Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 973 Old 11-16-2010, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarmanDXE View Post
I had no problem downloading the pictures. Looking forward to playing Gran Turismo 5 in 3D!

I'll let you know in January once I have my PS3

Nothing that I know of yet

FYI: A post just got deleted for "listing a non-MSRP".

Anyway, I find black levels are great if you turn down the backlighting. And, for 2D, this TV is simply amazing! But yes, 3D is still in its infancy. I'm definitely satisfied with mine and certainly hoping for some firmware updates which will fix this!
No TV is perfect, so I can stand the local dimming problems and black levels. On my Regza 46SV670U I can never tell the TV from the picture when it comes to being in the dark room. Its really cool but not a 55LX6500. Thanks for the correction on the MSRP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 973 Old 11-16-2010, 07:55 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by allencc3 View Post

No TV is perfect, so I can stand the local dimming problems and black levels. On my Regza 46SV670U I can never tell the TV from the picture when it comes to being in the dark room. Its really cool but not a 55LX6500. Thanks for the correction on the MSRP.

Yeah... was trying to say you should go back and edit your post!
post #183 of 973 Old 11-16-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the tip. I will look over my manual to see how I can change it from 55 to 400. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who actually loves this TV. I feel that it was money very well spent. From reading all the complaints about the TV, I was ready to exchange it for a DLP or PLASMA. I am glad I didnt listen to everyone. I thought that my Toshiba LED Regza had an amazing picture. This LG is almost twice as nice. However, The black levels on the Regza are much better. A word of advice to anyone who is thinking about buying, "Buy It." I got my 55" + BX850 + 4 pair of 3d glasses for 1699. It is fairly new. Don't listen to the complaints, LG will be rolling out firmwares to fix the issues. I feel people are giving up on it before it gets good. If you look up the Samsung models which are supposed to be better, look at the starting-out posts to see all the ghosting and crosstalk issues they were having before firmware updates. There are many people complaining about the Samsung 720p Plasma as well. Things will get better for this 55LX6500. Wait and see. 3D is not mainstream yet so there are many improvements that will occur over time. There is no "Ultimate/Superior" 3D TV out yet.

I can verify the results with 400" display. It does help a lot. You do lose the "close up" effect, but generally it is worth it. I had to reset up my "Display Settings" to get the screen size menu option.

I have to say, I'm really down on the 3D at the moment. That being said, it is not just this TV. It's 3D and the industry in general. Its advertised as this great thing, but it's really buggy and limited. There is very little content and even more frustrating is the exclusive deals (e.g. Avatar). I guess I didn't realize how young this technology really is. It's the whole HD DVD/Blu-Ray thing again. Confusing specifications, flaky products and "exclusive" content.

Anyway, I am hopeful with reports of firmware updates cleaning up the problems for other sets. All this being said, it a great 2D set. I love that I can attach a USB drive and play all my kids videos without a player or a computer! The decoder is just awesome. Netflix is great. The picture is great.

My advice is that anybody buying a 3D TV should have proper expectations. Don't buy a 3D TV just for 3D. You are an early adopter! You will have headaches (litterally). Don't pay a huge premium for a 3D set, shop for a deal.
post #184 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 05:00 AM

Tested out Sony Cyber-shot TX-9 with 3D Sweep Panorama with PS3 PlayMemories and the pictures look surprisingly good. No crosstalk.
post #185 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 07:59 AM

Hi again guys. I am working on some settings to post. I almost have near perfect settings for the 360. I want you guys to try them out and give feedback so we can improve. I really, really, really need help with the Color Management System. Please? Once this is done, we will have perfect Expert settings. Standard is OK, but I want full tweaking down to Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Cyan/Magenta colors. Cnet posted the perfect ones for my regza but I know if we work together, we can come up with them. I played Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 on the 360 last night while tweaking the standard setting. Looks awesome. I have to test out a few more games before I post them though. I did play using the 2d to 3d as well. It added a pretty cool effect that I look forward to getting used to. I will def. be playing as soon as I get off. I also tried the Black Ops 3d mode and it was also pretty cool. But I am gonna the 400" trick to see how it effects the 3d gaming. One question though, If I reset picture settings to be able to change to 400', will I lose all settings so far for ALL inputs?
post #186 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 08:13 AM

I'm not sue what you're doing using anything other than Game Mode for your XBox 360...
post #187 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:

I'm not sue what you're doing using anything other than Game Mode for your XBox 360...

