Official Vizio XVT3SV Series NO PRICE or Coupon talk - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 4753 Old 09-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My local Sam's has the SV472XVT..........is this the same tv or a different model altogether?

May God Guide and Guard the USA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 4753 Old 09-17-2010, 06:03 PM

Wirechild73, its a conundrum. Your observation about off angle viewing is significant to me. I think the 55" 630 has the shinier Samsung screen, but for some reason the 46" has a matte screen. I'm looking for a 46" or 47". While the shiny screen may offer deeper blacks and more punch, I think I prefer the reduced glare that comes with matte screens.
post #993 of 4753 Old 09-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Anyone have anymore comments on how this works with gaming (PS3 or Xbox 360)? Thanks.
post #994 of 4753 Old 09-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnewt View Post

My local Sam's has the SV472XVT..........is this the same tv or a different model altogether?

That is last year's model. Great TV. Less local dimming zones that the SV473XVT, but very good picture. The price on those has remained pretty high considering the "next new thing" factor ( 2010 model ) is out in stores already.

Jeff
post #995 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
[quote=DCAC;19200504][quote=AC_BAMA;19199110]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAC View Post

Is it correct that the speakers are NOT removable? My 47" Gallevia even had removable speakers.

Major bummer. I have a suspicion not many of you are wall mounting this TV. Anyone who has, please let me know how it went.

I agree, my 52 GLV has the removable speakers and they sounded much better, the small sub built in did add some depth to the sound. Certainly no floor shaker but for casual viewing it sounded good.

All the mfgrs have moved away from the removable speakers. The panels look much nicer when mounted without them. The ones with the speakers built into the back or bottom, ie: Samsung, sound terrible even for watching the news. Vizio has one of the best sounding sets with built in speakers.

On my 55" I connected a powered sub to the sound out and turned the setting to variable and it really makes the set sound good. Doesn't replace home theater sound but great for casual viewing.
post #996 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 06:32 AM

If you are looking for this set take a look at costco...big price drop.
post #997 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 11:30 AM

A call to owners of the Vizio XVT3SV - RVR (Random Vizio Reboot)

Let me preface - the new Vizio XVT3SV 55" is a fantastic TV. Great blacks, color, and features (backlit LED & matte screen). Probably the best bang for the buck - period.

With that said...

Has anyone noticed while watching TV, the picture freeze - then the lighted Vizio logo turn yellow, then blink for several seconds, and then the Vizio Apps logo appear on screen, and finally, the picture return? (Looks like a "reboot" or, affectionately "'RVR" = Random Vizio Reboot)

The above has now happened on at least 3 random occasions since I purchased the TV about 30 days ago. Given the 3rd time - I realized this goes beyond a weird one-time anomaly.

It's a new set, just released, so I am putting this out there to see if 1) it's defective and I'm unlucky in the batch lottery, 2) others have noticed the same thing and we can track the issues, and 3) if a larger issue, work to get a resolution.

It starts with the first report...

[setup: Vizio (input 1 HDMI) -> (via HDMI) Onkyo -> (via HDMI) Direct TV]
post #998 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 11:38 AM

Trancethereal -

Same thing happened to me last night when I was starting a blu-ray on my ps3.

[setup: Vizio (input 1 HDMI) -> (via HDMI) PS3]

I have the 473 model.

I think I heard of this happening to another owner a couple weeks back in this thread.
post #999 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 12:44 PM

Liked: 11
My local Costco has it, but they sales guy there recommended against me bringing it home in my SUV as it would not fit vertical. I would have to lay the box horizontal in my SUV and he said that is risky. If I hit a bump, there's a higher risk of the screen cracking if I lay it horizontally. Is this true??
post #1000 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

A few days ago my TV may have done the reboot. I was in the kitchen and assumed it was just the cable box which does reset occasionally. I did notice the light change colors though.

XBL/PSN: wirechild
post #1001 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBill View Post

Wirechild73, its a conundrum. Your observation about off angle viewing is significant to me. I think the 55" 630 has the shinier Samsung screen, but for some reason the 46" has a matte screen. I'm looking for a 46" or 47". While the shiny screen may offer deeper blacks and more punch, I think I prefer the reduced glare that comes with matte screens.

Good point, this TV is in our entertainment room which has no windows. I would not even consider the 630 for our living room! For that matter even the matte like screens on the Samsung's have more reflection than the 553 does...

XBL/PSN: wirechild
post #1002 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checo001 View Post

If you are looking for this set take a look at costco...big price drop.

Does anyone know if Costco will honor the lower price, refunding me the difference, if I bought it at Costco and am still well within my 90day return period? That drop is quite significant.
post #1003 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 03:41 PM

RVR issues....

Hmm - on the one hand, relieved I'm not alone ... and on the other hand, concerned we may have something more serious.

I created a separate thread here to track this specific issue.

If other owners encounter the same problem, it would be great if they could post there as well.
post #1004 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 06:51 PM

Liked: 12
Mine, ( I bought it today!!) Actually freezes up after being on about 15 seconds. Can't even make it through the setup. If I leave it on it will reboot after about 5 mins, and continue to do that. After the initial 15 seconds there is no response to remote input and it must be unplugged to reboot. Then the whole thing starts over.

