Official Vizio XVT3SV Series NO PRICE or Coupon talk - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 4753 Old 08-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Member
 
Cuhulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am not sure that DNLA support in the TV is that critical -- most will be using a new set with a receiver or blu-ray player or a standalone media center that will support it.
Cuhulin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 4753 Old 08-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Member
 
countphatula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The XVT553SV is one of the TVs I am looking at to buy and it's frustrating to see no reviews up anywhere
countphatula is offline  
post #93 of 4753 Old 08-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Member
 
pmb1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NT
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by countphatula View Post

The XVT553SV is one of the TVs I am looking at to buy and it's frustrating to see no reviews up anywhere


Edit .... I read the model wrong so no response is necessary
pmb1010 is offline  
post #94 of 4753 Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cawgijoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Centreville, VA
Posts: 2,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by countphatula View Post

The XVT553SV is one of the TVs I am looking at to buy and it's frustrating to see no reviews up anywhere

Definitely frustrating as the other set I'm interested in is the LG Infinia 55" 8500 which is significantly more. Would like to see both professional reviews of the 553 as well as user reviews before committing.

Hopefully soon.
cawgijoe is offline  
post #95 of 4753 Old 08-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Eugene157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Palm Springs area
Posts: 477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 21
One Faceboob someone posted the lollowing:

Tom Jenkins XVT553SV - - Just pluged in my new XVT553SV and it's really FANTASTIC! :-))

USB: Box states USB for JPG only, but in the TV's Input source menu, there is no USB available? Just the HDMI's and etc...

BIG NOTE: this is my first Digital TV but I have been studying for the last couple of years and have placed my bet on V...IZIO.
Eugene157 is offline  
post #96 of 4753 Old 08-03-2010, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
niknakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just ordered my 553sv : D! on Amazon..still hundreds of bucks cheaper than the Vizio's official webpage lol. was thinking of Walmart, Vizio rep supposedly said Walmart to sell it too, but when i checked couldn't find. :l
i believe Sam's Club has it in store too by now, although it doesn't show for the online store yet..

have to go on a trip for work though, so i'm having it delivered on the 30th..if i get to come back earlier i'll definitely change the delivery date too x]!

can't wait o m g! e p i c tv for the price. the deal sealer for me personally was the sets IPS panel plus local dimming *_*
i wonder if it will at least come close to Apple's iphone "retina display" where they also combine ips+led for that tiny screen..except for this tv, it's 55inches of blownup pixels and not a super-dense-pixel panel.

i'll upload a video on youtube once i have it all up and running fine, assuming all goes smoothly!!! : D!
(please vizio don't be a let down to me!)
niknakk is offline  
post #97 of 4753 Old 08-03-2010, 05:20 PM
beq
Newbie
 
beq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuhulin View Post

I am not sure that DNLA support in the TV is that critical -- most will be using a new set with a receiver or blu-ray player or a standalone media center that will support it.

But supporting DLNA DMP (Digital Media Player) and/or DMR (Digital Media Renderer) roles would seem to be a natural function for networked TV's to have, and would bring parity to Samsung's and Sony's TV offerings.

Especially since Windows 7 has also adopted DLNA to coexist/compete with its Media Center Extender support (the latter of which seems to be dying in the 3rd-party market outside of the Xbox 360).

Win 7's "Play To" feature sounds particularly nice:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2...windows-7.aspx

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...5-7a99f4904b5e

http://www.betanews.com/article/Top-...LNA/1241727640

http://digitalmediaphile.com/index.p...na-enabled-tv/

http://thedigitallifestyle.com/cs/TD...live-dlna.aspx
beq is offline  
post #98 of 4753 Old 08-03-2010, 05:29 PM
beq
Newbie
 
beq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I eagerly await the forthcoming 553 user reviews here Planning to buy three of these myself (two for family members), but want to wait for Costco for the 2yr warranty and 90-day return. But if their price is a lot more expensive, I might opt for Sam's or even Amazon...

