Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810) - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldm823 View Post

suggest you ignore Viper-he challenged me (in an ambrasive manner, I might add) also when I chose the NX over the HX and I dared to explain why the NX was worth the extra money. It's obvious that the NX is a better set from many 'angles' including looks, features, and picture. It's also obvious that Viper owns a HX

Uh what are you talking about? In no way did i tell this person to choose the HX over the NX. In fact, if you look over at the HX800 thread IM the one who told him in the first place to check out the NX810 before purchasing his HX800 because he wasnt even considering it before i mentioned it over there. I told him since its newer and apparently "brighter" it might be worth a look even though its a bit more expensive. Moron.

All ive been asking him to do since he bought it was give us a comparison of the two sets since he got a chance to see both for a long time side by side on the same material. Is it a crime to be curious about that or something?

Go back to trolling somewhere else, nobody needs you here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2847 View Post

Uh what are you talking about? In no way did i tell this person to choose the HX over the NX. In fact, if you look over at the HX800 thread IM the one who told him in the first place to check out the NX810 before purchasing his HX800 because he wasnt even considering it before i mentioned it over there. I told him since its newer and apparently "brighter" it might be worth a look even though its a bit more expensive. Moron.

All ive been asking him to do since he bought it was give us a comparison of the two sets since he got a chance to see both for a long time side by side on the same material. Is it a crime to be curious about that or something?

Sounds normal for Me to check A & B Sets... Would like to hear outcome...
post #633 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sounds normal for Me to check A & B Sets... Would like to hear outcome... That is what a forum is for learning...
post #634 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.B. View Post

Sounds normal for Me to check A & B Sets... Would like to hear outcome... That is what a forum is for learning...

Thank you very much. Now here is a person that understands where im coming from.

+1 sir.
post #635 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldm823 View Post

suggest you ignore Viper-he challenged me (in an ambrasive manner, I might add) also when I chose the NX over the HX and I dared to explain why the NX was worth the extra money. It's obvious that the NX is a better set from many 'angles' including looks, features, and picture. It's also obvious that Viper owns a HX

Actually he asked you a legitimate question based on what you said earlier. He was not challenging you or asking his question in a abrasive manner. If you are so sensitive please do not post on a public forum and call a question from someone a challenge in mean spirit. And honestly who cares what he owns as a tv.
post #636 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padnfain View Post

Actually he asked you a legitimate question based on what you said earlier. He was not challenging you or asking his question in a abrasive manner. If you are so sensitive please do not post on a public forum and call a question from someone a challenge in mean spirit. And honestly who cares what he owns as a tv.

Sorry but i dont know what your referring to? This guy never asked me any question that i recall. And again, i dont CARE which TV the guy owns, i was just asking him to compare between A & B sets that he saw in the store.
post #637 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

TV, Stereo, or a Microphone... You need to have a A-B to compare. If not for the chance of damage, it would be wonderful to try A & B at Your Home. Some Dealers did do this to regular customers in Vehicles. Nabor say's , Oh You got a new car? Old Day Color TV they would deliver & You tried it in You Home. It was hard to say I will stay with B&W....
post #638 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:

Sorry but i dont know what your referring to? This guy never asked me any question that i recall. And again, i dont CARE which TV the guy owns, i was just asking him to compare between A & B sets that he saw in the store.

yes you asking him to compare between the a/b sets he saw in the store is the question he got his feathers bunched over.. and that is the question I am referring to. nothing he asked you
post #639 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

yes you asking him to compare between the a/b sets he saw in the store is the question he got his feathers bunched over.. and that is the question I am referring to. nothing he asked you

I read these posts and see no need to argue on a message board, a full fledged fistfight broadcast via HDTV would be more entertaining and could call out differences in the different model TV'S we own, settings etc.
O.k.. Viper was "trying to help out". The other guy got offended for some reason, why? maybe read the comment out of context, sensitive(it's just a message board). But a pissin' match here is counter-productive, and I appreciate Vipers expertise, so let's not piss anyone off, and get back to our normally scheduled program. Sometimes trying to help gets one into trouble.
I added an ht-sf470 to my 60nx810, it rocks!.. paid 221 delvd. from thenerdsdotcom, got lucky.
LL
LL
LL

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312645
post #640 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

I read these posts and see no need to argue on a message board, a full fledged fistfight broadcast via HDTV would be more entertaining and could call out differences in the different model TV'S we own, settings etc.
O.k.. Viper was "trying to help out". The other guy got offended for some reason, why? maybe read the comment out of context, sensitive(it's just a message board). But a pissin' match here is counter-productive, and I appreciate Vipers expertise, so let's not piss anyone off, and get back to our normally scheduled program. Sometimes trying to help gets one into trouble.
I added an ht-sf470 to my 60nx810, it rocks!.. paid 221 delvd. from thenerdsdotcom, got lucky.

