Official Vizio XVT3SV Series NO PRICE or Coupon talk - Page 158 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4711 of 4753 Old 02-18-2012, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The firmware on mine went back to 6 when the board was changed but the frame rate problem was still there. The YouTube and Skype apps were also still there; previously they didn't show up until the new firmware was downloaded so I don't know if there's another place in the TV where this stuff stays. The next day the current firmware updated onto it anyways.

I've found several movies that will usually trigger the bad frame rate (mentioned them on the other thread, which I started because I hoped it would get more attention for this problem but that doesn't seem to have happened.) The worst I've seen is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on HD-DVD, but I also have that movie on Blu-Ray and regular DVD and those versions do not trigger the problem at least not at the same parts as the HD-DVD. Problems could also depend on the player being used. Laserdiscs also seem to give it trouble, at least when upconverted through HDMI. The material also has to be shot on film, I haven't seen anything shot on video cause the problem. Again, you can tell that it isn't supposed to look like this because if you pause it for a second then start it again, the frame rate goes back to normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4712 of 4753 Old 02-25-2012, 11:29 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by balpers View Post

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on an XVT553SV. I figure it I'm going to do it, I'd better do it before the model disappears.

As you know, this unit is about a year old.

The down side is that it won't have the latest, greatest technology. (If the set is as good as the reviews, I can live with that.)

The up side is that it won't have the latest, greatest technology. (By this time most of the major problems should be known.)

Here's my question to those of you who already own this set:

Knowing what you know now, would you buy this set again?

If not, why?

If not, what would you buy?

Thanks,

Burt

I originally posted the above, thinking it would bring those who were dissatisfied out of the woodwork. It doesn't seem to have worked that way.

Here's the score.

Would definitely buy again: 9 responses
Would not buy again: 1 response
Depends on other factors: 1

Maybe the dissatisfied folk left the thread, but the feedback from those of you who are left seems pretty consistent.

It's time for me to Bite the Bullet, Pull the Trigger, and Mix My Metaphors.

I'm off to Amazon.

Thank you to all of you who responded.

Burt

The Consultant's Creed:
I can do it right.
I can do it cheap.
I can do it fast.
You get to choose any two.
post #4713 of 4753 Old 02-26-2012, 06:54 AM

Liked: 10
I have a xvt473sv that has started giving me problems. Before the last update the TV worked flawlessly, I am now having motion stop for a few seconds at a time, random reboots, and chopped video on some channels. I have talked with Vizio (they of course acted like I was the first to ever report a problem), they had me do a reset that has helped nothing. I'm not going to deal with them any more and have decided to return the TV.
I WILL NOT buy the same model even though the picture is amazing, and I WILL NOT recommend it to anyone else. I have had the TV six months and should not be having problems with it. I still have more research to do on the newer Vizio's to see if any problems have been fixed, but I doubt I will buy any other models now.
post #4714 of 4753 Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerbum View Post

Is there anyway to configure the router to block the Vizio from downloading new FW and still be able to use the apps. Right now I'm still with the previous FW and have my TV disconnected from the Internet.

After extensive research on my google machine, I'm confident that the updates come from the following IP addresses:

www.updatelogic.com - Vizio signed a multi-year contract with them to provide the firmware updates automatically.

IP addresses related to updatelogic as per http://www.ip-adress.com/reverse_ip/www.updatelogic.com
mcqcorp.com
paylessselfstorage.com
www.trailerrental.com
stevidmusic.com
pcorchidsinc.com
jzracecolor.com
streetsafeus.com
www.weberalumni.com
www.marymullins.com
www.schaedlerrodel.com

See: http://76.254.74.102/VIA%20Training.pdf for more info.

In addition to the IP addresses above, I'm going to block on my router:
www.amtran.com.tw
www.vizio.com
mx.vizio.com
ca.vizio.com
www.vinc.com

http://76.254.74.102 has more info on older vizio tv models... click around and take a look see.

Fingers crossed.
post #4715 of 4753 Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 PM

Hey all - been browsing this section; have the Xvt553Sv and only thing I have wondered about: backlight setting; some have it at 20, some 40 - to me, my tv looks good around 75

I've noticed the color settings are all pretty similar to each other, but that backlight option is all over the place. What causes that? I am a total noob, so keep that in mind!

