Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810) - Page 34 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-06-2010, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbaz View Post
Anyone know if or where the 60" NX810 is being sold at with a PS3 Bundle..?
Not seeing 60's(810) sold with a ps3 bundle or the 3-d bundle or any bundle for that matter for the past month. Don't know what the story is with the 60's relative to the 55ers, not much size difference, yet no give on the 60-810 yet.. (from what I see). They at least gave you a 3-d kit and installation w/ the 60-810, now zilch.

60nx810 | htfs-470 | BX-58 | PS3 | SA 8300HD STB
Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312645
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster1978 View Post
Ya at tiger direct. Good idea or no?
check slickdeals.net, I think that's a good deal. try USappliance.com for comaprison..they had a bundle. A lot of users got their stuff from them.

Visit our settings page:
(SETTINGS ONLY!!) Sony Bravia KDL NX810 @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312645
Old 12-06-2010, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

BTW - don't be afraid by some of us picking on Sony. They make great TV's but their documentation leaves to be desired and support is spotty, their stands don't swivel for some to their likeing and their speakers I think most will agree really do suck. The TV should come with a decent stand/base w/ speakers better than that of a tin can radio. Aside from that most of us like our TV's.

Visit our settings page:
Old 12-06-2010, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Regarding the Sony add on lenses for their 3d glasses:

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/m...00%20189737969

I finally got a set last week and tried on on one of the 2 pairs of 3d glasses

The results are quite good- tilting my head no longer causes a shift in the 3d effect compared to the standard glasses which change as soon as you tilt your head at all

Of course if you tilt a full 90 degrees then the image darkens completely since the pair of polarizing lenses block the image from coming through

All in all- it was worth the hassle it took to get Sony to send them
Old 12-06-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post
Not seeing 60's(810) sold with a ps3 bundle or the 3-d bundle or any bundle for that matter for the past month. Don't know what the story is with the 60's relative to the 55ers, not much size difference, yet no give on the 60-810 yet.. (from what I see). They at least gave you a 3-d kit and installation w/ the 60-810, now zilch.
Dunno what exactly you mean by "give", but you might want to try actually walking in to a Sony Style store. I did this last weekend, and believe me there was plenty of "give", at least as to the set itself. Signficantly more give than I could find on any website, including Sony Style's website.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySassyGirl View Post
www.sony.com/3dregistration for the movies.

as for the game, it was a flyer that came along inside the instruction manual bag. You need to scratch off inside a small section to reveal a download code. It's not a free disc...but a download for your PS3.
Ya i know, the problem is that i didnt get one >_> or well its not in the bag so idk where it is, i searched the whole box etc, no voucher in the instruction manual bag, nothing.

edit: Anyone mind explaining what it looks like? does it have game graphics on it or is it just plan white paper or something?
Old 12-06-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I called Sony Style 4x throughout Black Friday weekend. Each time spent about 20 mins or so with a different person and dealed. You will be amazed what you can get. Learned that on this site weeks ago. Since actual price posts will be deleted, lets just say the 60NX810 was quite a bit into the double digits discount with the 3D bundle at n/c and even more deals on the S570 player plus expedited shipping and green glove (eco term, formerly white glove) service.

The key is not to let them register you on SonyStyle.com as you negotiate so they can't track you from person to person. Register when you finally get the deal you want.

Never left home and enjoying the TV.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

better yet..here is a picture of it for you

bottom left is for the free game...bottom right is the instruction for the free movies.
top two...junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisx View Post
Ya i know, the problem is that i didnt get one >_> or well its not in the bag so idk where it is, i searched the whole box etc, no voucher in the instruction manual bag, nothing.

edit: Anyone mind explaining what it looks like? does it have game graphics on it or is it just plan white paper or something?
Old 12-06-2010, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySassyGirl View Post
better yet..here is a picture of it for you

bottom left is for the free game...bottom right is the instruction for the free movies.
top two...junk

Ok no way did i get anything like that =(, ill give them a call.
Also once i register my product, how do i get the movies do they come by them selves? The canadian website is garbage, i cant even see my registered product -_- all i have is a confirmation e-mail from sony.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:30 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Does it create this effect consistently, or is it something that happens every 10 secs/1 min/5 mins?

