Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810) - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 6620 Old 10-15-2010, 01:45 AM
Member
 
AVSBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I posted the above message 2 hours ago at 11:30pm my time and now it is 1:45am my time and the prices are showing as $4229 for this television again!

Please dont tell me I just missed the cutoff by 1 hour?

AVSBurger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 6620 Old 10-15-2010, 03:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DCIFRTHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: New York
Posts: 2,159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nredding View Post

This is interesting. I have a bright halogen reading light. It is reflected in the NX810 and there are also 4 secondary green-red reflections arranged around the halogen's reflection.

I guess this is due to diffraction in the NX810's surface. I wonder if it is related to the 3-D capability?


Would you be so kind as to take another picture, setup the exact same way, but with the TV on?

Thanks!
DCIFRTHS is offline  
post #63 of 6620 Old 10-15-2010, 03:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DCIFRTHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: New York
Posts: 2,159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can the SONY logo, that lights up, when the TV is on, be turned off? I downloaded the manual for this set, but only the most basic features are covered in it.

Thanks!
DCIFRTHS is offline  
post #64 of 6620 Old 10-15-2010, 04:41 AM
Senior Member
 
theblackkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yes
theblackkeys is offline  
post #65 of 6620 Old 10-15-2010, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DCIFRTHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: New York
Posts: 2,159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackkeys View Post

Yes

Your answer is in response to turning off the glowing logo?
DCIFRTHS is offline  
post #66 of 6620 Old 10-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Member
 
MTech8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks everyone for your input on the installation cost. Uhm.. maybe I will just mount the TV myself. Just ordered the Omnimount, so I'll see how easy it is to get the TV onto the mount that is already secured onto the wall.

@AVSBurger. Wow. It was selling for $3300! That's a little less than what most people are paying with the 20% off when you buy 4 additional accessories.
MTech8 is offline  
post #67 of 6620 Old 10-15-2010, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
beinstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCIFRTHS View Post

Your answer is in response to turning off the glowing logo?

there is a control under settings that can shut it off
beinstein is offline  
post #68 of 6620 Old 10-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Member
 
AVSBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTech8 View Post

@AVSBurger. Wow. It was selling for $3300! That's a little less than what most people are paying with the 20% off when you buy 4 additional accessories.

I called Sony this morning desperate to try and get the deal again and she told me: "Sorry sir. Its a known bug on the store. It was showing that price but when you get to checkout, the total jumped back up to $4700 after tax. People were calling in asking what was wrong. It never should have said $3300".

Arrhgh.

Okay however - where can I get this TV for a little more than $3300 with 4 accessories?

-AVSB-
AVSBurger is offline  
post #69 of 6620 Old 10-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Member
 
MTech8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSBurger View Post

I called Sony this morning desperate to try and get the deal again and she told me: "Sorry sir. Its a known bug on the store. It was showing that price but when you get to checkout, the total jumped back up to $4700 after tax. People were calling in asking what was wrong. It never should have said $3300".

Arrhgh.

Okay however - where can I get this TV for a little more than $3300 with 4 accessories?

-AVSB-

Just call SonyStyle. Not sure if the promo is still going on. But it should be. You might need to call back more than once and talk to different sales rep. But it's suppose to be buy 5 accessories. But you might be able to get away with 4 cuz the TV counts as 5th item in cart. Still a decent deal.
MTech8 is offline  
post #70 of 6620 Old 10-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Member
 
AVSBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hmm. And youre sure the price goes all the way down to near $3300 including the accessories too?

Unfortunately sonystyle phone lines are closed now
AVSBurger is offline  
post #71 of 6620 Old 10-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Joe Jensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is my order.


Product: KDL60NX810
Per Unit Price: $3,383.99
Quantity: 1
Total Price: $3,383.99
Description: 60" BRAVIA NX810 Series 3D HDTV
Ship Method: Standard
Estimated Ship Date: 09/29/2010
________________________________________
Product: DLCHD10P
Per Unit Price: $23.99
Quantity: 5
Total Price: $119.96
Description: High Speed HDMI Cable - 3' 3"
Ship Method: Standard
Estimated Ship Date: 09/29/2010
________________________________________

________________________________________

Subtotal: $3,503.95
Tax:$301.34
Shipping Charges:$0.00
________________________________________
Order Total:$3,805.29
Joe Jensen is offline  
post #72 of 6620 Old 10-16-2010, 03:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DCIFRTHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: New York
Posts: 2,159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackkeys View Post

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by beinstein View Post

there is a control under settings that can shut it off

Thanks!
DCIFRTHS is offline  
post #73 of 6620 Old 10-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Member
 
AVSBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Man!!! They made you buy 5 HDMI cables! What are you going to do with those? LOL

I called Sonystyle and the lady confidently assured me they are not offering that special anymore. Now they're offering a super amazing deal that results in a $4,600 price tag.

