Samsung Panel Version Thread - Page 26 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #751 of 836 Old 07-09-2014, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 241
More information is needed to really make sense of the CR numbers. Testing conditions, comparable meters, panel types, etc. CR numbers can be questionable for the reason I gave above. Do the ratings indicate how the CR's were derived? They are close but that's one of the reasons why using CR numbers at times can really be misleading to the point of being useless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 836 Old 07-11-2014, 04:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Review of the Samsung UE48H6700, here:
http://www.avforums.com/review/samsu...v-review.10496

Looks like it has a 100/120hz panel. So I'd assume the same one as the H6400...
post #753 of 836 Old 07-11-2014, 04:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Are the RSVP invitations out for your grand opening ceremony, I checked my mail and it appears mine is still with the carrier.
jetman2 likes this.
post #754 of 836 Old 07-11-2014, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Since I asked here I thought I should post a follow up. I inquired about the panel on the 75" 8550 and through the parts listing it appeared that only the TS01 panel was available. Purchased one through Cleveland Plasma and received it in a couple of days Version TS01
Awesome picture and clarity to my untrained eyes
post #755 of 836 Old 07-11-2014, 12:08 PM

Liked: 11
maybe someone can answer, as i'm not sure really want to search for exactly and my attempts to google the issue bring up nothing...

bought 3 32" JVC EM32FL tvs for my office (2 for computer 1 for tv). as i sit relatively close to the monitor and shift my head side to side, the opposite edges of the screen (right side if i slide my head to the left) start fading away about 5 to 10 pixels in.... what on earth is this effect?

ok so i got a good price on those panels but now was thinking "you get what you pay for"

hell my 6 year old samsung LN32A550 has a perfect flat image side to side

anyways i go back to the store and look at the samsung UN32H5500 (all had version TS01 panel) i originally had my eyes on and low and behold it does the same thing! actually every single 32" 1080p tv that i tested (via usb stick images) that was on the floor at bestbuy had this exact same issue/effect.

what is the panel technology that is causing this? I'm sure it's not noticable when using this as a tv from a few feet away but are led tvs now not a good idea for a computer monitor?

i think i'm going to have to buy actual pc monitors this time around.
Woobieizer likes this.
post #756 of 836 Old 07-11-2014, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Off-axis viewing, and it is dependent on the type of panel used. Some have better off-axis viewing than others. It's the nature of the particular panel technology.
post #757 of 836 Old 07-11-2014, 02:21 PM

i realize colors can wash out but i've never seen this behavior where the edges of the screen fade to nothing.

is there a certain panel type i should be looking at that remains visible from all angles even if some color fades?
post #758 of 836 Old 07-11-2014, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I have an LG with the S-IPS panel. The off-axis viewing is excellent up to a point. But that point is so extreme in our viewing environment as to not be an issue. However, the blacks on an S-IPS panel are not quite as good as other panel types so you pick your poison. My LG is calibrated and I use a bias light so to minimize the loss of the blacks so that has worked out quite well for us.
post #759 of 836 Old 07-11-2014, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcelon969 View Post
i realize colors can wash out but i've never seen this behavior where the edges of the screen fade to nothing.

is there a certain panel type i should be looking at that remains visible from all angles even if some color fades?
What ottopilot said ^^^^^^

LGD S - IPS panels 42" and above on LG sets *some other sets * use LGD IPS panels also .
one of the sets here is a 2013 LG 42" pretty good set it is this one > LG 42LN5300 they can be had at Amazon /Best Buy and Newegg and a few other places for $319.00 thats a steal it usually goes for ~$450.00 or more

AFAIK most 32" TV are VA panels including LG . VA panels vary by view angle most are poor at that and none are as good as S-IPS . AFAIK there are no 32" TV with IPS panel maybe a Panasonic but doubtful.

You don't want to pay at least a grand for a 30" IPS PC monitor when you can get a 42" LG TV for $319.00 .

I wouldn't even think about it too long if I wanted that size I would just buy one while I still could .
I already have 6 sets though with the oldest being a 2012 but if I needed another 42 I would buy one of those LG like I already have for a lot less than I paid for mine. ! My calibrated 2013 40" R4 Sony has a better picture but it should for what it costs (poor view angle and all ) but The LG is still pretty darn good and if you cam get one for $319.00 its excellent and then some and a reputable brand .