I ask because Fios HD has a reputation for pixelated imagery. This happens more so with VOD and happens more to some customers while others remain unaffected. I have a Fios HD box and VOD quality can get pretty bad with pixelation happened every 20 seconds. I rarely use VOD, but the 3 or 4 movies I watched on it had this happen. The standard broadcast HD channels come in fine with little to no distortion.
I'd agree with this. The best way to see if it's the set or the service is to run both. It does seem that some VOD has more compression artifacts than the stuff that is being broadcasted. Even the broadcast stuff that I DVR via Comcast often appears to be of better quality than their VOD materials. You could technically test it a few ways. Watch a specific problem scene via broadcast, VOD, DVR, and the best option of course, Blu-ray. If you're getting motion artifacts in Blu-ray than it's an issue with the Motionflow and/or Cinemotion settings. If not, then it's likely you're seeing inherent compression artifacts in your cable/satellite content which may be exacerbated by the motion settings.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NR4P View Post

I called Sony Style 4x throughout Black Friday weekend. Each time spent about 20 mins or so with a different person and dealed. You will be amazed what you can get. Learned that on this site weeks ago. Since actual price posts will be deleted, lets just say the 60NX810 was quite a bit into the double digits discount with the 3D bundle at n/c and even more deals on the S570 player plus expedited shipping and green glove (eco term, formerly white glove) service.

The key is not to let them register you on SonyStyle.com as you negotiate so they can't track you from person to person. Register when you finally get the deal you want.

Sorry. I know those reps have no power to "deal" with you. They can take your order over the phone, but no deals. They can package and slice and dice but the end result be it EPP's sonystyle or bestbuy I haven't seen anyone pay less than retail. i.e. if you want the 60 incher w/ 3-d kit and installation you'll pay what's posted right now at sonystyle.com.

Visit our settings page:
Old 12-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

Old 12-06-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:

Sorry. I know those reps have no power to "deal" with you. They can take your order over the phone, but no deals. They can package and slice and dice but the end result be it EPP's sonystyle or bestbuy I haven't seen anyone pay less than retail. i.e. if you want the 60 incher w/ 3-d kit and installation you'll pay what's posted right now at sonystyle.com.

Why would I post such a thing with the double digit discount details if it wasn't true?

For the record, it was WAY below retail. Tax included.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:15 PM

I've had my set for a couple of days. The picture is great and seems to handle games well. I do have a spot of clouding on the bottom middle part of the screen(just left of the Sony logo). When I hit the home button, I can see a faint cloud. I'm not sure it is worth gambling on exchanging, since the rest of the screen is completely uniform. Any thoughts?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMafia View Post

55NX810 review... posted 12/6.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-revi...5nx810-review/

Is this the only review out so far on this TV..?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbaz View Post

Is this the only review out so far on this TV..?

Nope.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:10 PM

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and stumbled upon this thread while searching about problems with the 55" NX810. I picked up this TV on Saturday (12/4) from Best Buy along with the PS3/GT5 bundle and the Alice in Wonderland 3D Starter Kit. The deal was simply too good to pass up as I have been looking at getting a new TV for a while now and was planning on getting a PS3 very soon as well.

So basically from what I have read in this thread it appears that I have quite the NX810 specimen on my hands. First of all, the box and packaging appear to have never been replaced or tampered with and everything looks fine. However, upon unwrapping the base stand I notice that it has 3 separate dings/scratches all over. I agree that something this expensive should be perfect, but honestly to me they alone don't warrant a return of the TV. The big problem that I am having with the TV is that I also have the dim/darker spot problem located about 1.5 feet apart in the middle of the screen. This has been mentioned a few times in this thread and it appears that I'm going to have to take it up with Sony. Oh, and for further research and information purposes, my serial number starts with a 5 (Mexico/Canada apparently).