Thanks
post #4716 of 4753 Old 03-02-2012, 04:44 AM

Hey guys, I bought my XVT473SV just over a year ago, and havent really had any problems to speak of yet thanks to everyone in this thread. I was able to answer the majority of the questions that I came up with from all of you. For that, Thanks!

I have loved this TV since the beginning. But I have developed a small problem with the Pandora app, and I think it started with my most recent firmware update. I do not have the number of the update, but it was within the last 2 weeks.

My problem: When I stream Pandora, everything is great, until I go to exit the app. After about 10 seconds of the app being closed, and the cable TV picture coming back on, the screen goes black, and the music from Pandora starts to play again. No matter how many times I exit the app, I get the same result. The cable picture will come back, and about 10 seconds later, the screen goes to black, and the music from Pandora starts back up again.

The only way I can get Pandora to stop is to turn the TV off, wait for a couple minutes, then try to turn the TV back on.

I have not tried to contact Vizio yet, as I thought I would ask here first to see if anyone else has been having this problem recently.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!
post #4717 of 4753 Old 03-02-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrime View Post

My problem: When I stream Pandora, everything is great, until I go to exit the app. After about 10 seconds of the app being closed, and the cable TV picture coming back on, the screen goes black, and the music from Pandora starts to play again. No matter how many times I exit the app, I get the same result. The cable picture will come back, and about 10 seconds later, the screen goes to black, and the music from Pandora starts back up again.

The only way I can get Pandora to stop is to turn the TV off, wait for a couple minutes, then try to turn the TV back on.

I have not tried to contact Vizio yet, as I thought I would ask here first to see if anyone else has been having this problem recently.

Some of us discussed this Pandora issue a few pages back. As best I can tell, Vizio thinks it's a "feature". I suggest contacting support to express your frustration so that they are under more pressure to fix it or at least revert to a previous version of the app.

I am still unaware of any documentation from Vizio that explains what exactly they updated in the most recent firmware, though the Pandora issue seems minor compared to some who have had significant video issues since the update.
post #4718 of 4753 Old 03-02-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrime View Post

Hey guys, I bought my XVT473SV just over a year ago, and havent really had any problems to speak of yet thanks to everyone in this thread. I was able to answer the majority of the questions that I came up with from all of you. For that, Thanks!

I have loved this TV since the beginning. But I have developed a small problem with the Pandora app, and I think it started with my most recent firmware update. I do not have the number of the update, but it was within the last 2 weeks.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=4636
post #4719 of 4753 Old 03-03-2012, 05:59 AM

Interesting, thanks guys. I must have missed it. If it continues, I will be contacting Vizio.

I will try it today and see what happens and report back.

Thanks!
post #4720 of 4753 Old 03-05-2012, 04:28 AM

I did this: "When exiting Pandora, press the Stop button on the VIZIO remote. Once that is done, press the red button on the VIZIO remote to exit the app.

And it worked perfectly!!
post #4721 of 4753 Old 04-05-2012, 02:10 PM

My Vizio 553 had outstanding picture for about 13 months but suddenly developed severe blooming. Fortunately I bought it at Costco and am now working on getting repair/replacement through Costco's extended warranty which was included with the original price. If you get a good set, then this 553 is outstanding but if not - you will be very disappointed. The blooming is extreme!
post #4722 of 4753 Old 04-19-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasmallen View Post

Movie Mode
Backlight 20
Brightness 52
Contrast 50
Color 46
Tint 0
Sharp 5

Color Temp "Normal"

Red Gain 114
Green "" 111
Blue "" 100

Red Offset 128
Green "" 128
Blue "" 113

Advanced Picture:

Everything off except "Film Mode" set to Auto and "Smart Dimming" on.

I tried this and it seemed way too dark. I changed the backlight to 50 and it looks better to me...might not be accurate, but def looks better than 20
post #4723 of 4753 Old 04-22-2012, 12:22 PM

Liked: 11
It's somewhat subjective and depends on ambient room light. If it looks "natural" to you, it's good to go.