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; 07-11-2014 at 05:32 PM.
post #760 of 836 Old 07-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcelon969 View Post
i think i'm going to have to buy actual pc monitors this time around.
I've been using a Westinghouse 47' IPS since 2007 as the main PC.. only PC monitor. If you can find this pixel structure in the size that fits your needs your in.

I'm impressed by your USB stick with pictures to test at BB. That I won't forget.

post #761 of 836 Old 07-11-2014, 06:36 PM

let me explain my issue better.

i'm looking to do 3 side by side 32" screens (2 monitor 1 tv). 1920x1080. anything bigger will be too much screen for my desk and i need 1920x1080 since i'm running off a laptop dock and it will not support anything more than that on either display output.

my old samsung LN32A550 from 2009 (1080p) looks just like a laptop screen, if that explains it. i can be as close as i want or on whatever angle i want and i see the entire image, regardless if the colors fade or wash out a bit.

When i sit in front of any of these current 32" models out (samsung / lg / jvc / sharp) and i'm at "monitor viewing distance" the edges of the screen start to disappear. right now i'm probably 18" from my screen and the scroll bar in Chrome on the right side is only halfway visible, until i shift my head over to the right. (the left side has the same deal but there isnt anything over there of note right now)

i'm coming from a 2009 screen so anything will likely be better. ips vs tn vs whatever... i read up on it a little but in the end i'm not doing gaming. this is for a workstation. i just need a screen that doesnt want to disappear on me.

are tvs these days all made like this? do i have to resort to an actual computer monitor at this point? if so i can really only go 27" due to price

hopefully that explains it better. this was just a big surprise to me as at this point i'd rather (not gonna happen) just find 2 more of those old 32LNA550s lol
post #762 of 836 Old 07-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

The three of us are all in concert here that for the least amount of off axis bleed you need to focus on a panel that has IPS.. the chevron shaped sub pixel.
post #763 of 836 Old 07-12-2014, 02:09 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Reading this and other threads I felt confident with the knowledge garnered and headed to my local store to check some codes, I was looking for the "Version Nº" but as it always happens, theory never applies to practice. I saw nothing I could decipher, maybe you can help me out.

I don't know if I need to check the S/N or maybe take a macro photo, but... a photo can only be taken once bought, in which case I would simply get into service menu... : /
post #764 of 836 Old 07-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
Reading this and other threads I felt confident with the knowledge garnered and headed to my local store to check some codes, I was looking for the "Version Nº" but as it always happens, theory never applies to practice. /
From my understanding reading this thread. European labels often lack a BOM/Version number. Post 288 of this thread as reference.

UE40F6320AWXXC
How to read @hristoslav2
Spoiler!

Found via the net:
post #765 of 836 Old 07-12-2014, 12:37 PM

Thank you Woobieizer, I knew about his post, but that won't tell me panel type right?

On your linked pages, that model seems to have a LSF400HF02 panel, yet what you link is model LSF400HJ01-A. The web says it's 10 bit and high color gamut, so one might think it's a Samsung panel but who knows. It says "Display Mode : SVA". That's assuming is the HJ01-A one. Do you think stores keep a list of panel types on a database or something from which I can ask, or are they also in the dark?
post #766 of 836 Old 07-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thank you Woobieizer, I knew about his post, but that won't tell me panel type right?
I put that there to assure you that your not alone. If you knew about his post, then your expectations should have been stated differently, you'll mislead others into thinking every label is a magic scribe.

Quote:
On your linked pages, that model seems to have a LSF400HF02 panel, yet what you link is model LSF400HJ01-A. The web says it's 10 bit and high color gamut, so one might think it's a Samsung panel but who knows. It says "Display Mode : SVA". That's assuming is the HJ01-A one.
First link in spoiler is panel, second is master model number link at samsungpartsnl for a listing of all parts. Third link show the TCON board. To help reference the HERTZ ppl want to know about.

Quote:
Do you think stores keep a list of panel types on a database or something from which I can ask, or are they also in the dark?
It would be a fantastical grand store that offered retail/parts listing all inclusive. Don't think shopping for a TV is like going to AutoZone for a set of sparkplugs for the car.
post #767 of 836 Old 07-12-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobieizer View Post
I put that there to assure you that your not alone. If you knew about his post, then your expectations should have been stated differently, you'll mislead others into thinking every label is a magic scribe. :p
I guess that's the sin of the humble, never pretend to know-it-all.

