Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810) - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 07:49 AM
Member
 
dnwolner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by digmor crusher View Post
Clouding is like a white patch or cloud you notice on a dark screen, usually not noticeable during regular viewing other than on very dark scenes. very common on the newer, thin LED sets, ususally not a warranty fix as the companies say its normal for these sets. Thats why I say I'll live with it, for 90% of my viewing I cannot see it.
So is clouding something that can be seen occasionally on an individual set by set basis or is this consistent across all the NX810 sets? I haven't noticed it, but I'm not sure I'd know what to look for...
dnwolner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchi View Post
Finally received my replacement 55NX810 (which was in a non-dented box, and no shattered display this time - whew!)... looks beautiful!
Here are some pics of it mounted on BDI Avion credenza floating stand...
BTW: Serial is also a 55XXXXX, Made in Mexico.
Looks great!. worth the wait!. Really nice stand!. Can you take some pics while looking thru the 3-d glasses

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sbx007 is offline  
post #543 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Member
 
bentleyazure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Here's pics of mine I just received on Monday. I plan to drywall the room and mount the TV on the wall soon. Excellent picture and 3D is very cool.
LL
LL

Sony 55NX810
Yamaha RX-V675 7.2
PS4 & PS3
Polk Monitor 75T Speakers
Polk RC85i In-wall Speakers
Polk PSW505 12" Subwoofer
bentleyazure is offline  
post #544 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by digmor crusher View Post
Clouding is like a white patch or cloud you notice on a dark screen, usually not noticeable during regular viewing other than on very dark scenes. very common on the newer, thin LED sets, ususally not a warranty fix as the companies say its normal for these sets. Thats why I say I'll live with it, for 90% of my viewing I cannot see it.
Thx, now I have to check mine out for "clouding", from what your saying it's more apparent during dark scenes. I'll look more closely.

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sbx007 is offline  
post #545 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by trininuyawka View Post
Cool. This is just what I needed to hear. Thanks for the feedback!
How did the guy mount hte 3-d transmitter? did you notice if the thing had double sided tape or did it snap in somewhere?? I wasn't watching when the installer put mine up I thought it snapped in but could be double sided tape for all I know. Someone else is asking. Let us know if ya can, curious now whats holding mine on.

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sbx007 is offline  
post #546 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
Guibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

Thx, now I have to check mine out for "clouding", from what your saying it's more apparent during dark scenes. I'll look more closely.

Please don't try to see it. If you don't notice it, pray it remains like this because once you do notice clouding in dark scene, it's very hard not to notice it even more after.

Basically, any dark scene, like generics at the end of a money or a dark scene in a movie (lots of those in Batman Dark knight) or black loading screens in videogames (or videogames with lots of dark area) you will notice them.
Guibs is offline  
post #547 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Member
 
John Carmichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carmichael View Post

I will be installing my 55NX810 in a recessed cavity that I'm constructing in my living room wall. The wall has typical wood studs covered with drywall. I'm redoing the stud arrangements to accommodate the TV. I'll hide most of the TV bezel with a pretty decorative wood frame made by Larson-Juhl.
See
http://www.larsonjuhl.com/p-1538-735...2628&CatId=175

The face of the TV will be mounted so that it is flush with the drywall and it will have an open space all around it. The frame will cover most of the bezel with just ¼ of bezel visible. It will be attached to the wall with Velcro. Fortunately, behind the wall is a utility closet, so I can remove both drywall layers behind the TV to provide good ventilation. Components will be hidden in an antique wood chest underneath the TV. The TV will get its remote control IR signals from a tiny hidden IR emitter behind the frame located just in front of the IR receiver that's in the lower left bezel of the TV. The 3D emitter will be located in the antique wood chest behind black speaker cloth. All cabling will be invisible located in and behind the wall. I'm using a slim Sanus LL11-B1 wall mount ( http://www.sanus.com/ca/en/products/...ile-mount/LL11 ) that's attached to two 1.5" steel angle irons because there is not enough space for wood studs.

I'm replacing my old in wall 45 Sharp TV with the new 55NX810.

The contractors begin work next week. I'll show you photos when it's done. Wish me luck!

