Samsung LN-T4661F Screen Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 09-25-2010, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had my ln-t4661f for 2 years, and recently i had the right hand side of the screen start having issues, at first it went away after 10 or 15 minutes but now its always there. I have replaced the Tcon board and the lvds cable and tried putting pressure on the tabs on the LCD itself.

Here is a video that has the exact issue mine does but on the opposite side of the screen, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7s75pHG2bc

The screen eventually gets filled with the image like in the video but the whole right side is slow to respond, it starts blurring out if something moves an comes back if it becomes static an not moving again.

Im at a loss, im leaning towards the main board being bad but im not sure and im hoping someone has had the same issue an repairing it before i buy more parts.

Thanks in advance for any responses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-28-2010, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

no one? ive seen this same exact issue posted many times in dead threads and not a single person acknowledged it, i know its repairable for a few hundred via repair quotes but no one will tell me exactly what needs to be replaced
post #3 of 13 Old 09-28-2010, 06:00 AM
EG3

Liked: 17
That is the classic example of a 'tab bond' coming loose from the panel or the panel driver board. In short, the sure way to fix it is to replace the panel which will probably be uneconomical to repair.
There are however, some posts dealing with DIY repairs especially with Sony sets. I believe there is one that is especially helpful that was posted by OnlyTono. Try doing an advanced search for this user.
post #4 of 13 Old 09-28-2010, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

thanks
post #5 of 13 Old 09-29-2010, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

so pretty much if the tcon board an the lcds cable did nothing its the tab bonds?
post #6 of 13 Old 09-30-2010, 03:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Check the photo; the red arrows pint to the exact TAB area that looses connectivity between ribbon cable and glass substrate. That is exactly the point where you have the TAB problem (well, somewhere along the full length of the LCD panel...)

Boky
LL
post #7 of 13 Old 10-01-2010, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, used the bumpon things an fixed it, but sadly i didnt notice the lcd has moved roughly a 1/10th of an inch when putting the metal frame back on an cracked the screen, but the tv works perfectly
post #8 of 13 Old 10-01-2010, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

there you go.... it is possible to fix the TAB issue quite reliably for long period of time... it's just that some experience and attention to detail is needed... now that you know how to fix the problem, try to get second hand Sony/Samsung with the same problem (for next to nothing!) and fix it yourself - you'll end up having great TV.

Boky
post #9 of 13 Old 10-09-2010, 11:50 AM

So, by repairing the ribbon connection on the panel, the problem you were having shown in the video was it fixed? I'm having the same issues and would like to know what you used to repair the loose connection. Thanks in advance for your help!
post #10 of 13 Old 04-17-2011, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Boky View Post

Check the photo; the red arrows pint to the exact TAB area that looses connectivity between ribbon cable and glass substrate. That is exactly the point where you have the TAB problem (well, somewhere along the full length of the LCD panel...)

Boky

Do you have pics of what to take apart to get to that area?

I already took care of the caps a while ago and decided to tackle the tab to get rid of my vertical lines.

I'm sure I could figure it out, but pics and notes are always appreciated.

thanks
post #11 of 13 Old 04-19-2011, 02:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox1541 View Post
Do you have pics of what to take apart to get to that area?

I already took care of the caps a while ago and decided to tackle the tab to get rid of my vertical lines.

I'm sure I could figure it out, but pics and notes are always appreciated.

thanks
Service Manual (ANY LCD TV service manual) will contain an exploded diagram of an LCD TV. This will help you obtain a general understanding what parts you need to remove in what order.

See how you'll go with that. Google "LCD TV service manuals"...

Once you feel you've learned enough, try to disassemble the TV. Come back to this thread if you have any specific questions.

Good luck,
Boky
post #12 of 13 Old 10-30-2011, 07:48 AM

Hi guys,

Me and my brother bought the same samung 4661f LCD back in 2007.

He recently had the famous capacitor issue, wich I've been have to have samsung replace it last week.

Now he have those symptoms of 75% of the screen dark/brown colors and slow respond. Just as this member

Since I cant post link: showthread.php?p=18996073#post18996073

Since we both have the same TV, I've replaced the Mainboard, Powerboard, and the so called TCON... But I guess it's related to the famous TAB connectors? What you guys thinks?

Thanks
post #13 of 13 Old 06-27-2014, 05:57 PM

Felt compelled to comment on this old thread just to say thanks. My 6-year old LNT4661F started having black lines and a darkened section at the top of my screen. Bought this at $1500 back in the day, so it was annoying that it failed in only 6 years. Since it was my parent's TV at this point, we replaced it with a slightly bigger Vizio (for $350). And so that Samsung TV sat there.

I found this a few months ago, but didn't have the time to actually attempt this repair. After removing a bunch of screws to reveal the tab bonds, I was able to get rid of the lines by putting pressure on the center tabs.

I should point out that I screwed up during the disassembly process. There is a variable resistor on the top of the TV, right underneath the metal frame that hides the tab bonds. I managed to shear it right off the PCB when manipulating the frame. Without it, the screen turns completely white, but words are still slightly visible. Luckily, I was able to solder it back on and everything is fine now. I now have an extra 46" TV that I can put in my room!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays