LG 32LC7DC - white screen of death - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-30-2010, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an LG 32LC7DC that is used in a business environment. It's on at least 12 hours a day and has been for the last 2 years. When I turn it on in the morning I get a white screen. I am not able to power the TV off without having to pull the power cable to it. When I turn it back on it eventually works. Is this the end of the TV's life?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-17-2012, 02:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
a few years ago I had a monitor start whiting out like that. it lasted about another month before it just wouldn't show anything. I researched the problem and found that a very common problem that causes many people to throw away and buy a new one. I am still using mine today, and here's why:

I don't know how acccurate I'm going to be or if I'm even right....but this is a fairly simple thing to do and could give your screen another life. first you unplug it all of course...then open up your monitor so you can see the electronics and pcb .... what we're looking for is capacitors that are blown. (google for it if you don't know what they look like) Basically, all the capacitors should have flat tops...if they are blown, you can tell because they will have a push out bubble top. Replace all bubbled capacitors using you or someone's soldering skills...and bam! my monitor works just like it always did. And it only costed me 4 dollars to fix

Hopefully this will help you..plus it's very easy to at least check...would be a shame to throw away if it was something simple. (btw, repair shop will charge you a LOT more that 4 dollars...do yourself a favor and at least have a look) smile.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page