Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810) - Page 215 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2011, 09:49 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatorD View Post

Hi there...I'm going to be doing a move to another city. I was wondering if it's possible to order the original packaging from Sony or somewhere else for my Bravia 60NX810 since I no longer have it unfortunately? I see that Uhaul has big screen packing boxes for a 60" tv at about $110.

Apparently, moving companies are hesitant to move Plasma or LED tv's because they can break easily (at least that's what I've been told so far). I think we'll be doing a pre-move move with our delicate electronics so I just wanted to see what my options were. Also, I know that your supposed to transport the tv vertically, but other than that, are there any other major things I should watch out for?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Ask for the Mirror Boxes. These are also used for shipping prints/paintings etc. You can also purchase protective corners.
Wrap the screen in about 3 layers of bubble wrap, wrap the ends again 2 or three times. Then construct the box out of two mirror boxes so it fits properly. Definitely use the corners. If there is any left over room fill it with popcorns.
This is how I have moved my flat screens and very fragile paintings/prints. I I have also taken all the fragile things in my own vehicle or packed them in my vehicle when trailering it. That way if anything is toast on the other end it's only my fault.

Knowledge is free.

libenter festum super illos qui imperarent nobis.     The Addams Family

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2011, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe01880 View Post

I think that would be a good question to call Sony with. For future reference its a good idea to hang on to those box's for just such an occation or until at least any warranty period has expired.

If you have a Sony Outlet store near by they may have packaging they might sell you.

Holy crap, didn't know those things were so valuable. I left mine outside for the garbage man to pickup a year ago. I was glad to get it out of the house. No one stole it so I never thought much of it. Then again I've lived here for 40 yrs and don't plan on moving anytime soon unless we get another hurricane,earthquake or snowstorm in October. If you hang out at costco long enough I'm sure someone will buy a tv take it out of the box and fling it in their pickup truck. In fact I might just rent a storage unit hang out this weekend and see what I can score. thanks for the tip .. I think the bubble wrap/construct your own box would work just fine.

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312645
Old 11-05-2011, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

keep us informed on how you like it after you get it set up to your liking. The 55's seem to have more mention here than the 60's or 46".

sbx007, thank you for the link. I will find myself on the south shore this weekend and just may swing into the Sony Outlet for giggles..last time i did that i brought home my 46NX810, hmmmm..i do need a new camera..and a new laptop

You're right the 55's seem to be the most popular. All the nx810's are good sets. We gained a lot of members here b/c USAppliance ran a "super" sale last year for the 55"er. It was posted on a very popular sight called slickdealsdotnet. Luckily they found their way here to add to the knowledge base. the 60"s price point on the 810 is prohibitive and I wonder why they still sell for more than the newer models. Only complaint is the lack of 3d content and cablevision hasn't broadcast anything in 3d for ages. Don't know ehat their waiting for.

Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312645
Old 11-05-2011, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I bought my 55" a year ago. I don't do 3D on it-2D only. I've been extremely pleased with it. It took a while to calibrate it, but it was worth it. Only two nits to pick--the off-axis viewing could be better (my old 46" XBR2 has better off-axis viewing) and the built-in speakers are simply terrible. But, in my case, I don't care. I'm running audio/video out of a 5.1 AVR via HDMI. So, I don't use the built-in speakers. I cannot detect any light bleed anywhere on the screen. Once again, I think this model has superb video. I would buy it again. Wish I could have afforded the 60" model.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Anyone else having trouble viewing HD content from a PS3 or Xbox 360? I keep getting an error message from the PS3 saying that a 3D TV is not detected and unable to get it working with the 360 as well. I have a first generation PS3 and 360 so I'm not sure if that's an issue (firmware is up to date on both though). 3D content from my Comcast cable box comes through fine though. I've connected via HDMI directly to TV and through a receiver with no luck with either. Any suggestions?

"Guns? Guns are easy."
Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

Only complaint is the lack of 3d content and cablevision hasn't broadcast anything in 3d for ages. Don't know ehat their waiting for.

I have FiOS and last month On Demand HBO 3D ran Avatar 3D. It was good but honestly i thought the SD Blu-ray looked better.
I have purchased a lot of 3D content, my most recent was Captain America. I havnt watched it 2D yet. The 3D was good just not enough 3D effect to suit me after being spoiled by Thor and Pirates with Tron being the best by far. I have not watched that in 2D either, last time i watched it i blew my subwoofer to hell and back.
My 46 does 3D very well, surprisingly so especailly after reading some of the complaints others have had. I am very pleased with my pruchase.

I took the red pill.
(and got screwed by Toshiba)
Old 11-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post

Wish I could have afforded the 60" model.

