 06:50 PM
wz1

So far three days and not losing time. Set clock to manual, set time, date, then set manual to auto. Next, set daylight saving to OFF. If I set to auto, my cable box does not transmit time so that is why i set to manual first, set time, date then back to auto. Only on auto can you set daylight saving to OFF. I tried this procedure with daylight saving not set to off and I lost time after a day or two. If it goes three more days without losing time then it can be considered a fix.
post #1324 of 1549 Old 04-25-2011, 05:58 PM

I bought the LG37LD450 at Costco a few weeks back and I love the TV, but the reduced backlight buzzing noise is driving me crazy, and I RETURNED the first one hoping this one would be okay (no luck). Given what I've read here it looks like this is an inherent issue with this set, but what I would really like to know from those who have recently bought the 37LK450 is if the buzzing noise is still there when the backlight is reduced. If so then I'll have to decide whether to keep the LD or not, but if the issue has been resolved then I'll return the LD for the new LK. Thanks to those who might be able to help.
post #1325 of 1549 Old 04-25-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmammoliti View Post

I bought the LG37LD450 at Costco a few weeks back and I love the TV, but the reduced backlight buzzing noise is driving me crazy, and I RETURNED the first one hoping this one would be okay (no luck). Given what I've read here it looks like this is an inherent issue with this set, but what I would really like to know from those who have recently bought the 37LK450 is if the buzzing noise is still there when the backlight is reduced. If so then I'll have to decide whether to keep the LD or not, but if the issue has been resolved then I'll return the LD for the new LK. Thanks to those who might be able to help.

I didn't hear buzzing with my 32LK450 but I admittedly only had it unboxed for a short time.
post #1326 of 1549 Old 04-26-2011, 01:50 PM
wz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmammoliti View Post

The LD series have lots of issues and they're counting on people not noticing or willing to live with the problems. I would not accept a buzzing lcd. I'm fortunate with my 42LD450 with regards to this problem.
post #1327 of 1549 Old 04-27-2011, 11:20 AM

I already had a 32LD350(in Korea, it's 1080p) with S-IPS(W) model and picked up a 32LK450 today.
its serial was 32LK450-NA-AKRYLH. I bought it in Korea.

32LK450(and 32LV3510) - currently only 'AKRYLH' version is available in Korea.
Other version(s) are not being distributed.
post #1328 of 1549 Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM

I can't figure out how to word this better, but here goes.

I'm looking at this series in 32". Would I be better off with the LG or a Vizio? Mostly PC use and some console gaming and movies once in a while.
post #1329 of 1549 Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM

I do not recommend to use 32LK450(Korea version; it's 1080p/120Hz) as a monitor.

In a ATI DVI-HDMI(without audio) connection, 32LK450 shows slightly more input lag than my 32LD350(Korea version; it's 1080p/60hz) and everything looks a little blurry, especially in RED or GREEN text.

I controlled sharpness ,renamed input name, changed screen mode, and tried EDID edit, but nothing helped.
The Korea version of 32LK450 does not support 4:4:4 chroma.
of course, 32LD350 works without these problems.

----

My product code is 32LK450-NA.AKRYLH. see below.

It's S-IPS panel.
post #1330 of 1549 Old 04-28-2011, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just put in an order for a 47 inch LD450. I'm just wanting to confirm that the input lag and 4:4 chroma should be just as good as smaller models?

I'm truly looking for the best gaming tv, and I'm hoping this is the one. The talk of buzzing has me concerned. I've returned tvs in the past for this very reason, and it seems to be a common thing with LG and Vizio tvs.

post #1331 of 1549 Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerriot View Post

I just put in an order for a 47 inch LD450. I'm just wanting to confirm that the input lag and 4:4 chroma should be just as good as smaller models?

I'm truly looking for the best gaming tv, and I'm hoping this is the one. The talk of buzzing has me concerned. I've returned tvs in the past for this very reason, and it seems to be a common thing with LG and Vizio tvs.

I don't think the size of the TV will make any difference at all as far as input lag is concerned, so I don't think there's any need to worry there. As for the buzzing/humming, I don't actually recall seeing many posts from people complaining about the issue, so I don't imagine it's too widespread.

Having said that, I'm actually one of the main ones who has complained in the past about the buzzing hum, for the record. It only happens when I've got the backlight setting set to anything below maximum, so my uneducated guess is that it has something to do with a voltage regulator to the backlight or something similar. The buzzing isn't really very loud at all, but I'm bothered by it because I sit within 5-6 feet from the screen and I almost never have the volume set to above 8 or so (plus, I'm sensitive to distracting noises). If I sat further back, or if I had the volume set to a higher level, I probably wouldn't hear it.

