post #691 of 849 Old 07-02-2014, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Like Sony who is using AUO and probably LG, Panasonic who is using Innolux and probably LG, and Toshiba who is using Innolux and probably LG?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 849 Old 07-02-2014, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc204 View Post
Thank you, that would suggest just the TS01 version.
Yes but only to US models.
post #693 of 849 Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Panel lottery in action.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post.png
Views:	454
Size:	861.2 KB
ID:	145561  
post #694 of 849 Old 07-02-2014, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 549
How is that the panel lottery? They're all different model number sets.
post #695 of 849 Old 07-02-2014, 09:27 AM

Well, 2-3 the same set. Panel lottery in 5...-6... models range.
post #696 of 849 Old 07-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarma View Post
Panel lottery in action.
Quote:
Well, 2-3 the same set. Panel lottery in 5...-6... models range.
Good Afternoon, Akarma
What is your source for that compilation of images? If it is your own study, I can understand not having it linked, yet if it came from a Forum in Europe, the link would be notably appreciated.
post #697 of 849 Old 07-02-2014, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi, does anyone know how to look at all of the pictures from this thread or any other thread? Thanks!
post #698 of 849 Old 07-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2189 View Post
Hi, does anyone know how to look at all of the pictures from this thread or any other thread? Thanks!
Before AVS switched over to the new vB format we had an area in the upper right corner to view picture attachments. This is no longer available. Several comments/discussion for can be found in the "Forum Information Center" Welcome Back thread. Or in the What was Old is New thread. In the meantime the hard way to view images per thread is described here.

HTML Code:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/43-forum-operations-center/1577826-enhancement-request.html
Short answer is... No... because it is a PITA to open the attachments link in one popup window and be thrown into a tab of a different window upon each click on an attachment. Plus the picture/attachments are no longer linked to the specific post. It's just FUBAR.
post #699 of 849 Old 07-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member

Here's A Heads Up. Simulated 4K Reading

Let see where this goes. I'm not in the market for 4k, you may or may not be.. You may be holding our for OLED, or perhaps better color, color processing, or a bit depth. The common enemy here is seductive marketing. This article makes a case for carrying a loupe, or some magnifying device so one can see what's what. IMHO.

RBGW Pixel Structure used by Samsung and LG on their “Green” UHD TV panels

Hotlinked from this article.
Definition of UHD TV Becomes More Muddied
post #700 of 849 Old 07-03-2014, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobieizer View Post
yet if it came from a Forum in Europe, the link would be notably appreciated.
http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=62:11088-39
post #701 of 849 Old 07-03-2014, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Thank you all: I understand English is not your first language and appreciate your efforts and work. @akarma @Mikl1984 @hristoslav2 IXBT is not a walk in the park for an English only reader.

Akarma, I have found one member of the forum on the page you linked called darklostsoul, who attached a photo, later a couple post later he described what he had determined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklostsoul IXBT translated
conclusion from the information which he received:
1 - maybe a-mva (met several opinions that 61 ** do not put s-pva)
2 and 6th - psa s-pva (judging by TH01 in 6100) ...
3 4 5 7 and 8 are likely to s-pva
9 - no idea
10 - s-pva? (especially surprised by the level of black, beside him stood three Samsa 6100 6200 6400 compared with him .... heaven and earth, even under considerable light store)
11 - psa a-mva
Taking what I have learned from hristoslav2 posting of original year of tech, All the model numbers with 'F' are 2013. The model number with 'EH' is a 2012. Each of these types of Model can still be in production with a respective manufacturing date in the current year,

What I'm getting at here is that members here do seem to want to obtain an S-PVA panel. I've asked recently what a 2012/2013 model year S-PVA panel looks like, so now I have a reference.

On a side note of my own clarification, I noticed a huge picture on IXBT from hristoslav2. I've been, what some may call, hung up on panelooks designator of my panel identified as SVA.
"True!"
As an information hub, the use of precise terminology would be expected, yet I'm now of mind that they take liberty to use shortened acronyms per a technical PDF.

