Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810) - Page 218 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6511 of 6625 Old 02-29-2012, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdwil View Post

Nx810 is an excellent tv. What size screen? The 60" sets get the best reviews.

Yes. I always said there has to be a reason the price hasn't come down much on the 60" nx810 even though there are newer models out there. The 3-D is worthless after a few weeks as there is no content. So you can buy one 2 years from now and not miss much. Can you get me my money back like you did w/yer piece of shice?

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312645
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6512 of 6625 Old 02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe01880 View Post

I just looked and saw my 46NX810 has been updated to PKG5.046AAS which is up from verison 5.044 the latter is also still the only thing showing on the Sony website;
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...3#/downloadTab

Anyone else notice and or have any idea what this fixes or adds? I had to update internet content on my TV and I think there is some new content under video but its been a while since i looked so im not sure.

I stopped looking, its always something useless related their IPTV stuff. No web browsers or 3d firmware updates, just crap for them to sell their services.

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312645
post #6513 of 6625 Old 03-01-2012, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

Yes. I always said there has to be a reason the price hasn't come down much on the 60" nx810 even though there are newer models out there. The 3-D is worthless after a few weeks as there is no content. So you can buy one 2 years from now and not miss much. Can you get me my money back like you did w/yer piece of shice?

Get your money back? I agree about 3d, I don't even use it.
post #6514 of 6625 Old 03-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdwil View Post

I agree about 3d, I don't even use it.

I do use the 3D on my 46NX. I rather enjoy the 3D effect. the only reason I dont use it more is the lack of content. Yet i have had to replace the batteries in the glass's twice.
That said I am becoming a quazi 3D content collector. I will be watching Scorpions Live in 3D tonight and am looking forward to the Star Wars saga being remade in 3D.

BTW, The Scorpions 3-D Live was flawless and excellent in both 3-D quality and audio. If your a Scorps fan and have a 3D HDTV you will love it. I have been to several Scorpions concerts and this BRD gives you the feel of being there, especially at reference level volume, awesome!!

I took the red pill.
(and got screwed by Toshiba)
post #6515 of 6625 Old 03-01-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:

I just looked and saw my 46NX810 has been updated to PKG5.046AAS which is up from verison 5.044 the latter is also still the only thing showing on the Sony website;
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...3#/downloadTab

Anyone else notice and or have any idea what this fixes or adds? I had to update internet content on my TV and I think there is some new content under video but its been a while since i looked so im not sure.

With this upgrade, the HDMI control with my receiver (Denon AVR-1909) stopped working.
post #6516 of 6625 Old 03-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corosario View Post

With this upgrade, the HDMI control with my receiver (Denon AVR-1909) stopped working.

HDMI control is still working with my Yamaha RX-V667. I hope you call Sony and get a resolution, please lets us know how things work out.

I took the red pill.
post #6517 of 6625 Old 03-02-2012, 09:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

corosario,

I have the ARC HDMI cabled to a Denon 4311, and using a Harmony. After the upgrade I get a little glitch. All I had to do was use the remote 'help' button once and all was fine again. What remote are you using?

Knowledge is free.

libenter festum super illos qui imperarent nobis.     The Addams Family

post #6518 of 6625 Old 03-02-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlyviper View Post

corosario,

I have the ARC HDMI cabled to a Denon 4311, and using a Harmony. After the upgrade I get a little glitch. All I had to do was use the remote 'help' button once and all was fine again. What remote are you using?

I'm using the TV's remote. Before the upgrade, I turned the TV on and it would turn the receiver on. I swapped HDMI cables, just in case the cable went bad, but still experience the same problem. I used to see the receiver listed on the TV screen/options for HDMI control when sending the "Enable" signal. Now, I can't see the receiver listed.

Here is the setup: We have an OTA antenna and a roku box connected to the TV. Optical audio coming out of TV to receiver and HDMI cable from TV port 1 to receiver. Everything was working fine until the upgrade. During this weekend, I will bring the TV back to factory settings and see if everything goes back to normal.
post #6519 of 6625 Old 03-02-2012, 05:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

^^
Enable the external speakers?
Sound menu, Speakers, external/audio system.
after the update mine had reverted back to the default internal speakers, had to switch back to external.

Knowledge is free.

post #6520 of 6625 Old 03-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlyviper View Post

^^
Enable the external speakers?
Sound menu, Speakers, external/audio system.
after the update mine had reverted back to the default internal speakers, had to switch back to external.

also in the NX look in settings and make sure HDMI control is on and did not turn itself off.

