Magnavox LCD TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-18-2010, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I have a Magnavox model 37MF321D/37. One day I turn on the tv and the software update screen comes on;and it won't disappear. I update the firmware per USB. Its formatted. Once the update was done,I removed the USB and restarted per their instruction.
All I see is the software update screen. I can't view the TV or use the menu;I've try google and contact support(that was a joke). Anyone have any idea what the problem is? thanks.

and I do see the firmware listed on the tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-19-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tho69 View Post

Hi. I have a Magnavox model 37MF321D/37. One day I turn on the tv and the software update screen comes on;and it won't disappear. I update the firmware per USB. Its formatted. Once the update was done,I removed the USB and restarted per their instruction.
All I see is the software update screen. I can't view the TV or use the menu;I've try google and contact support(that was a joke). Anyone have any idea what the problem is? thanks.

and I do see the firmware listed on the tv.

You are supposed to restart the TV befor you pull out the USB. You could have easily corrupted your main board. Question. How are you able to pull up the version if you have no control of the set?
post #3 of 3 Old 11-19-2010, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstr View Post

You are supposed to restart the TV befor you pull out the USB. You could have easily corrupted your main board. Question. How are you able to pull up the version if you have no control of the set?

Thanks for responding. Thats not what it said after update was done. It said to remove usb and restart tv. And the only control I have use of is the update screen. By moving up or down the control; to accept update or not. When I click"no" it shows the firmware that is on the tv. Other than that,I can't use the menu,volume or anything else.
Stupid Magnavox no wonder they have so many complaint; can't even give out instruction correctly,lol. If it is the motherboard;which one and I can probably repair it myself.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page