post #451 of 776 Old 03-14-2014, 11:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by rf611 View Post

Hmmm, not sure what to do then. I wanted to make sure that I get a Samsung panel on mine. After emailing countless Amazon sellers to no avail, this Best Buy seems to be the only one that carries an EH5000 with a good panel, even if it's open box. I was pretty set on picking this up on Sunday and getting the 2 year geek squad warranty on it just to be safe. Are there any other red flags I should immediately test for (not sure if I'll be able to look at it in the store or not) that would warrant me to return/not buy it?

If money isn't burning a hole in your pocket you could do more homework before Sunday. I'd ask the associates to plug the TV up on their Demo feed. Watch them pull it from the box, Look for the bezel and screen to still be in plastic wrap. See if the remote has batteries already installed. Ask the associate was it local purchase or online. Your looking for signs that it was used or just opened and returned. If they won't test it for you that'd be my Red Flag, Its your money but no warranty or even if you live 3 steps from the door is worth having to box the set up for it's second rejection.

Check BB store stock finder for your zip code and see if it is carried in other locations or the one your dealing with and look at the labels to compare.
MSRP is 8 Benjamins, and if I were in best buy I'd be sure they knew what my expectations were for an open box item, even if I had to pleasantly ask for The Manager. Walking is King.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 776 Old 03-15-2014, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobieizer View Post

If money isn't burning a hole in your pocket you could do more homework before Sunday. I'd ask the associates to plug the TV up on their Demo feed. Watch them pull it from the box, Look for the bezel and screen to still be in plastic wrap. See if the remote has batteries already installed. Ask the associate was it local purchase or online. Your looking for signs that it was used or just opened and returned. If they won't test it for you that'd be my Red Flag, Its your money but no warranty or even if you live 3 steps from the door is worth having to box the set up for it's second rejection.

Check BB store stock finder for your zip code and see if it is carried in other locations or the one your dealing with and look at the labels to compare.
MSRP is 8 Benjamins, and if I were in best buy I'd be sure they knew what my expectations were for an open box item, even if I had to pleasantly ask for The Manager. Walking is King.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely have them hook it up at the store and give it a run through. This is the only Best Buy within an hour's drive that is carrying the model I'm looking for, plus it has a Samsung panel on it, so it seems like my best bet right now. They're selling it for $750, which is pretty reasonable, but I plan on price matching Amazon's price of $675 - will have to call tomorrow to make sure that's possible since I forgot to ask over the phone. The thing that's strange about this this one, though, is that it has a WH04 panel on it, which to my understanding is a newer 2013 panel used on their EH and F 6300 series, so either the panel was replaced or it is a very, very late 2012 model. Either way, it's pretty much either get this TV or take a chance ordering through Amazon and hope I end up with a good panel (doubt it).

post #453 of 776 Old 03-15-2014, 02:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely have them hook it up at the store and give it a run through. This is the only Best Buy within an hour's drive that is carrying the model I'm looking for, plus it has a Samsung panel on it, so it seems like my best bet right now. They're selling it for $750, which is pretty reasonable, but I plan on price matching Amazon's price of $675 - will have to call tomorrow to make sure that's possible since I forgot to ask over the phone. The thing that's strange about this this one, though, is that it has a WH04 panel on it, which to my understanding is a newer 2013 panel used on their EH and F 6300 series, so either the panel was replaced or it is a very, very late 2012 model. Either way, it's pretty much either get this TV or take a chance ordering through Amazon and hope I end up with a good panel (doubt it).

BB's open box is only 50 dollars less than the online price.. hummm?? Mighty proud of their box.
Good hunting,

EDIT: I had the wrong item in mind 5300 sorry. yet the prices on sears for the EH5000 are comparable at BB for NEW.. this open box thing is crazy.. why on earth / or how on earth can BB charge 750 dollars for something they have online at 649?

EDIT 2: LOL Make them price match themselves.. But don't end up with either of these:

post #454 of 776 Old 03-15-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:

BB's open box is only 50 dollars less than the online price.. hummm?? Mighty proud of their box.
Good hunting,

EDIT: I had the wrong item in mind 5300 sorry. yet the prices on sears for the EH5000 are comparable at BB for NEW.. this open box thing is crazy.. why on earth / or how on earth can BB charge 750 dollars for something they have online at 649?

EDIT 2: LOL Make them price match themselves.. But don't end up with either of these:

Quote:

Good hunting,

Wow I didn't realize they had it listed for $650 online. I will absolutely make them price match themselves on that. I called earlier and they confirmed that they would price match me on Amazon's $675 price, so I see no reason why they wouldn't match themselves on this. Thanks!

post #455 of 776 Old 03-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Wow I didn't realize they had it listed for $650 online. I will absolutely make them price match themselves on that. I called earlier and they confirmed that they would price match me on Amazon's $675 price, so I see no reason why they wouldn't match themselves on this. Thanks!

