Official LG xxLD550 xxLD520 xxLD650 Owners Thread - Page 170 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #5071 of 5083 Old 06-08-2014, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I've got the 42LD550, and for the life of me can't figure out how to get to HBO Go. What do I need to do?

Thank you!
Belle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5072 of 5083 Old 06-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybelle View Post

Hi all,

I've got the 42LD550, and for the life of me can't figure out how to get to HBO Go. What do I need to do?

Thank you!
Belle

You can't add it because it is not an option for your 2010 TV. Plus HBO Go implies HBO movies on the go. Your 42 inch TV is not a portable device.

Click For My Website - www.E55AMG.com

post #5073 of 5083 Old 06-08-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post

You can't add it because it is not an option for your 2010 TV. Plus HBO Go implies HBO movies on the go. Your 42 inch TV is not a portable device.

Thanks for the response. I had hoped I could access it via a browser, but don't have a browser on my ANCIENT tv smile.gif
post #5074 of 5083 Old 06-08-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybelle View Post

Thanks for the response. I had hoped I could access it via a browser, but don't have a browser on my ANCIENT tv smile.gif

Can I use Chromecast with my TV?
post #5075 of 5083 Old 06-08-2014, 06:13 PM

Also, what about subtitles on Netflix?
post #5076 of 5083 Old 06-08-2014, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked: 378
I use an AppleTV2 to access HBO Go on my LD520. Other STB's may offer HBO Go as an option as well. However, you do know that you have to subscribe to HBO to use it on devices such as AppleTV2, Kindle, phones, etc. It's not a free service. Subtitles on Netflix may be dependent upon the device you use as well.
post #5077 of 5083 Old 06-09-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

I use an AppleTV2 to access HBO Go on my LD520. Other STB's may offer HBO Go as an option as well. However, you do know that you have to subscribe to HBO to use it on devices such as AppleTV2, Kindle, phones, etc. It's not a free service. Subtitles on Netflix may be dependent upon the device you use as well.

Right, of course I subscribe to HBO. I'm pretty sure I can do the same with ChromeCast. I'll give it a go!
post #5078 of 5083 Old 12-24-2014, 07:54 PM

Liked: 0
Reviving an old thread. I've had my 42LD550 for over 3 years now and I've loved it. I got awesome calibration settings right out of this very thread when I bought it. Unfortunately in the last few weeks the HDMI ports seem to have a problem. I've been troubleshooting it and it doesn't look good. Here's what I've found:

The Direct TV box works on any of the 4 hdmi ports with any of my cables, but after 10 mins or so will start to flicker and eventually go black with just audio.
My PS3 and XBox360 will not get any video/sound at all. When I turn them on I still get the 'new input device has been detected', then it tries to connect and says 'no signal'. These have worked for years with no issues. I've swapped to known working cables and switched hdmi ports with the same results.
DVD player gets the same result.
I just bought an Xbox One and it does the same as the other 2 gaming units and the DVD player.

I also have an LG projector. If I attach any of the devices with any of my hdmi cables to the projector, they work fine.

Anyone have any idea how the hdmi ports went bad on my tv or how to correct? It's very strange to me that the DirectTV box sort of works but nothing else will get a signal at all. I was hoping the kids could play the new Xbox for xmas but I think I'll have to get new tv over the weekend.
post #5079 of 5083 Old 01-15-2015, 10:40 AM

