Official Sony XBR LX900 Owners' Thread (60LX900, 52LX900, 46LX900, 40LX900) - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 515 Old 12-09-2010, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post

That's good to hear!
Gives me hope mine will ship soon!
When did you receive the email conformation of the receipt of your serial number? Mine was the 22nd of Nov.

I just noticed they are back in stock on the Sony style site, for the past week or so it was showing back ordered.
I hope to have mine in time for the bowl games!

Got my confirmation on november 29th. Sent on november 24th started whole process on nov 7th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 515 Old 12-10-2010, 06:27 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post

I didn't have time to read the whole thread but is there any noticeable clouding/flash-lighting with this set.

I'm soon to be in the market for an LCD, the HX909 was on top of my list but the whole transmitter thing bugs me also they are getting harder to come by.

My main concerns with buying an LCD are clouding/flash-lighting.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone ????
post #123 of 515 Old 12-10-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post

Anyone ????

I can let you know once i get mine but it seems to be a crapshoot weather you have issues or not
post #124 of 515 Old 12-10-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrono View Post

I can let you know once i get mine but it seems to be a crapshoot weather you have issues or not

i haven't seen anything that would support "crapshoot whether you have issues or not". i received my 60lx900 and haven't experienced "any" flashlighting or clouding. granted, the testing has not yet begun but i did loop my colors dvd and this set is as good as this technology gets.

i received my bdp-s770 (3d) & vsx-1120-k (avr) this week and will be tweaking over the weekend.

the only issue i have seen so far is bad ghosting while watching u.s. open tennis re-run in 3d (dtv).
post #125 of 515 Old 12-10-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the reply....I'm not going to spend 3k on a crap shoot, might as well get a HX909 with full array local dimming.
post #126 of 515 Old 12-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I'm another owner of a replacement 60". Would not have bought this generation of 3D, but won't look a "free" TV in the mouth.
I see way too much ghosting on the DirecTV 3D programs, EXCEPT the ESPN basketball game. It was like being in the stadium. If others are seing the same thing, I wonder if the ghosting problem is specific to the picture generating broadcast, rather than the capability of the TV set? I'm very new to the 3D process, but if what I am seeing on DirecTV is typical, the technology is not ready. BUT, if the ESPN broadcast is an indication of what can be done with the current TV sets, I'm all for it. I don't have a 3D-capable BluRay player, yet; and won't get one if it's the current state of playback technology that's causing the ghosting. On the other hand, if it's the skill of the broadcast engineer, I'd be willing to step up, as this could just be an experience thing. Comments?
post #127 of 515 Old 12-10-2010, 12:02 PM

Ted99, I total agree with your comments regarding ESPN 3D. It appears that the closeup images in a frame have the ghosting. I do have a Sony 3D player and find that the movies I have seen do not have that particular problem. I'm just waiting for some good NON cartoon movies.
post #128 of 515 Old 12-10-2010, 12:24 PM

There is someone on here who had to take apart their set to get rid of clouding in the corners of their set. That should not need to be done on a tv of this caliber. Im only gttin this set because its a replacement for me sxrd 60 xbr2 i do have high hopes for this set though and hope to have a screen like yours that is fully uniform. Just got my shipping confirmation this afternoon should be here soon.
post #129 of 515 Old 12-11-2010, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

OK I got the email & my 60" should be here Monday.
What are you all using for a 3D source & what is the best 3D you've seen so far?

I have the Oppo BDP-93 for Blu-Ray 3D, Playstation 3 for 3D Games, Directv has some 3D so I have some 3D ready to go but would like to see what is the best source.

"Racing is........Life.......Everything before & after is just waiting"
post #130 of 515 Old 12-12-2010, 09:14 AM

my set has shipped as well, confirmed today.
post #131 of 515 Old 12-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted99 View Post
I'm another owner of a replacement 60". Would not have bought this generation of 3D, but won't look a "free" TV in the mouth.
I see way too much ghosting on the DirecTV 3D programs, EXCEPT the ESPN basketball game. It was like being in the stadium. If others are seing the same thing, I wonder if the ghosting problem is specific to the picture generating broadcast, rather than the capability of the TV set? I'm very new to the 3D process, but if what I am seeing on DirecTV is typical, the technology is not ready. BUT, if the ESPN broadcast is an indication of what can be done with the current TV sets, I'm all for it. I don't have a 3D-capable BluRay player, yet; and won't get one if it's the current state of playback technology that's causing the ghosting. On the other hand, if it's the skill of the broadcast engineer, I'd be willing to step up, as this could just be an experience thing. Comments?
I am really disappointed with 3D content on this display, plenty of cross-talk with DirecTV. I have this going through a HCT-350 that supposedly passes thru 3D. I've downloaded all the VOD 3D that D* could handle. I find that I am getting an error during playback of some of this content which states your display does not support 1080p/24 3D content. Can someone confirm this? Try the Panasonic 3D CES vod that is available.