That reminds me, I need to review the wall mounts that Monoprice has. I think someone else had also said that Costco carries an excellent one... Any recommendations?
beq is offline  
post #99 of 4753 Old 08-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Member
 
ssgmun5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Once I get my Amazon gift cards in I might order this. I really hope there are some reviews soon.
ssgmun5000 is offline  
post #100 of 4753 Old 08-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Newbie
 
Gordon Gekko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm interested in picking up the XVT423SV. Does Vizio use IPS panels or offer a gaming mode? Input lag is a make or break for me.
Gordon Gekko is offline  
post #101 of 4753 Old 08-04-2010, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Andrew67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post

I'm interested in picking up the XVT423SV. Does Vizio use IPS panels or offer a gaming mode? Input lag is a make or break for me.

The problem with the Vizio's hasn't been the type of panel, but their processing engine is never 'off' even when in game mode. This introduces a lot of lag. You'll need to wait until owner reviews start turning up before you'll get an answer to this question.
Andrew67 is offline  
post #102 of 4753 Old 08-04-2010, 08:11 AM
r2k
Newbie
 
r2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For what it's worth, I just got off the phone with a Vizio rep who said that the XVT553 has not been released and is not even for sale on their website yet. She wasn't sure when they might ship. She said that stores that will carry them include Costco and Walmart. When I told her that Amazon has had it for awhile, she was surprised and speculated that maybe Amazon got the early first shipments, but that a small problem may have been discovered, so further shipments were stopped until the problem was worked out.

I'm speculating further here thinking that this could be consistent with the XVT473 availability being pushed back to August 30, at least on Amazon.
r2k is offline  
post #103 of 4753 Old 08-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Newbie
 
Crunge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2k View Post

For what it's worth, I just got off the phone with a Vizio rep who said that the XVT553 has not been released and is not even for sale on their website yet.... When I told her that Amazon has had it for awhile, she was surprised and speculated that maybe Amazon got the early first shipments, but that a small problem may have been discovered, so further shipments were stopped until the problem was worked out.

I got one from Amazon yesterday and as of this writing, it is still in stock there. I had an initial problem setting it up, where my WD TV Live would show video but no audio came through. While I was trying to figure it out the TV rebooted twice, and suddenly the audio was fine. I don't know if the TV was installing updates or if there is going to continue to be a problem, but I watched TV last night with no issues.

I don't have any professional calibration equipment but I'll try to answer any questions people may have.
Crunge is offline  
post #104 of 4753 Old 08-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Newbie
 
Palomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't think he has posted any wrong info at all. He clearly stated that Amazon may have a batch of early shipments. That explains why you have the unit (nobody doubts you) and they still they have it in stock. However this doesn't preclude them from having found a "minor issue" which has still to be resolved by Vizio to release additional shipments.
Depending on what this "minor issue" is you may or may not notice it.
Palomo is offline  
post #105 of 4753 Old 08-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Member
 
mrandtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunge View Post

I don't have any professional calibration equipment but I'll try to answer any questions people may have.

Can you confirm that the XVT3SV series (assuming you got the 553?) has a matte screen? It would also be nice to know if post 4810 in the old thread is still true (where smart dimming turns the LEDs off or on at once, causing a jump in black level).

Thanks!

Marc

mrandtx is offline  
post #106 of 4753 Old 08-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Senior Member
 
davenport47's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was just looking at an XVT473 and XVT423 on Vizio's website.

Can the picutures of these new sets be correct? Have they acutally retained that distracting silver rectangle below the screen?!
davenport47 is offline  
post #107 of 4753 Old 08-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Eugene157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Palm Springs area
Posts: 477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Crunge, your kind offer to do some testing?

Are the USB ports active?

Is it possible for the HDMI ports to accept individual settings for sharpness, contrast etc and retain them so that each individual HDMI port will remember different settings?

These two items were not operational on my 552 and that is the reason why, after 80 days of ownership I returned the set to Costco.

I am very interested in the 553 but will make absolutely sure that these features will work.
And what is the SW number?

