Have any of you used Assurant Solutions' Extended Warranty service? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-10-2010, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought my HDTV at the end of 2008 before Circuit City went out of business. I bought a 3-year extended warranty from them and from what I understand Assurant Solutions handles the warranties now.

I'm just wondering about the repair process. With Circuit City they would just switch the TV out or come to your house to repair it I believe, but how does it work with Assurant Solutions?

Have any of you used Assurant Solutions' Extended Warranty service? If so, what was the process?

PS: In case anyone was wondering my TV has a weird blemish on the right side. It's kind of an arc stretching from the top of the screen to the bottom on the right. I can only see it when grays or blues appear on screen, but it is very distracting.

I also have burn-in on both sides (weird for an LCD) which again can only be seen in some grays and blues and I'm pretty sure was caused by watching too many shows in 4:3. I'm not sure if thats covered under the warranty though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-10-2010, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Assurant was always the the one who handled Circuit City warranties, nothing has changed, except Circuit City is gone now. Circuit City was never the warranty provider or insurer, they just sold the warranties. Call Assurant, they'll ask you some questions, have you do some over the phone trouble shooting (which is typically useless, but it's procedure), once they've gotten your information, they'll typically schedule a day and time to have a tech come look at your TV. At that point, they either order a part and fix it, or cut you a check and you go buy a new TV.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-10-2010, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
might be able to get some answers here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1281503
post #4 of 6 Old 10-11-2010, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by topr View Post

might be able to get some answers here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1281503

According to that topic I will probably only get around 15% of the original MSRP. I would rather they just fix it if possible. Have any of you had the weird problem my tv has?
post #5 of 6 Old 10-13-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster_Ear View Post

According to that topic I will probably only get around 15% of the original MSRP. I would rather they just fix it if possible. Have any of you had the weird problem my tv has?

No, no, and no. That person is a moron from what I can tell from other members talking about him.

Read the whole thread. By the way, I started that thread.

I am in the process of dealing with Assurant Solutions right now, and it is isnt pretty. They've already opened 4 case numbers because they cant get their crap straight.

It has been a horrible situation. They are giving me the run around. They did schedule an appoinment, and a tech came out and told me my Mit DLP needed a new light engine. But then everything fell apart. Assurant claims to not be able to find anyone who is Mitsubishi authorized to buy the light engine and replace it.

I have a feeling they are just trying to get me to go away.

a really big HDTV,
a really fast computer with blu-ray burner,
a really nice HD camcorder...
and no software to burn blu-ray
post #6 of 6 Old 12-06-2010, 03:38 PM

I am still waiting for the check they supposedly sent me. It's been 14 days and they give me the run around every-time I call and hang up on me after hours on the phone. Has anyone on here actually received a check and how long did it take to get to you? If not what did you do about it? Thanks
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page