Official LG 47LX6500/55LX6500 Owners Thread - Page 33 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #961 of 973 Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, Chad thank you for the post on LG 55LX6500
i just bought a Western Digital my book essential 3T external hard drive but my LG 55LX6500 does not recognize the USB, does my TV not support 3T hard drive?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 973 Old 07-30-2012, 05:37 AM

Anybody still uses this TV? LG had stopped updating it frown.gif
post #963 of 973 Old 07-30-2012, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by azlan96 View Post

Anybody still uses this TV? LG had stopped updating it frown.gif
Of course. I'm not going to get rid of a $2000 TV just because the vendor isn't doing firmware updates...
post #964 of 973 Old 08-03-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDFan1970 View Post

Of course. I'm not going to get rid of a $2000 TV just because the vendor isn't doing firmware updates...
I bought my 42LX6500 for $1245. Dont know how much will I get if I decide to sell this TV. Korean makes resale value is really bad
post #965 of 973 Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 PM

I understand this TV is discontinued, but i am now having a issue where the TV is powering off by itself then it turns back on and picture is black unless i power down and power back up on the AV receiver. No settings were changed, no new equipment just confusion. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
post #966 of 973 Old 06-09-2013, 04:58 PM

Hi! I'm recently having the same problem, so a friend has opened mine up! Found that it was due to some short LED in the back lighting! I am desperately looking for it now! Any idea where I might find it online?! I've been hysterically searching for it! We badly need the service manual for this!!
thnx.

Atish
post #967 of 973 Old 06-09-2013, 05:00 PM

Hi! Anyone got the service manual for the XX LX6500? Please help!
post #968 of 973 Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECEC View Post

Hi all, I've had this TV since January and I'm having a weird issue with it. I have a 360, PS3, and an HTPC all connected to an Onkyo receiver via HDMI. The Onkyo connects to the TV via HDMI. I have a Universal Remote (MX810) that I've programmed to control everything.

Recently the TV has started exhibiting some weird behavior. The set will power on, but will behave like it is receiving remote commands from somewhere. I've seen the volume OSD appear, the menu appear, etc. During this time the set will not respond to any remote commands, either via the included remote or my MX810. Eventually the OSD items will disappear, and it will start responding to remote commands. Other times, I have to physically unplug the set to "reboot" it and have it act normally. There are no problems with the actual screen during this time, and it doesn't happen every single time.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest firmware. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hey guys,

This thread is pretty much dead, but I'm wondering if anyone is still having the same issues as ECEC above.  I'm having exactly the same issue, and it's only getting worse.  Sometimes it would happen once, then after a reset it wouldn't happen for another few weeks.  It's happening every day for me now.  I contacted LG but they aren't aware of this issue.  It seems to be a software bug, as the issue goes away when the HDMI source is unplugged.  I haven't tried using the component inputs instead of HDMI, but who wants to do that?

post #969 of 973 Old 11-05-2013, 04:35 PM

I've had this set for a few years now...3D stopped working correctly which wasn't a big deal as it was hardly used (active glasses/set ftl)...today we turned it on and sure enough, the right hand side of the display is black/dark (rest looks normal).

I have to figure LED(s) on that side are gone.

I think I'm just outside of my store service plan also!
post #970 of 973 Old 11-06-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCappy View Post

Hey guys,

This thread is pretty much dead, but I'm wondering if anyone is still having the same issues as ECEC above.  I'm having exactly the same issue, and it's only getting worse.  Sometimes it would happen once, then after a reset it wouldn't happen for another few weeks.  It's happening every day for me now.  I contacted LG but they aren't aware of this issue.  It seems to be a software bug, as the issue goes away when the HDMI source is unplugged.  I haven't tried using the component inputs instead of HDMI, but who wants to do that?

Well I believe I found a workaround.  I was thinking that the touch panel was falsely activating, and using a guide here I was able to use my Harmony remote to get into the EZ-Adjust menu.  At the bottom is the Touch Sensitivity Settings.  This displays the real-time values of button presses, and allows for a threshold to be set.  In real-time I was able to see the buttons get activated when nothing was even near the panel.  I bumped the threshold to the max (effectively disabling the buttons) and the issue hasn't happened since.  I hope this helps someone who is having the same issue.

post #971 of 973 Old 09-05-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

After almost a year after your post, I'm hoping this fixes my problem!

Over the last two days, my 55LX6500 has decided to turn itself ON at all times of the day and night. I've adjusted the touch sensitivity, but the menu doesn't show any "errant" touches while I watched it. I have no idea what else it could be, though, because the TV "beeps" when it comes on, and that ONLY happens when the touch panel is used.

We shall see!!
post #972 of 973 Old 09-05-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDFan1970 View Post
After almost a year after your post, I'm hoping this fixes my problem!

Over the last two days, my 55LX6500 has decided to turn itself ON at all times of the day and night. I've adjusted the touch sensitivity, but the menu doesn't show any "errant" touches while I watched it. I have no idea what else it could be, though, because the TV "beeps" when it comes on, and that ONLY happens when the touch panel is used.

We shall see!!
I'm glad this might have been a help to someone! However, it didn't fix my issue, although it certainly happens less frequently. My next step if it gets any worse is to attempt to remove the touch panel, well, if the IR sensor isn't attached to it. For now I'm able to live with it until I upgrade to something larger.
post #973 of 973 Old 09-08-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCappy View Post
I'm glad this might have been a help to someone! However, it didn't fix my issue, although it certainly happens less frequently. My next step if it gets any worse is to attempt to remove the touch panel, well, if the IR sensor isn't attached to it. For now I'm able to live with it until I upgrade to something larger.
Well, no, this wasn't the problem... Today while watching TV for maybe 20 minutes, the thing made an odd noise and shut off.

It won't power up at all now... 4 year old $2400 TV now seams to be toast...

Anyone know of any "tricks" to try?

I pulled the power plug and let it "rest" for a while, but nothing is coaxing it back to life...
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page