I told her that was nearly a thousand more than the last offer they had only a week ago. She basically said "deal with it".

The current bundle with the 60" is an "Alice in Wonderland Bundle" - basically its the 3D accessories with Alice in wonderland items.

Yawn.
AVSBurger is offline  
post #74 of 6620 Old 10-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Joe Jensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSBurger View Post

Man!!! They made you buy 5 HDMI cables! What are you going to do with those? LOL

I called Sonystyle and the lady confidently assured me they are not offering that special anymore. Now they're offering a super amazing deal that results in a $4,600 price tag.

I told her that was nearly a thousand more than the last offer they had only a week ago. She basically said "deal with it".

The current bundle with the 60" is an "Alice in Wonderland Bundle" - basically its the 3D accessories with Alice in wonderland items.

Yawn.

The only disappointment in the price was the sales tax I had to pay because Sony has a Sony Style Store in Arizona.
Joe Jensen is offline  
post #75 of 6620 Old 10-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Senior Member
 
chiptouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lee's Summit, MO - Suburb of KC
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Do any of you 55NX810 owners have a problem with the stand that comes with the tv? I noticed that the tv does not stay horizontal. It might be about a 1/2" lower on the right side than the left. I have taken the tv down, removed the bracket, reinstalled the bracket, made sure that it was mounted on the base correctly. Nothing seems to make it look level. Do any of you have that problem?

Argyl Home Theater - Indefinitely Delayed

My Movie Library - and still growing!

Family Room: Sharp LC-80uq17u + Denon 3808ci + Oppo 93, Speakers: C: Polk CSi-A6, F(L+R): Polk Rti-A7, S(R+RS) Polk TC60i, Sub: HSU – VTF3-MK4
chiptouz is offline  
post #76 of 6620 Old 10-17-2010, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
beinstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post

Do any of you 55NX810 owners have a problem with the stand that comes with the tv? I noticed that the tv does not stay horizontal. It might be about a 1/2" lower on the right side than the left. I have taken the tv down, removed the bracket, reinstalled the bracket, made sure that it was mounted on the base correctly. Nothing seems to make it look level. Do any of you have that problem?

my 60" NX810 does not have that problem
It is perfectly level
the stand does have a lean forward though- I suspect that is by design
beinstein is offline  
post #77 of 6620 Old 10-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Member
 
AVSBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sounds like you might have a warranty issue chip! Im sure they'll swap the stand for you.

I finally purchased my 60NX810 yesterday. Id previously purchased the LX700 (?) - the non 3D model - and it was horrendously inferior. Really noticeable to me and everyone in my household. I got the alice in wonderland bundle which comes with the two 3D glasses, the 3d Blu Ray player, and a stuffed cheshire cat (kidding). $4600. Highway robbery. Oh well.
AVSBurger is offline  
post #78 of 6620 Old 10-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Senior Member
 
kdog750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
No spotlighting issues on this like the Samsung C8000 has then?
kdog750 is offline  
post #79 of 6620 Old 10-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Senior Member
 
TheAnswer_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How bad are the reflections?

Do these tv's auto-dim when the image is mostly black (like the Samsung edge-lit tv's)?

Any gamers able to test the input lag yet?

I'm considering the 60NX810.
TheAnswer_03 is offline  
post #80 of 6620 Old 10-17-2010, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
beinstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know how the Apple Ipod is supported on these Bravia sets?

When you connect under USB- "Apple iPod" shows up as an connected device- but there are no files

any info appreciated
beinstein is offline  
post #81 of 6620 Old 10-17-2010, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefmedia View Post

I have the 60" NX810 and mine does swivel on the base.

What is the dimensions of the base?, i.e the stand the 60" TV is on?. My 60nx810 is being delivered tommorow and I need a stand .. The dimesions from the specs tell me 12"x21", sony tech support tells me 15X21. I don't mind overlap(of the screen off the stand). Prices range significantly, and so I'm looking at a 20x40 inch stand from target as opposed to 500.00 stands that are 60x24 or whatever. Either way can anyone confirm the dimensions 12 inches depth, and 21 and 5/8 wide.

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312645
sbx007 is offline  
post #82 of 6620 Old 10-17-2010, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Jensen View Post

Here is my order.