For my love of TruMotion. I can not use it in GAME mode. The lag is kind of annoying, but depends on what you are playing. I tried playing Hot Shots on ps3 in standard w/TruMotion. I will never do it again. I play more RPGs than anything, so I can deal with the lag sometimes. The only way I have seen to improve is by turning TruMotion off. Does local dimming add lag as well? I plan to do at least Standard, Game, Sports, and Expert for both the PS3 and 360. Cinema mode will only be for PS3(ps3 media server) and my BX850. Hope this answers your question. I have played Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, God of War 3, and Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 without MAJOR lag. There IS lag present though. Games I could not stand the lag in was Vanquish, Bioshock 2, and Hot Shots Golf. Tru motion just looks so great with SOME games, like UNStorm2. One thing I can say tough, I have never experienced lag before. Not ever. I guess my Regza is a great set since I play all my games in Standard mode on it with no noticeable lag. But that could also be because there is no trumotion.
post #188 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 08:47 AM

I have the 55LX6500 and BX580 combo. Got everything hooked up last night and watched Terminator Salvation.

I used these settings: (thanks for the settings sarqmusic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarqmusic View Post

INPUT: HDMI

Energy Saving: Medium
Picture Mode: Cinema
Backlight: 30
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 60
Sharpness: 50
Color: 50
Tint: 0
Color Temp.: W25
Dynamic Contrast: Medium
Dynamic Color: High
Clear White: Low
Skin Color: 0
Noise Reduction: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: High
Gamma: Medium
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: On
Color Gamut: Wide
TruMotion: User (Judder: 0, Blur: 10)
LED Local Dimming: On

The picture quality is OK, nothing spectacular though, it definitely needs more tweaking but is getting pretty close. My problem is that with these settings, the picture looks far to grainy, it doesn't look very clean at all.
post #189 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:

For my love of TruMotion. I can not use it in GAME mode. The lag is kind of annoying, but depends on what you are playing.

Yeah, I'm right there with you... My Wii looks pretty bad without Trumotion. Was hoping my (future) PS3 would look a lot better seeing as it should be able to push more than 480p I will definitely be experimenting too. Thanks for your comments: will be a good starting point!

Quote:

One thing I can say tough, I have never experienced lag before. Not ever. I guess my Regza is a great set since I play all my games in Standard mode on it with no noticeable lag. But that could also be because there is no trumotion.

60 Hz TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleful View Post

The picture quality is OK, nothing spectacular though, it definitely needs more tweaking but is getting pretty close. My problem is that with these settings, the picture looks far to grainy, it doesn't look very clean at all.

What are you feeding your TV? Is it a high-def signal?
post #190 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 09:39 AM

[quote=StarmanDXE;19502008]Yeah, I'm right there with you... My Wii looks pretty bad without Trumotion. Was hoping my (future) PS3 would look a lot better seeing as it should be able to push more than 480p I will definitely be experimenting too. Thanks for your comments: will be a good starting point!

60 Hz TV?

It says 240Hz on the Toshiba site. 46SV670U is the model. It has been an awesome TV so far. But like I said, no TruMotion. If you have it, check out the Final Fantay Advent Children Bluray with Trumotion.
post #191 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 AM

Guys, is the LX6500 glossy or matte? I thought it is glossy but now i'm confused.... thanks!
post #192 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor444 View Post

Guys, is the LX6500 glossy or matte? I thought it is glossy but now i'm confused.... thanks!

It's definitely not glossy. Maybe it's "semi-matte"?
post #193 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:

What are you feeding your TV? Is it a high-def signal?

