Official Vizio XVT3SV Series NO PRICE or Coupon talk - Page 103 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > LCD Flat Panel Displays > Official Vizio XVT3SV Series NO PRICE or Coupon talk

LCD Flat Panel Displays

guitardedboy's Avatar guitardedboy
04:51 AM Liked: 10
post #3061 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 95
Took my second try 55" XVT back yesterday and purchased a Samsung pn58c550 (Plasma).

I couldn't be happier! (no start up problems, no blooming...no locking up on me) and absolutely flawless picture.

I'll never buy a Vizio again.

I hope you guys have better luck with them then I did with Vizio. I really wanted to like the tv but both TV's just had WAY to many problems for a BRAND NEW tv.
SharksFan98's Avatar SharksFan98
05:42 AM Liked: 10
post #3062 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedboy View Post

Took my second try 55" XVT back yesterday and purchased a Samsung pn58c550 (Plasma).

I couldn't be happier! (no start up problems, no blooming...no locking up on me) and absolutely flawless picture.

I'll never buy a Vizio again.

I hope you guys have better luck with them then I did with Vizio. I really wanted to like the tv but both TV's just had WAY to many problems for a BRAND NEW tv.

Quickly going over the Amazon reviews for that model suggests a lot if people can't stand the buzzing from that set. I have freaking dog hearing so that eliminates a lot of plasma sets for me lol. I hope you have better luck than you did with the defective Vizios that you had . We wish you the best.
kevin86's Avatar kevin86
06:09 AM Liked: 10
post #3063 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 41
Hi everyone and thanks for the great thread. I just went and picked up this TV yesterday. Quick question. I've got the remote all set up to control my DirecTV box and control the volume for my onkyo receiver. Is it possible for this remote to power on/off my receiver as well as the DirecTV box? Thanks!
goatload's Avatar goatload
07:28 AM Liked: 10
post #3064 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom the Piddler View Post
Have you tried the Jag Wheel to try and turn the set on?

How do you turn the set OFF?

Have you received the newest firmware? Vizio_C3.2.3_RC3

What devices do you have hooked up to the 553?

OTA or cable by coax?

Etc, etc, etc...

If or when you call Tech Support, they are probably going to have you change the batteries out in the remote and return it to IR status. From the manual: "Open your Slider to expose your VUR10's keyboard. Press and hold the Q, P, and SPACE keys for approximately 10 seconds. Release all keys and remove the batteries from the remote. Once removed, wait 3 seconds before reinserting the batteries."

Is the Vizio logo orange in color?

You have done what they will probably get you to do next - unplug the unit, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in.

Can not recall offhand a unit not coming on as you described, either in this thread or the RVR thread.

You might be the first in these threads with the set not starting up as yours does.

So a call to Vizio tech support would be in order.

Please keep us informed, as the thread can use the info for helping others and problem solving.

Tom

ps: I'm a slow writer, so by time I get this posted, someone else may have helped you. :-))
Thanks for the reply! Interesting points, I hadn't considered that it might be the remote. I had not tried the Jag Wheel in these instances... Before I call support, I will definitely try to power on the tv that way first... and if that works, clearly there's a bluetooth issue with the remote.

As for your other questions... My devices are Comcast Cable, Sony Blu Ray Player, and that's it. I do have the latest firmware. This all started after I got that firmware, btw... The logo's not orange.

Thanks again, I will reply again with more info when this happens again.
dumon's Avatar dumon
07:34 AM Liked: 10
post #3065 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshman211 View Post
Hey RX7,

Yeah, So I have the second set and the blooming is still present. It does not seem as bad on this set, Im using the same settings and I do not get big halo's around on screen displays like I did with the other set. I messed with it all night and while it is better then the last one I still cant stand the blooming. I watch alot of horror movies and movies with dark scenes and if I keep this set I will just focus on this issue forever. So they are both going back. I think I am gonna get a Panasonic G25, I know about the issues with the rising blacks etc but Ill make do. It's a shame cause I really do like this set but for the content I watch I just cant deal with it.
I used to have Panasonic G25 and the floating black issue was too annoying so I had to return it.
I currently have 47XVT3SV and consider it to be a better choice.
txinliner's Avatar txinliner
07:58 AM Liked: 10
post #3066 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 31
i got my xvt 553 6 weeks ago and love it. color accuracey is right on proccesing is fantastic and flesh tones are just right.the lg and the vizio shre the same backlighting technology
DarrellH's Avatar DarrellH
08:08 AM Liked: 10
post #3067 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 412
Quote:
Hey RX7,