Kinda wish I was going with you cause if the new low price of a Brand Spanking New Virgin EH5000 is 650, then it stands to reason the Open Box value is less a percentage for the pleasure of popping the box. IE. 650 x .95 or 5% less SRP = 617.5

IDK how you'll remain aloof after driving one hour, after so many calls concerning this deal, BUT you have to be ready to negotiate and walk if pleasant persistence is not working in your favor. See the TV first, ask about the inherent warranty, then work on the price.. USE PURCHASE OF GEEK SQUAD warranty as a tool for them to push the Open Box price down. Then dont buy the in store warranty and draw out a 401K in my name. lol rolleyes.gif

Irregardless of virgin or touched, your main interest is that it has that WH04 panel you've been researching. IDK what that panel is but if they powered this thing on for me, I have my smart phone microscope rig handy to snap a picture the static (non moving) whitest part of the screen to get idea of the pixel layout.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Follow this Link to observe how to do it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
post #456 of 776 Old 03-16-2014, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have a samsung pn51f5300bfxza plasma version number TS02. Manufactured Feb 2014. Anyone know what panel I have?
post #457 of 776 Old 03-16-2014, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi guys!
I buy the Samsung UN40F6300 40-Inch in Amazon on January 28, 2014 for $597 (out of stock right now but other sellers have stock)
in the box say Version: UU04
I enter in service menu and says: 40A1AF1S,US,6300,None

so... its a Samsung panel?

Thanks.
post #458 of 776 Old 03-17-2014, 06:17 AM

I have a question for the pros on this site.  I have searched and read many posts and am always impressed by the knowledge on these pages.  This is my first time posting though so go easy on me.

I recently purchased a Samsung UN65F6300 from Best Buy and was blown away with the picture.  The contrast, color, black levels...all were great in my amateur opinion.  I only did some minimal adjustments from some advice I read on this website.  Well, the optical audio port was giving me problems.  The port itself was not holding the cable in (didn't get that 'snap' when you pug in an optical cable).  So I contacted Best Buy and they sent out a Geek Squad member and they replaced the main panel.  Great, now my optical port is working perfect!  The only thing is that I immediately noticed the difference in picture quality.  The blacks were not as black, contrast ratio not as good, I see more artifact than I had before..etc.

I spent all weekend playing with the adjustments and I can probably live with where I have it now but the point is it's not as good as it was before the panel was replaced.  I never verified my panel before it was replaced (never had a reason too since I was happy with it) but my current panel is an L which I have seen here corresponds to AUO.  I guess my question is what panel could I have possibly had before?  Seems like in the 65" category and model 6300 the odds are you are going to have an AUO panel.  Any point in contacting Best Buy and trying to get them to replace the panel again?

Honestly I would have lived with the audio port issue to have my original picture quality back!!

Thanks for any advice available....

post #459 of 776 Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

thomen,
Your situations is understandability disappointing. Yet, asking the community what you had is futile. You need to, in no haste contact Best Buy and ask them pointed question. Your satisfaction is only yours to have or lose.

Statements such as your concern as to why your set has to be adjusted so much after a repair.
Questions could begin what is the routine for diagnosis of part when a replacment is warranted, what are your options in insisting that your experienced repair is meet with a written agreement of satisfaction, why was it necessary to replace the panel and not just the main board where the optical connection was made.

Your lengthy post is evidence that you have no small talent in expressing yourself, so make it happen.
post #460 of 776 Old 03-17-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:

thomen,
Your situations is understandability disappointing. Yet, asking the community what you had is futile. You need to, in no haste contact Best Buy and ask them pointed question. Your satisfaction is only yours to have or loose.

Statements such as your concern as to why your set has to be adjusted so much after an repair.
Questions could begin what is the routine for diagnosis of part when a replacment is warranted, what are your options in insisting that your experienced repair is meet with a written agreement of satisfaction, why was it necessary to replace the panel and not just the main board where the optical connection was made.

Your lengthy post is evidence that you have no small talent in expressing yourself, so make it happen.