Larry
post #4724 of 4753 Old 04-27-2012, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattS71 View Post

Hey all - been browsing this section; have the Xvt553Sv and only thing I have wondered about: backlight setting; some have it at 20, some 40 - to me, my tv looks good around 75

I've noticed the color settings are all pretty similar to each other, but that backlight option is all over the place. What causes that? I am a total noob, so keep that in mind!

Thanks

It might be due to the fact that the backlight setting is the setting that has the least effect on every other setting. What I mean by that is that it is the only setting that will allow brightness, contrast, gamma, tint-hue, chroma, etc track without changing much. Every other setting can take you way off track in a hurry if adjusted improperly.

It may also be that it is somewhat duplicative of brightness and contrast. IOW, you can set B&C to the bright side and attenuate that somewhat with the BL, or set B&C to the dark side and lift it back up somewhat with the BL. The differences are then somewhat subtle.

It is also non-intuitive; its difficult to make adjustments to it that can be easily judged too high or too low, partly because it is subtle, and partly because other settings can offset it. There do not seem to be any particular instructions either expert or colloquial on how to set the BL.

I think it also depends on the environment. A low BL setting might be acceptable in a dark home theatre, while not acceptable in a family room with lots of ambient light.

But in my experience, I think it is good to try various backlight settings and then adjust the other settings to compensate, and see what you like best. At some point, having the BL too low and the B&C too high may cause the other settings to crush or go non-linear, and likewise setting it too high may do the same thing. In fact, I think there might be a point where setting the BL too high or too low may put the BL response itself into a non-linear state. Typically that is not a good thing, but it can be used to creatively set a knee on a gamma curve, if crudely.

The other thing to consider is energy efficiency. While I would never compromise PQ by having the BL too low, I try to use the lowest setting that is acceptable, because the BL is the primary controllable element in energy efficiency for a LCD or LED TV.

I set mine at 10-13. I think there is a natural human tendency to equate brighter with better, immediately without thinking, the same way speaker manufacturers used to tweak efficiency because in listening tests louder sounds better, at least at first. And that is your first natural instinct, that raising the overall image brightness seems, just at first, an improvement over a lower brightness level, and that lowering the brightness seems, just at first, a detriment to PQ. A similar thing happens with chroma levels; turning that up seems proper at the moment you first do that, and turning that down seems to be counter to what looks best at the moment that you first do that, but living with it for a moment reveals that a lower chroma level might also be more realistic than what most folks normally set their TVs to, and what they have grown used to.

That original tendency to overdo color and brightness is a human-nature rush to judgement based on first instinct, and is exactly the quality of human perception that has lead to "torch" mode on the showroom floor. And "acquired taste" is what separates us from the primates; we have the ability to judge critically based on more than just first blush. Our "reptile" brain probably lights up at a bright, colorful, ridiculously-unrealistic image, but the prefrontal cortex and exclusive higher human brain functions physically wrapped around our reptile brainstem can override that instinct by eventually appreciating color and brightness levels that are more like real life, if only given half a chance.

Here's a little experiment: Rise above, evolve beyond the first-instinct tendency. Ignore that first subconscious gut-instinct that whispers to you that less color or brightness is not as good as more color or brightness. If you are patient and take just a moment to savor a lower brightness level, it quickly begins to appear more realistic than a brighter level might. It just takes a moment to get accustomed to. It is a learned behavior instead of a reactive behavior, and that leads to better judgment and overall better PQ, IMHO. Then, savor just how much smarter we humans are than what we evolved from. The real bonus in all of that is that your TV will then not look like it was calibrated by a chimpanzee.

The good thing is that smart dimming still works with the BL down all the way, so "down all the way" is not really "off", just the lowest setting available (you can still see the BL through the vent holes in the back).

So the short advice is "pick what works best for you". I don't think there is a "wrong" setting for BL.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
post #4725 of 4753 Old 04-27-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCat View Post

It might be due to the fact that the backlight setting is the setting that has the least effect on every other setting. What I mean by that is that it is the only setting that will allow brightness, contrast, gamma, tint-hue, chroma, etc track without changing much. Every other setting can take you way off track in a hurry if adjusted improperly.