I took the red pill.
post #6521 of 6625 Old 03-03-2012, 11:01 AM

I have the NX720, but I'm also having the same ARC issue with my receiver. The tv was delivered on Tuesday, and setup was fine and ARC worked. I performed the update, and the next day all my issues started.

I went through master reset with my tv and AVR and it started working, then the next day it stopped working again, and I reset my AVR and it still didn't come back. The update remains on the Mother Board, even after a master reset.

I spent hours on the phone with Sony, and they blamed my AVR and didn't want to help. I've swapped HMDI cables and that didn't help. And when I tested my AVR with another tv, the ARC didn't work, so I assumed it was my AVR, but at this point I'm not sure.

All my tv and AVR settings are correct, and when I press the Enable HDMI connection in the settings, it doesn't recognize my AVR HDMI Connection. I get video no problem with that connection.

My AVR: Yamaha RX-v671

Update:
My ARC started working again when I performed the following:
I reverted my firmware on my AVR
I disconnected the HDMI-4 connection on the back of my tv (this is next to the ARC)
I went through the steps of enabling HDMI on my tv's settings-and it finally recognized my AVR.

I have a feeling my issues are connected to having a HDMI connection next to my ARC. I'm currently reinstating my AVR's current Firmware. I'll Test after and see if it's still working. Then I'll reattach my 2nd HDMI connection (CPU) in another jack other than HDMI-4.

I didn't touch any setting on my tv or AVR, the only thing I did was hit enable HDMI on the tv, when the AVR finally showed up under devices recognized. Prior to this, it wasn't in the list of devices.

Update:
My ARC doesn't work when my PC is connected to any HDMI connection on my tv or AVR. I'm using a HDMI-DVI cable to connect from my tv to my PC. So the only thing I can think of is I need to disable a setting somewhere or I have to manually disconnect this cable, whenever I want ARC.

So any of you having ARC issues, I would suggest disconnecting all other HDMI connections on both your AVR and TV, sans the connection between your tv and AVR. Troubleshoot there to lockdown the issue. I still don't know why I'm having this issue, but at least I know why my ARC wasn't working.

BTW, I have my BD player connected to my AVR via HDMI, and I have no problems with ARC.
post #6522 of 6625 Old 03-07-2012, 04:45 PM

Update: Over the weekend, I unplugged the HDMI connections from the TV and did a factory. Everything works as expected with the 5.046 firmware. Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Carlos
post #6523 of 6625 Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

I'm using a HDMI-DVI cable to connect from my tv to my PC. So the only thing I can think of is I need to disable a setting somewhere or I have to manually disconnect this cable, whenever I want ARC.

Audio does not work through a DVI to HDMI connection. DVI does not supply audio.

I took the red pill.
post #6524 of 6625 Old 03-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Does anyone know if this tv has restrictions on what Dolby signals it will pass through to external speakers? I have my ps3 hooked up to my 810 with an HDMI cable. The 810 is hooked up to a vizio soundbar with a optics cable. All of my DVDs work fine on Dolby 5.1. My direct tv receiver always puts out a Dolby 5.1 signal to the tv and then to the sound bar. Here is the problem; blueray disks played on the ps3 do not play a Dolby 5.1 signal on the soundbar in English. If I switch to French or Spanish language on the blueray disk then the Dolby 5.1 does work. This is very odd to me. Now; if I hook up the optics cable directly from the ps3 to the soundbar then I always get a Dolby 5.1 signal on blueray or DVD. It sounds like something odd going on with the tv. Any help would be great. Thank you

RC-64 Center, RF-7 Fronts, RF-82 Sides, RW-12D, QTY=2, RSW-15, RS-52ii Rears, Pioneer SC-1522-K, Panasonic 65VT60, 65"
post #6525 of 6625 Old 03-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugger View Post

Does anyone know if this tv has restrictions on what Dolby signals it will pass through to external speakers? I have my ps3 hooked up to my 810 with an HDMI cable. The 810 is hooked up to a vizio soundbar with a optics cable. All of my DVDs work fine on Dolby 5.1. My direct tv receiver always puts out a Dolby 5.1 signal to the tv and then to the sound bar. Here is the problem; blueray disks played on the ps3 do not play a Dolby 5.1 signal on the soundbar in English. If I switch to French or Spanish language on the blueray disk then the Dolby 5.1 does work. This is very odd to me. Now; if I hook up the optics cable directly from the ps3 to the soundbar then I always get a Dolby 5.1 signal on blueray or DVD. It sounds like something odd going on with the tv. Any help would be great. Thank you

click here and read posts 3435 and below and see if that applies.
Be advised those posts are in reference to a Yamaha RX-V667 or like H/T reciever, I have one myself so that solution may or may not work with a sound bar.
I run my PS3 into my RX-V667 then out to my TV from the reciever and have no issues.