Again, thanks for your offer.

Eugene
Eugene157 is offline  
post #108 of 4753 Old 08-06-2010, 08:53 AM
r2k
Newbie
 
r2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunge View Post

I got one from Amazon yesterday and as of this writing, it is still in stock there. I had an initial problem setting it up, where my WD TV Live would show video but no audio came through. While I was trying to figure it out the TV rebooted twice, and suddenly the audio was fine. I don't know if the TV was installing updates or if there is going to continue to be a problem, but I watched TV last night with no issues.

I don't have any professional calibration equipment but I'll try to answer any questions people may have.

It's interesting that the 553 has been available on Amazon since May 23, but that there are no reviews posted for it. Do you plan on reviewing it on Amazon? It may be useful for other prospective buyers.
r2k is offline  
post #109 of 4753 Old 08-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Newbie
 
Screamscreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2k View Post

It's interesting that the 553 has been available on Amazon since May 23, but that there are no reviews posted for it. Do you plan on reviewing it on Amazon? It may be useful for other prospective buyers.

The 553 has only been available for Pre-Order since May 23. It only came into stock and began shipping from Amazon about a week ago. Based on this - and the fact that it probably takes at least 5 days for delivery to be made to those that ordered it as soon as it became available for shipping -it's not that interesting that there are no reviews for it yet. Those who have received theirs from Sam's or Amazon, probably haven't had very much time yet to experiment with it and do a thorough review. Though it would be nice if Crunge, or someone who has received a 553 to provide their initial thoughts on basic info, like out of the box PQ, etc. Many of us are sitting on the fence until we get a better idea of what we will be getting.
Screamscreen is offline  
post #110 of 4753 Old 08-06-2010, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cawgijoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Centreville, VA
Posts: 2,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I went by a Sam's today in the Dulles area (VA).....no sign of the 553.
cawgijoe is offline  
post #111 of 4753 Old 08-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Newbie
 
Screamscreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawgijoe View Post

I went by a Sam's today in the Dulles area (VA).....no sign of the 553.

I am in the same geographic area as you, and I am being told they are not in stock yet... at least in the stores I checked with. I guess still no dice seeing one in a store, first hand - with the terrible store lighting and low quality source material and all.

Anyone seen one in Sam's or Walmart yet?
Screamscreen is offline  
post #112 of 4753 Old 08-07-2010, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cawgijoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Centreville, VA
Posts: 2,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can confirm that the 553 will be available for sale at Costco. I was in our local Costco today and asked them to check their computer systems. The 553 came up and had a status of "ordered".

According to the guy who runs the electronics area, that means sometime this month. Price is the same as the 552.

Keep your eyes peeled!
cawgijoe is offline  
post #113 of 4753 Old 08-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Member
 
nanostream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Executive summary:

It's worth every penny if you're a layman with extremely high expectations. Out of the box settings are excellent, but dialing up the sharpness results in a picture that's mesmerizingly crisp. Seriously, you won't want to leave the couch. The remote is intuitive. Direct ethernet connection worked flawlessly. Response time for apps is brisk. No regrets that I didn't grab the Samsung.
Save yourself the warehouse club grief and use Amazon.

Impression:

(Alert, I like SciFi)

Watching Futurama in HD on this baby will bring a tear of joy to your eye. Seriously, your jaw will drop. I could see the pores on Fargo's face on the latest episode of Eureka. I was very concerned that this large screen size would have that fuzzy not-quite-focused/ soft focus look that plagues a lot of these big "best value for price" sets. My fears were quickly allayed. I'm sorry I don't have the technical chops to get into more details, but for the discerning layman with very high expectations, you'll be more than pleased. I always keep the box in my living room for a few days to make sure I'm happy with my purchases. I've been watching for four days and I'm no less impressed. Tomorrow, I toss the crate.