Also I don't have the issue with bright spots that some have reported. Glad there is a fix.
post #132 of 515 Old 12-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
OK I got the email & my 60" should be here Monday.
What are you all using for a 3D source & what is the best 3D you've seen so far?

I have the Oppo BDP-93 for Blu-Ray 3D, Playstation 3 for 3D Games, Directv has some 3D so I have some 3D ready to go but would like to see what is the best source.
I think that is the best setup, I've been using PS3 and waiting for the Oppo. So far not impressed as I see a lot of cross-talk, I think I'm going to try a direct connection.
post #133 of 515 Old 12-12-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotchaa View Post
I am really disappointed with 3D content on this display, plenty of cross-talk with DirecTV. I have this going through a HCT-350 that supposedly passes thru 3D. I've downloaded all the VOD 3D that D* could handle. I find that I am getting an error during playback of some of this content which states your display does not support 1080p/24 3D content. Can someone confirm this? Try the Panasonic 3D CES vod that is available.

Also I don't have the issue with bright spots that some have reported. Glad there is a fix.
i have also seen some beautiful 3d on this set which makes me believe that 3d is going to be a "source" issue. i think, in order to provide better conclusions, that the best form of testing is going to be a direct coupled bd player and a host of 3d bd's....
post #134 of 515 Old 12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthehunter View Post

i have also seen some beautiful 3d on this set which makes me believe that 3d is going to be a "source" issue. i think, in order to provide better conclusions, that the best form of testing is going to be a direct coupled bd player and a host of 3d bd's....

Well I have Alice in Wonderland 3D & my TV is scheduled for delivery in the morning & I have a direct coupled Oppo BDP-93 so I'll let you know what I think!

post #135 of 515 Old 12-12-2010, 06:07 PM

Finally ordered mine (60") on Friday. It should arrive this Tuesday.
post #136 of 515 Old 12-12-2010, 06:09 PM

So I'm guessing the (by now) old adage, "garbage in garbage out" scenario will apply to 3D content as well, the source will dictate the finish? Ha, kinda like wine, or anything else! Mine is on the way, and if the HD is great, then the 3D is all bonus. keep posting everyone, communication is knowledge!
post #137 of 515 Old 12-13-2010, 03:25 AM

Anyone get ISF Calibrated yet or get a nice calibration yet xbr-60lx900? TV Arrives today!!!
post #138 of 515 Old 12-13-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra248 View Post

Anyone get ISF Calibrated yet or get a nice calibration yet xbr-60lx900? TV Arrives today!!!

Mine arrivws today too
post #139 of 515 Old 12-13-2010, 06:27 AM

I'm gonna go with Gotcha's settings to start. You still running same?

Settings:
Preferences>Scene Select>Auto
Preferences>Eco>Power Saving>Low
Preferences>Eco>Light Sensor>off
Preferences>Eco>Position Control>off

Pictures & Display
Picture Adjustments>Setting Memory>Common
Picture Adjustments>Picture Mode>Custom

Backlight: 3
Picture: 61
Brightness: 48
Color: 55
Hue: 0
Color Temperature: Warm 2
Sharpness: 9
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Motionflow: Off
CineMotion: Off

Advanced Settings:
Everything is Off and set to default EXCEPT

Adv. Contrast Enhancer: Low
post #140 of 515 Old 12-13-2010, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Mine arrivws today too

Mine is scheduled for today but tracking still shows it's in TX!

post #141 of 515 Old 12-13-2010, 11:27 AM

Can we stop the "I got mine" or "I will get it on ---". Let's get back to the topic of an OWNER'S thread.
post #142 of 515 Old 12-13-2010, 12:54 PM

Just got mine today no uniformity issues no flashlighting in the corners or clouding. Backlight is set to 5. Havent really made any picture adjustments yet. So far the picture quality seems much nicer then my 60xbr2 though the screen is pretty glossy need to get some better curtains. Havent tried 3d yet.
post #143 of 515 Old 12-13-2010, 05:19 PM

my set arrives tomorrow at... just messing with ya DB! I agree, your right, no need for us to start acting like a little kid at christmas! Back to your regularly scheduled program....
post #144 of 515 Old 12-14-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbdude View Post

my set arrives tomorrow at... just messing with ya DB! I agree, your right, no need for us to start acting like a little kid at christmas! Back to your regularly scheduled program....

