AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rig4365 View Post

Hi Folks.

Today I went to changes my screen size to 'Full Pixel' and noticed the label was no longer there. I now have +1, normal, -1 as the options. I assume that +1 is the same as Full Pixel. Anyone else notice this?

George

The adjustment Auto Display has to be turned to OFF. Also, tune in to a HiDef channel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1259 Old 09-25-2011, 06:05 AM

Thanks Vidop and Hugh for replying.

Yes, it turns out I was tuned into a station that was not broadcasting 1080p. It was the first time I had encountered these options.
post #1233 of 1259 Old 11-27-2011, 09:37 AM

I moved with my 55EX710 and now in a country where all transmission is 50hz. The TV supports is as mentioned in specs but my HD cable box that outputs in 50hz doesn't show video, only sound comes through. I connected my 60hz PS3 and I see video via HDMI so my guess is, TV is stuck in 60hz mode. How do I get it to 50hz? I have been searching for hours but no luck. I figured the TV should automatically adjust itself but I guess it's too dumb to do it. If I connect a component, it plays 50hz content. It's only HDMI that's acting weird.

Thanks for any help!
post #1234 of 1259 Old 11-27-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rits399 View Post

I have been searching for hours but no luck.
Thanks for any help!

Did you call Sony Technical support? I'd recommend them as your first resource for issues such as this.
post #1235 of 1259 Old 11-28-2011, 03:59 AM

I called and they say I should go to Home > Settings > Display > Video Input Settings > Color Systems and make the change. When I hit the Home menu, I don't have a Settings option, I have Preferences and Picture and Display. Neither of these options give me a choice of either changing refresh rate or NTSC>Pal. Is there a way I can get there through advanced menu?
post #1236 of 1259 Old 11-28-2011, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rits399 View Post

I called and they say I should go to Home > Settings > Display > Video Input Settings > Color Systems and make the change. When I hit the Home menu, I don't have a Settings option, I have Preferences and Picture and Display. Neither of these options give me a choice of either changing refresh rate or NTSC>Pal. Is there a way I can get there through advanced menu?

Not sure. How about calling them when you're in front of your set and they can help navigate you..
post #1237 of 1259 Old 12-03-2011, 01:25 AM

Hello. Is it possible to fix "blue corners" on this tv? I'm a new here so don't be mean if this question has been asked before.
post #1238 of 1259 Old 12-19-2011, 09:33 AM

I wonder if the Iphone remote can be used with NX710 models? Or if it's not possible, if the NX710 can be updated to support it?
post #1239 of 1259 Old 05-30-2012, 05:42 AM

Can't find any info on this so I'm posting my experiences here and will update as things progress.

I got a KDL55EX710 as a replacement for my 50A2000 with a bad optical block. Paid $200 last year and got it June 8th. I've been satisfied with it until Sunday. The 710 just totally freaked out on me. First no menus would show then the volume and channel buttons on the tv and remote wouldn't respond. Picture and audio was fine but I couldn't turn the channel. Then the TV started making a clicking noise and would power cycle by itself randomly. Factory reset wouldn't work at all.
Got on the phone with Sony and they're sending a repair guy out. They supposedly know which part is bad and the repair folks called me already and are just waiting for parts to be delivered before they come out.
Yesterday I turned on the tv again after having the master power off since Sunday and I guess that was good enough to reset it. The TV worked normally for about 6 hours then began to power cycle again. This morning it's working again. Seems like the auto-off or the motion detector sensor is malfunctioning.
I'm just shy of 12 months and was originally told there was a limited 90day or 6month warranty on this so I'm happy Sony is sending someone out. Just hopes this fixes it.
post #1240 of 1259 Old 05-30-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyTie View Post

Can't find any info on this so I'm posting my experiences here and will update as things progress.

I got a KDL55EX710 as a replacement for my 50A2000 with a bad optical block. Paid $200 last year and got it June 8th. I've been satisfied with it until Sunday. The 710 just totally freaked out on me. First no menus would show then the volume and channel buttons on the tv and remote wouldn't respond. Picture and audio was fine but I couldn't turn the channel. Then the TV started making a clicking noise and would power cycle by itself randomly. Factory reset wouldn't work at all.
Got on the phone with Sony and they're sending a repair guy out. They supposedly know which part is bad and the repair folks called me already and are just waiting for parts to be delivered before they come out.
Yesterday I turned on the tv again after having the master power off since Sunday and I guess that was good enough to reset it. The TV worked normally for about 6 hours then began to power cycle again. This morning it's working again. Seems like the auto-off or the motion detector sensor is malfunctioning.
I'm just shy of 12 months and was originally told there was a limited 90day or 6month warranty on this so I'm happy Sony is sending someone out. Just hopes this fixes it.

