New Sony NX710 and NX810 models - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 480 Old 09-20-2010, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just placed the order for my KDL60NX810

sounds like we need to have an ""official" NX810 owners thread?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 480 Old 09-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by beinstein View Post

Well, what you waiting for? Be the thread starter and make your mark on history...

post #93 of 480 Old 09-20-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beinstein View Post

So you went in and saw one at the store?
post #94 of 480 Old 09-21-2010, 06:19 AM

Got my new 55NX810 set up last night. TV looks very nice. PS3 looks amazing.

Very stylish TV. Right now how my setting on Standard. Dnice is coming to calibrate the set and with his permission will post the settings mid October.

TV has a 3d button where you can make all things 3d...this function does not work very well unless the signal is a 3d signal.

Had to move the transmitter from the top to bottom....better performace on bottom.
post #95 of 480 Old 09-21-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatot View Post

Well, what you waiting for? Be the thread starter and make your mark on history...

the honor should go to someone that already has theirs...

I am still waiting for delivery ;-)

I nominate the person who first posted that great review!
post #96 of 480 Old 09-21-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinsdad View Post

Very stylish TV. Right now how my setting on Standard. Dnice is coming to calibrate the set and with his permission will post the settings mid October.

TV has a 3d button where you can make all things 3d...this function does not work very well unless the signal is a 3d signal.

Had to move the transmitter from the top to bottom....better performace on bottom.

I did the same. I have the 3D IR transmitter underneath the TV. The transmitter itself is adjustable (you can adjust it's angle up and down between 3 settings by twisting it on whichever side has the notches on it) but seemed easier to just move it. (and since I never read manuals I didn't know it was adjustable before I moved it)
post #97 of 480 Old 09-21-2010, 09:37 PM

I just got my 55NX810 and will be shipping soon. My Sony guy told me I am the first buyer in my city as the stores are selling the HX800/NX800 before displaying the NX810.

Looking forward to this
post #98 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 04:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinsdad View Post

Congrats on your new set. Post some photos when you can.
post #99 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSony View Post

Congrats on your new set. Post some photos when you can.

Will do. As soon as I get home. Can someone pm me on how to post pics again?

Also . Direct tv has some AMAZING 3D content. Its on the ON DEMAND sections and one of the shows is a documentary on Earth. The other is a safari show.

I found these two shows to be very intense 3D. My wife and I watched Monster House and that was just OK....but I highly recommend the ON DEMAND 3D content that DIrect TV has out now.
post #100 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 10:14 AM

Here are som pics

http://s495.photobucket.com/albums/r...ober006.jpg%26
post #101 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 11:34 AM

Great photos.

I went to the Sony Store in New York City last night and looked at the NX810 in both 60" and 55" sizes. They looked stunning. I am going to buy the 55 incher within the next couple of weeks. The main sofa will be approx 10 feet from the screen. I am very excited about this TV.

I plan to wall mount-it using a mount with a slight swivel to it. I'm not sure precisely which mount I will use yet, but I am considering the Sanus VMSA, shown here:
http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/...ion-mount/VMSA

Ben R.
post #102 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benrub View Post

Great photos.

I went to the Sony Store in New York City last night and looked at the NX810 in both 60" and 55" sizes. They looked stunning. I am going to buy the 55 incher within the next couple of weeks. The main sofa will be approx 10 feet from the screen. I am very excited about this TV.

I plan to wall mount-it using a mount with a slight swivel to it. I'm not sure precisely which mount I will use yet, but I am considering the Sanus VMSA, shown here:

Nice wall mount Ben,

I went with Sanus also. Model LT25. It tilts, Does not swivel but you can easily move it Rt to Lt. And if it is uneven you can make adjustments with the turn of a screw.
post #103 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by benrub View Post

Great photos.

I think so too ! But they took 909 to a diff room and both had diff signal
post #104 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 05:34 PM

Not to be a buzz kill but I have had my 55NX810 for about a week now and I decided I will be returning it. It was intended as a replacement for a Pioneer Plasma I have in my living room but the off axis viewing and something about the oversaturated Reds were just too disappointing for me to live with. The set itself is drop dead gorgeous and I love all the new wifi/internet bells and whistles. I tried to make myself like it but even my wife commented on the issues I mentioned and she never had a word to say about the 7 year old Pio plasma so...

Anyway, just thought I'd issue a warning to those like myself that are considering buying the set site unseen...
post #105 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Off-axis is a problem with ALL LCD TV's. Some more than others. In my case with a 60EX700 it's not a problem due to our sitting arrangement.

Over-saturated reds make me think you never tried any settings other than the oft-mentioned "torch". That's the factory setting as they try to compete with all other TV's in stores by over-saturating and overdoing everything!
post #106 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughh View Post

Off-axis is a problem with ALL LCD TV's. Some more than others. In my case with a 60EX700 it's not a problem due to our sitting arrangement.

Over-saturated reds make me think you never tried any settings other than the oft-mentioned "torch". That's the factory setting as they try to compete with all other TV's in stores by over-saturating and overdoing everything!

