Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by unluckyone View Post
ltm300m1c8lv3.2 BUY NEW
BN81-02450A

Found where to buy these NEW direct from SAMSUNG from the real seller on ebay that just had his accounts closed do to fraudulent and illegal actions of the other seller !!
So he is sharing this info:
go to samsungparts.com
search BN81-02450A

Has anyone ordered a board from samsungparts.com?
If so, how'd it go... are they legit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 64 Old 08-09-2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enko63 View Post

I've had my XHD3000 for three years and its now flickering. I guess I'll try out some of the methods when I get the chance but should buying this new board fix all these problems?

Also what's the deal with the 1-2 second blackout a little bit after you turn the monitor on? I always just assumed it was something that it always did. It didn't really bother me since once it did it, it didn't do it again until I turned it off again.

I just started having the flickering. I'm gonna read up on the REPAIR options.
How do we avoid having to go through this in the future..?
post #33 of 64 Old 08-25-2011, 02:06 PM

OK, new user (long time lurker, here) ...

We all should have realised before buying that we were buying a Gateway product.

We all know that they have absolutely nothing that says we should trust their products.

That said, we are all the best of people, as we chose to ignore such negative-nelly feelings and go with this fantastic monitor.

For those that are curious about samsungparts.com, I'm going to buy the part from them now (after a domain verification!), and I'll let you know how easy it all was.

This monitor doesn't deserve to die, so let's get it on the transplant list ... STAT!

PS. I can't be the only one noticing that all of us have started seeing this problem at roughly the same time. I read somewhere about a class action suite. I'm inclined to think that's a pretty valid thing right now!

EDIT-
reseller rating hates them :-s
http://www.resellerratings.com/store...ernational_Inc
post #34 of 64 Old 08-26-2011, 03:46 AM

http://classlitigation.com/index.php...gainst-gateway

I saw this link somewhere also on Hard Forums.

How do we become part of it?
post #35 of 64 Old 08-30-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damex28 View Post

I just had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. For years my screen worked perfectly, a few 1 second black outs which would distort the screen along with fuzzy letters and numbers etc. Now though, I can hear the sound, the side buttons turn on, but no logo screen when I turn it on or anything from the screen. Just pure BLACKNESS. Like u man, I needed to unplug it and let it cool down, then after a few minutes it would turn on, but now after a few days, it won't turn on. I'm in NYC and I can't seem to have the time to look for someone to help me fix it, if anyone knows someone in NYC that can fix this problem or can show me, please let me know. I feel ur pain cartj.. :,-(

HELP!!!!!!! Please....

I have the same problem where my monitor turn on for 10 minutes then everything goes black. The strange issues is sound still works. Does anyone know how to fix the problem? Can replace the "LTM300M1C8LV3.2" Logic board with a new one fix the issue?
post #36 of 64 Old 09-03-2011, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
count me in for the lawsuit
post #37 of 64 Old 09-25-2011, 11:23 AM

My XHD3000 began to have screen blackouts about a month ago.
I would turn on the monitor and after a couple of minutes the sceen would go black and could not get it to come back on until I would turn off for a few minutes and turn it back on. It would do this over and over.
I resouldered the ALTERA chip as described by REVTECH2010 and screen is working like a champ for now.
I would be interested if anyone finds a replacement for the logic board at a decent price.
THANKS REVTECH FOR THE DETAILED REPAIR PROCEDURE.
post #38 of 64 Old 09-27-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjstein62 View Post

My XHD3000 began to have screen blackouts about a month ago.
I would turn on the monitor and after a couple of minutes the sceen would go black and could not get it to come back on until I would turn off for a few minutes and turn it back on. It would do this over and over.
I resouldered the ALTERA chip as described by REVTECH2010 and screen is working like a champ for now.
I would be interested if anyone finds a replacement for the logic board at a decent price.
THANKS REVTECH FOR THE DETAILED REPAIR PROCEDURE.

CJ - How did you Resoulder it? All the soldering points.. how many points (solder balls)?
What kind of equipment did you do it with?
I thought this BGA thing needed a full reflow machine.
post #39 of 64 Old 09-27-2011, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

My dvi has stopped working. Any suggestions on getting it to work again. Is DVI the only port that will do 2560 x1600
post #40 of 64 Old 10-23-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

My dvi has stopped working. Any suggestions on getting it to work again. Is DVI the only port that will do 2560 x1600

Well I haven't been here in a while as my display has been working flawlessly since February, added a heatsink and fan right inside the monitor...
well to my dismay i was swappin a video card for testing purposes 2 nights ago and my dvi port went bye bye? vga still works but like Suzook no 2560x1600 res (even though i created a custom res w/in my nvidia 570 its still not crisp like the native res over DVI ) any idea on how this can be fixed or is a new logic board the only option here.. the display is gorgeous when it works but man hate to sink any more than i have to into this pig!!

