JVC Teledock 42"--Are they idiots? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
SRHookEm's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got my new JVC 42" mounted on the wall. I chose this because it has the iPhone dock and it's 120hz. Looks like a nice unit and the picture quality is fantastic.

However, I think the people at JVC must be idiots. Across the lower right corner they put a sticker advertising the dock. It crosses the screen and attaches to the plastic bezel. When you try to remove it--being very careful--it tears into tiny pieces and leaves adhesive all over the plastic! Have they not heard of cling stickers without glue? Morons!

What can I use to remove the goo? Goof-Off and Goo-Gone will harm the plastic. I tried a small area on the side and it immediately took the shine off. Water doesn't work and alcohol didn't work.

Any thought?
SRHookEm is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 11-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Senior Member
pillboy49's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eden Prairie
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If you are using 70% rubbing alcohol, try 99%. The 70% has water as the other 30%. 99% works much better for this type of job. You can find it at drug stores in pint bottles.

Perfection is unattainable.
pillboy49 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off