AVS Forum banner

Official Vizio XVT3SV Series NO PRICE or Coupon talk

817K views 5K replies 670 participants last post by  Heavy Mettle 
#1 ·
It's finally posted officially on the Vizio website!

the new highly anticipated/hyped Vizio XVT3SV series, with 120 Local Dimming LED zones.

the website prices the 55 inch model for $2,199.

that's insanely cheap for a brand spanking new model.

check it out: http://www.vizio.com/xvt553sv.html

and thoughts/opinions, can't wait to see professional reviews of it..

the other smaller sized models in the series are already posted on Amazon as well, with Amazon shipping them out in August.

55 inch panel already ready for pre-order:

nope, this is not a 3D tv. the 4 series will be 3D but higher priced and later release.

i personally don't give a crap for 3d anyways.

post update: the XVT553SV has started shipping! Currently, according to a Vizio rep, only Amazon , Walmart , Sam's Club and one more online retailer has the XVT553SV, the other smaller sized xvt3sv (47'' and below) might already be available at your local retailers =]

See less See more
#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad86 /forum/post/18897084

I was going to mention one more thing.... I dont know if anyone didnt notice that the lifepsan of the panel in the specs is only 30,000hrs!!!!? Geeze that seems almost backwards to me!

hmm i noticed that yah, but it doesn't sound that bad to me, i don't know much about lamp lifespans at all, but i counted 30,000 hours = 3.5years @ tv switched on 24/7...watching tv 12 hours a day will in theory double that to a 6 or 7 year "lifespan"...

perhaps this is one of the compromises Vizio made to build a solid performance set and keep within the affordable price range.

maybe 4 or 5 years is a "good cycle" for Vizio? like they assume more than likely consumers will shop for a new tv every 4 or 5 years..

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad86 /forum/post/18897084

I was going to mention one more thing.... I dont know if anyone didnt notice that the lifepsan of the panel in the specs is only 30,000hrs!!!!? Geeze that seems almost backwards to me!

That seems wrong to me. Even though that's about 10.5 years at 8 hours a day.

The 552 is listed at 40,000 hours.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRED85001 /forum/post/18896944

When is this supposed to release? I am close to pulling the trigger on a new set, however if the release for this set is close I might as well wait. The specs on this HDTV look very promissing.

same boat as you =)

if u saw my other thread, i've been looking hard at the LGs, right about ready to make a purchase too.

but actually now, i've decided to wait for this Vizio to launch.

waiting a little longer only, because the 3 series is supposed to be out before the 4 series (3d sets), which is set for a Q4/2010 release.

so this 55inch 3 series Vizio should be out between August-October?

might even have a day-after-thanksgiving deal.

furthermore if this new Vizio doesn't meet the mark (after reviews), the LGs i've been looking at would probably also have dropped a bit in price as well ^^

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknakk /forum/post/18897169

same boat as you =)

if u saw my other thread, i've been looking hard at the LGs, right about ready to make a purchase too.

but actually now, i've decided to wait for this Vizio to launch.

waiting a little longer only, because the 3 series is supposed to be out before the 4 series (3d sets), which is set for a Q4/2010 release.

so this 55inch 3 series Vizio should be out between August-October?

might even have a day-after-thanksgiving deal.

furthermore if this new Vizio doesn't meet the mark, the LGs i've been looking at would probably drop a bit in price as well ^^

I'm looking at the LG Infinia 55 inch set also.....but now I'm going to wait and see what this Vizio brings.

Interesting that LG does not post their panel life...........

#14 ·
i am new to the forums and am looking for my first HD..just got my first real job, i am looking at the 553. si there a difference between zones and blocks? does 160 zones mean 80 blocks?

any help would be appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumon /forum/post/18897470

What's interesting is the 473 model has 160 controllable zones vs. 120 zones for 553 and

423 models. For some reason in the detailed specs they state that 473 model has only 80 controllable blocks (probably a mistake).

#18 ·
I wish someon had a real answer to when these will be released... "coming soon" is a relative term.

I have one on pre-order but am growing more impatient every day.

#20 ·
Did anybody notice that the XVT323 & XVT373 has the exact same specs as the M470NV & M550NV? Same contrast ratio, 120Hz, 802.11n, same amount of colors. The XVT323 & XVT373 could've techinically been the M320NV & M370NV. Since the bigger models in the XVT series have a 10,000,000:1 contrast ratio, Vizio could've incorporated a slightly higher contrast ratio into the 323 & 373 like 3,000,000:1 or something like that since LG's 32" LED tv has a 3,000,000:1 contrast ratio. The XVT series is supposed to stand out from the M series since those are their best models.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacjones /forum/post/18922986

I spoke to a vizio rep from the marketing center on the phone last week and was told the xvt553sv would be coming out sometime in either Q4 or Q1. I wasn't able to get much info on the xvt473sv vs the xvt472sv other than what's stated on the spec sheets. I'm holding out for the xvt473sv anyway.

Yeah... not waiting that long, thanks for the info.

I just ordered a Samsung UN55C8000 and it sould be here Wed.

Problem solved!

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacjones /forum/post/18922986

I spoke to a vizio rep from the marketing center on the phone last week and was told the xvt553sv would be coming out sometime in either Q4 or Q1. I wasn't able to get much info on the xvt473sv vs the xvt472sv other than what's stated on the spec sheets. I'm holding out for the xvt473sv anyway.

I've got two sets on my radar now.....the Vizio 553 and the LG Infinia 8500 55". What stops me from buying the Infinia is the price. I'd like it to go down another couple hundred bucks from the current low price.

The Vizio should be very well priced and if available at Costco, very tempting.

So......for now I wait.......I do have patience and can easily wait till the Fall or longer.......would be nice to have a set for Super Bowl!

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgmun5000 /forum/post/18924567

Saw the 553sv at Walmart today. Looked nice but they didnt have the remote for me to look at the settings. From what I saw and compare to what they show on the website it looks different.

Am I allowed to give the price here?

hilarious. did you not read like everyone's post in this thread.. the 3 series hasn't shipped, anywhere, period.

don't be so quick to rip on the 3 series ^^

patient shoppers get their rewards..less money for equal or better than we can get anywhere at the moment.

you were probably savvying the older 552 or 551 which is readily found at costcos walmarts and sams clubs..

for others patiently holding your pockets,

55inch of 120 zones of local dim leds...internet tv, 240hz, -drooool?-

screw 3D.

since glasses, which are compulsory purchase per member in the family, easily rakes up another $300bucks just for accessories.