Hate to hear this. I got mine about the same time as you did and to date have had no problems whatsoever. Keep us posted as to what the diagnosis is.
post #1241 of 1259 Old 06-14-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyTie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoyrj View Post

Hate to hear this. I got mine about the same time as you did and to date have had no problems whatsoever. Keep us posted as to what the diagnosis is.

Okay so here's an update.

After the last time I reset it in my last post the tv has only powered off once by itself and has otherwise worked flawlessly. The constant clicking has disappeared. The Sony repair contractor called and said the part they needed to replace was on back order and that they'd call back when it came in. That was about a week after calling in on May 27th. I've received 2 more emails saying the part is still on back order. Today Sony called me and said the part they need is on indefinite back order so rather than wait they are sending me out a refurbished same model 55ex710 for free. It will have a 2yr warranty. It should arrive in 5-7 days and the shipper will pick up the bad unit. No charge on anything. Didn't have to request warranty exchange either.

One thing I noticed is that after the last reset that seemed to fix things I now show the extra internet video options that weren't there before. It seems a firmware update never went through a few months ago. Could this be what was causing the problem? The problem could have been a reboot loop. Anyway, the part listed as on indefinite backorder is called a BAL Board. http://ehservice.ca/parts/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=908
I've only had one random reset in 3 weeks now. The SONY logo sound at boot comes randomly, that was one of the initial indications something was not right.

Not ecstatic about a refurb but with customer service like this and a new 2yr warranty I am pleased. Considering I'm the only person having this issue on here this unit seems pretty solid. I'd prefer not having these breakdowns but things happen and I definitely put plenty of hours on my TVs.

Opinion/Rant
Compare this episode to my recent purchase of a Samsung LED TV. It arrived with a small artifact on the screen. I gave Samsung an opportunity to repair it and paid 20 bucks to ship it to them via FedEx. They got it and refused to fix it without me paying them $500. They sent it back USPS and when I opened the box it was in pieces. Totally destroyed. I took the easy way out and returned it to who I bought it from since it arrived with an issue but if I didn't have that option I know I'd still be fighting Samsung for my money. That from a company I spent thousands of dollars with for other recent electronic purchases.
I know Sony has taken a hit in recent years but they've earned my future business where possible. I just hope they can put out some more competitive Android products so I can use their tablets and smart phones.
post #1242 of 1259 Old 07-05-2012, 12:59 PM

LOL Officially not buying anything from SONY ever again. It didn't take long for them to lose a customer who felt reassured that Sony was worth doing business with.

The replacement 55EX710 was here 8 days before dying. The new* (refurb) unit just clicks non-stop and won't turn on at all. Can't reset it. I supposedly have an expedited repair appointment. I won't be waiting a month for resolution this time.

Update**** 7-7-12
This is weird. The tv sat unplugged for 24 hours and I tried to see if it would work and still the same clicking and no picture or anything. My wife tried it again today after maybe another 24+ hours and it started right up. All the settings are intact. Maybe this and my prior issue with the other set are software issues. I'm not doing anything special with the unit besides controlling other Bravia Sync devices like the soundbar and a PS3. Really weird.
I guess if anyone has any menu or power problems let the unit sit for more than 24 hours and up to more than 48 hours and give it another shot. You're unlikely to get help from Sony earlier than that anyway.
post #1243 of 1259 Old 08-11-2012, 12:51 PM

Liked: 15
So what is the most common used setting for the 46ex710 form custom and game modes?
post #1244 of 1259 Old 08-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mine (55") is still working great! Colors, clarity etc... I don't use the guide since I think it is a POS.

---------------------------------------
post #1245 of 1259 Old 08-11-2012, 10:32 PM

Liked: 15
3 words guys plasma
post #1246 of 1259 Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Sorry to Ask , but today I went to power my 1.5 year 46ex710 and no power !!! , I changed the power cord and fuse but no luck... What do you think guys is it fried or maybe the internal psu ? is there an internal fuse before the psu or something. I came here to ask because Tech guys are always lurking here... maybe I can be redirected or something.
post #1247 of 1259 Old 09-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