I just wanted to ask about Sony's warranty replacement process and for any tips anyone might have in dealing with them. I'm thinking that I'll demand a brand new undamaged stand as well as a panel replacement. What do you guys think? I thought I saw a post earlier that stated the replacement panel was worse than the original broken panel. Did that person ever achieve a satisfactory result and should I be worried about something like that happening to me?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Why not call BestBuy and report the problem. I would assume that a lot of people buy locally because they can exchange a damage one more easily than buying it online.

My serial # starts with a 5 and it has no problem. A bad LED can come from anywhere...even from the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalPULSE View Post

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and stumbled upon this thread while searching about problems with the 55" NX810. I picked up this TV on Saturday (12/4) from Best Buy along with the PS3/GT5 bundle and the Alice in Wonderland 3D Starter Kit. The deal was simply too good to pass up as I have been looking at getting a new TV for a while now and was planning on getting a PS3 very soon as well.

So basically from what I have read in this thread it appears that I have quite the NX810 specimen on my hands. First of all, the box and packaging appear to have never been replaced or tampered with and everything looks fine. However, upon unwrapping the base stand I notice that it has 3 separate dings/scratches all over. I agree that something this expensive should be perfect, but honestly to me they alone don't warrant a return of the TV. The big problem that I am having with the TV is that I also have the dim/darker spot problem located about 1.5 feet apart in the middle of the screen. This has been mentioned a few times in this thread and it appears that I'm going to have to take it up with Sony. Oh, and for further research and information purposes, my serial number starts with a 5 (Mexico/Canada apparently).

I just wanted to ask about Sony's warranty replacement process and for any tips anyone might have in dealing with them. I'm thinking that I'll demand a brand new undamaged stand as well as a panel replacement. What do you guys think? I thought I saw a post earlier that stated the replacement panel was worse than the original broken panel. Did that person ever achieve a satisfactory result and should I be worried about something like that happening to me?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Old 12-06-2010, 10:44 PM

I'm going to try calling up Best Buy tomorrow and see what they have to say about it. We've already bumped heads this weekend after they sent me on my way with the wrong set. They gave me a 55HX800 instead of the 55NX810 and unfortunately I didn't catch it until I was already home. Had to deal with the manager and everything to sort out that exchange, so I'm dreading trying to deal with them now that I have an open box and a not-up-to-par TV. I'm not really upset or worried about an immediate replacement because you can hardly notice the dark spots while watching it, I just want it to be fixed with the least hassle and worry on my end.

And as one member mentioned earlier, Best Buy has a remarkable ability to be out of stock of exactly what you need exactly when you want it. I also overheard the stocker at the store mention that they were almost out of stock because they were selling so quickly.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:

Sorry, but that's just flat wrong, unless you are literally talking only about the TV plus the kit plus installation, instead of some general rule about the relationship between available prices and listed prices on SonyStyle.com.

Sony Style stores sometimes discount TVs below the price given on SonyStyle.com., but only if you come in store. For example, that is precisely what happened to me this past weekend with this TV. Sonystyle.com said price was X. Happened to go to the Sony Style store five minutes from my house to buy a couple of Move Controllers for a PS3, and what did I see but a brand, spankin' new KDL60-NX810, for almost a grand less. At that price, I went for it, getting the original seller of my HX800 to price match on the NX810, and take back the HX800 in exchange for the NX810. Getting it delivered Thursday am. I already had a 3d kit from the HX800 purchase (plus a blu ray player), and that's a straight transfer to the NX810.

We'll see how I like it. I already like the extra 19% in viewing area, because I'm a size slut
Old 12-07-2010, 04:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Do not settle for that known dark spot on some TV set. I know I would be annoyed by that spot if I knew about it. I would be looking for it every time I'm watching TV.

Try to get a replacement or return the thing and buy somewhere else. Call BestBuy corporate and complain if you have to.