Me too..

I took the red pill.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:12 AM

I dont think I've even watched any 3d on my ps3 yet. On the 360 when I went to play cod in 3d, I remember having to turn the 3d on in the game menu and also on the tv remote.

Directv 3d, the tv automatically senses the signal and switches over.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

GOT IT!!! And opened it in the driveway with the delivery man there...no chips or cracks.
Switched out the 55 for the 55. They are both Sony and what a difference. I have not calibrated as yet. Already hate the sound, just as in the 46. My receiver crapped out so out to Kmart, Target, Radio Shack and Best Buy to see what is out there to power the Klipsh towers. Probably buy tomorrow as some sales start.
You guys will appreciate this. When the box was in the room and I said, 'OK let's change them out'... the hubby looks at me sadly and says...'I thought this was for the new Master Bedroom'...:-( I said 'no this is for this room and the one we got last year will be in your shop. Do you want me to get another of these for the desk/playstation area in the new room for you?' Answer...'no not right now.' I said there are only a few of these left out there....no. So I guess I will be trying to find another one before they are all gone.
Or....anything better out there right now?

Knowledge is free.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlobb2 View Post

I dont think I've even watched any 3d on my ps3 yet. On the 360 when I went to play cod in 3d, I remember having to turn the 3d on in the game menu and also on the tv remote.

Directv 3d, the tv automatically senses the signal and switches over.

I've done everything but it still won't work.

"Guns? Guns are easy."
Old 11-11-2011, 09:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum360 View Post

I've done everything but it still won't work.

The PS has a place to turn it on..do a search of this post and I'm sure you will find it. That was how I got mine to work. Mine are not first generation though. I do remember that I also had to reboot the PS after I configured it. Wouldn't work with out the reboot.

Knowledge is free.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlyviper View Post

The PS has a place to turn it on..do a search of this post and I'm sure you will find it. That was how I got mine to work. Mine are not first generation though. I do remember that I also had to reboot the PS after I configured it. Wouldn't work with out the reboot.

The issue is definitely with the PS3. I tried Black Ops on the 360 with using an HDMI cable it and worked. Again, either connected directly or through a receiver my Comcast cable box works fine with the tv for 3D.

I've updated the PS3 firmware and adjusted the settings as indicated elsewhere. For some reason I still get the same error message saying that a 3D TV is not detected.

"Guns? Guns are easy."
Old 11-12-2011, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The issue is definitely with the PS3. I tried Black Ops on the 360 with using an HDMI cable it and worked. Again, either connected directly or through a receiver my Comcast cable box works fine with the tv for 3D.

I've updated the PS3 firmware and adjusted the settings as indicated elsewhere. For some reason I still get the same error message saying that a 3D TV is not detected.

See this video here: http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/15...d-set-up-guide

I just never get the message saying that "Your TV supports the viewing of 3D content".

"Guns? Guns are easy."
Old 11-12-2011, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Anyone else having trouble viewing HD content from a PS3 or Xbox 360? I keep getting an error message from the PS3 saying that a 3D TV is not detected and unable to get it working with the 360 as well. I have a first generation PS3 and 360 so I'm not sure if that's an issue (firmware is up to date on both though). 3D content from my Comcast cable box comes through fine though. I've connected via HDMI directly to TV and through a receiver with no luck with either. Any suggestions?

same thing happened to me when I first set up my 60NX810 with my PS3 60Gb model

problem was the generic HDMI cable I was using wasn't passing the handshake- tried a different "better" one and problem solved. Using the other cable for less sensitive connection
Old 11-13-2011, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlobb2 View Post

>>Directv 3d, the tv automatically senses the signal and switches over.

<<<<br />
the onl;y time I get that message is when a Watch 3d Blu-ray.
that's whats supposed to happen according to Sony. I have cablevision and its side by side. 2 broadcasts and I couldn't get it to work. Beinstein and CHwil have cablevision top/bottom and they get good results. It pisses me off. The 3d movies on the other hand really are incredible. Tron was a blast.

FWIW - The 55nx810's if you can find them on display at SAMS club are being closed out for 600.53. Its got a be a display model and you have to find a Sams that has one..good luck with that.

