Official Vizio XVT3SV Series NO PRICE or Coupon talk - Page 159 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4741 of 4753 Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have tried the many settings posted in previous pages. However, I have an issue with dark scenes that appears to be blotchy during movies as well as live TV. Any ideas to fix this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

mrcdsouza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4742 of 4753 Old 10-01-2012, 11:55 PM

I recently purchased the 553 model and have it connected to the internet via wireless router. Does anyone know how I can get to a browser window so I can enter a music website I currently subscribe to? I am wondering if I need to purchase the Vizio Co-Star or similar add-on. Not even sure that will get me what I need. Thanks for any help.
post #4743 of 4753 Old 10-02-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill's Dog View Post

I recently purchased the 553 model and have it connected to the internet via wireless router. Does anyone know how I can get to a browser window so I can enter a music website I currently subscribe to? I am wondering if I need to purchase the Vizio Co-Star or similar add-on. Not even sure that will get me what I need. Thanks for any help.

Far as I know there is no browser built into any of the Vizio XVT3SV Series sets. I have 3 different models of the XVT3SV Series and none of them have a browser.
From what I see on the Vizio site the Vizio Co-Star has a web browser.
post #4744 of 4753 Old 10-02-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shvederick View Post

Far as I know there is no browser built into any of the Vizio XVT3SV Series sets. I have 3 different models of the XVT3SV Series and none of them have a browser.
From what I see on the Vizio site the Vizio Co-Star has a web browser.

Thank you for your input. I think I need to go to a local retailer to check out the Co-Star or equivalent. I guess I was hoping that maybe a future software app. upgrade might include a browser. But then, I suppose there wouldn't be much demand for the Co-Star.
post #4745 of 4753 Old 12-30-2012, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I apologize for necro'ing an old thread, but this seems to be the best place to ask this. After exhaustive searching, I've not been able to determine if the HDMI inputs on these TV's (I have an XVT553SV) support the full range RGB 0-255 or only limited 16-235, or if there is a way to change it. Does anybody have any information on this?
Thank you in advance.
post #4746 of 4753 Old 12-31-2012, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It supports both as far as I know. The only way I know to change between the two is with whatever device you're using to play the media. For example I can select either one with my PS3 and also when using my HTPC I can select either one via the settings of my video player software.
post #4747 of 4753 Old 03-31-2013, 05:24 PM

Liked: 12
I wish I had the technical chops to explain in a phrase what I am experiencing on my XVT553SV. Here's the best I can do.

Up until a month ago, we had no complaints about the picture quality. While we were watching we heard a pop in the set, followed by about 10 seconds of snow. The picture returned, but, since then it has seemed seriously degraded. Intermittently, the picture is washed out. It looks like an analog set on which the brightness control has been pushed too high. It is not as bad as SD, but not much better.

Some words to describe the picture:
Noisy.
Fuzzy.
Slightly out of focus.
Soft.
Washed out.

In addition, the other night we were watching red movie credits against a black background. The text was surrounded by pink cloud. (Is this what people mean when they talk about "blooming"?)

The set is almost exactly one month past Vizio warranty. However, it is also protected by a SquareTrade warranty.
  1. Should I call Vizio at this point or go right to SquareTrade?
  2. Are there any technical terms to describe what I am seeing so that customer service will understand what I am talking about?
  3. Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem?

TIA,

Burt

The Consultant's Creed:
I can do it right.
I can do it cheap.
I can do it fast.
You get to choose any two.
post #4748 of 4753 Old 03-31-2013, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Sounds like a capacitor or something blew if you heard a pop. I'd give Vizio a call just to see what they say. One month out of warranty and they may replace it with a new (probably refurb) set. Otherwise, SquareTrade is your best option depending on what the warranty covers. Good luck getting it fixed. Vizio doesn't seem to have a stellar reputation for repairing sets due to the quality of build.
post #4749 of 4753 Old 04-01-2013, 06:38 PM

Never had this problem. But I would call Vizio anyway first. The inside of that tv is made up of component modules. It may only require the replacement of a module as opposed to a whole set. I had an issue when I first bought my set with hdmi handshake. I called Vizio who was aware of the problem. They shipped a new board to a local tech who came to my house took apart the tv and replaced board in the set. Took about 45 minutes. They probably know what is wrong with the set based on your symptoms. Hopefully they will just do the same for you as they did for me. It seems it would be terrible customer service to not help you when only a month out of warranty. You still have the square trade warranty as back up. I would not mention the square trade warranty when talking to Vizio. They will probably want you to fax them a copy of your receipt. Good luck.
post #4750 of 4753 Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 PM

My 473SV went "dark" this week after two years of daily trouble free use. This week it suddenly just faded to a faintly lit grey screen with the sound still working. At that point nothing on the remote works except the power button. When the unit is powered on again it goes through the alternating orange/white light for a while and dimly lights the screen but the Vizio logo never appears and it ultimately just ends at the blank grey/black screen.

A few times the logo has appeared and last night the TV managed to boot up all the way and showed about 20 seconds of video before fading out again, still with sound.

Any known issues with this series or ideas? Searching around returns all kinds of possibilities...main board, inverter board, power supply board, capacitors, fuses, etc.

Out of warranty by a few months.

Thanks!
post #4751 of 4753 Old 05-31-2013, 10:08 AM

Liked: 11
Quick question re 5.1 surround sound for all my fellow XVTxx3SV owners:

Will I be able to get 5.1 surround sound with the Vizio VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar when using my TV as the only input into the soundbar? A bit more detail: I am running HDMI from my HTPC to the TV and want to know if, when playing 5.1 movies from my HTPC the soundbar will play 5.1 or stereo? Or will I need to run audio into the soundbar separately?
post #4752 of 4753 Old 12-28-2013, 09:10 PM

I just acquired a xvt3d474sv from my grandparents because they stepped up to a newer 55".  They never had wifi at their house, so the tv was never connected to the internet and the firmware was never updated.  Well, one of the first things I did was connect it to the internet and try out some of the apps.  It quickly wanted to update the firmware, so I let it...apparently that was a bad idea.  It stayed on the updating firmware screen for a while and then shut off and tried to reboot, but it will not reboot completely.  It will come on and show the vizio logo on the screen for about a minute and then shut off and try to reboot again.  Any suggestions?  I tried to unplugging the tv for a few hours and holding the power button down for a minute or so, but nothing seems to be working.

post #4753 of 4753 Old 12-30-2013, 08:05 AM

I am not in front of my tv so this is off of my memory. This may work but it is a guess on my part, if you have the vizio remote, try to get into the tv setting menu. Press the Vizio button to pull up the menu. Somewhere in there is a selection to reset the tv. That may help.

Worst case call Vizio customer service. They have helped people on this forum whose tv has had download issues and froze up.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page