It may also be that it is somewhat duplicative of brightness and contrast. IOW, you can set B&C to the bright side and attenuate that somewhat with the BL, or set B&C to the dark side and lift it back up somewhat with the BL. The differences are then somewhat subtle.

It is also non-intuitive; its difficult to make adjustments to it that can be easily judged too high or too low, partly because it is subtle, and partly because other settings can offset it. There do not seem to be any particular instructions either expert or colloquial on how to set the BL.

I think it also depends on the environment. A low BL setting might be acceptable in a dark home theatre, while not acceptable in a family room with lots of ambient light.

But in my experience, I think it is good to try various backlight settings and then adjust the other settings to compensate, and see what you like best. At some point, having the BL too low and the B&C too high may cause the other settings to crush or go non-linear, and likewise setting it too high may do the same thing. In fact, I think there might be a point where setting the BL too high or too low may put the BL response itself into a non-linear state. Typically that is not a good thing, but it can be used to creatively set a knee on a gamma curve, if crudely.

The other thing to consider is energy efficiency. While I would never compromise PQ by having the BL too low, I try to use the lowest setting that is acceptable, because the BL is the primary controllable element in energy efficiency for a LCD or LED TV.

I set mine at 10-13. I think there is a natural human tendency to equate brighter with better, immediately without thinking, the same way speaker manufacturers used to tweak efficiency because in listening tests louder sounds better, at least at first. And that is your first natural instinct, that raising the overall image brightness seems, just at first, an improvement over a lower brightness level, and that lowering the brightness seems, just at first, a detriment to PQ. A similar thing happens with chroma levels; turning that up seems proper at the moment you first do that, and turning that down seems to be counter to what looks best at the moment that you first do that, but living with it for a moment reveals that a lower chroma level might also be more realistic than what most folks normally set their TVs to, and what they have grown used to.

That original tendency to overdo color and brightness is a human-nature rush to judgement based on first instinct, and is exactly the quality of human perception that has lead to "torch" mode on the showroom floor. And "acquired taste" is what separates us from the primates; we have the ability to judge critically based on more than just first blush. Our "reptile" brain probably lights up at a bright, colorful, ridiculously-unrealistic image, but the prefrontal cortex and exclusive higher human brain functions physically wrapped around our reptile brainstem can override that instinct by eventually appreciating color and brightness levels that are more like real life, if only given half a chance.

Here's a little experiment: Rise above, evolve beyond the first-instinct tendency. Ignore that first subconscious gut-instinct that whispers to you that less color or brightness is not as good as more color or brightness. If you are patient and take just a moment to savor a lower brightness level, it quickly begins to appear more realistic than a brighter level might. It just takes a moment to get accustomed to. It is a learned behavior instead of a reactive behavior, and that leads to better judgment and overall better PQ, IMHO. Then, savor just how much smarter we humans are than what we evolved from. The real bonus in all of that is that your TV will then not look like it was calibrated by a chimpanzee.

The good thing is that smart dimming still works with the BL down all the way, so "down all the way" is not really "off", just the lowest setting available (you can still see the BL through the vent holes in the back).

So the short advice is "pick what works best for you". I don't think there is a "wrong" setting for BL.

I'd just like to second TomCat's advice. I picked up an XVT553SV about two months ago.

Initially I was very confused about the backlight setting. I started with the CNET settings. The relevant ones were:

Backlight: 13
Brightness: 51
Contrast: 53
Color: 47

They didn't seem right to me. I wanted more punch. So I goosed the backlight up to about 65. Seemed satisfying for a while. Then I read something (forget where) about backlight being set low in a dark environment like mine. I decided to experiment.

To cut to the chase, over the last few weeks, I have been steadily backing things off. It seems that my eyes are getting trained to look for "natural" rather than "wow."

I have now settled down to:

Backlight: 13
Brightness: 51
Contrast: 53
Color: 42

The picture is warm and wonderful, and, to my eyes, natural. I've had no desire to make further modifications over the last two weeks.

I guess the moral is to take plenty of time and let your eyes tell you what to do. I think my experience is consistent with TomCat's advice. Just thought I would pass it along.

