Samsung LNT4661F Issue's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-14-2010, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is my first post after recently joining the website, so please bear with me. My 46'' Samsung LCD (just over 2 years old) model # LN-T4661F is having issues. The left 50% of the screen is perfectly fine, however the right 50% is very very dark. One can still see action on that side of the screen if the lighting in the scene is bright but anything less than a screen shot of pure daylight is hardly visible. I contacted a TV repair man here in my area and he informed me of the TV having two motors or power supplies (not sure which one). One for each side of the TV. Can anyone direct me to the specific model I should be looking for in order to replace the power or motor or if this is even in fact the actual problem. Thank so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 AM
EG3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Unfortunately Samsung had bad panels in these models that had that exact symptom. The fix was to replace the panel. They also had power supply issues. I would check the power supply for swollen capacitors. I will bet that there are some bad ones on yours if it is over 15 months old.
Check: CM802, CM803, CM807, CM808. Replace these with 35V 1000uf.
Check: CS804, CM812, CM813. Replace these with 16v 1000uf.
Replacing the capacitors may or may not fix the set but the power supply has to run correctly before anything else will and certainly before further troubleshooting.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page