Picture quality out of the box was excellent, but excellent doesn't cut it for $1850.00. I almost sent it back, but increasing the sharpness slightly really pushed the image up to incredible. I prefer a looking-out-a-window crystal clear image. I'm using a TIVO series 3 on Comcast and everything was configured inside 5 minutes. It walks you right through it when you turn it on. The popout keyboard on the remote is a little tight for the big-fingered but easily navigable. I loaded my stocks into the Yahoo widget with ease and logged into Twitter effortlessly. Most recent tweets and individual stocks are displayed in their respective apps at the bottom of the screen with one button push if you don't want to open the entire app, which is very convenient for the quick look. I want a concise overview when I get home from work. I'm not in the mood to drill down through menus.

Now the part that will save some of you money: I'm in MA. I gave up trying to find where and when these TV's would be in stock. Vizio doesn't know, and the warehouse distributors don't know. I've been told no less than 10 dates of arrival over the past month. I followed online and retail locations, talked to distributors for BJ's, Costco, Sam's, and called multiple locations. No dice. Last week I was told they would be on the floor on August 7th at BJ's in MA. That's today and, not surprisingly, nothing at every location. The price is, however, in their systems. The cost at BJ's local will be $1799.99 with an additional $50.00 dollar rebate. They (Dedham store) told me it was a manufacturer's rebate but who knows. It may be specific to BJ's...or not. If you live near one of these stores in MA, wait for the tax free weekend on the 14th and 15th. They may or may not have them in stock by then....or click on Amazon and be done with it. My sanity was worth a hundred bucks, not to mention the box for this thing is huge and you'll need to find a truck to bring it home. Let Amazon set it up for you and save the gas and hassle. Yes, I realize you lose an extra couple of years on the warranty, but hopefully the build is good and the first year will be enough. Without a truck don't even think about dragging this one home yourself. If you use Amazon, use scheduled delivery so you know when it's coming and choose text notification so you'll be alerted when it's out for delivery.

I usually wait to see how CNET reviews these new sets. I took a risk and have no regrets. If they call it a dog I'll be shocked. I'm sure they will find something less than optimal of course. If you're a gamer, look elsewhere for a review. If, however, you're like the rest of us and don't know a jutter from a stutter, seek help if you're not blown away by the image on this set

Nano
nanostream is offline  
post #114 of 4753 Old 08-07-2010, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cawgijoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Centreville, VA
Posts: 2,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the review! Can't wait to see one. I will be patient and wait for Costco. I have a van.

How about some pics?
cawgijoe is offline  
post #115 of 4753 Old 08-07-2010, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
westa6969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: From Michigan now Retired to Naples, FL
Posts: 6,966
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Nanostream - Welcome --- Congrats --- Excellent First time Post --- Thanks!!!

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
westa6969 is offline  
post #116 of 4753 Old 08-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Member
 
caneaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanostream View Post

Executive summary:

It's worth every penny if you're a layman with extremely high expectations. Out of the box settings are excellent, but dialing up the sharpness results in a picture that's mesmerizingly crisp. Seriously, you won't want to leave the couch. The remote is intuitive. Direct ethernet connection worked flawlessly. Response time for apps is brisk. No regrets that I didn't grab the Samsung.
Save yourself the warehouse club grief and use Amazon.

Impression:

(Alert, I like SciFi)

Watching Futurama in HD on this baby will bring a tear of joy to your eye. Seriously, your jaw will drop. I could see the pores on Fargo's face on the latest episode of Eureka. I was very concerned that this large screen size would have that fuzzy not-quite-focused/ soft focus look that plagues a lot of these big "best value for price" sets. My fears were quickly allayed. I'm sorry I don't have the technical chops to get into more details, but for the discerning layman with very high expectations, you'll be more than pleased. I always keep the box in my living room for a few days to make sure I'm happy with my purchases. I've been watching for four days and I'm no less impressed. Tomorrow, I toss the crate.