That was with Terminator Salvation (BD) going through the BX580. All connections are HDMI. The picture quality looks almost exactly the same when viewing an HD channel from DirecTV as well.

I also popped in Hot Tub Time Machine after Terminator and it looked the same as well.
post #194 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:

It's definitely not glossy. Maybe it's "semi-matte"?

I guess all current matte TVs can be specified as semi-matte..
post #195 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleful View Post

That was with Terminator Salvation (BD) going through the BX580. All connections are HDMI. The picture quality looks almost exactly the same when viewing an HD channel from DirecTV as well.

I also popped in Hot Tub Time Machine after Terminator and it looked the same as well.

Energy Saving: Medium - Please Turn this OFF
Picture Mode: Cinema
Backlight: 30 - Backlight should go higher
Contrast: 85 - Contrast a little lower
Brightness: 60 - Brightness should be lower
Sharpness: 50
Color: 50
Color Temp.: W25 - Way too warm for me but depends on Gamma/Black level
Dynamic Contrast: Medium - Should be OFF
Dynamic Color: High - Should be OFF
Clear White: Low - this is OK or Turn off depending on color temp warmth
Digital Noise Reduction: High - I keep mines OFF
Gamma: Medium - This is tricky. REALLY depends on Black lev/Gamma /brightness/Backlight
Black Level: Low - Depends on source and should be the first setting you fix before tweaking. Example: If PS3 is set to Full(not limited) black level should be "high." 360: if set to "Expanded" it needs to be "high". I you use limited or beginner reference level, Black level should be "LOW"
Real Cinema: On

This will help. But keep in mind that everyone has their own version of the Best Picture Possible. I may think my settings are the best possible for this TV while you think it needs improvement. Also the most important settings to keep and eye on are Contrast, Backlight, Brightness, and Gamma. They all affect black levels in some way. In other words, you can get away with having the backlight at 30 if you know how to make up for the darkness using the other 3. I try to get my blacks as black as the edge of the TV while not crushing. My Standard 360 settings' blacks are very close to the color of the TV while in a dark room. But like I said, I have more testing to do just to make sure I am not crushing the blacks. I am only getting started. I will pop in BatMan:AA since it is a dark game, and see what my blacks are doing. Then Silent Hill and fallout 3. These are my digital video essentials.
post #196 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the tip. I will look over my manual to see how I can change it from 55 to 400. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who actually loves this TV. I feel that it was money very well spent. From reading all the complaints about the TV, I was ready to exchange it for a DLP or PLASMA. I am glad I didnt listen to everyone. I thought that my Toshiba LED Regza had an amazing picture. This LG is almost twice as nice. However, The black levels on the Regza are much better. A word of advice to anyone who is thinking about buying, "Buy It." I got my 55" + BX850 + 4 pair of 3d glasses for cheap. It is fairly new. Don't listen to the complaints, LG will be rolling out firmwares to fix the issues. I feel people are giving up on it before it gets good. If you look up the Samsung models which are supposed to be better, look at the starting-out posts to see all the ghosting and crosstalk issues they were having before firmware updates. There are many people complaining about the Samsung 720p Plasma as well. Things will get better for this 55LX6500. Wait and see. 3D is not mainstream yet so there are many improvements that will occur over time. There is no "Ultimate/Superior" 3D TV out yet.

You're welcome!! You don't need the manual for change that configuration, or if you think you have to do it over the TV configuration (on the TV) is not correct. The configuration that I talking about you have to do it over the Playstation 3 (on the PS3 configuration), that's why I said that is a solution for PS3 Gaming because is an internal configuration on it. So it doesn't affect the other sources on the TV. At the PS3 SYSTEM CONFIGURATION find the DISPLAY CONFIGURATION and then the PS3 will find that you TV it is a 3D TV so it will tell you finally choose the screen size for your TV, choose 400 inches and finish the setup!!

I completely agree about your appreciations!!