Yeah, So I have the second set and the blooming is still present. It does not seem as bad on this set, Im using the same settings and I do not get big halo's around on screen displays like I did with the other set. I messed with it all night and while it is better then the last one I still cant stand the blooming. I watch alot of horror movies and movies with dark scenes and if I keep this set I will just focus on this issue forever. So they are both going back. I think I am gonna get a Panasonic G25, I know about the issues with the rising blacks etc but Ill make do. It's a shame cause I really do like this set but for the content I watch I just cant deal with it.
I'm sad to say, if I can convince my wife the hassle is worth it, we may be returning our set as well. We were watching "Inception" last night. There were a bunch of dark scenes where all the faces had the "Angelic glow" blooming effect. For the most part, the movie looked stunning... but then..... yuck! I'm not sure I can handle it. I think this really is an amazing "bang for the buck" set but I think the much more expensive Sony HX909 or NX810 are in our future
Tom the Piddler's Avatar Tom the Piddler
08:22 AM Liked: 10
post #3068 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatload View Post
Thanks for the reply! Interesting points, I hadn't considered that it might be the remote. I had not tried the Jag Wheel in these instances... Before I call support, I will definitely try to power on the tv that way first... and if that works, clearly there's a bluetooth issue with the remote.

As for your other questions... My devices are Comcast Cable, Sony Blu Ray Player, and that's it. I do have the latest firmware. This all started after I got that firmware, btw... The logo's not orange.

Thanks again, I will reply again with more info when this happens again.
To make sure we are on the same page, the VIZIO logo I'm referring to is in the bezel at the bottom/middle of the set. Should be kinda ORANGE when the set is OFF, and turns WHITE when it is ON.

The logo will blink ORANGE to WHITE for a few moments when the power is restored (plugged back in). That's the set's software is checking things out before starting up after a power interruption. Can also occur if the system is getting into trouble as it will shut down the set, do the ORANGE and WHITE blinking for several minutes, and restart itself back up. Vizio refers this to the "WATCH DOG". This and the RVR thread refers to it as part of the Random Vizio Reboot ( RVR ) scenario.

The remote... when you reset the remote, the remote goes into IR mode, eliminating the BlueTooth pairing. Everything will work as normal in IR mode, but you will have to point the remote in the direction of the lower left hand corner of the set where the IR sensor is located. You will need to pair up the remote to the set's BlueTooth connection after your satisfied the set responds well to the IR mode.

Hope all goes well.

Tom
txinliner's Avatar txinliner
08:43 AM Liked: 10
post #3069 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 31
try these settings picture mode; movie / backlight;51/ brightness:51/contrast:45/color:39/tint:1/sharpness:6/color temprature..gain:red127/green129/blue118..offset...red128/green133/blue132..advanced picture are as follows. smooth motionff( this works great when watching hd or blu ray you wont get the soap opera effect switch back on for football etc.) real cinema mode n/a with smooth motion off./noise reduction off/color enhancement off/adaptive luma :low film mode: auto/ smart dimmingn. hope that helps
spoonmandts's Avatar spoonmandts
09:26 AM Liked: 25
post #3070 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 208
Can we get a list of movies and chapters/scenes within that movie where *Blooming* rears its ugly head? Assuming most owners are using the same settings, it could be a convenient way to pop a movie in and test a new set or an exchanged unit to see if 1 is better than another.
pgm's Avatar pgm
09:46 AM Liked: 10
post #3071 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by shvederick View Post

It's not the best image it's more silver in color than this image shows

This is a shot that clearly indicates blooming even straight-on. Those who do not have significant blooming -- how does your start-up screen compare to this?
Duston's Avatar Duston
10:29 AM Liked: 10
post #3072 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 4
Can anyone confirm for me that their bluetooth audio works with VIA? I was streaming Netflix last night and could not get bluetooth audio to work. I use a pair of Motorola bluetooth headphones and they work great when watching Dish Network via HDMI1.