Picture quality out of the box was excellent, but excellent doesn't cut it for $1850.00. I almost sent it back, but increasing the sharpness slightly really pushed the image up to incredible. I prefer a looking-out-a-window crystal clear image. I'm using a TIVO series 3 on Comcast and everything was configured inside 5 minutes. It walks you right through it when you turn it on. The popout keyboard on the remote is a little tight for the big-fingered but easily navigable. I loaded my stocks into the Yahoo widget with ease and logged into Twitter effortlessly. Most recent tweets and individual stocks are displayed in their respective apps at the bottom of the screen with one button push if you don't want to open the entire app, which is very convenient for the quick look. I want a concise overview when I get home from work. I'm not in the mood to drill down through menus.

Now the part that will save some of you money: I'm in MA. I gave up trying to find where and when these TV's would be in stock. Vizio doesn't know, and the warehouse distributors don't know. I've been told no less than 10 dates of arrival over the past month. I followed online and retail locations, talked to distributors for BJ's, Costco, Sam's, and called multiple locations. No dice. Last week I was told they would be on the floor on August 7th at BJ's in MA. That's today and, not surprisingly, nothing at every location. The price is, however, in their systems. The cost at BJ's local will be $1799.99 with an additional $50.00 dollar rebate. They (Dedham store) told me it was a manufacturer's rebate but who knows. It may be specific to BJ's...or not. If you live near one of these stores in MA, wait for the tax free weekend on the 14th and 15th. They may or may not have them in stock by then....or click on Amazon and be done with it. My sanity was worth a hundred bucks, not to mention the box for this thing is huge and you'll need to find a truck to bring it home. Let Amazon set it up for you and save the gas and hassle. Yes, I realize you lose an extra couple of years on the warranty, but hopefully the build is good and the first year will be enough. Without a truck don't even think about dragging this one home yourself. If you use Amazon, use scheduled delivery so you know when it's coming and choose text notification so you'll be alerted when it's out for delivery.

I usually wait to see how CNET reviews these new sets. I took a risk and have no regrets. If they call it a dog I'll be shocked. I'm sure they will find something less than optimal of course. If you're a gamer, look elsewhere for a review. If, however, you're like the rest of us and don't know a jutter from a stutter, seek help if you're not blown away by the image on this set

Nano

Is the screen matte or glossy?
caneaddict is offline  
post #117 of 4753 Old 08-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Member
 
Heavy Mettle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
They're selling it on Ebay now.
Heavy Mettle is offline  
post #118 of 4753 Old 08-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Newbie
 
Crunge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrandtx View Post

Can you confirm that the XVT3SV series (assuming you got the 553?) has a matte screen? It would also be nice to know if in the old thread is still true (where smart dimming turns the LEDs off or on at once, causing a jump in black level).

Thanks!

Marc


Yes, it has a matte screen. I can't say for sure about the LEDs getting turned off causing a jump in black level.
Crunge is offline  
post #119 of 4753 Old 08-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Newbie
 
Crunge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenport47 View Post

Was just looking at an XVT473 and XVT423 on Vizio's website.

Can the picutures of these new sets be correct? Have they acutally retained that distracting silver rectangle below the screen?!

No. The front is all black.
Crunge is offline  
post #120 of 4753 Old 08-08-2010, 06:33 AM
Newbie
 
Crunge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamscreen View Post

Though it would be nice if Crunge, or someone who has received a 553 to provide their initial thoughts on basic info, like out of the box PQ, etc. Many of us are sitting on the fence until we get a better idea of what we will be getting.

I love the set. I found the picture quality out of the box to be excellent. I haven't played with the settings all that much but I will be doing so with Planet Earth on Blu-Ray. The screen is nice and bright and the clarity seems excellent. Setup was easy and worked well, other than my previously-mentioned issue of two reboots. I've not had a problem since.

There are three USB ports which the documentation says are for JPEG only. However, they don't appear in the list of inputs. I haven't plugged anything in yet so I don't know if the inputs appear at that point. I'll try it and see. It really hasn't been an issue for me since I use a WD TV Live if I want to display images.

Someone asked about separate settings per HDMI port. I'll look into that.
Crunge is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off