Ok, my ignorance just became painfully evident.  Your point as to why the panel was replaced when only the audio port was bad made me think and I was completely wrong in assuming the Main PCB was the LCD panel...sorry for the waste of time.  Now, can the Main PCB have any affect on picture quality?  I guess I'm off to do some more research!  Thanks for the reply!

post #461 of 776 Old 03-17-2014, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomen00 View Post

Ok, my ignorance just became painfully evident.  Your point as to why the panel was replaced when only the audio port was bad made me think and I was completely wrong in assuming the Main PCB was the LCD panel...sorry for the waste of time.  Now, can the Main PCB have any affect on picture quality?  I guess I'm off to do some more research!  Thanks for the reply!

I do not know the answer. I have been reading and you may be eligible for this:
Geek Squad Black Tie PP! (Click to show)
Parts replaced under the terms and conditions of this Plan become the sole property of CWG/Best
Buy/Magnolia except where prohibited by law. (prove its prohibited and get your original part back)

Stationary Products
1.Home Theater Products (purchased at Best Buy or Magnolia Home Theater):

Recalibration is provided on applicable televisions.
This benefit only applies if you have purchased TV calibration from Best Buy on the same receipt as this Plan.
(Did you purchase this recalibration service, or can/do you qualify for this service?)
It is your responsibility to schedule the re-calibration after the completion of a qualified repair by calling
1-800-GEEKSQUAD. This benefit also applies if the product is replaced under the term of this Plan by
calling 1-800-GEEKSQUAD

Read the whole thing here
post #462 of 776 Old 03-17-2014, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Main boards are qc'd to specific tolerance ranges, as are all electronic parts. The main board probably has the components, or some of them, that affect pq. Changing the board can affect pq for the same reason that sharing settings may, or may not work, from tv to tv. Component variability due to component tolerances.

If there is nothing wrong with your panel, I'm not sure if BB will change just cause you don't like it. They will probably offer to calibrate it for you but BB is not known for performing good or even accurate calibrations.
post #463 of 776 Old 03-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

thomen,
I would not anyone dissuade you from having Best Buy attempt to rectify your situation. Any action targeted against the Geek Squad that results in more dissatisfaction only gets you one step closer to fulfilling the "G. No Lemon Policy."

Doing nothing leaves you holding the bag.
post #464 of 776 Old 03-17-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Main boards are qc'd to specific tolerance ranges, as are all electronic parts. The main board probably has the components, or some of them, that affect pq. Changing the board can affect pq for the same reason that sharing settings may, or may not work, from tv to tv. Component variability due to component tolerances.

If there is nothing wrong with your panel, I'm not sure if BB will change just cause you don't like it. They will probably offer to calibrate it for you but BB is not known for performing good or even accurate calibrations.

Thanks for the info and your suggestions!

Quote:

thomen,
I would not anyone dissuade you from having Best Buy attempt to rectify your situation. Any action targeted against the Geek Squad that results in more dissatisfaction only gets you one step closer to fulfilling the "G. No Lemon Policy."

I completely agree with you, I just dread the inevitable battle with the Geek Squad!!  Thanks!

post #465 of 776 Old 03-17-2014, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmal23 View Post

Hi guys!
I buy the Samsung UN40F6300 40-Inch in Amazon on January 28, 2014 for $597 (out of stock right now but other sellers have stock)
in the box say Version: UU04
I enter in service menu and says: 40A1AF1S,US,6300,None

so... its a Samsung panel?

Thanks.
some one?
post #466 of 776 Old 03-17-2014, 12:14 PM

What's the general concensus on AU Optronics panels? I have one in my EH5000, not sure if it's far inferior to a Samsung panel or not. Mainly concerned about ghosting, judder, and motion blurring.

post #467 of 776 Old 03-17-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

How's it look to you? If your pq etc meets your expectations and needs then the panel type is irrelevant. I think way too much emphasis is put on panel types at times.
post #468 of 776 Old 03-19-2014, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Just wanted to let you know I contacted Best Buy and let them know I wasn't happy with the picture quality since the main board was replaced and no questions asked and without having to send a tech to 'confirm' they ordered a replacement board and setup a tech for this Saturday to install.

Quote:

thomen,

Thanks again for confirming I should go back to Best Buy since I wasn't happy with the PQ.

post #469 of 776 Old 03-19-2014, 05:05 AM
Advanced Member

I have another thing to look forward to this weekend. smile.gif

BTW
Will you take pictures of the boards credentials for record?
post #470 of 776 Old 03-19-2014, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma5300 View Post

I have a samsung pn51f5300bfxza plasma version number TS02. Manufactured Feb 2014. Anyone know what panel I have?
?
post #471 of 776 Old 03-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma5300 View Post

?

No one of yet seems to know, so this puts you back in the drivers seat. I had no aversion to taking the back cover off my set to look into a situation and took pictures for my records. You may have similar ease.