I took the red pill.
post #6526 of 6625 Old 03-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Has anyone hooked their NX810 up to ethernet instead of using wifi for internet content?

If so does the internet content load any faster then using the wifi connection?

I took the red pill.
post #6527 of 6625 Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:

click here and read posts 3435 and below and see if that applies.
Be advised those posts are in reference to a Yamaha RX-V667 or like H/T reciever, I have one myself so that solution may or may not work with a sound bar.
I run my PS3 into my RX-V667 then out to my TV from the reciever and have no issues.

Thank you for the info. Those posts helped me a few weeks ago get the Dolby signal to work with DVDs and the directv receiver. My current problem is with blue ray disks not playing a certain Dolby signal when routed through the Sony tv. If I leave all settings the same in the PS3 and hook the optics cable directly to the sound bar then I do get a Dolby surround signal. This to me means the Sony tv is not capable of transferring the Dolby signal sent from blue ray disks. Or I am missing some settings in the tv to allow this.

RC-64 Center, RF-7 Fronts, RF-82 Sides, RW-12D, QTY=2, RSW-15, RS-52ii Rears, Pioneer SC-1522-K, Panasonic 65VT60, 65"
post #6528 of 6625 Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

My current problem is with blue ray disks not playing a certain Dolby signal when routed through the Sony tv .

What certain dobly signal?

I'm curious, are you hearing sound and not seeing something on the Vizio sound bar acknowledging thats its 5.1 or are you simply not getting sound? Try using the Blu-ray discs setting function and switch to a different audio format. Unplug the Vizio sound bar and use the TV's internal speakers, if the TV plays it and the sound bar doesnt you know the problem is with the sound bar. If you switch formats and the sound bar plays it you know its the sound bar, you have to test these things out

On the Sony site it says the 46NX810 has 5.1 audio out but thats all it says, it doesnt get detailed as to what signals, DTS, dobly, dolby digitai, DD HD or master DTS.
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...specifications
It may be your sound bar may not reproduce certain types of signal, your not being specific what types of signals your having trouble with or what Vizio bar you are using so otheres can look it up for you in order to help you better, or the play station is not set up porperly to send them. The setting to send them via optical or coax in the PS3 may very well be different then using HDMI, im almost certain it is.. I am assumiong since this is the NX810 thread you are using a NX810 HDTV. The link above is to the specifications of that TV, the KDL-46NX810 specificly which is what i own.
I have my system set up as described in the thread i linked going into my reciever and out to my TV from the reciever which is a 7.2 system.
If your getting sound you might be beating a dead horse, a Vizio sound bar is only going to do so much. Its synthetic surround sound at best.

Good luck!

I took the red pill.
post #6529 of 6625 Old 03-13-2012, 01:21 PM

Thank you for the response.

I do have a 55nx810 and the sound bar is a vizio510. I am getting sound out of the sound bar but the rear speakers aren't producing much sound at all that is heard when I simply switch language options in the blue ray disk menu. The dolby led indicator is also not illuminated when watching in English. I have tried just about every combination of setting I can think of between settings in the tv, PS3 and the blue ray disk itself but none produce a "Dolby" like sound followed with a Dolby indicator light except eliminating the tv and going straight from the PS3 to the sound bar. That is why I think what you just said about signals from HDMI cables and optics cables being different could be an answer. When I don't get Dolby sound the PS3 is hooked up to the tv with a HDMI cable; and when I do get Dolby sound the PS3 is hooked up to the sound bar with an optics cable. But then again I thought HDMI cables were not limited to any HD signals.

post #6530 of 6625 Old 03-13-2012, 06:44 PM

Liked: 15
Its probably your settings and not the cables, however, depending on the type of material you are watching you may not get much sound from rear speakers anyways, their mostly for background sounds, with my setup the sound coming from the rears varies greatly.In some shows you can barely hear anything coming from them.
post #6531 of 6625 Old 03-13-2012, 07:46 PM

That's the thing that gets me. If I switch languages the Dolby light goes on and the sound in the rear is soooo much more prominent. This is what makes me believe that one possibility is, the tv isn't capable of passing along some certain Dolby signal.

post #6532 of 6625 Old 03-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That's the thing that gets me. If I switch languages the Dolby light goes on and the sound in the rear is soooo much more prominent. This is what makes me believe that one possibility is, the tv isn't capable of passing along some certain Dolby signal.

