Thin Vertical Magenta Line on my 42" LCD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-08-2010, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 2007 Magnavox 42" LCD TV (42MF531D/37A). The last few days I've noticed a thin (maybe 1-2 pixels wide) solid magenta vertical line running up and down in the exact same spot. It's not ghosting or anything like that. The picture quality is great...except for this solid magenta line that comes and goes. It seems to happen 5-10 minutes AFTER I first turn on the tv. But not always. There were 2 days it didn't happen at all.

I played with the tv's aspect ratio, altered the picture controls, watched HD and non-HD shows. I made sure the plugs and cable line were secure. I rebooted the HD cable box. I put on a DVD and it was there too. But as I said..it's sporadic. It not always shows up...but when it does...it doesn't stay there permanently. It eventually goes away.

Any ideas what this could be before I go out and buy another TV? Sad...because my 3-year extended warranty just ran out 4 months ago. Figures. I was thinking of maybe trying to get the cable company to swap boxes just in case its a cable box defect.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-08-2010, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

T-CON board needs replacement. It can’t harm to try cleaning contacts between T-CON -> LCD panel first.... it could save you a buck or 2 as well….

Boky
post #3 of 4 Old 09-09-2010, 06:24 AM

A T-Con Board will not cause a single vertcal line. You have a bad Lcd Panel. Sorry
post #4 of 4 Old 09-09-2010, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

And I thought buying a Magnavox was a good brand with some longevity. At least I thought it was 3 years ago. Now I dont even see any Magnavox's out on the market. Will probably go with a Samsung.

However...I rebooted the cable box yesterday and since then (fingers crossed)...there hasn't been a line.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page