I also noticed that the newest firmware update (C3.2.3_RC3) seems to allow a "sticky" bluetooth audio setting. I used to have to turn bluetooth audio on everytime in the Vizio menu, but now once I set it to On, it stays that way. A very welcome change in my book.
10:36 AM Liked: 10
post #3073 of 4753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw00dy View Post

just wanted to post some pictures of the "first" start up HDMI problems.

first 2 are messed, and 3rd just after it stops being jacked up.

Thanks for the pic's. Thought I was back in the 1960's there for a moment. :-))

Do hope you and others get this start-up problem resolved soon, as I can see it can be a very concerned situation to have.

Tom
88ronin's Avatar 88ronin
10:38 AM Liked: 20
post #3074 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm View Post

This is a shot that clearly indicates blooming even straight-on. Those who do not have significant blooming -- how does your start-up screen compare to this?

I have no blooming and my TV definitely does not look like that on start-up.

Keep in mind that it is impossible to judge picture quality and/or problems through a digital picture, especially something like blooming or bleeding.

A camera exposes for the entire picture to bring out the dark areas, so if you have small bright areas, those will be overexposed, thus making a problem seem worse. As an example, the "V" is a blown highlight in his picture, and yet he says that in actuality it is silver in color. This is an indication that the camera blew out the V since it had to expose for the entire dark screen. This in turn also made his corners look a lot worse than it probably is.

That being said, his backlight might still be a bit too high like someone else mentioned.
pgm's Avatar pgm
10:49 AM Liked: 10
post #3075 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ronin View Post

I have no blooming and my TV definitely does not look like that on start-up.

Keep in mind that it is impossible to judge picture quality and/or problems through a digital picture, especially something like blooming or bleeding.

A camera exposes for the entire picture to bring out the dark areas, so if you have small bright areas, those will be overexposed, thus making a problem seem worse. As an example, the "V" is a blown highlight in his picture, and yet he says that in actuality it is silver in color. This is an indication that the camera blew out the V since it had to expose for the entire dark screen. This in turn also made his corners look a lot worse than it probably is.

That being said, his backlight might still be a bit too high like someone else mentioned.

I agree to some extent that a digital photo may not be a best way to judge. However, it can still be a good indicator of uniformity -- one can clearly see non-uniformity in illumination in the shot, especially close to the corners.

BTW, the picture settings, including backlight, have no effect on the start-up screen.
spoonmandts's Avatar spoonmandts
10:49 AM Liked: 25
post #3076 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 208
pgm, if you haven't already, please post your current picture settings
88ronin's Avatar 88ronin
10:55 AM Liked: 20
post #3077 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 199
I'm not sure if I just missed this feature earlier or if it came with the new firmware, but...... have you guys noticed now that on certain widgets (along the bottom of your screen) there is now small up-down arrows above and below the widget, which indicates that you can now use the up-down buttons on your remote to scroll through different sub-widgets without opening it up entirely...... was this always there??

For example, on the Accuweather widget, the up-down arrow will allow you to scroll through the temperature readings for the different cities you stored in your Accuweather app, without actually opening up the entire app. Man, that is slick.

Vizio's entire implementation and presentation of internet apps makes my Samsung's internet apps look archaic by comparison. For those who have seen other companies internet apps, are there any setups as good as Vizio's?
10:56 AM Liked: 10
post #3078 of 4753
Quote:

pgm

My set looks similar to the pic, but with the original screen logo. Probably what we are seeing is meant to be part of the start-up scene. But as soon as the set fires up, past the start-up scene, all is well. We have almost zero blooming (credits).