Actually, I have spent some time with the LG LX9500 and although I know of (and have seen) the banding issues, the off-axis viewing is MUCH better than the Sony and since the banding issue is much more tolerable and less noticeable(for me), I am leaning towards purchasing that model instead. As for the "torch" setting, yes, I saw that, but I also tried countless custom settings but the Reds always seemed oversaturated in relation to the other colors. I thought the LG colors seemed more natural. It may have just been my panel but I wanted to clarify that point. I am not trying to "sell" anyone on anything. Just my experience with the set...
post #107 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach_Guy View Post

Not to be a buzz kill but I have had my 55NX810 for about a week now and I decided I will be returning it. It was intended as a replacement for a Pioneer Plasma I have in my living room but the off axis viewing and something about the oversaturated Reds were just too disappointing for me to live with. The set itself is drop dead gorgeous and I love all the new wifi/internet bells and whistles. I tried to make myself like it but even my wife commented on the issues I mentioned and she never had a word to say about the 7 year old Pio plasma so...

Anyway, just thought I'd issue a warning to those like myself that are considering buying the set site unseen...

I had a pioneer Elite pro 101 on the wall where the new Sony now sits.

The picture on the new Sony and the pro 101 are close straight on but from angles and sides there is no comparison.

Although it seems to be better that usual for off angles on this newer sony. Of angles are much more acceptable to me , on this set.

With the new set I got some free downloads for the PS3 games. Very cool and worth checking out. We got this mainly for the 3D and mainly because this is our family room where the kids watch cartoons and energy consumption is an issue as well.

I have not regrets going from a Pioneer Plasma to this new Sony. I still have an elite Plasma in my bedroom and downstairs.

Bottom line this set came in 4th place at the HDTV shootout a couple weeks ago and did very well post calibration.

I will post my settings when Dnice comes to my house to calibrate this set and install the ISF modes.
post #108 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 10:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Pioneer plasma lol...long shot.

For that u just have to be content with 52 , hx 909
post #109 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Actually, I have spent some time with the LG LX9500 and although I know of (and have seen) the banding issues, the off-axis viewing is MUCH better than the Sony and since the banding issue is much more tolerable and less noticeable(for me), I am leaning towards purchasing that model instead. As for the "torch" setting, yes, I saw that, but I also tried countless custom settings but the Reds always seemed oversaturated in relation to the other colors. I thought the LG colors seemed more natural. It may have just been my panel but I wanted to clarify that point. I am not trying to "sell" anyone on anything. Just my experience with the set...

Well...do like we do here in Texas. Take it outside, shoot it and bury it on the spot. End of problem (:
post #110 of 480 Old 09-22-2010, 11:24 PM

Really looking forward for some more feedback about 55" nx810 , because I'm thinking of buying one next month.
Any idea if this set is capable of playing .mkv files from usb ?
Does the WiFi have a -n standard ?
thanks

Giger
post #111 of 480 Old 09-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Maybe it's due to their recent release, but the pricing on a 60LX900 is cheaper than the a 60NX810. I hope as the 810's become more available at stores the pricing will come down.
post #112 of 480 Old 09-23-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigerfin View Post

Really looking forward for some more feedback about 55" nx810 , because I'm thinking of buying one next month.
Any idea if this set is capable of playing .mkv files from usb ?
Does the WiFi have a -n standard ?
thanks

Giger

For the heck of it, I just tried playing a MKV from a network share on my network, and the same MKV from a USB stick. It'd play over the network, didn't show up at all when I had it on a USB stick.

Yes, it wireless supports N (both 2.4ghz and 5ghz).
post #113 of 480 Old 09-23-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covet View Post

For the heck of it, I just tried playing a MKV from a network share on my network, and the same MKV from a USB stick. It'd play over the network, didn't show up at all when I had it on a USB stick.

Yes, it wireless supports N (both 2.4ghz and 5ghz).

Nice , what media server are you running , or was it just a shared folder ? It was played as .mkv and it was not recoded on the fly as so many software is able to do that ?
This is really good news , and I can probable get'rid of my laptop from my living room if this is the case.
Thanks.

Giger
post #114 of 480 Old 09-24-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigerfin View Post

Nice , what media server are you running , or was it just a shared folder ? It was played as .mkv and it was not recoded on the fly as so many software is able to do that ?
This is really good news , and I can probable get'rid of my laptop from my living room if this is the case.
Thanks.

Giger

That's a good question. I believe it was from the shared folder. But it does show all the media that's available on all my computers. And they only advertise those via the internal Windows media sharing. (none of them share folders outside of the HTPC I accessed the mkv from)
post #115 of 480 Old 09-24-2010, 09:21 PM

Anyone noticing flashlighting?
post #116 of 480 Old 09-25-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digmor crusher View Post

Anyone noticing flashlighting?

No. They did a good job with the NX810's and the flashlighting.

Hardly noticable if at all.
post #117 of 480 Old 09-25-2010, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Does the 60" have a swivel base or is it fixed?
post #118 of 480 Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 AM

The 60" has a swivel base.

I'm thinking of the 60" NX810 or the LX900. Not quite ready to pull the trigger.
post #119 of 480 Old 09-27-2010, 02:08 PM

How about reflections? I've seen the HD shoutout on youtube and it seems that Sony has done a great job with their glass front. It seems that it's non reflective while LX9500 reflects everything.
I am also waiting for more reports about flashlighting and uniformity.

P.S. I've thought of buying LG but I should consider Sony also.
post #120 of 480 Old 09-27-2010, 02:09 PM

What's flashlighting?

Ben R.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page