By the way: sorry about my English, I'm from Mexico
post #197 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollosoftware View Post

You're welcome!! You don't need the manual for change that configuration, or if you think you have to do it over the TV configuration (on the TV) is not correct. The configuration that I talking about you have to do it over the Playstation 3 (on the PS3 configuration), that's why I said that is a solution for PS3 Gaming because is an internal configuration on it. So it doesn't affect the other sources on the TV. At the PS3 SYSTEM CONFIGURATION find the DISPLAY CONFIGURATION and then the PS3 will find that you TV it is a 3D TV so it will tell you finally choose the screen size for your TV, choose 400 inches and finish the setup!!

I completely agree about your appreciations!!

By the way: sorry about my English, I'm from Mexico

Oh. I remember setting my TV from 50 to 55 inches but forgot how I did it. I think it was after the firmware update. I have not updated my PS3 to 3.50 yet so I reall dont have any 3d settings. I will buy a slim ps3 so I can play online. But I will not update my fat ps3 from 3.41.
post #198 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:

Seriously? You should have just gotten a plasma...
post #199 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:

Seriously? You should have just gotten a plasma...

Sorry about that. Not my settings. I keep MY TruMotion on low. My custom settings for it so far have been judder 3 and blur 4. Pretty close to low. High is kind of trippy. I can only imagine how blurry blur 10 would make the screen.
post #200 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:

Hi again guys. I am working on some settings to post. I almost have near perfect settings for the 360. I want you guys to try them out and give feedback so we can improve. I really, really, really need help with the Color Management System. Please? Once this is done, we will have perfect Expert settings. Standard is OK, but I want full tweaking down to Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Cyan/Magenta colors. Cnet posted the perfect ones for my regza but I know if we work together, we can come up with them. I played Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 on the 360 last night while tweaking the standard setting. Looks awesome. I have to test out a few more games before I post them though. I did play using the 2d to 3d as well. It added a pretty cool effect that I look forward to getting used to. I will def. be playing as soon as I get off. I also tried the Black Ops 3d mode and it was also pretty cool. But I am gonna the 400" trick to see how it effects the 3d gaming. One question though, If I reset picture settings to be able to change to 400', will I lose all settings so far for ALL inputs?

NOP!! YOU DON'T , The configuration that I talking about you have to do it over the Playstation 3 (on the PS3 configuration), that's why I said that is a solution for PS3 Gaming because is an internal configuration on it. So it doesn't affect the other sources on the TV. At the PS3 SYSTEM CONFIGURATION find the DISPLAY CONFIGURATION and then the PS3 will find that you TV it is a 3D TV so it will tell you finally choose the screen size for your TV, choose 400 inches and finish the setup!!
post #201 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:

NOP!! YOU DON'T , The configuration that I talking about you have to do it over the Playstation 3 (on the PS3 configuration), that's why I said that is a solution for PS3 Gaming because is an internal configuration on it. So it doesn't affect the other sources on the TV. At the PS3 SYSTEM CONFIGURATION find the DISPLAY CONFIGURATION and then the PS3 will find that you TV it is a 3D TV so it will tell you finally choose the screen size for your TV, choose 400 inches and finish the setup!!

Thank you sir.
post #202 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor444 View Post

It is Matte, but for me it's a better option because I used to play, watch TV or movies whit some lit light and believe me, it is very very very annoying watching myself in a big screen or watching the Led's from my wireless PS3 controllers for real!! And in 3D is less distracting in matte!!
post #203 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:

oh. I remember setting my tv from 50 to 55 inches but forgot how i did it. I think it was after the firmware update. I have not updated my ps3 to 3.50 yet so i reall dont have any 3d settings. I will buy a slim ps3 so i can play online. But i will not update my fat ps3 from 3.41.

yes!! You have to update the firmware for the ps3 to enable the 3d on your ps3 It doesn’t affects in noting, I have a “FAT and OLD 60GB PS3” and I play online any time, I’m not sure why you said that, but update your FAT and the SLIM, there is no difference aside the Hard Disk capacity.
post #204 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:

yes!! You have to update the firmware for the ps3 to enable the 3d on your ps3 It doesn't affects in noting, I have a FAT and OLD 60GB PS3 and I play online any time, I'm not sure why you said that, but update your FAT and the SLIM, there is no difference aside the Hard Disk capacity.