Liked: 0
I have the same problem as kmor. But none of my HDMI ports work at all. The other ports are fine. It says "connecting" and then goes to "No Signal". Everything else works fine, I can watch Netflix, etc. I've tried to update FW and reset the system, but no luck. Anyone know how to use the diag port? Is there some way I could tell that the board is toast? Would rather try debugging first before looking for a new display.
post #5080 of 5083 Old 01-15-2015, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked: 378
FWIW I have the LD520 and it is running and looking like it did right out of the box. I only use HDMI 1 because everything else goes thru the receiver. Occasionally I may us another port if I want to connect something else but it's always worked. The Diagnostics Port is just that, for diagnostics by a certified technician. I've only heard of one person messing with that and they ended up buying a new tv.
post #5081 of 5083 Old 03-13-2015, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I've been reading this forum for some quite time, but just registered today. We bought a 42LD550 when it came out about 5 years ago, and it has performed flawlesly until last month when it ran into the very well known "HDMI No Signal" issues; the other inputs remained unnafected as other users commented. Based on my research there's no other way to solve this issue than replacing the motherboard EBT60932317 ($229 + TAX + S&H in Amazon), so we bought a new one, I just replaced it yesterday and voilá!, HDMI again. The card came with newer cables so I took the time to replace them as well, the process it's very simple and straightforward, perhaps it's same solution any TV technician would recomend when running into these kind of problems, but a lot cheaper if taking the DIY route of course; it doesn't even need a firmware update. The only drawback it's the high price of the new part which made me think for a brief moment if it was worth to fix a 5 year old TV or buy a new one, but 4k and such are not in my budget plans in the near future.
johnniedoo likes this.
post #5082 of 5083 Old 03-14-2015, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkens View Post
I've been reading this forum for some quite time, but just registered today. We bought a 42LD550 when it came out about 5 years ago, and it has performed flawlesly until last month when it ran into the very well known "HDMI No Signal" issues; the other inputs remained unnafected as other users commented. Based on my research there's no other way to solve this issue than replacing the motherboard EBT60932317 ($229 + TAX + S&H in Amazon), so we bought a new one, I just replaced it yesterday and voilá!, HDMI again. The card came with newer cables so I took the time to replace them as well, the process it's very simple and straightforward, perhaps it's same solution any TV technician would recomend when running into these kind of problems, but a lot cheaper if taking the DIY route of course; it doesn't even need a firmware update. The only drawback it's the high price of the new part which made me think for a brief moment if it was worth to fix a 5 year old TV or buy a new one, but 4k and such are not in my budget plans in the near future.
I , too, have been reading this forum thread for as long as it's been here. Posted a couple of times but mostly gained an enormous amount information and so many bits and pieces regarding my LG 42LD550 I am eternally grateful to those stalwart posters and thread starter.
MY LD550 has also performed flawlessly over the years, I got it brand new as soon as it was reviewed. I just happened to be looking for a new tv at that exact time and was lucky, so far.I had been looking around for the potential upcoming costs I would need to prepare for (in the DIY category) ; anyone can call the tech.
I really appreciate you for the time you took to post this experience as I am preparing for the eventuality of the motherboard failure as a bad case scenario-I do not know, yet, what a worst case might be. I saw the Amazon listing for a capacitor replacement kit for about $16 (at this time) for the screen issue the LCD alternatives LD42550-UD is how it is listed there
I have racked up lots of hours on this, way beyond the "normal" so am far nearer the maximum guess of how many hours these are good for-which is for the screen , I think. So, seeing these posts really only make me feel better psychologically, but in reality, something other than what i plan for or expect to go will necessitate a new model in the end.
But,
Thanks anyway

LG42LD550, ONKYO TX SR608, POLK M70s 7.1POLK 10"SUB, LG BD570, PINNACLE USB PVR-HD. GA990FXA UD3, SAPPHIRE HD 7950 OC 3Gb GDDR5, AMD FX-8150BE@4.0, 16Gb GSKILL DDR3 1600, SSD: CRUCIAL M4 128Gb, HDD: 3- 1TB SPINPOINT F3, WD4GB MY BOOK DUO LAN CLOUD , CISCO E3200, TP LINK 8PORT SWITCH; CISCO DOCS3.0
post #5083 of 5083 Old Today, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I searched, but couldn't find a thread discussing the 2015 LF6300 model TVs. So, hope you don't mind if I try my question here. The spec sheet says this TV has an RS232 input. However, I can't seem to locate this input. I've tried contacting LG support, but have been frustrated by promises to "get back to me with an answer" but never hearing from them again.

Anyone have an idea where this port is located on the TV? FYI, my goal is to connect to a home theater control system (iPad running Roomie Remote).

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page