I focus on EMD chemicals write up "PS-VA stands for polymer stabilized vertical alignment."
Mostly I've seen this called PSA Polymer Stabilized Alignment. ~ Leaving out the vertical.
I'm now of thought that SVA - Stabilized Vertical Alignment. ~ Leaving out the polymer
Each of these meaning or attempting to mean the same matrix.

I'm Good now Otto
post #702 of 849 Old 07-03-2014, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:

I'm Good now Otto
How did you know I was lurking? You must work for the NSA

From following this it seems that S-PVA and the S-PSA are the same? I was under the impression that S-PSA was an improved version of S-PVA, but it seems to have been around for quite awhile so maybe the article I read was just referring to the same pixel alignment in another way. If the agreed upon pixel alignment is the same, then they are the same panel type but maybe the S-PSA has better component support? I thought that LG was confusing when they started using S-IPS panels and other types in their various models when I was panel shopping but it seems that Samsung has taken that to a whole new level. I wonder what's going on with Samsung? They sure seem to be having a lot of issues with their One Connect box as well. I'm sure it will all get worked out but I sure feel sorry for those folks.
post #703 of 849 Old 07-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
How did you know I was lurking? You must work for the NSA
If by NSA you mean this link.. then yeah.. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/misc.p...sted&t=1294904

Quote:
From following this it seems that S-PVA and the S-PSA are the same? I was under the impression that S-PSA was an improved version of S-PVA, but it seems to have been around for quite awhile so maybe the article I read was just referring to the same pixel alignment in another way. If the agreed upon pixel alignment is the same, then they are the same panel type but maybe the S-PSA has better component support? I thought that LG was confusing when they started using S-IPS panels and other types in their various models when I was panel shopping but it seems that Samsung has taken that to a whole new level. I wonder what's going on with Samsung? They sure seem to be having a lot of issues with their One Connect box as well. I'm sure it will all get worked out but I sure feel sorry for those folks.
Wait What??? Just so I'm less confused than 10 minutes ago. S-PVA and S-PSA are not ...NOT any way similar to plain old PSA/SVA/PS-VA in the visual sense?
post #704 of 849 Old 07-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I said "historically speaking". I don't read Russian so maybe European models are different than those for the N. American market. S-PSA is the "newer" panel type for the higher end PVA line. It's a joint venture of Samsung and AUO and has been around since about 2003.
This post here is the only time I ever read of "S-PSA", and I was tempted to PM you to ask if you typo'ed this. Because, I thought the reference by Mikl was straight fwd. Being that his UE model has an H code indicative of 2014 model year, showing a PSA matrix/subpixel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikl1984 View Post
Not really
PSA too
You may find photo of my PSA TH01 UE32H6230AK
http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=62:11088-39#1418
post #705 of 849 Old 07-03-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
This post here is the only time I ever read of "S-PSA", and I was tempted to PM you to ask if you typo'ed this. Because, I thought the reference by Mikl was straight fwd. Being that his UE model has an H code indicative of 2014 model year, showing a PSA matrix/subpixel.
Woob - obviously you're the less confused of us two then. Maybe I misread his post but I actually had to research the "S-PSA" panel but it did say it's been around for a few years so maybe what I found was a mis-print. Don't know. Guess I need to sit down and examine the pixel pattern of the two to straighten myself out. Sorry if I confused the issue. As far as letter designations go, I'll leave that up to you guys. I just keep my jeweler's loupe in my pocket when I head out to the local B&Ms to examine what's new and note the pixel patterns when I see something interesting. And before you ask, I haven't been keeping notes on patterns vs Code numbers because I'm not currently in the market for a new tv, just curious. Oh, and I have been asked before to leave the store when the salesperson figured out what I was doing.
post #706 of 849 Old 07-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

I'm curious as well, especially since reading of the RBGW Pixel Structure used by Samsung and LG on their “Green” UHD TV panels previous page or post 699. I can imagine how conspicuous you'd appear all up on a TV leaning in. (one eye shut and drooling)

Had a PS3 optical drive replacement early spring and thought I'd pop out the lens
BluRay Tray.jpg

Here's what it looks like up on the Westinghouse IPS hand held.. this will help me determine which sets I actually want to whip out the cell rig for.
mini loupe.jpg

