AVS Forum banner

Toshiba 55WX800U

43K views 221 replies 52 participants last post by  krallopian 
#1 ·
Any one with this LED? How does it perform?

#177 ·
I have had the Toshiba 55WX800U for approx 2 weeks.

I am extremely pleased with the television with exception to the WIFI

The Video and Audio have been a pleasant surprise

In regards to the firmware, I updated the software through the television however I understand there is a firmware upgrade from Toshiba website.

Is this the same update? Are there any benefits to installing the Firmware upgrade via the website/USB drive method?

Thanks in advance

#178 ·
I just returned my defective PNC7000 plasma. I really liked that television but I have been eying WX800U and the Sony NX810. I really like that monolith type design and the extra 5in, is the WX800U really that bad with clouding? I had a LN650 the clouding and flashlight amount was unbearable to ignore. I really like the design of the WX800U, has anyone that owned a plasma bought and enjoy this set? I can sacrifice some flashlighting if the pq is good enough. Thanks for all opinions

#179 ·
I think the picture quality is great on this set. I did start to notice some clouding, but there are settings you can use to make it less noticeable. Overall it wasn't anything to warrant me returning the set because the HD picture quality and the 3D picture quality are awesome on this set!

#181 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddster25 /forum/post/20371465

I think the picture quality is great on this set. I did start to notice some clouding, but there are settings you can use to make it less noticeable. Overall it wasn't anything to warrant me returning the set because the HD picture quality and the 3D picture quality are awesome on this set!

2D picture quality is excellent (ignoring the slight clouding), almost as good as my 3rd gen Panasonic panel.

In 3D viewing, crosstalk is very evident.

Aesthetic design is one of the best out there IMO.

All in all, very satisfied with my purchase considering the price I paid, even factoring in the clouding.

#183 ·
When the TV is powered off, when it is turned back on the Comcast box (Motorola DCX3400, latest model in Atlanta) user settings get reset to 4:3 aspect ratio and 480p display resolution. I go back through the Comcast user settings menu and set to 16:9 aspect and Native or 1080i resolution... and if the TV is turned off it will reset it every time.

I've tried everything under the sun. If there is a setting, I've tried changing it. I've done a full factory reset, no luck. I also have a Denon AVR-1911 A/V Receiver. Regardless of whether the HDMI cable to the TV is routed through the receiver or direct to the TV, the same thing happens every time. I've tried every possible combination of of enabling/disabling CEC control/RegazaLink in the TV and receiver as well. I also updated the TV firmware via USB so it is current. I've also tried every combination of the order in which devices power on/off.

Anyone seen this issue or know of a way to work around it? I'd be grateful for any help you can provide!

#186 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo /forum/post/20389412

2D picture quality is excellent (ignoring the slight clouding), almost as good as my 3rd gen Panasonic panel.

In 3D viewing, crosstalk is very evident.

Aesthetic design is one of the best out there IMO.

All in all, very satisfied with my purchase considering the price I paid, even factoring in the clouding.

Is the 3d watchable orr not soo much

#191 ·
I've got one coming from big river next week too to be replacing a Toshiba 2008 model 52xf550 if it is good enough,I'm pretty excited and will post my review when available

#195 ·
Alright got this tv on monday, so far so good. Picture quality is great on par with pnc7000 I had and better than the lnc650. There is slight clouding but. I only get when I watch alien on bluray.When I rip it and watch it through xbmc on my htpc I don't have any clouding issues. Flashlighting is barely visible, overall I am pleased with this set.

#196 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by desol007 /forum/post/0

Alright got this tv on monday, so far so good. Picture quality is great on par with pnc7000 I had and better than the lnc650. There is slight clouding but. I only get when I watch alien on bluray.When I rip it and watch it through xbmc on my htpc I don't have any clouding issues. Flashlighting is barely visible, overall I am pleased with this set.

What do you think about 3d viewing?

#201 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo /forum/post/20401182

it's passable, not great.

for reference, i've only watched animated 3D films (tangled, despicable me). after a few minutes of nitpicking the blurry pop-out 3D images, you don't really pay attention to it anymore.

If you don't mind, how would you rate the amount of crosstalk you saw in Tangled? In particular, the menu screen after all the lights have risen into the air?

For the record: I tested the Tangled menu screen on a 55" and 46" EX720 and it had major amounts of crosstalk on the top and bottom, with full, bright, double images starting 3/4 of the way up the screen. An LX700 and an HX929 were pretty good, much better than the EX's. The LX700 having about as much as my NX711. An NX810 had as much as the horrible EX720's. Yet to be fair, i should mention the EX's had almost no noticeable crosstalk in Tron, but Tron has so much bloom around lights its hard to tell.

Strange that this set was rated as the set with the lowest amount of crosstalk seen yet on FlatpanelHD's review, and yet people are complaining about it in this thread. To the people who have a large amount of crosstalk, is this your first 3D Tv you've experienced out of curiosity?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.