Official Sony XBR LX900 Owners' Thread (60LX900, 52LX900, 46LX900, 40LX900) - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Even with the new update my set's presence sensor is at none. Yet the TV shuts off maybe three times a week and then comes on again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmz00 View Post

Has anyone else noticed that the latest update (4.112) seems to have enabled the presence sensor by default?

Yes same here. Was easy enough to put it back to where I had it though.wink.gif

LB
Old 11-24-2012, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone had the opportunity to compare the HX950 side-by-side with the LX900 TV ?

LB
Old 12-02-2012, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Interested to see what else you can do to enhance your 2010 XBR-LX900 PQ ? Check out the "DARBEE Visual Presence DVP 5000 DARBLET HDMI High-Defintion Image Enhancer"http://www.amazon.com/DARBEE-Visual-Presence-High-Defintion-Enhancer/dp/B007S08XBS

See third-party professional review:
http://www.hometheater.com/content/darbee-visual-presence-darblet-video-enhancer

After reading all the internet chatter on this device, I decided to order one for my own XBR-60LX900. The device itself is not much to look at ( a bit cheap looking) but it does perform as intended:

"The Darblet is a plug-and-play unit that does not require tuning or calibration and has simple controls, which are operated by a remote control, During the demo at this year's CES I again perceived an impressive sense of enhanced clarity and resolution, resulting in a greater sense of depth and dimensionality, and thus, realism" http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399154/darbee-vision-darblet/30 post # #34

LB
Old 05-09-2013, 06:32 AM

Liked: 10
I've had my XBR-52LX900 for just under two years now, and I have been having a recurring problem with the automatic shut off on the television.

Basically, the entire unit will shut off and then turn back on immediately - the way it would with the power saver function enabled. However, I have had the power saver and all other presence sensor functions turned off completely. Everything - distance sensor, eco saver, etc. - has been entirely disabled, and yet the television continues to turn off automatically.

The problem is completely intermittent - there is no predicting when the unit will turn off. Sometimes I will go months without the problem occurring, and other times - like last night - the TV will shut off and turn back on four times in a two-hour period. The amount that I use the television does not vary from week to week.

I have called Sony customer support twice about the issue, and nothing seems to solve the problem. I have checked to make sure all plugs are connected tightly, etc. My software is fully updated, and last night the support technician had me totally reset the television and settings. Nevertheless, the problem happened twice again this morning.

I have two theories on what may be causing this issue:

First, the presence sensor camera may be failing. In fact, after the Sony Support technician had me reset the TV last ngiht, I tried to make sure all presence sensor functions were turned off. When I went into the preferences, I received a message saying the presence sensor could not be updated because the camera was not working. Essentially, it seemed that the camera had failed entirely. Nevertheless, this morning I was able to go in and update the presence sensor settings, as the camera was seemingly working again. So my theory is that, if the sensor is in the process of failing or is completely non-functional, this may be confusing the television's software and causing the automatic shutoff to come into play - even though I have all power saver and presence sensor settings turned off.

Second, there may be an issue with the power supply board, which is causing the television to turn off regardless of the presence sensor settings.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue and whether either of my two theories may be correct. Is this a problem anyone else has encountered with the XBR-52LX900?