I wanted to see what the CD/CDR lens on my cell would look like taped to the front of my digital camera.. this is no bueno, but is by far the best lens, but for the cell. You can see the outline of the bobbypin clamped to the round lens, the focal point, and the peripheral unfocused upon the Samsung.
Lens on bobbypin.jpg

The small felt pads on the bottom of cell protect screens and allow relatively fast captures..So I'd have to the B&M's staff why they care.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BluRay Tray.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	147026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lens on bobbypin.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	147034   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini loupe.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	147042  
post #707 of 849 Old 07-03-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The small felt pads on the bottom of cell protect screens and allow relatively fast captures..So I'd have to the B&M's staff why they care.
Yeah, maybe I should cut some felt pad around the lens housing but I'm pretty careful. I think they just didn't like the fact that somebody actually knew that there were different panels for different sized tv's. We are talking BB
post #708 of 849 Old 07-04-2014, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by laukinis View Post
Hello, so I just won (I suppose) the lottery and got ue48h6400 TV with service menu option 48A1AF0V. Just to be sure – as I understand I got the samsung panel? However what does V (as backlight unit) stand for? I did not find any info on what does it represent. Another thing to notice – none of the H6400 TV's (be that TV itself or its box) in my country (it's in Europe) had information other than the version of panel (as in 01 or 02, no letters) which stopped me from being able to easily identify which panel was used in TV without going into the service menu.
Does this mean that Samsung are mixing and matching panels in the H6400 series, even within the same screen size?

I watched a 48" version in store last week, and was very impressed by the picture quality. Though I suspect I will end up going for the 40" version for practical reasons of available space, etc. Other than the fact that the screen sizes are different, are the panels otherwise identical? I don't want to end up with an inferior panel. I've already purchased the 40H6400 and have it here ready to go, but not opened yet...
post #709 of 849 Old 07-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetman2 View Post
Does this mean that Samsung are mixing and matching panels in the H6400 series, even within the same screen size?

I watched a 48" version in store last week, and was very impressed by the picture quality. Though I suspect I will end up going for the 40" version for practical reasons of available space, etc. Other than the fact that the screen sizes are different, are the panels otherwise identical? I don't want to end up with an inferior panel. I've already purchased the 40H6400 and have it here ready to go, but not opened yet...
That is a Long Shot question as even @laukinis stated he had to enter the service menu to find a code. Even with the code, there is no surety of what his matrix is compared to what you've purchased, with especially in a different diagonal.

Your UK amazon distinctly show two different models of the same set.

Spoiler!

PartsNL only has listings for the awxxn EU flavor.
https://www.samsungpartsnl.com/samsu...h6400awxxn.htm

parts.jpg
Part type:
LCD/LED-panel TV

Description:
PRODUCT LCD-AMLCD;LSF400HF04-G,CY-GH040C

One or both of you need to provide a reference point. Macro shot of the subpixels w/complete model/series BOM/SM code.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	parts.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	148170  
post #710 of 849 Old 07-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

If I did not assume too much of you owning a EU model..
Then this page make me eager to fly the pond and gift wrap your box..

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue40h...1405023756.htm
Samsung UE40H6400 3D LED TV Review

By Vincent Teoh 2 May 2014 Verdict: Highly Recommended Typical price: £650
jetman2 likes this.
post #711 of 849 Old 07-05-2014, 12:54 AM
AVS Special Member

I thought Samsung's panel lottery was bad but after spending some times on the Sony threads, it appears Sony is using AUO panels on most of their sets including the UHD models. What is weird is that the owners do not seem to be concerned at all about the practice. They seemed appreciate the AUO panels and prefer them over the LG panels.
post #712 of 849 Old 07-05-2014, 01:13 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi everybody!

I need some help to identify the lcd panel of my Samsung TV.
The model is UE39F5000AKXZT.

Unfortunately I can’t access to the Service Menu, because my lcd screen is broken and I can’t see anything.

I opened the TV and I found these stickers inside on the rear of the panel; you can see them in the attached images.