Tom
joshman211's Avatar joshman211
10:59 AM Liked: 10
post #3079 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post

I'm sad to say, if I can convince my wife the hassle is worth it, we may be returning our set as well. We were watching "Inception" last night. There were a bunch of dark scenes where all the faces had the "Angelic glow" blooming effect. For the most part, the movie looked stunning... but then..... yuck! I'm not sure I can handle it. I think this really is an amazing "bang for the buck" set but I think the much more expensive Sony HX909 or NX810 are in our future

Yeah it stinks and its a really hard choice given the price of the set. I think if the majority of the content that I watched was I guess brighter if you could say that such as comedys and animated movies etc.. then I would be fine with it. But if you watch alot of movies with dark scenes and you have blooming then your gonna have to make a tough choice. I havent seen the models your talking about but I was looking at an LG that had local dimming and was lucky to see it in a dark enviroment and I did notice that it had similar blooming as well. It looked a little differant then the effect on the Vizio but the same for the most part.
pilgrimpete's Avatar pilgrimpete
11:01 AM Liked: 15
post #3080 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duston View Post

Can anyone confirm for me that their bluetooth audio works with VIA? I was streaming Netflix last night and could not get bluetooth audio to work. I use a pair of Motorola bluetooth headphones and they work great when watching Dish Network via HDMI1.

I also noticed that the newest firmware update (C3.2.3_RC3) seems to allow a "sticky" bluetooth audio setting. I used to have to turn bluetooth audio on everytime in the Vizio menu, but now once I set it to On, it stays that way. A very welcome change in my book.

I'll have to check this as I haven't used mine since before the firmware update. Prior to this, they worked great, other than the setting not sticking which it is good to hear has been 'fixed'.

I have the Vizio headphones so one would assume they at least tested with these.
paulman182's Avatar paulman182
11:14 AM Liked: 11
post #3081 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 164
Quote:

Mine looks like that, except with the old logo. It looks to me like all the LEDS are full on when the set is turned on and a few seconds later they dim properly. At least, that's how it works on my Chinese 47 inch set.

Do yours all stay on at full brightness? If so, I'd say something is wrong.
11:23 AM Liked: 10
post #3082 of 4753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post

dude....I've followed this thread front to back. Your detailed immaculate and innumerable description(s) of your problem is nothing short of amazing (on dual fronts). While I'm not an engineer, I do feel that I fit the stereotypical mentality. Being a professional tech head -- I will go fathoms deep trying to cipher why things just don't work like they should---to a fault occasionally. So I totally get where your're coming from with your issue. That said, based upon the pics of your issue...."analus detailitis" is not the problem here---that looks like crap!

Front 1-Kudos and Hallelujahs for the superb analysis and documentation. --in forums like this...it all helps folk in need.

It's weird....but sometimes "we" get so caught up, focused, .....isolated if you will, upon solving the problem that one of our chief allies (logic) gets pushed to the side and ignored. I know you know what I'm talking about. Been there and have several t-shirts from the wife to prove it. Ahhh... the cognitive dissonant logic loop.

I might be wrong but from my chair, what with all your examination, testing, and referrals to the group, you're obviously clinging madly to your decision to purchase and keep this TV for a reason. Either you really know and love what this TV can and does do vs. the competition or you're projecting your frustration and consider most Visio units second rate. I understand "once bitten twice shy" and easy for me to say with a most stellar XVT 553.....but c'mon--you just drew a bad panel out of millions.

Front 2 - As I, many here, and untold others have had great success with our Vizio XVT units living up to if not exceeding all reviews and expectations; (again what one could only discern as your wildest dream) why for all that's holy in the name of simple logic would you not have it repaired or replaced with another XVT and revel in all it's well documented glory?

I'm completely on your side and understand the rants but very I'm puzzled with your wrestled befuddlement of what to do next.

For me the sans hassle/most logical route would be to document the problem with a Visio service call and have them repair or replace this "one" bad egg of a TV. If and then it's still not up to your standards or expectations....you get refunded and can go shopping again.

In any event, if you truly feel that your research and initial decision on this set was too quick and/or seconded guessed to meet your needs and there are better buck bang TVs out there... then by all means look elsewhere.

Best luck and thanks for all the info.

I dont think anyone in this thread has second Vizio is second rate set. I think alot of people think that. I know you were responding to RX7 but since im in the same boat, i take a stab at your post.

Quote:

Front 2 - As I, many here, and untold others have had great success with our Vizio XVT units living up to if not exceeding all reviews and expectations; (again what one could only discern as your wildest dream) why for all that's holy in the name of simple logic would you not have it repaired or replaced with another XVT and revel in all it's well documented glory?

