Sharp AQUOS LC-40D68UT 1080p LCD HDTV, need input? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-06-2010, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently purchased a Sharp AQUOS 40-inch LC-40D68UT 1080p LCD HDTV.

I just got it and I got a really good deal on it, it is listed as $700, and I got it for around $400 (including tax and shipping) with a discount and american express gift certificate, and bought it from Dell.

I just recently got it, and the only issue was that I tried to research the TV before I bought it, but could not find any real detailed reviews, and I have about 1 month before I can return it. The deal was really good and I ordered it right away, but I am just curious if it has good specs or not

The only reason I ask is that I hooked it up to AT&T U-verse via HDMI and the picture just doesn't seem that crisp to me. My parents purchased a Sony Bravia over three years ago, and I know it is hard to compare the two, but it is 42" and they hooked it up to directv, and the picture looks a lot crisper and better on the Bravia LCD TV, even though it is more than three years old.

Is it just the feed, that directv is better than att u-verse, or is the TV just not a good one?

The response is low, and I thought the Sharp Aquos had a good reputation.

Should I return it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-07-2010, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just went online and I can return my TV to Dell and replace it with a Bravia 40-inch KDL40EX400 1080p LCD HDTV for about $100 more or so.

Just curious if that would be a better option?

Cause I was watching the world cup today and the picture was good, but just didn't seem crisp.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page