Originally Posted by Tom the Piddler Thanks for y'alls help. Will post if and when VIZIO responds. :-)
Subject, Model Number: XVT553SV
Case Number: XXXXXXX
Serial Numbers: XXXXXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXXXXXX
For others and my own information, would you please address the following discrepancies and/or errors in your specifications in both the Manual and Website for your Model XVT553SV:
1) Energy Star 4 rated: VIZIO's website and the manual's info reads 225 watts, but Energy Star 4 Calculations indicate 178 max for this size screen (1,276 sq in) in order to be Energy Star 4 Rated? I believe the same question can be asked of the XVT473SV and XVT423SV.
2) The bolt size for mounting this unit: Manual & Website - M8 x 16 mm x 0.7 mm pitch. After visiting 2 different hardware stores, the actual pitch turns out to be 1.25 mm. It is hot here where I live, and this made it a little hotter! And what torque value should these bolts be tightened to? Chat.Vizio Tech did not find the correct size.
3) Lamp life on the website now reads 50,000 hours? This was changed from 30,000 hours, on about 7/18/10, after I had called and asked about this as compared to the 552 at 40,000 hours. website note - the 473 and the 423 still show 30,000 hours. The Manual reads 30,000 hours for each unit.
4) Speakers in watts: Website - 15, Manual - 10. Same for the 473 and 423. Since we will be dependent on the built in sound system, by the way they sound very good, it will be nice to know what I really have!
Watts are relative, the things that really matter about the speakers are the frequency response of the speakers, and the SPL (Sound pressure level) they can manage. We would like to know this info and the type of speakers that are in these units.
5) USB Ports x 3: Shipping box reads JPEG, Website - (is silent), Manual - Reserved for future functions; Service port for use by a professional service technician. What is correct? If the manual is correct, when will they be functioning?
6) Website: Signal Compatibility: No 1080P, but 1080P is listed in Display Compatibility. Does this mean that 1080P is generated by the TV CPU and not through signals to the TV? The Manual does not address this, just shows it in Features?
7) Manual: HDMI 1.4 (ARC), Insta Port. There are 5 HDMI ports. Are all five 1.4? Are these ports backwards compatible?
8) Weight of the unit: Website; with stand - 77.16 lbs, without - 76.06 lbs. Manual; 55.18 lbs with stand, 51.7 lbs without stand. Gross is the same at both locations at 96.12 lbs.
9) Registration Website does not have this model listed, so I have not been able to register these units through your website.
10) Chat.Vizio Tech does not have this model listed either. Causes confusion for your Tech Support and frustration to us.
11) We really like these TV's.
12) BUT: We "pre-ordered" these units from Amazon.com on 07/24/10 thinking we would have resolved these issues before Amazon.com had them in for shipping, late August. But much to our surprise, the units shipped on 07/27/10 and arrived on 08/03/10. It is not to late for us to return them to Amazon.com for a full refund.
We feel most of the above discrepancies and/or errors are typo's, but in order to make sound buying decisions, we must put TRUST in what the manufacture, VIZIO, says their products has and does.
It is not just the big things, the little things can also destroy a good relationship.
Thanks in advance,
p.s.: will the XVT3SV series support BlueTooth Stereo Headphones?