Cheers,

Burt

The Consultant's Creed:
I can do it right.
I can do it cheap.
I can do it fast.
post #4726 of 4753 Old 04-27-2012, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 241
I think this is a good example of the fact that taking someone else's settings doesn't always work, even if you have the same model. Using another's settings is a good way to start, but you have to keep in mind that your environmental settings are different from someone else's. You're always best to use a calibration disk to at least set the basics ( contrast, brightness, aspect, sharpness) which can make a big difference even without meters and software. The use of a bias light can also help considerably. However, the bottom line is whatever looks best to you is best.
post #4727 of 4753 Old 04-28-2012, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpers View Post

I'd just like to second TomCat's advice...I guess the moral is to take plenty of time and let your eyes tell you what to do. I think my experience is consistent with TomCat's advice. Just thought I would pass it along.

Cheers,

Burt

Thanks, Burt; glad this is working for you. I didn't mean to get all that esoteric, but there really is a large psychological component in making these adjustments to our TV settings, and the overall thing I find really fascinating is how human perception and behavior works, and how we can use our noggins to override what are the basic instincts, to get a better result.

They say taste changes as you get older (and I literally am referring to actual "taste"). Coffee, escargot, and a lot of other things we could mention all taste pretty yucky to an 8-year-old, universally without fail. But 8-year-olds have not really developed all of their higher brain functions, and are much less likely to approach decisions with human care than they are to give in to basic instincts. If they had their way, all they would ever eat would be pizza, skittles, and ice cream. Only children would eat an entire bag of Halloween candy at once. Adults, who have more fully-formed brains, know better than to attempt that.

So I don't think it is really the physical taste that changes as much as it is the ability to look at things with a more sophisticated view. We all would like to have pizza, skittles, and ice cream too, but we know we would tire of that limited spectrum. And if we take the time to judge with our adult, fully-formed brains, calamari actually starts to taste pretty good.

That stuff about "reptile brain" is really true; we are not that far from acting like reptiles because our nervous system architecture contains all of that same infrastructure, just beneath the surface of our higher brain structure. You only have to look as far as the Trayvon Martin incident, parents going ballistic at little league games, and Alec Baldwin on the tarmac to see how primitive behavior is the first instinct, and how it is difficult to override.

Everything connects through the reptile brain first, and only if we act using the rest of our brains to override that, can we act civilized. But the evolved brain is not really in the path of those neurons firing instinctively; it is external to the path and can only modulate behavior by exerting an outside influence. If things go the way they should, this works for civilized humans most of the time.

IOW, we have to make the effort. That's what evolution is all about; better learned behavior prevailing over primitive instinctual behavior precisely because of our efforts, to the point where the better behavior eventually becomes instinctual and second nature, which betters the race.

All of that also applies to how to adjust your TV set, surprisingly enough. Our first natural reptile-brain instinct is to respond positively to light and to color (for those not limited to monochromatic retinas) so we instinctively feel that more of each is better. But more is not better, more is just brighter and more colorful. So we need to ignore that first instinct and apply a more-sophisticated eye to what we are adjusting. And that takes the same sort of discipline that keeps us from eating that entire bag of Halloween candy.

Bottom line, adjusting your TV has natural obstacles that run counter to what works best, and some of those obstacles are due to our first instincts about color and brightness. Once you realize all of that, it is easy to rise above those obstacles by ignoring their subconscious influences.

(Sorry if I went OT a little bit there)

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
post #4728 of 4753 Old 05-09-2012, 07:22 PM

Has anyone had the picture freeze and the audio continue? This happens 2-4 times per week to my xvt553sv. Any help would be great.

Thanks
emd68
post #4729 of 4753 Old 05-10-2012, 07:18 PM

I have had this problem a few times but not as frequent as you. I find my TV has been working much better since the last firmware update in late December.
post #4730 of 4753 Old 05-16-2012, 05:58 PM

Just bought a used 42-inch version (XVT423SV) of this on Ebay. With total cost, plus 2 years square-trade warranty, I definitely got a great deal (removed price, as I see that it can't be discussed on here). Only concern is that there are a few scratches on the bezel, on the top left. Does anyone know what products/materials are best to try to remove them/smooth them out? Here's a link to it (I'm also hoping that the lighting is making the scratches look more apparent than they actually are):

http://postimage.org/image/s3ry73tw3/
post #4731 of 4753 Old 05-17-2012, 11:59 AM

has anyone found a good way to clean these screens that won't or doesn't leave residue all over?

