LG 55LE5500 No picture after firmware update - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Epic Night ! ...... I just successfully Updated my LG55LE8500 HDTV Software/Firmware from Version 08.00.02 to the newly available Software/Firmware Update Version 08.00.05 !!!!!

I guess Miracles happen once in awhile! Good Luck fellow LG HDTV Owners.....

"Skype" has still not been added as a NetCast Selection Choice......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2010, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I took the plunge and did the update to 06.00.04 with NO problems. When that was complete it told me that 08.00.05 is available. Not sure if I'm gonna go there yet since 08.00.04 bricked my set, but a few people in the LE8500 forum are reporting successful 08.00.05 updates.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, in the name of testing to see if it works, I took the plunge and did the update to 08.00.05. It worked PERFECTLY! My set downloaded the update, rebooted once, then rebooted again and all was well!! Looks like LG fixed whatever the issue was. Good luck to anyone else who trys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txskeets View Post

Ok, I took the plunge and did the update to 06.00.04 with NO problems. When that was complete it told me that 08.00.05 is available. Not sure if I'm gonna go there yet since 08.00.04 bricked my set, but a few people in the LE8500 forum are reporting successful 08.00.05 updates.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:44 AM

So I called the tech company that LG sent my ticket to this morning. They said that they heard that LG had a bad software push (right) and that LG was going to be sending out a fix. They were not sure if the fix was suppose to come to me or them. I reminded them of the main board that had to be replaced. So the lady answering the phone said she would look into it, call LG, verify what was being sent and to who, and would give me a call back today.

Do you think LG is looking to just send out a USB with software to everyone? Didn't sound like the one person in the forum had much luck with that.

So my TV is still bricked, no picture, do you think there is a way to enter key strokes and see if the push will come down? Can you guys with pics restored walk me through the key strokes? I figure it can't get worse.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

My opinion is that they will not be able to fix bricked sets with just a software update. I think they are going to have to replace the mainboards in the sets that are bricked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmmartinez03 View Post

So I called the tech company that LG sent my ticket to this morning. They said that they heard that LG had a bad software push (right) and that LG was going to be sending out a fix. They were not sure if the fix was suppose to come to me or them. I reminded them of the main board that had to be replaced. So the lady answering the phone said she would look into it, call LG, verify what was being sent and to who, and would give me a call back today.

Do you think LG is looking to just send out a USB with software to everyone? Didn't sound like the one person in the forum had much luck with that.

So my TV is still bricked, no picture, do you think there is a way to enter key strokes and see if the push will come down? Can you guys with pics restored walk me through the key strokes? I figure it can't get worse.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachn View Post

Epic Night ! ...... I just successfully Updated my LG55LE8500 HDTV Software/Firmware from Version 08.00.02 to the newly available Software/Firmware Update Version 08.00.05 !!!!!

I guess Miracles happen once in awhile! Good Luck fellow LG HDTV Owners.....

"Skype" has still not been added as a NetCast Selection Choice......

Did the firmware reduce the banding at all?
Old 10-20-2010, 06:11 PM

The USB flash drive update was actually v08.00.04, not version 9. I checked this by looking at the file name on the usb drive on my computer.

The service tech came today because the USB flash drive update failed last night. He brought a "service remote" and they thought they could force the update with that and the USB flash drive. That didn't work.
Good thing he also had the main board with him. He swapped that out, powered up and video appeared. The version of that was v5 and i then updated to v6 then to the current version 08.00.05
It works, Finally !!

On a side note, the LG rep that sent me the USB drive offered me a 3 month warranty extension for my inconvenience and effort to try the USB.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano583 View Post

The USB flash drive update was actually v08.00.04, not version 9. I checked this by looking at the file name on the usb drive on my computer.

The service tech came today because the USB flash drive update failed last night. He brought a "service remote" and they thought they could force the update with that and the USB flash drive. That didn't work.
Good thing he also had the main board with him. He swapped that out, powered up and video appeared. The version of that was v5 and i then updated to v6 then to the current version 08.00.05
It works, Finally !!

On a side note, the LG rep that sent me the USB drive offered me a 3 month warranty extension for my inconvenience and effort to try the USB.

Well that was customer focused of them. Congrats!!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:

My opinion is that they will not be able to fix bricked sets with just a software update. I think they are going to have to replace the mainboards in the sets that are bricked.

You are probably right based on what I'm seeing in this forum. Found out today the part didn't get ordered until yesterday morning and expect 3-5 days for arrival. Looks like no tv for the weekend.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Sucks that you wont have TV for the weekend (I'd personally call up LG and bitch until they did something about it), but on the flip side is when the tech comes out, do the software update while he is there. Though it should work with no problems, at least he will be there if there is.

