Originally Posted by Raks
I am looking at the following options:
1. Samsung LN60C630, Samsung UN60C6300, Samsung UN60C6500
2. Sharp Quattron 60 LE810UN
3. LG 60LD550
4. Sony 60 HX701, SONY 60 NX801 (glass reflections may be an issue)
I am looking for the BEST Picture Quality as the primary criteria. My Secondary Criteria is not too much fading of colors from off-angle viewing (40 to 50 degress off angle viewing max).
Also I have 3 big windows on the side wall of the room TV will be in.
Can you please weigh in your valuable opinions ?
We own the LG 60ld550, and I can't comment on the others. I really like it, but we had specific needs that may not be the same as yours. We have a home theater, so our main moving watching is done there.
What we wanted was:
1) Matte screen - we have windows in kitchen that reflect a lot - this TV really helps with that (I think the Sammy C630 is also a matte screen).
2) Off axis viewing - The TV is about 14 feet from the sofa and we have a loveseat to the left and a recliner to the right. All of the 6 viewing positions are fine with this set. It is aimed at the center of the sofa.
3) Cost - Got a great deal
4) Calibration capabilities (although the Samsung has a 3D CMS). Picture calibrated up nicely, and the grayscale and gamma are outstanding (I've worked on a few older Samsungs, and couldn't get the results I got with this set). Also, it has 2 user settings, so you can have a daytime viewing calibration and a night time one, which is what I did.
It meets all 4 criteria quite well. Where it is lacking is night time viewing black levels. If you are picky about your black levels you may be disappointed on completely dark scenes (probably movie viewing). We did watch a movie last night on this set, "The Road" which has a lot of dark scenes and I could notice that the really dark stuff was really dark gray.
All and all though a great set for the money, and met our needs perfectly.