I've never experience FULL audio until now. I never knew what I was missing. WOW what a difference.
post #4732 of 4753 Old 05-23-2012, 12:12 AM

Just bought this model direct from Vizio. Not sure I understand some of the specs as advertised and referenced on the internet compared to the owner's manual. IE: Refresh rate is said to be 240 Hz, but the owner's manual states 120 Hz. Speaker output is said to be 2 X 15 Watts, but the manual states 2 X 10 Watts. Not real important issues to some folks, but I am curious.
post #4733 of 4753 Old 07-06-2012, 05:07 PM

How do you disable internet connectivity on the Vizio XVT553SV?
post #4734 of 4753 Old 07-10-2012, 07:04 AM

Anyone know if there's a way to tell if there's ever going to be another firmware update for this set? I asked Vizio if the set has reached EOL (end of life) and the guy just said that there will always be firmware updates. Which obviously isn't true because they won't be updating the firmware forever.
post #4735 of 4753 Old 07-17-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Estoppel View Post

How do you disable internet connectivity on the Vizio XVT553SV?

dont connect it to a wired or wireless network.
post #4736 of 4753 Old 08-26-2012, 02:34 AM

Anyone able to get DD 5.1 on Netflix using optical out? I get 5.1 through my PS3 and through Cable TV, just not Netflix. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
Thanx
post #4737 of 4753 Old 09-02-2012, 01:33 PM

I asked the question some time ago since VUDU gave me digital audio but not Netflix. I don't remeber the specifics but the short answer is no. I think only PS3 and Apple TV process DD5.1 on Netflix.

Larry
post #4738 of 4753 Old 09-21-2012, 10:27 PM

I had to re-do my network after my router gave up the ghost. I accidentally set up my XVT553SV as a wifi device, forgetting that I had already connected an ethernet cable. I can't see any way to cancel the wifi connection so that I can use the cable. Is there a way to do this without doing a full factory reset?

Thanks,

Burt

The Consultant's Creed:
I can do it right.
I can do it cheap.
I can do it fast.
post #4739 of 4753 Old 09-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpers View Post

I had to re-do my network after my router gave up the ghost. I accidentally set up my XVT553SV as a wifi device, forgetting that I had already connected an ethernet cable. I can't see any way to cancel the wifi connection so that I can use the cable. Is there a way to do this without doing a full factory reset?
Thanks,
Burt

I've got the XVT373SV, but I don't see any option to switch between wired and wireless. However, mine is only setup for wired. If you have both defined, I would expect it to give you an option to choose which one to use. If not, I would expect it to automatically choose the best connection which would normally be the wired connection. If the TV doesn't allow you to change the connection, I think Guided Setup would probably be your best option. You might have to scan for channels again, but I don't think it would mess up your picture settings and stuff.

The following might be worth a shot:
1. Unplug or turn off the TV
2. Disconnect the ethernet from the TV
3. Turn off the router or block the wireless mac address for the TV
4. Turn on the TV
5. If the TV can't connect via wireless, it might give you an option to delete that connection

Good luck!
post #4740 of 4753 Old 09-22-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick313 View Post

I've got the XVT373SV, but I don't see any option to switch between wired and wireless. However, mine is only setup for wired. If you have both defined, I would expect it to give you an option to choose which one to use. If not, I would expect it to automatically choose the best connection which would normally be the wired connection. If the TV doesn't allow you to change the connection, I think Guided Setup would probably be your best option. You might have to scan for channels again, but I don't think it would mess up your picture settings and stuff.
The following might be worth a shot:
1. Disconnect the ethernet from the TV
2. Unplug or turn off the TV
3. Turn off the router or block the wireless mac address for the TV
4. Turn on the TV
5. If the TV can't connect via wireless, it might give you an option to delete that connection
Good luck!

Thanks for the response. There is an option for a wired connection, but as soon as you establish a wifi connection, it is grayed out and inaccessible. I'll try the sequence you suggested and let you know what happens.

Burt

The Consultant's Creed:
I can do it right.
I can do it cheap.
I can do it fast.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page