Vizio 47 1080p/120Hz LCD HDTV E470VL - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-28-2010, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

I'm new here. Having looked at many LCD HD TVs in my price range, I think I've decided to purchase a Vizio E470VL. I have a question regarding the factory default settings on Vizio TVs.

On my current HDTV, I have my DirecTV box set to 'Pillar Box' so that any 16:9 HD shows are viewed full frame, and any 4:3 shows are viewed with black bars to the left and right. I prefer that to stretching the pictures.

With my Vizio, would I set it to 'Normal' or 'Wide' in order to achieve the same result? Also, what is the factory default setting for the smooth motion effect? I have a feeling that Low or Medium will look better than High?

Thanks,

Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-28-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post

Hi Guys,

I'm new here. Having looked at many LCD HD TVs in my price range, I think I've decided to purchase a Vizio E470VL. I have a question regarding the factory default settings on Vizio TVs.

On my current HDTV, I have my DirecTV box set to 'Pillar Box' so that any 16:9 HD shows are viewed full frame, and any 4:3 shows are viewed with black bars to the left and right. I prefer that to stretching the pictures.

With my Vizio, would I set it to 'Normal' or 'Wide' in order to achieve the same result? Also, what is the factory default setting for the smooth motion effect? I have a feeling that Low or Medium will look better than High?

Thanks,

Terry

Since I'm looking at the same TV...

I looked at the manual for this and it looked like the best thing for smooth motion was to choose the smooth motion demo to see if your setting works well. As I understand it, it's not so good for some material and you'd want it off. Maybe a low or medium for sports?

AFAIK, "NORMAL" is what you want for the aspect ratio, assuming I understand how your DirectTV works (never had one).

BTW, please post your experiences with this set. There is another thread not far down that people are starting to post info in. I'd like to know about how good the blacks are, glare, how much banding, any stuck pixels, and anything else you discover. No TV is perfect, but it's a matter of how much value is there, IMHO.

Thanks,
Rich

- Rich
post #3 of 8 Old 06-28-2010, 09:07 PM

Hi

Im glad you bought this TV. Can you post a review in the below listed thread. Trying to create one thread for this series.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1255470

Thanks

Enjoy your TV !!

post #4 of 8 Old 07-13-2010, 06:57 PM

i just bought the Vizio E470VL yesterday from Walmart also. It looks very good straight out of the box, but was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the optimal settings for this TV.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-26-2010, 05:18 PM

Same here
post #6 of 8 Old 02-19-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpacattack View Post

i just bought the Vizio E470VL yesterday from Walmart also. It looks very good straight out of the box, but was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the optimal settings for this TV.

would help here as well
post #7 of 8 Old 05-04-2011, 06:42 AM

I recently purchased the E470VL. Great picture, but when I went thru the menu settings & more specifically the help menu & info page, under Vertical Resolution it says "60". Does this mean its not 120Hz?

(Iwas watching Bluray hooked up via HDMI)
post #8 of 8 Old 07-08-2011, 06:02 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpacattack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerisgood View Post

I recently purchased the E470VL. Great picture, but when I went thru the menu settings & more specifically the help menu & info page, under Vertical Resolution it says "60". Does this mean its not 120Hz?

(Iwas watching Bluray hooked up via HDMI)

I would like this info as well...
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page