I tried changing the batteries in the remote. I re synched the remote. Still the same thing.
Also the power button does not work when this freeze happens.

Any ideas on how to resolve this. I'm intending to chat w/ Vizio support in the am, then probably take it back to Costco. I'd like it to just work though.

Thanks

Oh yeah. Today it was only $1649!
post #1005 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltzonice View Post

If I hit a bump, there's a higher risk of the screen cracking if I lay it horizontally. Is this true??

I'm certain it does increase the risk of a cracked screen, but I brought mine home in a truck but laying it horizontal on top of some mattress foam. Take your time getting it home and cross your fingers.

ISF Certified
post #1006 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewrt View Post

Mine, ( I bought it today!!) Actually freezes up after being on about 15 seconds. Can't even make it through the setup. If I leave it on it will reboot after about 5 mins, and continue to do that. After the initial 15 seconds there is no response to remote input and it must be unplugged to reboot. Then the whole thing starts over.

I tried changing the batteries in the remote. I re synched the remote. Still the same thing.
Also the power button does not work when this freeze happens.

Any ideas on how to resolve this. I'm intending to chat w/ Vizio support in the am, then probably take it back to Costco. I'd like it to just work though.

Thanks

Oh yeah. Today it was only $1649!

Return & get a new one. Far easier swapping at Costco during 1st 3 months than having to fool with a TV manufacturer. F.Y.I: Mine has not been experiencing these "Vizio Reboots" people have been reporting. Have had it about a month. That's not to say, knocking on wood alittle... I do run it thru an UPS to smooth the line power.
post #1007 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhombus7 View Post

Does anyone know if Costco will honor the lower price, refunding me the difference, if I bought it at Costco and am still well within my 90day return period? That drop is quite significant.

There's 2 methods: 1st, u can try begging & pleading with customer service to give you the difference. The wife has gotten them to do that on some products, but the time limit may be shorter than the 3 months return policy.

2nd: (more foolproof way, assuming you have the original receipt with the high price and enough credit or money on hand) Buy a second identical one and return it on the same or next day preferably unopened using the receipt with the higher price from the first tv set. They don't track serial #'s on those receipts; have done this a number of times on computers and other electronic equipment (hate paying too much for something...)
Good luck...
post #1008 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin R. Anderson View Post

I'm certain it does increase the risk of a cracked screen, but I brought mine home in a truck but laying it horizontal on top of some mattress foam. Take your time getting it home and cross your fingers.

Not saying this is OK, or that you won't break your TV...

This TV has cardboard support glued inside the box for the backside of the TV. SO, if you do lay it flat (again at your own risk) make sure you lay it screen side up. How can you tell which side is right? Knock on the two big flat sides of the box. One side is stiffer and sounds different, while the other side will have a normal hollow box boom. The stiffer side is the support side...make sure you lay that stiff side down.

If I didn't already mention it - at your own risk
post #1009 of 4753 Old 09-18-2010, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_BAMA View Post

Any "fluctuations" at all in the black bars? At times, mine seem to brighten or darken just a bit depending on what's playing on screen. I seem to notice it more in my peripheral (sp?) vision than when looking at it straight on.

Note - I am using an upconverting DVD player...not a Blu-ray.

No fluctuations on a blu-ray or Directv that I can see.
post #1010 of 4753 Old 09-19-2010, 03:40 AM

Is this set available in Canada anywhere? Most online vendors do not ship large items to Canada and if they do it's not worth the cost,not to mention duty
post #1011 of 4753 Old 09-19-2010, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

when i'm faced with this, i always tell the store manager they can just credit me the difference or i can go thru the charade of returning the item and buying it again at the lower price -which now leaves them with an open boxed returned item as well as the wasted manpower to accomplish three tasks (sale, return, restock) which could be accomplished with one task (refunded difference). try it (nicely) it works!

eddieras
post #1012 of 4753 Old 09-19-2010, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by canman1976 View Post

Is this set available in Canada anywhere? Most online vendors do not ship large items to Canada and if they do it's not worth the cost,not to mention duty

Check to see if Amazon Canada sells the Vizio.

You may want to join a Canadian Forum to get info for buying in Canada - This one is pretty good.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44027

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #1013 of 4753 Old 09-19-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:

Your price protection is for the duration of the store's return policy as you could just return the product for full refund. Some stores offer a price guarantee of some number of days. This is useful if the product had a 14 day return period and there was 30 day price guarantee.

Of course if the product has a restocking fee associated with the return, then management could "return" the item less restocking and sell it to you again at the lower price.
post #1014 of 4753 Old 09-19-2010, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I wonder if this is just a special or if the list price was dropped by VIZIO?.
I am very tempted to try again and get one even with the non working USB. Surprisingly the 552 is still the same price.

Eugene
post #1015 of 4753 Old 09-19-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenking View Post

There's 2 methods: 1st, u can try begging & pleading with customer service to give you the difference. The wife has gotten them to do that on some products, but the time limit may be shorter than the 3 months return policy.