IMO, I turn OFF the motion sensing function on the tv when I turned it on for the first time. Don't need some wonky feature jacking up my tv set prematurely. The clicking sound is either the power supply gone bad, or the tuner. Sounds like your issue is either the power supply turning itself off due to something else shorting or messed up. A protection feature possibly? Anyways, I hate the navigation menues for tv programing. A real POS IMO. Never use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyTie View Post

post #1248 of 1259 Old 09-09-2012, 08:50 AM

I think it may be the power supply.I found out the part they were replacing was different than the entire circuit board they were trying last time. I have Sony's National Customer (anti)Satisfaction team on it, which means I will probably sue them within the next month. They gave me a defective tv as a settlement for selling me a defective tv. Then replaced the settlement unit with another defective unit. Still no parts yet they tell me they simultaneously have and don't have the parts and I am scheduled and not scheduled for a tech to come out and repair it.
Schroedinger's TV repair, you won't know if it will be fixed or if they're coming until you open your front door.
The person I am dealing with now out of the VP's office* is also a huge douche. I understand his job sucks but this guy has the personality of a colostomy bag. Once this is resolved I'm never doing business with these jackholes again. No excuse for this level of incompetence.
post #1249 of 1259 Old 09-09-2012, 01:32 PM

Liked: 11
I feel kinda bad ... mine's getting a lot of miles on it and has been trouble free ... even stellar ...

One thing I did do is turn off the automatic updates about a year back. Not sure what I've missed in the meantime, but more importantly, not sure that I care. I'd rather that than having an update break the box.

These are just basic generic fixes ...

- With power issues, first thing you might want to do is try unplugging it for a few minutes. Letting the memory clear it's throat can sometimes help.

- Use the power button on the tv itself instead of the remote. Try cycling that several times.

- Any blinking lights? If so, you can probably rule out a ps issue. Sony posts error codes using the red light - count the blinks and call tech support ...

You could also try turning the set on in "tech" mode and doing a full factory reset. There's certain button sequences you need to do on the remote, and it can be dangerous in the wrong hands. You'd also probably lose any account info for subscriptions, so I hope you were taking notes.

Luck with it ...

Life is a journey. Time is a river. The door is a jar ...

post #1250 of 1259 Old 12-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomess023 View Post

3 words guys plasma

Which plasma would you recommend on today's market?
Looking at Panasonic's P55ST50 - but the more I read up about them, the more I'm noticing people are having issue with IR and burn-in.

post #1251 of 1259 Old 07-16-2013, 04:40 PM

Just ran into this on my EX710. Anyone seen this before, have an idea what it could be?

post #1252 of 1259 Old 07-16-2013, 06:40 PM

Same problem with all inputs?

DirecTV Amherst, NY
post #1253 of 1259 Old 07-16-2013, 06:54 PM

Unfortunately yes. It is always in the exact same spot too, doesn't move around, although the actual "discoloration" randomly gets better sometimes
post #1254 of 1259 Old 07-16-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlshops View Post

Unfortunately yes. It is always in the exact same spot too, doesn't move around, although the actual "discoloration" randomly gets better sometimes

BUMMER!!!

By any chance did you get this from SONY as compensation for the defective rear projection TV recall? You might be able to complain that it might be out of warranty, but 2 defective TVs is ridiculous.

GOOD LUCK!!!

DirecTV Amherst, NY
post #1255 of 1259 Old 07-16-2013, 08:05 PM

Yup, will give it a shot, thanks
post #1256 of 1259 Old 07-16-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlshops View Post

Yup, will give it a shot, thanks

Keep us posted!

DirecTV Amherst, NY
post #1257 of 1259 Old 11-09-2013, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi,
I have a dead/defunct three year old 32EX710.
My tenant informed me it wasn't working this morning.
I changed the batteries in the remote control, but that doesn't fix it.
The power light does not light up at all, and there is no click sound when unplugging/replugging the power cable.
Looks like a power issue.
Anyone has experience with this?
I assume it is out of warranty.

Thanks for any advice.
post #1258 of 1259 Old 11-15-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carageuw View Post

Hi,
I have a dead/defunct three year old 32EX710.
My tenant informed me it wasn't working this morning.
I changed the batteries in the remote control, but that doesn't fix it.
The power light does not light up at all, and there is no click sound when unplugging/replugging the power cable.
Looks like a power issue.
Anyone has experience with this?
I assume it is out of warranty.

Thanks for any advice.

Finally made the call tonight, spent 50 minutes on the phone.
Sony offered me a replacement exchange for $195 and 2 years extra warranty for $49.
I would probably get a refurb 32EX720 or 32W650A.
post #1259 of 1259 Old 11-21-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carageuw View Post

Finally made the call tonight, spent 50 minutes on the phone.
Sony offered me a replacement exchange for $195 and 2 years extra warranty for $49.
I would probably get a refurb 32EX720 or 32W650A.

Today, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered Sony gave me a refurbished 40EX523 instead.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page