Quote:

You are probably right based on what I'm seeing in this forum. Found out today the part didn't get ordered until yesterday morning and expect 3-5 days for arrival. Looks like no tv for the weekend.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:30 AM

txskeets... Yes, I also got the wireless media box and the wall mount. I have the TV sitting in the stand right now. Have not tried to mount the TV on the wall. As for the wireless media box.. I also bought an LG LHB 335 Home Theater System when I bought the TV. I built my own entertainment center a few years back and it sits several feet away from the TV. I hooked the HTS into the wireless media box along with an Xbox360 and a Wii and my Verizon FIOS DVR. So over on the TV stand I only have a center speaker and the Wii sensor. All of the other cabling is hidden away in the entertainment center. I can play the sound from the DVR, Xbox, and Wii through the HTS while watching them on the TV. I was afraid there might be some kind of delay concerning picture vs. sound since it is a wireless connection to the TV but it all works great!!

Also.... As a follow up.... I have the new TV and sure enough, it popped up and said there was a new software version. No, didn't load it. Called the LG Tech about it. He said he had found a new main board in the warehouse and asked me to go ahead and try the download. Hmmm.... He told me that if it didn't work he would immediately come to the house and replace the blown one. Ok... I did the download but it was only up to version 6 (something). TV rebooted and works fine. The next day it came up and told me it had another version. Couldn't get the tech on the phone so did not do the new upgrade. Then I decided to try to plug the network cable into the home theater system. Found out that it has more features than the TV does!! It also had a software update. What the heck...go for it. It upgraded and now I have even more features!! Worked out well in the long run.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Cool...that gives me some ideas for my wireless media box.

As for the updates on the TV...I did the 6.x.x update and then it told me there was an 08.00.05 update. I threw caution to the wind and did the update to 08.00.05 and it went smooth as anything. So, I'm all updated now and had no issues when I did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d10man View Post

txskeets... Yes, I also got the wireless media box and the wall mount. I have the TV sitting in the stand right now. Have not tried to mount the TV on the wall. As for the wireless media box.. I also bought an LG LHB 335 Home Theater System when I bought the TV. I built my own entertainment center a few years back and it sits several feet away from the TV. I hooked the HTS into the wireless media box along with an Xbox360 and a Wii and my Verizon FIOS DVR. So over on the TV stand I only have a center speaker and the Wii sensor. All of the other cabling is hidden away in the entertainment center. I can play the sound from the DVR, Xbox, and Wii through the HTS while watching them on the TV. I was afraid there might be some kind of delay concerning picture vs. sound since it is a wireless connection to the TV but it all works great!!

Also.... As a follow up.... I have the new TV and sure enough, it popped up and said there was a new software version. No, didn't load it. Called the LG Tech about it. He said he had found a new main board in the warehouse and asked me to go ahead and try the download. Hmmm.... He told me that if it didn't work he would immediately come to the house and replace the blown one. Ok... I did the download but it was only up to version 6 (something). TV rebooted and works fine. The next day it came up and told me it had another version. Couldn't get the tech on the phone so did not do the new upgrade. Then I decided to try to plug the network cable into the home theater system. Found out that it has more features than the TV does!! It also had a software update. What the heck...go for it. It upgraded and now I have even more features!! Worked out well in the long run.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:

Sucks that you wont have TV for the weekend (I'd personally call up LG and bitch until they did something about it), but on the flip side is when the tech comes out, do the software update while he is there. Though it should work with no problems, at least he will be there if there is.

Of course this was the tech that asked why I upgraded to the new version, did someone tell me to do it. I said, of course, it was on the screen.

As a side note, I turned on the tv last night and I can always tell when it hooks up to the router. So it did, I clicked on netcast even tho no pic, and I noticed it was behaving like it down when the software downloaded. I noticed activity on the router, so I let it sit. It appears that it did load whatever software was out there but still did not fix the pic. You were 100% right on that.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:20 PM

Well I guess I'm the last one that still doesn't to get my tv fixed. Received a call today that the main boards are on backorder so LG is going to replace my TV. Of course, I have to fax all the details along w a case number and wait for someone to call me.

This is really sad!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Well that sucks that your set is still not fixed, but at least you are going to get a new TV out of the deal. Tell them to send you an upgraded model or a free Blu Ray player for your troubles.

Quote:

Well I guess I'm the last one that still doesn't to get my tv fixed. Received a call today that the main boards are on backorder so LG is going to replace my TV. Of course, I have to fax all the details along w a case number and wait for someone to call me.