2nd: (more foolproof way, assuming you have the original receipt with the high price and enough credit or money on hand) Buy a second identical one and return it on the same or next day preferably unopened using the receipt with the higher price from the first tv set. They don't track serial #'s on those receipts; have done this a number of times on computers and other electronic equipment (hate paying too much for something...)
Good luck...

2nd method has worked for me at Costco. However, the last time I did something like this, Costco told me I did not have to go through the trouble. They would have refunded me the difference on a price drop on an item.
post #1016 of 4753 Old 09-19-2010, 05:18 PM

Just picked up the 553 at Costco in Lake Elsinore, CA. Got it home, hooked it up, and right down the center of the screen was a nice, 1 pixel wide, red line... lovely! Immediately boxed it back up, hauled it back to Costco since they said they only had 2 others, and exchanged it quick, no problem. Got that one home and it looks BEAUTIFUL! Amazing set, easy to set up, love the remote, though it feels thick because of the keyboard, but love the IR for my DirecTV box, it sends commands with less line-of-site than the DirecTV remote.

Can't beat the price too... with CA tax it was just about 1800, so the price drop paid for the tax!!!

post #1017 of 4753 Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 PM

As I posted earlier, I placed my order for the XVT473SV through Costco on 9/9. The shipping was stated as: "Standard shipping is via common carrier. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 7 - 10 business days from the time of order". I also ordered the mounting bracket/device and received it yesterday via UPS Ground shipped (from Oregon to Nebraska).

I finally received the shipping confirmation for the television on Thursday (a week later) but the tracking info wasnt available available on the shipper's website until Friday. The shipper is "Eagle Freight" (who I had never even heard of before). I did some reasearch on them and found good reviews for the most part. I am a little frustrated though as they are showing the estimated arrival date as Sep 27th. I dont know if they are really allowing for some extra buffer time or if they truly think that will be the date it is to arrive. The shipper just took possession of the shipment at LAX on Thursday. I would say that is definitley a 5 day job to get out here, if not more! I work for UPS and our Ground shipments usually take 4-5 days to get clear out to the Central US from the West Coast and we are one of the larger shippers in the business! They were charging $100 shipping and it would take 2 weeks????

I originally thought of buying it from Dell because of the price but held off because if I had a problem with the unit it would cost me quite a bit to ship it back for repair or return in the first 90 days. I decided Costco would be the best option as I would be getting the extra year warranty and I would have a place to return it within 90 days if I had a problem (store is 300 miles from where I live). Sams Club (they have a store 150 miles from me) said that they Item # had been deleted from their system so they didnt know if they were going to be getting them 47s in or not. I didnt think Walmart would have these for quite some time since the bigger Warehouse Clubs seemed to not have many on hand and I was tired of waiting.

So, long story, but Walmart 70 miles from me just got 55s and 47s in. Called and cancelled the Costco order. Had the Walmart store hold one for me (as our local store didnt have them). Drove up on Friday evening and picked up the 47. They had four in the buidling but didnt have them on display or on the floor. They had the 55s on a pallet but nothing out of the box.

I have it set up and couldnt be happier ! What a great picture! Very pleased with the quality and features. Havent played with the widgets and internet options yet as it doesnt seem to be picking up my wireless internet very well (laptop works fine down in my basement but the TV didnt seem to be getting a strong enough signal). I ended up paying a little bit more for the set but got an extra 2 yr warranty for $85 and can return it right here in town if I have problems. What a fiasco ! lol

I will report more about the set soon....
post #1018 of 4753 Old 09-19-2010, 09:17 PM

Does the Vizio remote have the capability to control the PS3, since they're both Bluetooth? It didn't look like easy automatic setup when adding devices (no PS3 listed)... Just curious!

And is there a way to add control of a surround sound receiver to the remote without turning over all audio control to the receiver? would like to be able to turn on/off the receiver when I want surround sound using the vizio remote...

post #1019 of 4753 Old 09-20-2010, 04:46 AM

Had this set for two weeks now. Costco did price match the drop but it took three people and 15 minutes. Would have been easier to rebuy and return.

Amazon VOD will not work. Called both Vizio and Amazon and neither seems to know what's happening. Every other widget works fine. Anyone able to connect to Amazon VOD?
post #1020 of 4753 Old 09-20-2010, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADON View Post

Had this set for two weeks now. Costco did price match the drop but it took three people and 15 minutes. Would have been easier to rebuy and return.

Amazon VOD will not work. Called both Vizio and Amazon and neither seems to know what's happening. Every other widget works fine. Anyone able to connect to Amazon VOD?

Haven't tried Amazon VOD yet. Mostly just netflix.

I got money back yesterday from Costco also. Took about 15 minutes also and three people. The original price had a $50 instant rebate so that confused them. Then thye tried to tell me that I would have to go back to the original Costco that I bought it from.....I told them politely no. Then they said that I had the set for 32 days which was out of the 30 day price match window. I politely said I would go home and bring the set back.

The manager then looked at my account.....I've been a member since the mid 80's when it was Price Club.....also spend alot of money there.......and gave me the difference back.

A bit of a hassle, but much less so then having to haul the set back in and then re-buying it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page