I want to identify it and try to find and buy another one on the internet.
Have you any suggestion about where to find it?

Thank you very much to anyone can help me…
Greetings!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	148849   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	148857   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	148865  
post #713 of 849 Old 07-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Advanced Member

Once again I point you to your dissent. Your personal opinions, and lack of clarity in posting don't provide much leeway for discussion, further from the facts you could not be and nearer to course redirection you remain.
I am compelled to digest you malcontent in a hope you will put down your methods of spamming this thread, lauding cognitive responses to your own postings everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroys88 View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by theroys88

Makes sense. I am keeping the set. After more tweaking, the set looks good enough and to be honest my wife would freak. She really likes the set. The set has no clouding, banding or ghosting. Had to turn off the amp due to stuttering. I do think that this whole panel thing though not illegal, is shady. It is not apples to apples since different panel technology is being used.

it does appear after reading some post in the 7150 owners thread that that model has some of the sets having Samsung panels. Some owners are getting some pretty bad clouding. My last Samsung set, a LNT-52a650 had some pretty noticeable clouding. That set had a Samsung panel. The positives on my AU panels are good uniformity, no clouding or flash lighting, no banding or ghosting. Negatives are average contrast and blacks and poor off axis viewing.
post #714 of 849 Old 07-05-2014, 01:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosun82 View Post
Hi everybody!

I need some help to identify the lcd panel of my Samsung TV.
The model is UE39F5000AKXZT.

Unfortunately I can’t access to the Service Menu, because my lcd screen is broken and I can’t see anything.

I opened the TV and I found these stickers inside on the rear of the panel; you can see them in the attached images.

I want to identify it and try to find and buy another one on the internet.
Have you any suggestion about where to find it?

Thank you very much to anyone can help me…
Greetings!
Welcome, This set was marketed for Hungary with a version number of "07" It was manufactured on April 9, 2014.
Considering that this make is relatively new, have you a warranty, or hope that the retailer can obtain this exact same set?

If you are able to shop your key elements to observe would be the full model number of UE39F5000AKXZT and version of 07.
That would seem a pretty simple task, but I relent that you would not ask if it were that simple.
Good Hunting.
post #715 of 849 Old 07-05-2014, 02:15 AM

Thanks for your quick answer.
Unfortunately I have no warranty...
I would like to know the exact code and the manufacturer of my lcd panel in order to look for it on the internet...

Thanks again
post #716 of 849 Old 07-05-2014, 02:22 AM
Advanced Member

I don't know if that is possible. However if your intent is to find the panel type in order to shop you might want to hit up SetcombG as the model your seeking is EU, and your breath of searching eyes widen.

Edit:Add picture. Noting that SamsungPartsNL has no reference for model country. This version "07" as a full item may be easier to find than a part. Ie.. PM I sent pointing to Amazon. and this link at FreeShop

no match.jpg
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	no match.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	148866  

Last edited by Woobieizer; 07-05-2014 at 02:30 AM.
post #717 of 849 Old 07-05-2014, 04:23 AM

Woobieizer

Good snapshots. It's easy to recognize PSA - square pattern.
post #718 of 849 Old 07-05-2014, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroys88 View Post
I thought Samsung's panel lottery was bad but after spending some times on the Sony threads, it appears Sony is using AUO panels on most of their sets including the UHD models.
Why do you afraid AUO panels so much?
post #719 of 849 Old 07-05-2014, 04:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Woobieizer

Good snapshots. It's easy to recognize PSA - square pattern.
Thank you sir!
post #720 of 849 Old 07-05-2014, 08:37 AM

Hi again!
I made more investigations, this code V390HJ4 - PE1 is present on the control board (see the attached photo).

http://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-UN39FH.../dp/B00H833OLY

Maybe the lcd panel code could be the same V390HJ4 - PE1 ?

I found this detailed document about this panel:

http://www.displayalliance.com/stora...390HJ4-PE1.pdf

But I'm not sure of the correct identification...

What do you think?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	149042  
Woobieizer likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , Samsung , Samsung Ln46a850 46 Inch 1080p 120hz Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color , Samsung Un55c6300 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page