Note the large picture and notice my panel label found in the upper middle. With that sticker, I was able to google relevant info.

Post a picture of this type label and or Google for yourself.
post #472 of 776 Old 03-21-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:

I have another thing to look forward to this weekend. smile.gif

BTW
Will you take pictures of the boards credentials for record?

[IMG][IMG]

These are from the board they will be putting in tomorrow. I'll get pics from the one that is currently in there and post those as well
post #473 of 776 Old 03-22-2014, 04:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomen00 View Post

These are from the board they will be putting in tomorrow. I'll get pics from the one that is currently in there and post those as well

The Fly on the Wall would go to the service menu prior to the scheduled visit and snap a picture of the main menu. Mollywhopper and I are familiar with a site that lists the menu it a text base format, (for academic reasons this is wonderful). Having read between the lines in several off AVS forums ppl have been know to change their TYPE to gain access to PVR. But this is not the point.. THE POINT is if it is A field that can be modified..I'm wondering if it was set correctly after first repair. A picture prior to repair could provide the evidence.

SamyGo ES Wiki

Ask is it typical for a newly inserted board to require Service Menu adjustment. Ask about the calibration service provided and who is the best tech he knows that does this..etc..

Make your house smell like Apple Pie or Cookies and you'll have a Win/Win today.

edited for URL and spelling.
post #474 of 776 Old 03-22-2014, 10:09 AM

I think I remember a post here that listed the serial number (I think it was the serial number) which can be found on the box before purchase.  It included a lists of letters to look at to determine if the panel was made by samsung or someone else.  My daughter is going shopping today and I have been looking for the post to give her the info to take with her and cannot find the post.  If I am asking this clearly and/or have the information correct, can someone direct me to the post with the list so she can have it when shopping?  She is going to best buy, video only and costco today.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Michelle

post #475 of 776 Old 03-22-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldogmom View Post

I think I remember a post here that listed the serial number (I think it was the serial number) which can be found on the box before purchase.  It included a lists of letters to look at to determine if the panel was made by samsung or someone else.  My daughter is going shopping today and I have been looking for the post to give her the info to take with her and cannot find the post.  If I am asking this clearly and/or have the information correct, can someone direct me to the post with the list so she can have it when shopping?  She is going to best buy, video only and costco today.

Michelle

It's not the serial number you're looking for. It's the version number and is something like this: Txxx (THO1 for example). Version numbers that started with "T" were usually indicative of the Samsung S-PVA panel. You could use the Search feature above to find the last compiled list of version numbers and the panel types most probably associated with them. There is also a way to access the SM (service menu) to figure out the panel type but you can't really do that until you get the tv home.
post #476 of 776 Old 03-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldogmom View Post

Michelle

Otto is correct.
You may be thinking of this post middle page that takes viewer off site, and one has to use google translate to catch a grain.

Good Hunting!
post #477 of 776 Old 04-01-2014, 09:56 AM

OK, I'll bite.

I just purchased a 2013 version of the SAMSUNG UN60EH6003FXZA. It says on the lable "Version IH02".

I've been searching for 2 days and have had no luck decyphering "IH02". Any ideas? thanks.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur
post #478 of 776 Old 04-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Per nxsfan

Per the Parts listing cross reference:

Pull the back cover off and take a picture of the label. Get a macro picture of the whitest part of the screen and look at the pixel layout. Look at this threads pictures. and dont take 2 days, or much less, 1 minute to eek.gif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trak101 View Post

OK, I'll bite.

I just purchased a 2013 version of the SAMSUNG UN60EH6003FXZA. It says on the lable "Version IH02".

I've been searching for 2 days and have had no luck decyphering "IH02". Any ideas? thanks.
post #479 of 776 Old 04-02-2014, 01:54 PM

UN32EH4003FXZA

Version: QD06

MFD: 1-3-2014

Type: 32S6AH1D

Can anyone interpret this? I did some searching and came up with nothing.

post #480 of 776 Old 04-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1digits View Post

UN32EH4003FXZA
Version: QD06
MFD: 1-3-2014
Type: 32S6AH1D

Can anyone interpret this? I did some searching and came up with nothing.

Since you can't use the method: perhaps you'd take the 10 or so many screws off the back to expose the boards and most importantly the label affixed.
You say.. "To scary!"
I say "No Prob."

Take a macro shot of the pixels and post the picture.
You say... "Don't have camera capable."
I say "No Prob."

If waiting until someone takes the initiative having exposed the 'S' for brand and either PM's you or post it, we'll remain unenlightened.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , Samsung , Samsung Ln46a850 46 Inch 1080p 120hz Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color , Samsung Un55c6300 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page