Here is a drawing of the frame and a side view of the wall cavity, the new stud configuration, and a photo of my old setup:

My inwall installation of the 55NX810 is finished. What a fun project that was! Here are some photos I took of the construction process and the finished project.
LL
LL
LL
LL

John Carmichael
John Carmichael is offline  
post #548 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Member
 
cruisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, ill be home from uni in a few hrs so i will be able to open my TV. Just wondering, any basic settings i shoudl change right outta the box for the first day? No major tweaking but just some basic on/off settings to get a better picture out of the box?

thanks.
cruisx is offline  
post #549 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Member
 
Maklar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: House of the Mouse, FL
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carmichael View Post

My inwall installation of the 55NX810 is finished. What a fun project that was! Here are some photos I took of the construction process and the finished project.

Looks very nice! Are you worried about heat generation at all?
Maklar is offline  
post #550 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 11:19 AM
 
Viper2847's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto,Canada
Posts: 2,277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisx View Post

Hey, ill be home from uni in a few hrs so i will be able to open my TV. Just wondering, any basic settings i shoudl change right outta the box for the first day? No major tweaking but just some basic on/off settings to get a better picture out of the box?

thanks.

Yeah, turn off the light sensor in the eco menu, and put the backlight down to 2-3, and set it to warm1.
Viper2847 is offline  
post #551 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Member
 
cruisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2847 View Post

Yeah, turn off the light sensor in the eco menu, and put the backlight down to 2-3, and set it to warm1.

will do, also which mode ? standard or custom?
cruisx is offline  
post #552 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 12:31 PM
 
Viper2847's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto,Canada
Posts: 2,277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Usually i always use standard.
Viper2847 is offline  
post #553 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleyazure View Post

Here's pics of mine I just received on Monday. I plan to drywall the room and mount the TV on the wall soon. Excellent picture and 3D is very cool.

Looks great!. drywall the room?? you mean rip out that nice wood paneling, gut the room and put new sheetrock up? BTW, Very nice stand! - the 55"ers don't look much smaller than the 60's ..How is your sound/componants hooked up? looks like you got tons of stuff there? I got basic hdmi's on a ps3, bluray and a settop going into a 470 and out to the TV's arc.. I like that setup, but it's not hte only way to go, hence I'm asking hows the sound hooked up? - thx

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sbx007 is offline  
post #554 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibs View Post

Please don't try to see it. If you don't notice it, pray it remains like this because once you do notice clouding in dark scene, it's very hard not to notice it even more after.

Basically, any dark scene, like generics at the end of a money or a dark scene in a movie (lots of those in Batman Dark knight) or black loading screens in videogames (or videogames with lots of dark area) you will notice them.

thx for "planting the seed".. now I have too see if I can "see" what your talking about..

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sbx007 is offline  
post #555 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisx View Post

Hey, ill be home from uni in a few hrs so i will be able to open my TV. Just wondering, any basic settings i shoudl change right outta the box for the first day? No major tweaking but just some basic on/off settings to get a better picture out of the box?

thanks.

No. try it raw so you have a "baseline".. then you can get "intimate" w/ your expensive TV ;0..IMHO..

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sbx007 is offline  
post #556 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Member
 
bentleyazure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

Looks great!. drywall the room?? you mean rip out that nice wood paneling, gut the room and put new sheetrock up? BTW, Very nice stand! - the 55"ers don't look much smaller than the 60's ..How is your sound/componants hooked up? looks like you got tons of stuff there? I got basic hdmi's on a ps3, bluray and a settop going into a 470 and out to the TV's arc.. I like that setup, but it's not hte only way to go, hence I'm asking hows the sound hooked up? - thx

Yeah, rip out that 70's wood paneling and put up some sheetrock up. Thanks on the stand, got it from Costco a few years back.

I only have one 'high-speed' HDMI cable so I'm running that from the PS3 to the TV, and optical out of the PS3 to my receiver. I also only have one optical cable at the moment, so for digital cable I run the HDMI to the receiver then from the receiver to the TV. Its a lot of switching remotes...I think I found a Christmas present request!

Sony 55NX810
Yamaha RX-V675 7.2
PS4 & PS3
Polk Monitor 75T Speakers
Polk RC85i In-wall Speakers
Polk PSW505 12" Subwoofer
bentleyazure is offline  
post #557 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCIFRTHS View Post
I also have the 60" model.

Here's a screen capture of where Sony claims that the 60" model swivels and tilts. It definitely doesn't tilt, and it does not swivel when the dowel protrudes up through the bracket on the TV - as the document you downloaded clearly shows that it should. If you are getting 5" of travel, are you sure that the dowel is protruding through the hole?