I bought mine and it was delivered that very same day, but can understand the "it arrives today" anxiety.

I'm really surprised at the lack of comments and adjustment recommendations, as compared to the 909, 800, 810 owners section....maybe tomorrow when you guys get your sets, sorry couldn't resist!
post #145 of 515 Old 12-14-2010, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post

I've been tinkering with my settings a lot trying to tame the lack of uniformity in the backlight. I started by turning the backlight to minimum and then, using AVS HD 709, I calibrated the best I could by eye.

I can say with certainty that higher backlight settings greatly exacerbate the uniformity problem. With the following settings the backlight uniformity is quite good. I can see bars 17+ on the black level pattern and up to 255 on white. Color is respectable near default.

As long as you have a light controlled environment, I don't believe there is any reason for the backlight to be above minimum. If you are in a room with a lot of ambient light, you'll probably need to raise it up. This set can be a real torch if you want or need it to be.

Backlight: Minimum
Picture: 90
Brightness: 52
Sharpness: Min
Color: 55
Hue: 0

All other settings are off.

What color temperature are you using with these numbers? Right now I am using Warm 2.

Thanks.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #146 of 515 Old 12-14-2010, 08:37 PM

I'm pleased with it. I'm just using "Standard" for both picture and sound on all inputs. Avatar in 3D (PS3) looks good on it, and I'll probably try The Last Airbender 3D on Dish VOD later tonight.
post #147 of 515 Old 12-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmz00 View Post

I'm pleased with it. I'm just using "Standard" for both picture and sound on all inputs. Avatar in 3D (PS3) looks good on it, and I'll probably try The Last Airbender 3D on Dish VOD later tonight.

Do you see any crosstalk with Avatar 3D?

As far as settings, I'd like to see more with specifics from owners so we get a good baseline I posted mine here

I was going to get mine ISF calibrated by UMR today, but I am going to hold off for front projection setup and do them both in April
post #148 of 515 Old 12-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well I have Alice in Wonderland 3D & my TV is scheduled for delivery in the morning & I have a direct coupled Oppo BDP-93 so I'll let you know what I think!

I watched Alice this evening and was very happy with the 3D display, no ghosting/crosstalk...content is key, D* just isn't that great right now.

One thing I do notice is that any motion in 3d in the background has issues, if it's in the foreground it seems to be okay.

Overall can't complain for first gen Sony 3D. Pre-recorded is probably going to be the best content for this.
post #149 of 515 Old 12-17-2010, 11:01 AM

Received my replacement tv, box was damaged on right side and back of box about a third to half way up, it was taped together by shipping company
db schenker. The Styrofoam holding the tv on right rear was split and damaged but tv seemed to be ok. So long story short turned tv on it has a slight smudge
in center of screen about size of a pencil eraser head that shows up in some but not all scenes and about three or four stuck or dead pixels on screen. I
guess my question? Is this acceptable or am I being over analytical from my previous experience with 60xbr1.
The picture quality is pretty good overall, not to much flashlighting just a little in the four corners. Send back or
do the issues seem normal. Deal with it or take chance for worse set?
post #150 of 515 Old 12-17-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodog
Received my replacement tv, box was damaged on right side and back of box about a third to half way up, it was tapped together by shipping company
db schenker. The Styrofoam holding the tv on right rear was split and damaged but tv seemed to be ok. So long story short turned tv on it has a slight smudge
in center of screen about size of a pencil eraser head that shows up in some but not all seens and about three or four stuck or dead pixels on screen. I
guess my question? Is this acceptable or am I being over analytical from my previous experience with 60xbr1.
The picture quality is pretty good overall, not to much flashlighting just a little in the four corners. Send back or
does the issues seem normal. Deal with it or take chance for worse set?
Send back, 4 dead pixels are not acceptable.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page