Product: KDL60NX810
Per Unit Price: $3,383.99
Quantity: 1
Total Price: $3,383.99
Description: 60" BRAVIA NX810 Series 3D HDTV
Ship Method: Standard
Estimated Ship Date: 09/29/2010
________________________________________
Product: DLCHD10P
Per Unit Price: $23.99
Quantity: 5
Total Price: $119.96
Description: High Speed HDMI Cable - 3' 3"
Ship Method: Standard
Estimated Ship Date: 09/29/2010
________________________________________

________________________________________

Subtotal: $3,503.95
Tax:$301.34
Shipping Charges:$0.00
________________________________________
Order Total:$3,805.29

So where is the deal??? I got the same thing, minus 4 hdmi cables taht I can buy for 5.00 a piece, the 3d starter kit and sony installation for 400 bucks more. The 3d kit has an emitter, 2 pair opf 3d glasses and some crappy movie, and I got installtion. It's the way they bundle it. Same deal.. different bundle.

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312645
sbx007 is offline  
post #83 of 6620 Old 10-18-2010, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sbx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockland County, NY - 10952
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSBurger View Post

Sounds like you might have a warranty issue chip! Im sure they'll swap the stand for you.

I finally purchased my 60NX810 yesterday. Id previously purchased the LX700 (?) - the non 3D model - and it was horrendously inferior. Really noticeable to me and everyone in my household. I got the alice in wonderland bundle which comes with the two 3D glasses, the 3d Blu Ray player, and a stuffed cheshire cat (kidding). $4600. Highway robbery. Oh well.

It's the way they bundle it, mine came to 4500.00 w/ NYS tax, no bluray player but sony installation instead. It's just the way they bundle it keeps changing but the price stays teh same. I couldn't come near that price at the local stores or BB, etc. Next option was DELL but still works out to the same $$

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312645
sbx007 is offline  
post #84 of 6620 Old 10-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Member
 
stimperley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any more thoughts for the owner's of these? I'm considering the 46"810 or HX909. I know the 909 is supposed to have the best picture quality but am wondering how much of a difference there is.

Wife: How much time is left in that game.
Me: Only a few more minutes.
Wife(an hour later, nevermind you guys get the idea)
stimperley is offline  
post #85 of 6620 Old 10-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Joe Jensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The HX909, LX900, and NX810 (in 60") all have fantastic black levels. I've owned the NX810 for about 2 weeks now and with normal content I've never noticed ghosting or other black level issues. Now I'm sure if I put some "special" content on the screen I'd be able to scream that I have issues but with the movies and TV viewing so far, it's fantastic. I've even turned the dynamic edge lighting control on and off and view content and I'm unable to tell the difference. That said, if I could have bought a 60" HX909 that's what I would have bought.

Also, the black levels dimish very quickly as you move off axis. On axis the blacks are stunning. just 5 degrees off axis and they start to drop, and at 30 degrees off, they are bad. Viewed on axis the black bars on the screen disappear. Viewed 30 degrees off axis and they are dark grey.
Joe Jensen is offline  
post #86 of 6620 Old 10-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
phantomhitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got mine installed on Friday and enjoyed it all weekend.
55nx810
I would post pics but the fallout from how high it is mounted on my wall would be unbearable.
phantomhitman is offline  
post #87 of 6620 Old 10-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Member
 
loudog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomhitman View Post

I would post pics but the fallout from how high it is mounted on my wall would be unbearable.

To you or the readers? If about you, I wouldn't worry. You can only do what you can with the space you have.
loudog2 is offline  
post #88 of 6620 Old 10-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
phantomhitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
More from the other readers. Typical above fireplace install but had to go about 6 inches higher because of the center channel. Looks fine and seating is far enough way to not cause sore necks
phantomhitman is offline  
post #89 of 6620 Old 10-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Member
 
Jawad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomhitman View Post

More from the other readers. Typical above fireplace install but had to go about 6 inches higher because of the center channel. Looks fine and seating is far enough way to not cause sore necks

Show us! Don't let a few bad apples ruin it for us true fans. Also give us any other observations.

How about pictures with the lights off with nice blu-ray screen cap?
Jawad is offline  
post #90 of 6620 Old 10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Newbie
 
BrystonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Jensen View Post

The HX909, LX900, and NX810 (in 60") all have fantastic black levels. I've owned the NX810 for about 2 weeks now and with normal content I've never noticed ghosting or other black level issues. Now I'm sure if I put some "special" content on the screen I'd be able to scream that I have issues but with the movies and TV viewing so far, it's fantastic. I've even turned the dynamic edge lighting control on and off and view content and I'm unable to tell the difference. That said, if I could have bought a 60" HX909 that's what I would have bought.

Also, the black levels dimish very quickly as you move off axis. On axis the blacks are stunning. just 5 degrees off axis and they start to drop, and at 30 degrees off, they are bad. Viewed on axis the black bars on the screen disappear. Viewed 30 degrees off axis and they are dark grey.

Joe,
So would the best Sony 60" be the NX or LX ?
BrystonFan is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Kdl60nx810 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl55nx810 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl46nx810 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led , Sony 60 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Xbr60lx900
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off