Visit our settings page:
Old 11-13-2011, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

GOT IT!!! And opened it in the driveway with the delivery man there...no chips or cracks.
Switched out the 55 for the 55. They are both Sony and what a difference. I have not calibrated as yet. Already hate the sound, just as in the 46. My receiver crapped out so out to Kmart, Target, Radio Shack and Best Buy to see what is out there to power the Klipsh towers. Probably buy tomorrow as some sales start.
You guys will appreciate this. When the box was in the room and I said, 'OK let's change them out'... the hubby looks at me sadly and says...'I thought this was for the new Master Bedroom'...:-( I said 'no this is for this room and the one we got last year will be in your shop. Do you want me to get another of these for the desk/playstation area in the new room for you?' Answer...'no not right now.' I said there are only a few of these left out there....no. So I guess I will be trying to find another one before they are all gone.
Or....anything better out there right now?

Are you stockpiling 55nx810's?. IS that what your telling us?. If you want to drive around to Sams clubs people report 600 bucks for display models. You might spend 1500 in gas but you'll get a great deal on the TV.

Visit our settings page:
Old 11-14-2011, 08:01 AM

how did u reset to factopry setting?
Old 11-14-2011, 08:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

sbx007---Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ha... :-)
No not stockpiling. But what electronics hubby wants he usually gets. So if he wants a 55 by his desk and playstaion area, I'll get little hints until he has one. I really like the 810 model. So ....

PS the new 55 is an April 2011 Mexico. So far no problems.

Knowledge is free.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

sbx007---Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ha... :-)
No not stockpiling. But what electronics hubby wants he usually gets. So if he wants a 55 by his desk and playstaion area, I'll get little hints until he has one. I really like the 810 model. So ....

PS the new 55 is an April 2011 Mexico. So far no problems.

I think all the Sonys are made in Mexico now, and July 2011, 7/11, July is a fine month for Tv's. to be made.

Visit our settings page:
Old 11-15-2011, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 46
hi what kind of HDMI i can use for this TV? is their any particular HDMI or any HDMI will do? thanks.

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
Old 11-16-2011, 04:22 PM

How do I post a question on this Sony forum
Old 11-16-2011, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post

How do I post a question on this Sony forum

You just did!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:29 PM

That was a reply to an existing thread

OK my question is when I turn on the TV how do I turn off the tone on the tv when the Sony name appears on the screen?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:56 AM
AVS Club Gold

OK my question is when I turn on the TV how do I turn off the tone on the tv when the Sony name appears on the screen?[/quote]

If you haven't already found it...
It is called the key tone, to shut it off
Settings menu/ Sound/ Key tone/Off

Knowledge is free.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:27 AM

Thanks for your reply but that not exactly what I wanted. Key Tone Off controles the tone when you hit a button on the remote to make a change to the settings. I have that set to off and it works for that. What I want to stop is the loud tone from the TV when you turn it on and the word Sony appears on the screen(The tone accompanies the the appearence of the word SONY).
Old 11-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for your reply but that not exactly what I wanted. Key Tone Off controles the tone when you hit a button on the remote to make a change to the settings. I have that set to off and it works for that. What I want to stop is the loud tone from the TV when you turn it on and the word Sony appears on the screen(The tone accompanies the the appearence of the word SONY).

i dont get that..thank goodness

I took the red pill.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

i dont get that..thank goodness

That's a new one on me!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This is the first digital tv I've had (out of 5 so far) where if say you input 7 on the remote the tv doesn't automatically tune to the nearest digital station, eg. 7.1 in my case. You have to actually input 7.1 on the remote to get a picture, which over thousands of channel changes is a bit of a hassle. Has anyone discovered a setting so the tv will automatically tune to the nearest available station after hitting a number on the remote with out also having to input the sub digits?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

When you boot up(turn the tv on), the Sony light and logo appear on the screen and you want to disable that? Its beeen done and it is in this thread somewhere. Try he earch this thread function if you don't get after 10-15 minutes come back and we'll look for it.
Some of us don't realize the tone b/c we use external speakers and by the time itswitches we've missed it.

Visit our settings page:
Old 11-18-2011, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gris View Post

This is the first digital tv I've had (out of 5 so far) where if say you input 7 on the remote the tv doesn't automatically tune to the nearest digital station, eg. 7.1 in my case. You have to actually input 7.1 on the remote to get a picture, which over thousands of channel changes is a bit of a hassle. Has anyone discovered a setting so the tv will automatically tune to the nearest available station after hitting a number on the remote with out also having to input the sub digits?

Did you scan first?. I think you have to "scan" your TV first to capture the stations the TV can recognize over your digital cable or sateelite box. Converserly if you toggle back to analog using OTA HD TV you'd have to rescan. If that doesn;t work let us know what system your using, the set top box and cable/sat provider and all that good stuff.

Visit our settings page:

Tags
Sony Bravia Kdl60nx810 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl55nx810 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl46nx810 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led , Sony 60 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Xbr60lx900
Gear in this thread