But yeah, besides myself and several others here and there, there haven't been too many complaints about it, so it probably isn't a very widespread issue.
post #1332 of 1549 Old 04-29-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeuni View Post

I do not recommend to use 32LK450(Korea version; it's 1080p/120Hz) as a monitor.

In a ATI DVI-HDMI(without audio) connection, 32LK450 shows slightly more input lag than my 32LD350(Korea version; it's 1080p/60hz) and everything looks a little blurry, especially in RED or GREEN text.

I controlled sharpness ,renamed input name, changed screen mode, and tried EDID edit, but nothing helped.
The Korea version of 32LK450 does not support 4:4:4 chroma.
of course, 32LD350 works without these problems.

Unless I'm mistaken the LK450 in the US is 60Hz.
post #1333 of 1549 Old 04-29-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Jr View Post

Unless I'm mistaken the LK450 in the US is 60Hz.

Yes. US version is 60Hz. it could be possible that the US model supports 4:4:4 chroma whereas the other one does not.
post #1334 of 1549 Old 04-30-2011, 12:27 PM

Hello to all. I'm a new italian user.
Yesterday arrived my 42ld450 lg tv. It's a very good lcd and i pay it only 390 euro :P
i have only one problem with my pc. So if someone can help me it's very appreciated.
I'm using this television to play games on my pc. i'm using a vga cable from nvidia 9600 gt to the television but all games give me a problem. I try to explain. When i play for example fifa 2011 or assassin's creed brotherhood when the game scroll or when i turn left right up or down the camera appears some slowly lines on the tv. It's like when you turn off the vsync. I tryed to turn off and on the vsync ma nothing change.
Please help
post #1335 of 1549 Old 05-01-2011, 09:28 AM

My LK450 supports 4:4:4 chroma
post #1336 of 1549 Old 05-01-2011, 12:03 PM

finally i resolve. I buy a dvi/hdmi adapter and used an hdmi cable to use the pc on television and now all works fine.
So now i wanna know how can i turn on the real cinema option in hdmi input ?
when i select hdmi real cinema is always off and i cannot change !!!
Why ? i wanna see mkv movies from my pc and i want the real cinema !!
post #1337 of 1549 Old 05-01-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudstr View Post

finally i resolve. I buy a dvi/hdmi adapter and used an hdmi cable to use the pc on television and now all works fine.
So now i wanna know how can i turn on the real cinema option in hdmi input ?
when i select hdmi real cinema is always off and i cannot change !!!
Why ? i wanna see mkv movies from my pc and i want the real cinema !!

Change your display's refresh rate to 24p.
(1080P/24 correctly refreshed at 48HZ( 2:2 pulldown) when Real Cinema is on.)
post #1338 of 1549 Old 05-03-2011, 12:01 PM

Hooray! I just got my LG 32LD450 in from NewEgg.com today and won the panel lottery! So stoked on this, I'll be running competitive fighting game tournaments on this display. Marvel 3 and SSF4:AE and more.

Just ordered this on Sunday May 1st @ 7:00PM and received it via UPS today at 11:45AM. I live in California.

post #1339 of 1549 Old 05-03-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexid View Post

Hooray! I just got my LG 32LD450 in from NewEgg.com today and won the panel lottery! So stoked on this, I'll be running competitive fighting game tournaments on this display. Marvel 3 and SSF4:AE and more.

Just ordered this on Sunday May 1st @ 7:00PM and received it via UPS today at 11:45AM. I live in California.

What would you have done if you got the VA panel? There's a penalty for returning to Newegg right?

My luck is terrible and I'm scared to try online again, but seriously every B&M store I check in the San Jose, CA area has the VA 32LK450s and overprices the 32LD450s.
post #1340 of 1549 Old 05-03-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post

What would you have done if you got the VA panel? There's a penalty for returning to Newegg right?

My luck is terrible and I'm scared to try online again, but seriously every B&M store I check in the San Jose, CA area has the VA 32LK450s and overprices the 32LD450s.

Well, since my main reason for buying this TV was the very low input lag for fighting games I was prepared to keep the MVA / VA panel if I received one as my understanding is this doesn't have any effect on input lag only picture quality, viewing angle and color reproduction.

I would have been perfectly happy with any panel they sent me but I guess its just a placebo that I got the preferred panel that everyone is so hype about in this thread

I would say roll the dice and order from NewEgg. You don't even have to open the box to tell that it is S-IPS. Looks like there is a restocking fee though on their standard TV return policy. I would say take a chance and weigh your preferences. Come to terms with getting the MVA panel before ordering and then just hope for the best is what I did lol
post #1341 of 1549 Old 05-04-2011, 02:51 AM

on my 42ld450 box on the sticker there's the code:
42ld450-ZA.AEUWLJG It's really a s-ips panel ?
post #1342 of 1549 Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexid View Post

Well, since my main reason for buying this TV was the very low input lag for fighting games I was prepared to keep the MVA / VA panel if I received one as my understanding is this doesn't have any effect on input lag only picture quality, viewing angle and color reproduction.