I don't wanna break any rules, but lets just say that I am waiting on a MAME and Capcom emulator for the PS3. If I update my ps3 I will lose total possibility for homebrew. So, I will just buy another ps3 that I can actually update and play PS MOVE on. If I still had my xbox 1 with the emulators on it, I would just update my PS3. Word of advice, Never let anyone borrow anything that you actually want back.
post #205 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:

Sorry about that. Not my settings. I keep MY TruMotion on low. My custom settings for it so far have been judder 3 and blur 4. Pretty close to low. High is kind of trippy. I can only imagine how blurry blur 10 would make the screen.

The settings really should have been named anti-judder and anti-blur...
post #206 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 01:22 PM

Oh yeah:

FYI, you want to set "Digital Noise Reduction" to "High"
post #207 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:

I don't wanna break any rules, but lets just say that I am waiting on a MAME and Capcom emulator for the PS3. If I update my ps3 I will lose total possibility for homebrew. So, I will just buy another ps3 that I can actually update and play PS MOVE on. If I still had my xbox 1 with the emulators on it, I would just update my PS3. Word of advice, Never let anyone borrow anything that you actually want back.

Ooooo!!! Oooo!!! I got your point!!
post #208 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:

yes!! You have to update the firmware for the ps3 to enable the 3d on your ps3 It doesn't affects in noting, I have a FAT and OLD 60GB PS3 and I play online any time, I'm not sure why you said that, but update your FAT and the SLIM, there is no difference aside the Hard Disk capacity.

There seems to be a difference. Some PS3s, like mine, will not play "Monsters VS Aliens" in 3D. The firmware is broken. I have read it works on the slim and certain fats. CWCM does work.

I too was holding back my firmware too, but I had a Blu-Ray diode failure and upgraded in an attempt to fix the unit (It did not work).
post #209 of 973 Old 11-17-2010, 09:19 PM
D6E

Quote:

I'm really looking forward to your settings. Thanks to Starman I have settings for HD content down but still need XB360/PS3 settings. Let us know how it turns out.

I definitely STILL love this TV. Keep up the great work everyone!

D6E
post #210 of 973 Old 11-18-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D6E View Post

I'm really looking forward to your settings. Thanks to Starman I have settings for HD content down but still need XB360/PS3 settings. Let us know how it turns out.

I definitely STILL love this TV. Keep up the great work everyone!

D6E

Ok. Here we go. These settings are for the 360 using HDMI only. When you try these settings, please make sure that your 360 reference level is set to EXPANDED. And the aspect ratio on the TV needs to be on JUST SCAN, not 16:9. 16:9 stretches the image while "just scan" gives you what appears to be a higher resolution. Compare the xbox logo(bottom right corner) when you switch between the 2. You will see it gets bigger with 16:9.

Standard: Keep in mind that there will be a small amount of input lag depending on the type of game you are playing.

Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Standard
Backlight: 58
Contrast: 79
Brightness: 49
Sharpness: 42
Color: 64
Color Temp.: C24
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Dynamic Color: Off
Clear White: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Gamma: Low
Black Level: High
Real Cinema: Off
TruMotion: Low

Game: For almost no lag.

Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Game
Backlight: 52
Contrast: 82 or 79
Brightness: 49
Sharpness: 42
Color: 64
Color Temp.: C24
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Dynamic Color: Off
Clear White: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Gamma: Low
Black Level: High
Real Cinema: Off
TruMotion: Off
LED Local Dimming: Off

These settings are still under development. Feel free to suggest improvements. I think I tweaked the game mode settings a little more last night but will have to see when I make it back to my TV. So game mode might have a tad bit extra contrast if I remember correctly. I first noticed it in Halo Reach. I also tried EXPERT settings and am still working on them due to the Color Management System. Hope you guys like. PS3 coming soon.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page