My solution for now is by quickconverting the MP4 into MKV.
No more stopping.
I use FFMPEG, a free command line video tool to LOSSLESSLY convert/repack the MP4 video into MKV.
VERY fast - ~2 min for ~2h 720P ~800MB MP4 video.
* Get FFmpeg from http://www.ffmpeg.org/
* From the unpacked folder select and copy the file named ffmpeg.exe
* Paste into your folder where the video to convert is.
* Create new TXT document file and rename it MP4 to MKV.bat
In order to display and be able to rename the extension also,
you need to uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" in
Windows Explorer\Tools\Folder Options...\View\Advanced Settings (in WinXP)
* in your new opened txt document input this:
ffmpeg -i "filename.mp4" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "filename.mkv"
So if your video file is named Party.mp4
, the line should be:
ffmpeg -i "Party.mp4" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "Party.mkv"
* Save you newly created batch file (Ctrl + S)
* In your folder with the movie double click at you newly created MP4 to MKV.bat
* A command prompt window will appear while the program executes.
* When it closes by itself, the conversion is finished
* In you folder you will have your MKV file.