Why have a unit repaired when its brand new? Most people will not want to do that. I think the expectation is that it works fine out of the box. As tech consumers we know that is not the case all the time. If I have a problem and its a new purchase its going back and I'm getting a new one or an alternative. There is no reason to have a tech jacking around in a new set. I have personally called Vizio and documented the problem, they offered to have it repaired but again see my previous notes on how I feel about this. I'm sure I am not the only one in that boat. I also posted a message on their facebook wall linking back to this issue but never got a response.

Quote:

I understand "once bitten twice shy" and easy for me to say with a most stellar XVT 553.....but c'mon--you just drew a bad panel out of millions.

I understand this and I had a new unit ordered from Sam's to replace my "faulty" unit. Well the new unit has the same issues. Albiet to a differant degree then the first one but it still exists. If it is truly "one bad panel out of millions" then what are the odds of me getting another "faulty" tv? I quoted faulty because I think alot of people dont percieve this issue to be considered faulty regardless of us posting images showing how bad it is. People keep posting "I cant believe you guys are complaing about such a small issue" or "but this set has such a great image on everything else" or "its only the credits i can see it" etc... etc... etc... I personally think they switched panels or something of that nature. I cant think that the cnet and other reviewers wouldnt of noticed this issue. It would explain for the most part why earlier posts in this thread dont really mention any blooming issues. Again I think it all comes down to the content you watch and whether you can manage with the issue. I watch alot of horror movies and movies with dark scenes, its embarrasing to have people over and make comments on your brand new tv that it looks like there is "smoke" on peoples faces. The biggest thing that confuses me is WHY doesnt it happen all the time. By now I've watched the issues enough to know what type of scenes are going to exhibit this problem. But every once in a while it suprises me with a dark scene that doesnt happen at all. That makes me think its something with the firmware or processing of how they manage the zones. All in all I love the quality of the set - the dark scenes, unfortanutely I watch enough of them to notice it too much.

In regards to someones response to my choice of the G25 and rising black levels. That is valid, and that might not be the best set for me either. Its a tough call cause they all have their issues. My TV stays on damn near 24 hours a day so Plasma burn in and rising blacks are a concern. I havent actually pulled the trigger on another one yet, and Im not dead set on a plasma either. I just want one that works as I expect it to. Sorry for the ramble...
cschang's Avatar cschang
11:47 AM Liked: 82
post #3083 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 14,783
joshman and RX7_dude

Although I am one of the XVT553 owners that don't have the problems you two are experiencing, I am interested in the paths you two are taking.

Have you two actually seen a XVT553 in good working order...or to your liking?

What do you two want to happen? What are your next steps?
shvederick's Avatar shvederick
12:16 PM Liked: 10
post #3084 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 23
Quote:

This pic is taken with my digital camera,you may see blooming thought the eye of the camera, but my VIZIO XVT473SV shows no signs of blooming at all. The pic is not an accurate image of what you really see at the start-up screen.
12:25 PM Liked: 10
post #3085 of 4753
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

joshman and RX7_dude

Although I am one of the XVT553 owners that don't have the problems you two are experiencing, I am interested in the paths you two are taking.

Have you two actually seen a XVT553 in good working order...or to your liking?

What do you two want to happen? What are your next steps?

I have not yet seen one that did not have the problems that we have described and I have seen 3 of them now. My old one, my father in law's, and my new one. You can probably imagine now why I have such skeptisism that any of them are good. But I do believe there are some of you guys that have a working units that does not display the problems.

I would love to have a working unit, as I have said numerous times, and I have found looking for a replacment: This is one of the nicest pics you can find in any TV. I have spent hours at Best Buy, Frys, Sams, Costco just staring at TV's and the pic on this tv is really that good. As far as next steps, I have two choices return again and hope for the best. This would be easier if any local stores actually carried them anymore. Or get another brand. I havent decided on which yet if anything.
htpw16's Avatar htpw16
12:25 PM Liked: 10
post #3086 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonmandts View Post

Can we get a list of movies and chapters/scenes within that movie where *Blooming* rears its ugly head? Assuming most owners are using the same settings, it could be a convenient way to pop a movie in and test a new set or an exchanged unit to see if 1 is better than another.