I would have been perfectly happy with any panel they sent me but I guess its just a placebo that I got the preferred panel that everyone is so hype about in this thread

I would say roll the dice and order from NewEgg. You don't even have to open the box to tell that it is S-IPS. Looks like there is a restocking fee though on their standard TV return policy. I would say take a chance and weigh your preferences. Come to terms with getting the MVA panel before ordering and then just hope for the best is what I did lol

VA panels have slower pixel response time and are prone to ghosting and smearing, which make them less ideal for gaming. Newegg raised the price so that option is gone. Still don't know understand why the the LK is sold cheaper than the LD.
post #1343 of 1549 Old 05-05-2011, 05:47 PM

LG 42LD450 is what I have. Anyone else notice shadowing/ghosting while watching movies? Specifically, dark scenes or anything dark. All I do is watch Blu-Rays on my PS3 and when they show dark areas or move around when its a dark scene I get shadowing. Is there a way to get rid of this ? I am using rawashdeh's settings ( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post20041141 ) btw from the xxLD450 FAQ. Maybe theres something in the settings that I should change ? Someone please help out, thanks.
post #1344 of 1549 Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 AM

I've had a problem that's been consistently nagging me for awhile now( and cloudr alluded to a bit earlier). I currently have a 42LD450 that I have connected to my PC via HDMi(1080p@60hz) and then I have my Samsung Syncmaster connected via DVi(1680x1050@60hz). Now the glaring problem is that the TV is 1080p, the monitor is 1680x1050 and the subsequent issue is that my screen tears depending which is considered the secondary monitor. So, If I have my TV set to my primary(with overscan to fill the screen and avoid black backs), no tearing on the T.V; but massive tearing on the monitor and vice versa. Is there any remedy to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #1345 of 1549 Old 05-10-2011, 06:24 AM

Hi all, I'm looking for a 32" LCD TV to use as a PC monitor for work and gaming (Starcraft 2 and Black Ops multiplayer/competitive).

I can't seem to get the LD450 in South Africa, but I can get the LD460 and LD550. Could anyone please comment on these screens for my purposes?

I can also get the Samsung LA32C530.

Thank you in advance.
post #1346 of 1549 Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 AM

Bump?

*edit*

Found a LA32C550 SQ02 panel, seems the one to go for after lots of reading.
post #1347 of 1549 Old 05-11-2011, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMARKz View Post

LG 42LD450 is what I have. Anyone else notice shadowing/ghosting while watching movies? Specifically, dark scenes or anything dark. All I do is watch Blu-Rays on my PS3 and when they show dark areas or move around when its a dark scene I get shadowing. Is there a way to get rid of this ? I am using rawashdeh's settings ( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post20041141 ) btw from the xxLD450 FAQ. Maybe theres something in the settings that I should change ? Someone please help out, thanks.

I'm going to guess you don't have an IPS panel in your set.

post #1348 of 1549 Old 05-11-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerriot View Post

I'm going to guess you don't have an IPS panel in your set.

I know I have a D Panel (A-MVA) if that helps lol
post #1349 of 1549 Old 05-11-2011, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeuni View Post

----

My product code is 32LK450-NA.AKRYLH. see below.

It's S-IPS panel.

You need to do a loupe test to be absolutely sure. Use a magnifying lens and check that the pixel pattern is chevron shaped (<<<<<<<).
post #1350 of 1549 Old 05-11-2011, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I've had my 32LD450 "W" with IPS panel for over a month now... I use it connected to my windows 7 64bit with HD6950 2GB card via dvi-hdmi cable. The TV passes 4;4:4 test and it is very pleasant to use it as computer screen. I’m sitting about 4 feet away from the screen in almost pitch black environment. The browsing and gaming on it is a lot of fun. Recently I started to watch more movies and play games (with a lot of dark scenes in it) and I finding IPS panel weak black’s becoming slowly an issue… The backlight is set to 30 if I go below I find picture become to dim for my likings.. There is some tiny panel buzz TV too, with backlight set low… it is not a big issue because my PC’s noise takes over. Also perhaps due to my settings… I see some motion blur, not so much in FPS games like Crysis 2 or MW2… but in a simple brainless flash game like AngryBrids… you can see it when birds are being thrown… I guess I should check my old NEC 20MWGX2 (w/A-IPS) to see if it acts the same…

Are there any settings to improve blacks or I should look to exchange it to Sony 32EX400 (S-PVA) or new Samsung LN32D550 (SQ01 w/ S-PVA panel)?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page