Is there any way to re-center the display on an ATI 5850 through HDMI? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-20-2010, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm a bit new here, so apologies if this is in the wrong forum or the answer is obvious to some of you, or anything like that. My computer is using an ATI 5850 graphics card, and sometimes I connect to my Vizio 32" TV (don't remember exactly what model, I got it around two years back at costco, though) and I noticed that the picture is not quite centered. It's a little bit too far up and to the left, so even when I use the ATI catalyst tools to set a custom resolution so that it will fit correctly, there will be a little gap on the right and bottom. The only other tool I've found that is capable of repositioning the display is Powerstrip, but sadly this feature is not available on my graphics card. Is there any way I can fix this, either through some kind of registry tweak, or another program like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-20-2010, 05:56 PM

I know that when I recently plugged in my HDTV to my ati card I had a similar issue.

Im not sure if you have thought of this or tried this. However with my ATI card it was set to overscan by a certain percentage. I had to change it to 0%, then the picture fit perfectly on the screen. No changes to resolution need to be made.

To change overscan settings go to CCC. Click graphics up at the top, then select Desktop and Displays. You will see a pic of the tv at the bottom, click on that little triangle and click configure. Now you should see a tab called overscan. You want to click that and move the slider to 0% and hit apply.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-20-2010, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapster View Post

I know that when I recently plugged in my HDTV to my ati card I had a similar issue.

Im not sure if you have thought of this or tried this. However with my ATI card it was set to overscan by a certain percentage. I had to change it to 0%, then the picture fit perfectly on the screen. No changes to resolution need to be made.

To change overscan settings go to CCC. Click graphics up at the top, then select Desktop and Displays. You will see a pic of the tv at the bottom, click on that little triangle and click configure. Now you should see a tab called overscan. You want to click that and move the slider to 0% and hit apply.

Yes, I'm aware of how to change the scaling options. The problem is, when I resize it so that the top and left fit to the edge of the screen, the bottom and right still have a gap.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-24-2010, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Hm... No one has any idea, then?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page