You might want to remove the pic with those numbers if one of those is the serial.
post #641 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:

Your right that is the question i asked and to the person i asked it to there is NO PROBLEM with it and he even said he will be getting back to answering them soon.

For you two baboons to get in the middle of my convo with that guy which had no problem with what i asked because you feel butt-hurt for some ridiculous reason is a joke, so stay quiet because we dont need people like you on this forum. Ever.
post #642 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

sbx007-
How did you get that price for the ht-sf470? Thats a great price!
post #643 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 12:36 PM

The salesman talked me into buying this Power Center and the more I think about it the more I don't think I need it for my 46NX810! We mainly watch Cable TV a few movies and no gaming! Anybody have any thoughts?
post #644 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchi View Post

sbx007-
How did you get that price for the ht-sf470? Thats a great price!

Someone posted the deal on slickdealsdotnet and I'd been looking at this model so when I saw that price I just ordered it. Then a few people posted that thenerdsdotcom had crappy reseller ratings and wouldn't honor the price.
Then it seemed you could buy the same unit from restockit for a bit more, then you could buy it on ebay from restockit for a little less. there was some kind of rebate going on that weekend sony to dealer.. anyway, nerds came thru, maybe a price mistake, maybe not..I was surprised they didn't cancel the orders but I didn't hear any complaints. everyone that ordered got it(I think). If you want to save real money you have to watch those deal sites.
Not saying to buy stuff just b/c it's cheap or buy stuff you don't need, but nothing to lose and a lot of money to be saved. A lot of users on here became users after purchasing the 55nx810 from a deal posted on that site. Happy hunting.!

Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312645
post #645 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsangwc View Post

You might want to remove the pic with those numbers if one of those is the serial.

thx, no worries, no serial numbers on the box, just the production date part and s/o nu,bers.

Visit our settings page:
post #646 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post

The salesman talked me into buying this Power Center and the more I think about it the more I don't think I need it for my 46NX810! We mainly watch Cable TV a few movies and no gaming! Anybody have any thoughts?

we don't know what your talking about. what powercenter did the salesman "talk you into?"(dirty rat bas**). Some ofthose things are designed to protect your equipment.
How about the HDMI cable did you pay more than 10-20 bucks?

Visit our settings page:
post #647 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 01:24 PM

Monster Power Center HTS 1700

No cable was 30.00
post #648 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 04:33 PM

Finally took delivery of the wall unit I had mentioned in earlier posts. Took me 2 hours to set up all my stuff after taking delivery. Here is what it looks like... NX810 looks SWEET... I'm really glad I choose this TV!

You can see the Sony HT-CT350 sub woofer (left of the unit on the floor) and the Sound Bar is in front of the TV. Still pleased with this as well...
LL
LL
post #649 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnwolner View Post
Finally took delivery of the wall unit I had mentioned in earlier posts. Took me 2 hours to set up all my stuff after taking delivery. Here is what it looks like... NX810 looks SWEET... I'm really glad I choose this TV!

You can see the Sony HT-CT350 sub woofer (left of the unit on the floor) and the Sound Bar is in front of the TV. Still pleased with this as well...
Beautiful setup! I'm assuming it's the 55" right?
Does he Sony HT-CT350 soundbar match the length of the TV, or is it shorter?
Can it hook onto the TV display, or does it look funny if it is shorter? Also, if there is a hook attachment, can the soundbar be attached to the TOP of the NX810? Finally, given the size of your room, does the soundbar setup really give a good "surround sound" experience, or are the 5.1 setups drastically better? Thanks...!
post #650 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 09:27 PM

soundbars are glorified television speakers(with better lows) unless your talking about a yamaha soundprojector. they dont have anything on a 5.1 setup much less a good one. there is no replacing speakers behind you and the imaging from the different speaker locations.
post #651 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchi View Post
Beautiful setup! I'm assuming it's the 55" right?
Does he Sony HT-CT350 soundbar match the length of the TV, or is it shorter?
Can it hook onto the TV display, or does it look funny if it is shorter? Also, if there is a hook attachment, can the soundbar be attached to the TOP of the NX810? Finally, given the size of your room, does the soundbar setup really give a good "surround sound" experience, or are the 5.1 setups drastically better? Thanks...!
Thanks! The HT-CT350 is shorter than the length of the TV, but it looks fine to me. It comes with a mount, so it can actually connect to the TV (or to the wall) if the TV is wall mounted.