If it will pass dolby in french it will pass dobly in english!

In looking at the spec of your sound bar;
http://www.vizio.com/vht510.html

Im not seeing where it says it supports Dolby True HD, maybe part of your problem?

Try possing your problem here;

I took the red pill.
post #6533 of 6625 Old 03-15-2012, 04:58 PM

I've had my NX810 for over a year now, and have been using a DTV antenna on it. Since I've owned it, the Channel Guide tv listings ("Guide" button on the remote) has worked fine, showing the tv show names and descriptions for all of the channels I get with the antenna.

The Guide has been updating as I understand it via the Ethernet cable I have attached to the back of my NX810 to my router.

Suddenly, the Channel Guide has stopped working. All the channels on the guide just say "No Data". Even when I try to Update TV Listings manually in the Guide's settings, it will say that it's completed the update, but no new channels are present.

I'm confirmed that my internet connection to the NX810 is in fact working as I can access update and view other internet resources on the TV.

Any ideas?
post #6534 of 6625 Old 03-16-2012, 01:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

^^ Have you tried resetting the internal clock?

Knowledge is free.

post #6535 of 6625 Old 03-17-2012, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Has anyone hooked their NX810 up to ethernet instead of using wifi for internet content?

If so does the internet content load any faster then using the wifi connection?

Yes I have a direct wired connection to my gigabit router and get fast performance

sadly it appears Sony only has a 100BT Fast Ethernet interface- The PS3 has gigabit

haven't work with the wifi- does it support the faster 5GHz n band?
post #6536 of 6625 Old 03-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beinstein View Post

does it support the faster 5GHz n band?

I dont know. I sort of thought Sony support told me the fastest wireless would do was 2.5 mps download and have not spoke to them with regards to ethernet download speeds. I'm not real up to speed on all that stuff. I just know that when i click on the internet video stuff in the menu of my NX and choose lets say, Amazon Prime, it takes a little time for the icons to show up. I dont know if thats a result of the internet speeds or the hardware in the TV or both.
Once i choose a show and the "checking connection" speed screen appears the show or movie starts to play with in 15 seconds or so and this is through the NX's wireless connection.
I was just wondering if having the TV hardwired to ethernet would cause it to perform loading of the icons faster and perhaps refesh internet content faster.
I can go either way, use the NX's wireless connection (which is my current configuration) but also i have Cat 5 at the back of my entertainment center and can go that route as well. Just havnt tried it yet as accessing the rear of my entertainment center is a PITA and was hoping to get confirmation before undertaking the task.

I took the red pill.
post #6537 of 6625 Old 04-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

For giggles I connected Cat5 to my NX, it might load a little faster but nothing to write home about so folks, dont go out of your way.

BTW we are now at Software Version PKG5.047AAS. I got this the same day my PS3 got Amazon Prime, I wish the NX had the PS3 Amazon interface, its much nicer however video is much smoother, flawless on the NX and stutters or is choppy on the PS3, maybe sony will fix it. My PS3 is also connected via Cat5.

I took the red pill.
post #6538 of 6625 Old 04-05-2012, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by beinstein View Post

Yes I have a direct wired connection to my gigabit router and get fast performance

sadly it appears Sony only has a 100BT Fast Ethernet interface

100BT is way faster than any content coming over your TV and is likely way faster than your Internet max speed
post #6539 of 6625 Old 04-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Unless I am missing something.

But based on my own research and quite a bit of testing with different soundbars and standard AVR's. Our TV does not "pass through" Dolby 5.1. Not through optical nor through ARC (there are very few tv's if any that do). From what I can remember from my testing it will pass through Dolby 2.0 but that's it. It only sends Dolby 5.1 when you are watching OTA content.

Even though arc is great for ease of use. That is it's major downfall. The tech supports it, but I believe it is a licensing issue.
post #6540 of 6625 Old 04-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

I had a little problem with my NX yesterday, the TV quit responding to the remote, both my Harmony One and its own Sony remote. Key press's would register with a 15 or 20 second delay and in many cases not at all. It would hang at a given spot in the menu and freeze. The icons in the menu would stutter or shake and get stuck between screens. Very odd. I called Sony who had me do a factory reset, the first one didnt take, the second one did and everything is working fine now.
I wonder if this was an omen of things yet to come, if its going to sh!t the bed i hope it does so quickly while its still under warranty.

I took the red pill.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Kdl60nx810 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl55nx810 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl46nx810 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led , Sony 60 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Xbr60lx900
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page