LG 32LD450 using as a pc monitor HDMI or RGB? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-17-2010, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the LG 32LD450 LCD TV and am using it as a pc monitor. I have a quick question. I have dvi output on my video card. Should I use DVI or RGB from my pc to connect to the TV? I was thinking of using RGB somehow the picture would be less "fuss" and actually be clearer then HDMI. The TV when connected to HDMI does have a 'just scan 1:1' mode.

Should I use HDMI or RGB? What are the benefits/cons?

Thanks guys!

Edit: Just a note for people who use this TV as a pc monitor...DO NOT change the input name to PC. It changes your video setting from just scan 1:1 to 16:9. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-18-2010, 04:07 AM

(DVI = HDMI) > VGA

VGA isn't as good in quality picture, and more dependent on a quality shielded cable: otherwise you'll lose sharpness.

Basically VGA is fine, but if your PC has HDMI, I'd suggest you use that. DVI is actually a connection that I've never used, but since it's technically equal in signal quality to the HDMI it's also a good option.

In the end, all 3 are going to be fine, just make sure that when using VGA: you aren't using a low-quality "pencil thick" cable, you want it to be 2-pencils thick.

No matter which connection you choose, always calibrate the TV afterward, checking-and-rechecking every option for optimum picture quality.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-28-2010, 10:02 AM

Hello,

I connected PC via VGA to LG 42LD420, using nvidia multiple display adapter to configure it as a primary display, 32 bit color, 1920X1080, and after returning from rgb input to antena, I seem to have lost picture quality, it simply doesn't look as natural as before. Returning to factory settings does not help, as well as trying manual adjustments (before that I didn't touch anything but choosing initially "HOME USE", and aspect ratio which I have changed from 16:9 to "Original" and picture was perfect). Is there a possibility to save separate settings for each input? What crucial setting am I missing? Thanks in advance.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-28-2010, 01:12 PM

Not sure about the 42LD420, but the 42LD520 does automatically save the settings for each individual input.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page