65" 3D Vizio is now up on the Vizio website,,,,here's the link - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 11-24-2010, 06:06 AM
EAS
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

With the extra brightness that LCD puts out over plasma and the passive glass's Im hoping the passive LCD will be a much better veiwing experience than I had with the 3D plasma,,,,, not that the VT25 sucked,,, it just didnt give the WOW I was hoping for.

Passive will be less bright than active due to the technology when compared to another set with the same illumination.

As noted earlier resolution is also reduced. I'm not convinced its a good trade off at this point.

I don't at all disagree that some of the attributes of passive 3d like cheap glasses and reduced flicker are attractive.

Passive will have a place when we get UHD passive 3D LCD panels that will allow full 1080p resolution. Until then people will be watching 3D blueray content with significantly reduced resolution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 11-25-2010, 03:40 AM

Hmm...

-------

Toshiba and Vizio expected to join Google TV bandwagon in January
-By Vlad Savov posted Nov 25th 2010 5:41AM

Content providers might be banning Google TV left, right, and center, but hardware partners don't seem to be losing any enthusiasm. After Samsung openly admitted to contemplating a HDTV with Google TV hardware and software built right in, Toshiba and Vizio are now said to have firm plans to introduce such new products at January's CES 2011. While neither manufacturer would be drawn into confirming this latest bit of insider info, Toshiba's American GM, Jeff Barney, is quoted as saying, "Google certainly is a key partner for us on the PC side and will likely be key for us on the TV side as well." How else could Google function as a key TV partner than with its web-connected TV experience?

-------

Via : http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/25/t...gon-in-januar/
post #33 of 38 Old 11-25-2010, 04:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAS View Post

Passive will be less bright than active due to the technology when compared to another set with the same illumination.

As noted earlier resolution is also reduced. I'm not convinced its a good trade off at this point.

I don't at all disagree that some of the attributes of passive 3d like cheap glasses and reduced flicker are attractive.

Passive will have a place when we get UHD passive 3D LCD panels that will allow full 1080p resolution. Until then people will be watching 3D blueray content with significantly reduced resolution.

Feedback on the Prototype displayed in NY earlier this summer attested to this shortcoming. The panel has a standard 450 Nits brightness and it seems edge lit would have a challenge covering 65" space like it's TRuLED can.

Seeing how this is a standard edge lit razor with less than impressive spec's it appears to be overpriced at $3699 MSRP - they need to step up with TRuLED to be worthy of that MSRP IMO as the 32" Vizio I owned had pretty much the same specs as this panel excluding the 3D and it was truly disappointing as it failed to live up to Vizio's hype and it's listed specs - hopefully for new owners the 65" can prove me wrong as that's a lot of money for a panel that is just OK or greatly inferior to my Samsung C6400 and my Sharp/Sony panels much older than it.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #34 of 38 Old 11-25-2010, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Interestingly the Samsung 55" 7000 edge lit 3D set is now being bundeled with a 3D blueray player and a 3D starter kit for the price of what Vizio is releasing their 55" backlit 3D set with no additional hardware. Vizio decided to release the 65" POS edge lit set at the 72" price point. Yea they included glasses , the same ones I can get a 7-11 for free. I think Vizio is starting the downward slide that Sony has been on for many years and samsung has been on for the past few.

You know, the "Give the people what we think they should want, not what they actually do and hope itsells."

Yea that 65" is what I've been waiting for since they announced the 72".
post #35 of 38 Old 12-17-2010, 04:25 AM

As I'm sure many others did, just received the email announcement for the 65-incher from Vizio.

It looks like they updated their site as well. http://www.vizio.com/discover/3D/

Available at Sam's Club and Costco "soon", with word out that Sam's will get it slightly ahead of Costco.

Just wish it was sub 3K.
post #36 of 38 Old 12-17-2010, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post

As I'm sure many others did, just received the email announcement for the 65-incher from Vizio.

It looks like they updated their site as well. http://www.vizio.com/discover/3D/

Available at Sam's Club and Costco "soon", with word out that Sam's will get it slightly ahead of Costco.

Just wish it was sub 3K.

What is "the word out" that Sams might be getting them first ?

In my talks with Sams and Costco over the last week I have gotten the impression that Costco will be getting them first.

My local Sams keeps telling me they are not in their system and they dont think they will be getting them, and if they do it would not be anytime soon.

My local Costco has them in their system and say they expect delivery at any time but that it will be sooner than later.

Cheers
Davyo
post #37 of 38 Old 12-17-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

What is "the word out" that Sams might be getting them first ?

In my talks with Sams and Costco over the last week I have gotten the impression that Costco will be getting them first.

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/12/16/...ious-drawback/

The article ends with:

"But it'll be on shelves next month-word is it'll hit Sam's Club first-and you'll be able to catch the incredible 3D very soon."

I'm going to keep checking this thread, as putting it all together, it sounds like they'll both get it about the same time.

My wife just checked at Sam's in Columbus Ohio - none yet.
post #38 of 38 Old 12-17-2010, 01:13 PM

Columbus Ohio Costco has 4!!

Says they came in last night.

w00t!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page