O.k... Just for clarification purposes. With respect to the 40,46,55, and 60 nx810 TV's having the capability to "swivel". I see 2 issues here. It's confusing because the docuemntation is poorly organized and so the sony reps have troubke reading it and desiminate bad info.

1. The 60 inch kdl60nx810 - that link and image clearly does state and show that the TV "swivels" 20 degrees right and left from 0, and back 6 degrees from 0. I'm able to do this with my TV(the swivel part, not going to try tilting it.. However it's a bit heavy so there's some resistence.

2. The doc I downloaded has info in it for different sized TV's and if you look at page 2 the viewing angle for the 40,46, and 55'"er it clearly states viewing angle of 6 degree tilt from zero, it says nothing about swiveling.

3. This can be easily remedied by purchasing a nice "turntable".

4. On more note. As I mentioned when I first got the TV my dog likes to whack the stand that TV is on as she races to bark pout the window at anything that walks, flies, or runs on gasoline. Well, she contuniues to whack the stand and no wobbles at all. the dog barks at the TV since we got the sound system before that she just hung out and watched.

 

stand_dont_swivel.pdf 490.021484375k . file
LL

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sbx007 is offline  
post #558 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by plk1967 View Post

1080i but am open to suggestions and i agree a good signal and the pic is great. I have been using hardwarezone settings on standard and tweak tv settings on custom. Been going back and forth and with a good signal hardwarezone settings are way better and more natural. Until I get it calibrated by a profesional than I like hardware zone settings but i do keep the backlite from 5 to 7 depending on room lighting

Not understanding, the set top thing.. my set top "auto set" to 1080p. Its a scientific atlanta 8300 HD courtesy of cablevision. Can I force it to 7?. Why would I do that? thx!

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sbx007 is offline  
post #559 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleyazure View Post

Yeah, rip out that 70's wood paneling and put up some sheetrock up. Thanks on the stand, got it from Costco a few years back.

I only have one 'high-speed' HDMI cable so I'm running that from the PS3 to the TV, and optical out of the PS3 to my receiver. I also only have one optical cable at the moment, so for digital cable I run the HDMI to the receiver then from the receiver to the TV. Its a lot of switching remotes...I think I found a Christmas present request!

Your breaking my heart w/ the panel ripout(it looks very nice, quality panel), not like the 6 dollar sheets ya used to get at rickels.., I hear ya.. I got "flocking" wallpaper it's like 40 years old but can't bring myself to rip it off and paint the room white!. Maybe you can leave the paneling up and work around it?? Those HDMI's you can get them fast and cheap.. ebay, monoprice,others mentioned on here, and they're cheap , they work and they simplify things. Fast no need to worry about till passing 3-d content. I compared 2.57 centers off ebay to 20 buckers at costco to 180 monsters and we could find no difference. Meaning think about those 2.57 delvd HEC 1.4's on ebay or equivevelent if you can go that way it will simplify your life.

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sbx007 is offline  
post #560 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly911 View Post

Picture wise, you did the right thing in my opinion. Audio wize the 810 is pretty bad. Don't know about the 800.

Yes, the audio does stink. Another poster said it well, almost like a crappy a.m radio, and you can play with it all day, hire professionals and it would still have lousey sound. An inexpensive sound system makes a world of diffference...

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sbx007 is offline  
post #561 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Member
 
dnwolner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

Your breaking my heart w/ the panel ripout(it looks very nice, quality panel), not like the 6 dollar sheets ya used to get at rickels.., I hear ya.. I got "flocking" wallpaper it's like 40 years old but can't bring myself to rip it off and paint the room white!. Maybe you can leave the paneling up and work around it?? Those HDMI's you can get them fast and cheap.. ebay, monoprice,others mentioned on here, and they're cheap , they work and they simplify things. Fast no need to worry about till passing 3-d content. I compared 2.57 centers off ebay to 20 buckers at costco to 180 monsters and we could find no difference. Meaning think about those 2.57 delvd HEC 1.4's on ebay or equivevelent if you can go that way it will simplify your life.

LOL @ Rickels... it might be cheaper at Pergament! I know it's way off topic, but as a NYer transplanted in the DC area, that really takes me back!

BTW, nice dog, get him a Mets hat ;-)
dnwolner is offline  
post #562 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Member
 
dnwolner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

Yes, the audio does stink. Another poster said it well, almost like a crappy a.m radio, and you can play with it all day, hire professionals and it would still have lousey sound. An inexpensive sound system makes a world of diffference...