As for a true "surround sound" experience... I doubt it, but it's close enough considering it's a sound bar. It's much better than the speakers the TV is equipped with, and I like how everything runs through the integrated receiver/ sub woofer. The price was reasonable ($315). It's very easy to manage on a daily basis. I'm glad I got it.
post #652 of 6619 Old 11-23-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
soundbars are glorified television speakers(with better lows) unless your talking about a yamaha soundprojector. they dont have anything on a 5.1 setup much less a good one. there is no replacing speakers behind you and the imaging from the different speaker locations.

Maybe so, but it meets my needs. It's a family room, not a home theater. I wasn't willing to run speaker wire through the walls, so my options were limited, but I didn't want to settle with the "tinny" sound the built in speakers generate.

Not sure if you can tell from the photo, but I have a pretty open floor plan. It's in the middle of the house, and if I went too heavy with the sound system, no one would be able to sleep at night. One day I'll do a true HT in the rec room... projector, true 7.1... I'll "suffer" with the sound bar for the time being ;-).
post #653 of 6619 Old 11-24-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnwolner View Post

Maybe so, but it meets my needs. It's a family room, not a home theater. I wasn't willing to run speaker wire through the walls, so my options were limited, but I didn't want to settle with the "tinny" sound the built in speakers generate.

Not sure if you can tell from the photo, but I have a pretty open floor plan. It's in the middle of the house, and if I went too heavy with the sound system, no one would be able to sleep at night. One day I'll do a true HT in the rec room... projector, true 7.1... I'll "suffer" with the sound bar for the time being ;-).

I think you have the 60" NX810? So the CT350 bracket mounts on the 60" pedestal? The instructions list 40" and 46" so wanted to confirm.
post #654 of 6619 Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 AM

3D Deluxe Starter Kit

Opened the starter kit last night and found an HDMI cable packed with one pair of glasses. Is there something specific I am supposed to do with these cables or are they just extra to be used whenever need one?
post #655 of 6619 Old 11-24-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NR4P View Post

I think you have the 60" NX810? So the CT350 bracket mounts on the 60" pedestal? The instructions list 40" and 46" so wanted to confirm.

It's not mounted/ attached to anything. I just laid it in front of the TV.
post #656 of 6619 Old 11-24-2010, 08:13 AM

Hi Guys,

i am eyeing getting the 55nx810 but do you think the better deals will be this friday or later on closer to christmas....trying to debate!! appreciation any opinion.
post #657 of 6619 Old 11-24-2010, 10:22 AM

Hey do you guys use the "scenes" when watching diff types of TV streams? For example do you guys use the pre-set sport setting when watching sports or do you just use your own?
post #658 of 6619 Old 11-24-2010, 10:37 AM

Hey loving the TV i also added an HZ970W got a pretty good deal on it almost half the price, i will def get a new tv stand this weekend.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
post #659 of 6619 Old 11-24-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisx View Post

Hey do you guys use the "scenes" when watching diff types of TV streams? For example do you guys use the pre-set sport setting when watching sports or do you just use your own?

I use them, with customized settings. Mainly to define different brightness and motionflow settings for movies, general tv and sports.

Not sure if they are titled groups for settings or something more.
post #660 of 6619 Old 11-24-2010, 01:57 PM

I'm the happy owner of a 60NX810. Got it Monday from Sony and it's up and looking great.

I was up or cross grading from a KDS-60A2000 that has the 'Green Blob' effect.

I made some initial picture adjustments and all is good for Dish HD, just not sure about the best settings for Blu-ray 1080p. I put in Air Bender with the stock settings when I first hooked it up and it was so sharp, it looked like one of my 1080 home vids !!

I'm looking for suggestions to get that film like look the properly working A2000 had.

TIA
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Kdl60nx810 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl55nx810 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl46nx810 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led , Sony 60 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Xbr60lx900
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page