Makes me wonder if Samsung intentionally sold gateway bum components to keep them outta the high end monitor biz?? I don't see actual samsung monitors having any of the constant problems associated with this model??? just a thought but does seem odd

hook me a fix PLEASE!!!! i cant stand this 1920x1200 so uuuggggggggly
post #41 of 64 Old 10-24-2011, 02:02 PM

Just ordered a new main board should be here by weds.. Ill keep ya posted as to if it fixed it cost me $88 w/ shipping not too bad considering the gougers on ebay wanted $300 w/shipping!
post #42 of 64 Old 10-26-2011, 03:48 PM

Got the new board today and bam 100% fixed it.. just like swapping a motherboard outta a computer, the same exact procedure as on page 1 , even easier just unplugged 5 wires and put the new board on screwed in the 6 screws and bam was done sealed it back up and it was easy.. not sure if its just because i was using the vga cable or if its real but the screen seems brighter / cripser ?? prolly just my imagination but its great now, if ya need help hit me up..

vic
post #43 of 64 Old 11-06-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viccan View Post

Just ordered a new main board should be here by weds.. Ill keep ya posted as to if it fixed it cost me $88 w/ shipping not too bad considering the gougers on ebay wanted $300 w/shipping!

where did you get it? thanks
post #44 of 64 Old 11-13-2011, 04:16 PM

I have had several of these monitors. If you go into them knowing you get a year or so, they are awesome. It's even better when just replacing a cheap board fixes the issue.

I think there are 2 distinct issues though. I had the large vertical white band. I tried resoldering (use a little torch that uses a cigarette lighter as the source) and that worked for several weeks.

Going for round 2 on the torch, I well, torched it. :-) Put it back together and sure enough, no good.

When I got the replacement board from samsungparts, I put it in, and voila, all good. But a problem that I have had before and after the replacement of the board is the 1-2 second blackout. I havn't found a solution to that problem.

Anyone have any insight?
post #45 of 64 Old 11-17-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:

Got the new board today and bam 100% fixed it.. just like swapping a motherboard outta a computer, the same exact procedure as on page 1 , even easier just unplugged 5 wires and put the new board on screwed in the 6 screws and bam was done sealed it back up and it was easy.. not sure if its just because i was using the vga cable or if its real but the screen seems brighter / cripser ?? prolly just my imagination but its great now, if ya need help hit me up..

vic

Did you say, just unplugging? You did not have to Solder etc at all? Just replaced it with a new board?

Can you please share the source/ contact with us?

Could you please outline / guide us as to which wires?

Quote:

Source please?

Quote:

Well I haven't been here in a while as my display has been working flawlessly since February, added a heatsink and fan right inside the monitor...
well to my dismay i was swappin a video card for testing purposes 2 nights ago and my dvi port went bye bye? vga still works but like Suzook no 2560x1600 res (even though i created a custom res w/in my nvidia 570 its still not crisp like the native res over DVI ) any idea on how this can be fixed or is a new logic board the only option here.. the display is gorgeous when it works but man hate to sink any more than i have to into this pig!!

Makes me wonder if Samsung intentionally sold gateway bum components to keep them outta the high end monitor biz?? I don't see actual samsung monitors having any of the constant problems associated with this model??? just a thought but does seem odd

Can you please share the HOW TO of how you added the heatsink and fan?
post #46 of 64 Old 11-25-2011, 02:05 PM

I got mine used an it hasn't gone out but had a vertical red line but it cost about $250 to fix now I get a red haze which makes it less bright and it went out this morning with just the top to lights on the side blinking but it came back on (but for how long) Now I'm deciding on getting a new one or repair it again. But if I repair it again when will break down again.
is this a LTM300M1C8LV3.2 problem

And if I get a new one I want another 30in but I want it to last a lot longer

thinking about dell UltraSharp U3011 or HP ZR30w

Only think is they are high cost mostly cause the resolution which I use 1920x1400 on the gateway so I don't need that but what I liked about the gateway was the pic n pic which I could have to PC hooked up at the same time, But I guess that all over now unless i repair it.

So give me your opinions get rid or new also give me some of your your stories
post #47 of 64 Old 11-27-2011, 05:13 AM

For people who've found a good source for the Board / Chip where their repair is working, we'd really appreciate if you could share the CONTACTS of the source/ seller from where you bought it and the details.

I see people coming, finding the solution and then running off without sharing
post #48 of 64 Old 01-03-2012, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

I have two Samsung SyncMaster 305T 30" LCD monitors. About two years ago #1 started having weird colors appear on the screen; under warranty sent it back to Samsung for repair. I asked what was wrong...