The first time I noticed blooming was when I watched How To Train Your Dragon. The opening night scene had a lot of blooming.
12:35 PM Liked: 10
post #3087 of 4753
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpw16 View Post

The first time I noticed blooming was when I watched How To Train Your Dragon. The opening night scene had a lot of blooming.

There have been a few threads with suggestions of scenes to try. One of the easiest would be to use Netflix and look for the movie suggested earlier in the thread. I cant remember what movie it was off the top of my head but going back a few pages you could find it. Its a clint eastwood movie where he and some chick are hanging around a campfire that shows it.

I wish the USB ports could play videos. If they could I would be tempted to create a video file of a black background with differant colored boxes moving around. Im curious on what the effects would be. As I mentioned its odd that it shows itself in certain scenes where there is skin tones, yet other scenes it doesnt. If that could happen I could up load the file and others could do that same.

If anyone is interested I could try posting on their Facebook wall again and maybe some others could jump on the bandwagon linking to this thread to get their attention. It would be nice to talk to someone in the know on this issue.
01:27 PM Liked: 10
post #3088 of 4753
Quote:
Originally Posted by shvederick View Post

This pic is taken with my digital camera,you may see blooming thought the eye of the camera, but my VIZIO XVT473SV shows no signs of blooming at all. The pic is not an accurate image of what you really see at the start-up screen.

If I remember correctly the 47 has either more zones or the same amount but in a smaller area then the 55. As blooming obviously has to do with zones dimming. I would suspect it would be less of an issue if the zones were smaller. IE if we had twice as many zones on the current 55's I'd suspect the blooming would be even less present.
cschang's Avatar cschang
02:12 PM Liked: 82
post #3089 of 4753
01-12-2011 | Posts: 14,783
Quote:

I have not yet seen one that did not have the problems that we have described and I have seen 3 of them now. My old one, my father in law's, and my new one. You can probably imagine now why I have such skeptisism that any of them are good. But I do believe there are some of you guys that have a working units that does not display the problems.

I would love to have a working unit, as I have said numerous times, and I have found looking for a replacment: This is one of the nicest pics you can find in any TV. I have spent hours at Best Buy, Frys, Sams, Costco just staring at TV's and the pic on this tv is really that good. As far as next steps, I have two choices return again and hope for the best. This would be easier if any local stores actually carried them anymore. Or get another brand. I havent decided on which yet if anything.

So this is where I get confused...

To you, is it a great picture or isn't it? What is the skepticism about? Do the problems you see prevent it from being a "one of the nicest pics"?

Just like with hearing where some people are sensitive to certain frequencies, is it possible that you are more sensitive to certain light output?
02:38 PM Liked: 10
post #3090 of 4753
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

So this is where I get confused...

To you, is it a great picture or isn't it? What is the skepticism about? Do the problems you see prevent it from being a "one of the nicest pics"?

Just like with hearing where some people are sensitive to certain frequencies, is it possible that you are more sensitive to certain light output?

Sorry I should of worded it differantly but I have said this in a few posts, the pic is fantastic except for the blooming in low light scenes. It still is "one of the nicest pics" as long as you dont get into low light high contrast video. Thats where you run into the problem. Not everyone watches a ton of horror films or even video with alot of dark scenes so maybe it would not be an issue if I was just watching cable tv or comedy's.

Quote:

The skeptecism was about someones previous post about getting that "one bad unit out of millions", If that was truly the case what are the odds my replacment is bad as well? Look at the pics I posted in the earlier in this thread... Do you see the blooming? If so I suspect we have the same sensitivity.

My gut feeling is that early adopters like reviewers, some on this thread got better panels then some of us just buying now. I have nothing to back that up other then looking back at reviews and earlier posts in this thread. I wish we had some manufacturer dates to throw around so we could tell if this was the case. Now there are some that have stated in this thread that theirs is new and they dont see blooming, maybe they got some from an older batch. Manufactures have been known to switch out panels from time to time, could this be the case why some are seeing the issue and others are not? I dunno just a thought.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Subscribe to this Thread