This is really sad!!!

Old 10-28-2010, 10:26 AM

Attention !!!
I just successfully downloaded the new LG Software/Firmware Version 08.00.06 to my LG55LE8500 HDTV !!! Smooth Install !!!

No Skype yet !!!

Go Giants !!!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Hmmmm, so there is a 08.00.06 now? Were you on 08.00.05 before?

Quote:

Attention !!!
I just successfully downloaded the new LG Software/Firmware Version 08.00.06 to my LG55LE8500 HDTV !!! Smooth Install !!!

Go Giants !!!

Old 10-28-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Hmmmm, so there is a 08.00.06 now? Were you on 08.00.05 before?

Yes ..... I went from Version 08.00.05 to Version 08.00.06

Mrs. TxSkeets might let you tune in the 2010 World Series S.F. Giants vs. Texas Rangers Game 2 tonight if you behave yourself and get this latest Software/Firmware Version 08.00.06 successfully installed today !!

Game 2 Summary: Giants were Smokin Hot while trying out Texas Skeet Shooting using the Rangers as the target.... Wow! Nine to Zip !! I was worried that my LG HDTV would start Smokin from the incredible Giants Heat !! S.F. Newspapers are calling Game 2 the "Texas Cain-Saw Massacre". Cain happens to be the Giants Pitcher that spearheaded the victory.....
Old 10-28-2010, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

LOL....hell, I'm just happy to see the Rangers finally in the World Series.

Quote:

Yes ..... I went from Version 08.00.05 to Version 08.00.06

Mrs. TxSkeets might let you tune in the 2010 World Series S.F. Giants vs. Texas Rangers Game 2 tonight if you behave yourself and get this latest Software/Firmware Version 08.00.06 successfully installed today !!

Old 11-02-2010, 02:21 AM

I'm about to get this set for the first time here in Canada, it seems like 08.00.05 and up is safe. When my sets delivered they're suppose to check for any problems, I mind as well ask them to do the firmware update on the spot.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thats probably not a bad idea. Not sure if you will see this in Canada yet, but we now have 08.00.06 here for this set. I installed that with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clazziquai View Post

I'm about to get this set for the first time here in Canada, it seems like 08.00.05 and up is safe. When my sets delivered they're suppose to check for any problems, I mind as well ask them to do the firmware update on the spot.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:15 PM

Well it has been 1 month and 2 days and my new tv was just delivered. U clicked the netcast button and it wants to download the new software.

I cannot remember how to check the versions available. Tips or just click on update?
Old 11-14-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:

I cannot remember how to check the versions available. Tips or just click on update?

Press Menu and then press the red button. Select Software Update from that menu and then Check for Update. If/When it finds an update it should tell you the version number of the new update that is available. Note that once it finds an update it most likely won't let you use any network functionality until you allow it to install the new version.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:24 PM

I checked current version which is 6.02.01. The update version is 8.00.11. Does that sound right? Should I calk LG first? I just got my baby and I'm nervous. But u are absolutely correct. I can use netflixs unless I update.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thats the correct version. I installed it on mine last week, but I was on 8.00.06 before.

Quote:

I checked current version which is 6.02.01. The update version is 8.00.11. Does that sound right? Should I calk LG first? I just got my baby and I'm nervous. But u are absolutely correct. I can use netflixs unless I update.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:00 PM

Finally did it. It worked!!! Thank you
Old 12-01-2010, 08:27 AM

I just successfully downloaded Software/Firmware Version 08.02.08 to my LG55LE8500

Includes some NetCast Updates/Additions .......

Cheers !!!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

What additions and updates did it include? Are you in the US or Canada?

Quote:

I just successfully downloaded Software/Firmware Version 08.02.08 to my LG55LE8500

Cheers !!!

Old 12-01-2010, 05:51 PM

LOL! I can't believe this sh#t is still going on with LG's. I have a 55LE5400 i bought back in the early spring. I tried a software update soon after, and that destroyed the main board. It was replaced by a tech under warranty. I was not the only one this happened too with this model either. To this day i have refused to do anymore updates and reading this thread has just reinforced my decision. I rent red box movies just across the street from me at $1 or $1.50 for blu-ray. That's good enough for me. Don't need internet stuff since my laptop is wired to my TV anyways. Hey, does anyone know who makes the main boards for these LG panels? I'm thinking their doin some pretty good business nowadays! Gotta buy me some stock in that company.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:

Cheers !!!

Has anyone tried it on the 55LE5500??