Sound on a TV this thin will never be good. Speakers simply need room to generate the sound. They need to vibrate... the thinner the TV, the less space to do so. A Home Theater system or the Bunchin stand is a must.
dnwolner is offline  
post #563 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
Zoglog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly911 View Post

If you are going to use an alternate set of speakers with an amp, or a surround sound package that you want to power off when you turn off the TV, there's a Monster surge protector that has this feature. You just plug the TV into the GREEN POWER CONTROL OUTLET and when you turn off the TV, three other "Green Power" outlets also switch off. At least that's how I understand that it's supposed to work. Here's a shot of the box. It's the model HDP 850G.



I'd like to hear from anyone that knows of a set of speakers for the 55NX810 that power off with the TV. I understand that the Sony alternate speaker stand does for $350.00.

.

my pioneer vsx-1120 powers off & on with the TV. Given the price of this TV, I highly doubt anyone will be buying this tv w/o getting at least a decent set of stereo speakers to work with it so I don't see why people complain about the sound.....................
Zoglog is offline  
post #564 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Member
 
John Carmichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar View Post

Looks very nice! Are you worried about heat generation at all?

Thanks Maklar.

Heat buildup is not a problem since the hole in the wall behind the TV goes clear through the wall into a well-ventilated room behind it. My last in wall TV was an old florescent LCD and it consumed 300 watts. The new 55NX810 LED LCD only consumes 75 watts. Energy use = heat. My old TV didn't have any heat buildup issues, so I doubt this one will. Just put your hand above the TV and feel the heat. It's not very hot at all. Compare that to a plasma or florescent TV!

John Carmichael
John Carmichael is offline  
post #565 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoglog View Post

my pioneer vsx-1120 powers off & on with the TV. Given the price of this TV, I highly doubt anyone will be buying this tv w/o getting at least a decent set of stereo speakers to work with it so I don't see why people complain about the sound.....................

The power has to be controlled by electricity(I think). so unless you have a strip like this or your able to plug the sound sytem into the tv so it powers down, I can't see ow that could happen. The sound turns off when ou shut down the tv but the amp stays on for sure. that's a nice power controller, wish they were cheaper.

I think I know why we complain. It's b/c the 810 owners have paid good money for their TV's. Now, having to spend more money so that you can enjoy the sound is cause to complain, yes outlaying upwards of 2-4 k would warrant one to "complain" that the TV's have crappy speakers , yet we accept it and either deal w/ it or complain and then go get a sound system. You can't just plug speakers into this thing.

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sbx007 is offline  
post #566 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Member
 
fly911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

The power has to be controlled by electricity(I think). so unless you have a strip like this or your able to plug the sound sytem into the tv so it powers down, I can't see ow that could happen. The sound turns off when you shut down the tv but the amp stays on for sure.

Actually, if you press the I-Manual button on your remote and then scroll down to "INDEX", then to "G-I" then "HDMI Equipment", you will see that there are situations that will allow you to power off your audio equipment automatically when you turn off your TV (...if I read that correctly.)
fly911 is offline  
post #567 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Member
 
cstu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a 46NX711 (at Costco, obviously) and was looking for some picture settings. I read through the whole thread and couldn't find any so if I missed it or if someone could post theirs I would appreciate it.

I did have a question...what other differences are there between the NX710 and NX810 besides 120/240hz?
cstu is offline  
post #568 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
kenchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnwolner View Post

Congrats, looks great! Did you calibrate? What settings did you use? Also, did you have to stick on the 3D transceiver with double sided tape or was there a notch on the back of the set for the transceiver?

Did not calibrate yet. It's actually decent out-of-the-box...!

My transmitter did not have the double sided sticky tape, so i just used some black duct tape. No notch. Kinda strange that there is no "click" or slot for it.
kenchi is offline  
post #569 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DCIFRTHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: New York
Posts: 2,159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstu View Post

I just bought a 46NX711 (at Costco, obviously) and was looking for some picture settings. I read through the whole thread and couldn't find any so if I missed it or if someone could post theirs I would appreciate it.

I did have a question...what other differences are there between the NX710 and NX810 besides 120/240hz?

Local dimming.
DCIFRTHS is offline  
post #570 of 6623 Old 11-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Member
 
miicho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Under the sea 3d is by far the best 3d experience ever, this blu ray is a must for all NX810 owners
miicho is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Kdl60nx810 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl55nx810 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl46nx810 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led , Sony 60 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Xbr60lx900
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off