Vizio XVT373SV - Randomly Turns On...? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-13-2010, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a new Vizio XVT373SV and it has turned itself on twice while I was at work. The second time it wouldn't turn back off until I unplugged it. Is anyone else having issues with this TV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-13-2010, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Here ya go

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&highlight=rvr
post #3 of 6 Old 10-13-2010, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I saw that thread, but it appears to be more about rebooting and less about booting. Though I did see a couple people on the second page have the same problem that I have.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 PM

I purchase the first 553 on 12/4 and after coming home from work 3 days in a row and finding the TV turned on I called Vizio. They said they would send someone out to look at it - I decided to take it back to Sam's and get it exchanged ... thought that maybe I got a bad unit. Well guess what, came home from work on Monday 12/13 and the TV was on again. Guess I'll let the vizio tech come out - still waiting to hear back from them to setup a date?? Got about 80 day's until I need to return it - hope I don't need to because it does have a great picture - but if this keeps up I'll probably be returning it, I can plug it into a switch controlled outlet so it would not be a big deal but I figure there might be other "faults" with this unit if they can't get it resolved in the 80 day's.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-14-2010, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

My TV hasn't done this for weeks now. There was a firmware update that was pushed to it and it hasn't had any issues since then. It also appeared to fix the trouble that I was having with the wireless connection to my router.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-20-2013, 10:17 AM

mine has same problem, bought it last Christmas and month ago it started turning back on long after turned off. not from neighbors remote either. also how come a "smart TV" dont display the next few hours channel guide like old non smart TV did? and guild/info buttons do same thing why waste 2 buttons. NOT Impressed at all with TV its the 42" model with extended warranty but thats worthless apparently from below comment.. this is how China screws us after purchase huh? also cant update profiles like on netflix on this POS. box should say "Retarded TV"
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio 37 Inch Full Hd Led Lcd Hdtv Xvt373sv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page