Dear Customer,

We placed T-con and front cover.
Here are parts #s
BN81-02450A, BN96-03652A

Paul Kim,
General Manager
201-355-2127

Well, that was about two years ago. Now #2 monitor has a wide bottom to top rainbow of colors band. Guess I will be replacing the same board BN81-02450A T-con to fix it myself as it is no longer under warranty. #1 still working well after repair.
post #49 of 64 Old 01-07-2012, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Yeah....that fixed it! Good for another couple years I hope.

http://www.samsungparts.com/Default.aspx
post #50 of 64 Old 03-24-2012, 10:19 PM

Well, mine started messing up today.

Bummer! This is stillin my opinion the best monitor out there.

Here's some mov files to show what it is doing.

What do I replace to fix this? Is it the board?

These mov files won't stream, so you will have to DL and watch from your desktop. They are big, I think the last one is the smallest. It is like 22mb.

http://www.turbonet.biz/misc/XHD3000/
post #51 of 64 Old 05-07-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwclark View Post

Yeah....that fixed it! Good for another couple years I hope.

http://www.samsungparts.com/Default.aspx

Where did you buy it from? SOURCE?
How did you get it installed/ replaced? Or did it yourself?
post #52 of 64 Old 05-07-2012, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

the link to samsungparts is in his post. He did the replacement himself. The first page or so has the instructions
post #53 of 64 Old 05-07-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

the link to samsungparts is in his post. He did the replacement himself. The first page or so has the instructions

I hear people found a source/ real shop/ supplier somewhere in China?

I have few friends there and I could get it from there.
post #54 of 64 Old 05-07-2012, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

I think they did get one back but I dont know if it was ever tested or proven to work
post #55 of 64 Old 05-31-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech2010 View Post

XHD3000 Permanent Easy Repair Modification and Mysteries explained (Photo Guide).

This is a combined picture tutorial on dismantling the monitor and putting it back in a way that makes future repairs very convenient and quick. I have also found answers to some mysterious problems...

Thank you so much for creating this photo Guide! Following it totally saved my monitor and my wallet!

My XHD3000 works to perfection now...
Best to you and all of those who contributed to this thread!!!!
post #56 of 64 Old 08-20-2012, 11:37 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue. That thin white ribbon....I accidently unplugged it and I have no idea where it plugs back into. One end of the cable goes into the main board . Don't know where the other end plugs into. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
post #57 of 64 Old 08-21-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patko715 View Post

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue. That thin white ribbon....I accidently unplugged it and I have no idea where it plugs back into. One end of the cable goes into the main board . Don't know where the other end plugs into. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

You should be able to hold one end up on where it does into the mainboard and see how long it is and where the bends in the cable are and find the other end.

Look over these videos and see it it helps you:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bammbammfran?feature=watch

He may respond to questions and help you as well.
post #58 of 64 Old 09-16-2012, 03:32 AM

Thanks for all the helps from the people in this forum.
I bought my monitor in 2008 and now I have the green screen problem.
I read this thread and I believe the problem is the temperature of the ALTERA chip.
Every morning when I turned on the monitor, the green screen appears.
I think it is because the chip cooled down during the night.
Then I set my windows XP resolution to 1280x800 (instead of native 2560x1600).
The ALTERA chip should do the rescaling so the chip heat up itself.
About 10-15min the monitor will return to normal, then I can set the resolution back to 2560x1600.
And it will hold up for the rest of the day.
It worked so many times for me, never failed. No need to take the monitor case apart.
I hope this can help some people who don't know how to take things apart.
post #59 of 64 Old 09-16-2012, 08:25 AM

Don't fool yourself.

Your board is going to fail.

1) Get a new board.
2) Make sure that when you are not using the monitor, the display shuts off
3) Only run at 2560x1600, it will last a lot longer that way. When it has to do scaling, it heats up a lot more.
4) Optional, put some cooling fans on the case blowing on the Altera chip area.

If you do the above things, you can get a lot of life out of a great monitor

They all fail in slightly different ways because it depends on which PINs start having cold solder joint issues first.
post #60 of 64 Old 10-07-2012, 01:52 PM

Thank you SO much for the detailed pictures on the repair of the controller board. I bought a new controller board from www.samsungparts.com since it appears the XHD3000 is the same as the Samsung 305T. Part number: BN81-02450A. The cost was $168.73 and they had it in stock so I received it in a few days. http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BN81-02450A.aspx?model=

I ended up installing it just where it was and put it all back together. I got about 4 years out of the monitor before this went bad so hopefully I get similar usage out of it. I followed these instructions carefully and it took me about two hours. I only have a few comments:

1. I found it handy to take an 8.5x11 piece of paper, drew the approximate locations of each screw, and then when I removed a screw, I put it at that part on the drawing. It was very easy to keep them all straight that way and put them back in order.

2. When removing the white cable on the left side, notice that the dark part of the connector slides out which loosens the grip of the connector on the cable. Do this before you attempt to pull out the white cable.

Thanks again for helping me save my monitor!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page