Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 37 Old 02-08-2011, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by damag0r View Post

I got one... my main complaint is there are some settings I want to change which always seem locked out when using HDMI inputs... sort of making the 4 HDMI inputs useless for me.

In "Custom" mode when using an HDMI input it does not let me turn off "Color Enhancement", Adaptive Luma, and Noise Reduction is forced on "low". No way to turn it off. Also text is pretty much unreadable using the HDMI inputs with a computer, I can't understand why text is unreadable at such a high resolution??? It's like it's thinned out.. I can't explain it...

In "Game" mode at least it turns off Noise Reduction, Color Enhancement, and Adaptive Luma... BUT... then it locks out the color temp setting and in game mode the thing is way too blue... there is an interesting option that appears under game mode called "Fast Response", that doesn't appear in custom mode either.

I called their support and complained about it.... basically treated me like some kind of dick for questioning their almighty firmware developers. I might return the TV over this... quite annoying honestly... shame as otherwise I would be very happy with it... lame they have to ruin it by locking me out of setting me own TV how I'd like to set it.... and then treating me like a moron for wanting to disable crap like adaptive luma and noise reduction (I think the noise reduction is increasing response time is why I want it off)... honestly I would keep it in game mode all the time even for normal viewing if it weren't for the fact it locks the color temp in at uber blue... makes the color look like crap... what a shame...

Edit: it won't let me even adjust the backlight level or brightness/contrast when in game mode... argh... WHY?!

Edit2: if I have nothing plugged into the hdmi port... then I can turn those things off in custom or home mode... then when I plug it back in the settings stay the same... weird... I guess I can live with it now though at least... just wish I could adjust the backlight, brightness, and contrast while in game mode so my eyes don't bleed from the backlight being way way too bright... headache inducing... game mode isn't so great imo because I still can't change the backlight and brightness/contrast settings (or color temp)

Edit3: after turning off some of the dumb options with the hdmi port unplugged, then plugging it back in... text from computer is now quite readable... nothing like my computer monitor... but OK for a TV I suppose.

B1gwOrm

Can you tell me your exact settings I am not a pro at this and need all the help I can get......?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 02-08-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E370VA View Post

Just bought this from Costco for 399 and I am having exactly the same problems as you. The settings are locked and it skips over them for any other setting but custom, but when i choose custom some settings disappear like the one I need which is fast response which lowers the audio video lag. This does seem like a lemon tv due to that fact it seems everyone has the same problems. Did anyone ever find a way to get into the factory settings menu? It seems like this could be fixable to just unlock all the settings that the tv offers which would fix all the issues I am having.

It does have audio/video lag from just watching HD over the air or w/ cable and gaming is not possible unless you put it in the game setting which doesn't let you adjust any of the other picture settings like brightness, tint, color, etc.

Are there any solutions to this or should I just return it? Any advice?

So what did you end up doing after all?
post #33 of 37 Old 02-08-2011, 03:26 PM

Returned it, even w/ gaming mode lag was too bad and for HD tv i couldnt get the audio to sync up. I emailed support and they confirmed there is no way to change the locked settings that it skips over. Ended up getting one off of amazon, amazon.com/gp/product/B0038JED7Q/ same price after tax and bigger just not 120hz but I can live w/ that.
post #34 of 37 Old 02-08-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E370VA View Post

Returned it, even w/ gaming mode lag was too bad and for HD tv i couldnt get the audio to sync up. I emailed support and they confirmed there is no way to change the locked settings that it skips over. Ended up getting one off of amazon, amazon.com/gp/product/B0038JED7Q/ same price after tax and bigger just not 120hz but I can live w/ that.

I am doing the same
post #35 of 37 Old 02-11-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtay View Post

I am doing the same

Bought the 16:10 Ratio Hanspree ST289MUB Compared to the Vizio its night and day!

I am Happy.
post #36 of 37 Old 02-22-2011, 09:17 AM

I just bought this for 399 at costco for our guest bedroom. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the lighted Vizio logo on the front? Man, that is bright when the TV is off.
post #37 of 37 Old 06-23-2011, 10:53 AM

I'm seeing this model (refurbished) on Tigerdirect for 369, and you can get it shipped free if you buy from them on Ebay.

Would any of you guys be able to tell me if I would have the problems mentioned above if I'm not going to be playing video games on it? I just plan on using over the air HD, watching dvds (not bluray), and using a roku or tivo to stream content from my pc. I read through the thread twice, but I still got lost trying to understand what exactly the problems were, or if the audio lag was an issue regardless of what you were using the tv for. I would be using my own audio system, so the audio lag wouldn't be a problem, right?

I realize this is an old thread and I'll probably get ignored, but this tv looked like the cheapest 37 inch model I could find, so I thought I'd at least ask.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page