Visio remote problems - 2 TVs in one room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there any way to change the remote codes on the Vizio SV470M or SV420M? My brother and his roommates just bought one of each and they are set up right next to each other. Both TVs use the same remotes so they can't control them individually. Are there any settings to set one to use a different set of codes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2010, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 111
No, each manufactuer has its own unique code (or codes). If the two VIZIO TVs use exactly the same code then the two remotes are also going to use the same codes. Either move the TVs away from each other or I'd say you will continue to have a problem.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

No, each manufactuer has its own unique code (or codes). If the two VIZIO TVs use exactly the same code then the two remotes are also going to use the same codes. Either move the TVs away from each other or I'd say you will continue to have a problem.

Some manufacturers let you set remote id's so you can number your devices and remotes. That way if you have multiple devices in one room you don't have this problem. Does anyone know if Vizio has this feature? Maybe in the service menu?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The VIZIO ( notice the bright lit up logo on the front of the set? any S's in it ? ) TV's you guys have use IR remotes. I think the feature you are thinking of only pertains to devices that use RF remotes. ( some satellite receivers for instance. )

To put it simply, both TVs use the exact same remote and IR code set to function. Putting them next to each other will always yield an issue unless you block the IR receiver on one of the sets. ( which then means it wont get ANY remote commands period unless you uncover the receiver. )

Move them so they aren't next to each other or just gonna have to deal with it.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboRUSH View Post

The VIZIO ( notice the bright lit up logo on the front of the set? any S's in it ? ) TV's you guys have use IR remotes. I think the feature you are thinking of only pertains to devices that use RF remotes. ( some satellite receivers for instance. )

To put it simply, both TVs use the exact same remote and IR code set to function. Putting them next to each other will always yield an issue unless you block the IR receiver on one of the sets. ( which then means it wont get ANY remote commands period unless you uncover the receiver. )

Move them so they aren't next to each other or just gonna have to deal with it.

Hmmm... where have I heard that before? Oh, that's right, I already said it (just wasn't as wordy)
Old 10-14-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Hmmm... where have I heard that before? Oh, that's right, I already said it (just wasn't as wordy)

Yep. Was just re-iterating for ya. Looks like the OP want satisfied with your response ^_^
Old 10-14-2010, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

There are TVs and other devices that have this function that use IR remotes. I was asking Specifically about Vizio (excuse the typo and like I said they aren't my TVs.) Your answer didn't address that question. My Onkyo receiver has this feature, so do some Pioneer Plasma TVs, and other devices.

You incorrectly said "each manufactuer has its own unique code (or codes)"

So no I wasn't satisfied with that wrong answer and I tried to be more specific to what I as asking.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:14 PM

Right, sorry. Allow me to clarify.

NO. THE VIZIO TELEVISIONS YOUR BROTHER PURCHASED CAN NOT DO THIS.

Better ?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM

Check to see if there is an option to plug in an extended remote sensor, cover the sensor in the front, place the plugged in remote sensor as far away as possible from the other TV.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:12 AM

Another option. There are stand alone sensors. Where you can send a signal from another room. You will have a transmitter and reciever, which tranmit an FM signal to communicate. I've bought these at Radio Shack. So place the transmitter in front of the sensor on one TV, and shield the two from outside remote signals. Then place the receiver far away from the other TV.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey, Matt, I see you're a newbie who just joined today, but you do realize this is a 2 1/2 year old thread that hasn't been responded to since 10/14/2010 don't you? confused.gif
Old 01-31-2014, 12:24 PM

Hey, BoilerJim, I see you're an experienced user with a long history of salty responses, but you do realize that matt3261 provided very useful info and ideas and that the age of the thread is totally irrelevant when it comes to the spread of education and learning don't you? 

Thanks matt3261!  You were very helpful!

Tags
Vizio 47 Inch Lcd Hdtv Sv470m