If more people find out how they treat their customers when buying a TV set locally from them, then I'm sure people would rather buy it online instead. The only reason I would buy from BestBuy is the convenience to exhange/return a purchase locally. If they can't offer that service, then why bother buying from them?
Quote:
I'm going to try calling up Best Buy tomorrow and see what they have to say about it. We've already bumped heads this weekend after they sent me on my way with the wrong set. They gave me a 55HX800 instead of the 55NX810 and unfortunately I didn't catch it until I was already home. Had to deal with the manager and everything to sort out that exchange, so I'm dreading trying to deal with them now that I have an open box and a not-up-to-par TV. I'm not really upset or worried about an immediate replacement because you can hardly notice the dark spots while watching it, I just want it to be fixed with the least hassle and worry on my end.

And as one member mentioned earlier, Best Buy has a remarkable ability to be out of stock of exactly what you need exactly when you want it. I also overheard the stocker at the store mention that they were almost out of stock because they were selling so quickly.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:53 AM

Alright so I just got off the phone with the customer service rep at my local best buy. I told her about the dark spots and the stand being scratched up and that I would like to return it for an exchange. I asked her if they had any in stock and according to her no Best Buy store in the entire district has one in stock and it appears to be an online only deal now. I'm going to call a couple of the other Best Buy stores in my area to try to confirm if this is the case. But it's currently sounding like they will exchange the TV after I bring it back to them, but then I'll be without a new TV for 3-5 business days while they ship a new one to me. Very disappointing...
Old 12-07-2010, 10:38 AM

Just a quick update. Called basically all of the Best Buy stores in my area and found 1 store that has just 1 in stock. They went ahead and put it on hold for me and told me it won't be a problem to exchange it. Hopefully this one will be perfect!

Would they be able to unbox the new TV at the store and test it out so I know that the new one is up to standards? Seems like it would be a good idea to know immediately so I won't have to waste any more time worrying about it.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NR4P View Post

NR4P please PM me your deal. I already sent you a pm. Thanks
Old 12-07-2010, 11:09 AM

@bruce m can you please let us know how the overall pq of the nx810 compares to your hx800 once you receive it? Ive been trying to find out how these compare for a while now but its hard to get a solid comparison for both, thanks.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Alright so I just got off the phone with the customer service rep at my local best buy. I told her about the dark spots and the stand being scratched up and that I would like to return it for an exchange. I asked her if they had any in stock and according to her no Best Buy store in the entire district has one in stock and it appears to be an online only deal now. I'm going to call a couple of the other Best Buy stores in my area to try to confirm if this is the case. But it's currently sounding like they will exchange the TV after I bring it back to them, but then I'll be without a new TV for 3-5 business days while they ship a new one to me. Very disappointing...

Wow, great news for Sony I guess - looks like they can't make TVs fast enough :-)
Old 12-07-2010, 11:45 AM

I just bought two NX810s (One 55" and One 46"). I knew the issue with sound before I bought, but could not turn down such a great TV in the other (more important) areas.

One of my TVs will be hooked-up through surround sound, but I am looking for sound improvement on the other TV. Is anyone using a sound bar? If so, which one? Do you like the sound bar? Please advise...

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:21 PM

Is there an official NX810 Calibration Thread or are owners just not posting theirs here?

BJ
Old 12-07-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebes24 View Post

I just bought two NX810s (One 55" and One 46"). I knew the issue with sound before I bought, but could not turn down such a great TV in the other (more important) areas.

One of my TVs will be hooked-up through surround sound, but I am looking for sound improvement on the other TV. Is anyone using a sound bar? If so, which one? Do you like the sound bar? Please advise...

Thanks!

The Bose cinemate GS series II makes for some pretty awesome sound quality with only taking up minimal space and doesnt get in the way of the design too much. They are pricey but well worth it IMO.

Another option is the Sony HTCT150/350 soundbars which are also pretty good.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Same thing happened to me last Friday. Returned my set due to a number of problems and no other store in the district had them, so they ordered me a new one to arrive on the 9th since the warehouse had 30+ is stock.

Home Theater (Updated 12/15/2010)

Tags
Sony Bravia Kdl60nx810 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl55nx810 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl46nx810 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Ready Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led , Sony 60 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Xbr60lx900