Quote:
First link in spoiler is panel, second is master model number link at samsungpartsnl for a listing of all parts. Third link show the TCON board. To help reference the HERTZ ppl want to know about. :rolleyes:
I see, so from second link I get to the LSF400HJ01-A part (because LSF400HF02 is board right?). Then I can read; "Description: ASSY OPEN CELL;LSF400HJ01-A,8BIT,40 INCH".
There's a contradiction, your first link says 10bit, and the second one says 8bit. Moreover, where can I see panel type?

Quote:
It would be a fantastical grand store that offered retail/parts listing all inclusive. Don't think shopping for a TV is like going to AutoZone for a set of sparkplugs for the car. :o
And in America all stores are grand? hehe. Just comparing similarities between US and EU.
So all in all, in Europe we are screwed right? no room for manoeuvre.
post #768 of 836 Old 07-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I guess that's the sin of the humble, never pretend to know-it-all.

Three unique BN Part numbers for PRODUCT LCD-AMLCD | One unique BN Part number for Cell
All 4 parts use the same Cell, A cell is a part of the 3 uppermost items. Cell + WLED.

Quote:
I see, so from second link I get to the LSF400HJ01-A part (because LSF400HF02 is board right?). Then I can read; "Description: ASSY OPEN CELL;LSF400HJ01-A,8BIT,40 INCH".
There's a contradiction, your first link says 10bit, and the second one says 8bit. Moreover, where can I see panel type?
Correct LSF400HF02 as well as LSF400HJ01, seen highlighted yellow and LSF400HF02,40 FHD 120 VNB 7th item down. The contradiction you point out is not taking into consideration the 8/10 bit selectable bit depth the "end use assembly" that the cell will reside within.

Quote:
And in America all stores are grand? hehe. Just comparing similarities between US and EU.
So all in all, in Europe we are screwed right? no room for manoeuvre.
Otto did his research and knew what to look for, it was not a store database, it was good ole' hunt and peck. Or hunt and pick . I can not speak for the brick and mortar stores outside the US.

Clear as mud?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 of 2 Tcon.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	158401  
post #769 of 836 Old 07-12-2014, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi everyone I was wondering if someone could help my question about weather or not if the new 2014 Samsung H8000 1080p televisions have a 10-bit panel in them?

I ask because some of the features I was reading were using terms like "Auto Depth Enhancer" and "Wide Color Enhancer Plus" so that led me to think that maybe it was

displaying more than the average 8-bit color depth for a lower end Samsung full hd tv.
post #770 of 836 Old 07-12-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Three unique BN Part numbers for PRODUCT LCD-AMLCD | One unique BN Part number for Cell
All 4 parts use the same Cell, A cell is a part of the 3 uppermost items. Cell + WLED.
I see, so 1 out of 4 panels are not 10bit on this model? I thought panel types were random even among same size and model.

Quote:
Otto did his research and knew what to look for, it was not a store database, it was good ole' hunt and peck. :) Or hunt and pick :). I can not speak for the brick and mortar stores outside the US.
lol. I might get from salesman a weird look when I demand him to plug and turn on the TV so I can take out my great magnifying glass. This is how I should proceed right? hehe. Or maybe I can do the search on panelook.com with the smartphone, do you think that is reliable enough?

Last edited by Dogway; 07-12-2014 at 11:27 PM.
post #771 of 836 Old 07-12-2014, 11:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I see, so 1 out of 4 panels are not 10bit on this model? I thought panel types were random even among same size and model.
No. Same cell in all 4. Think ONION.. layers. Three have back light units with the same exact same cell. The cell is capable of doing 10bit. It is listed as 8 as the lower limit of bit processing.

Quote:
lol. I might get from salesman a weird stare when I demand him to plug and turn on the TV so I can take out my great magnifying glass. This is how I should proceed right? hehe. Or maybe I can do the search on panelook.com with the smartphone, do you think that is reliable enough?
Do whatever you can. You're the customer with the money. I'd suggest doing what one posters suggested. Take a USB stick with some media you like on it. Ask for the sales person to get the remote control, and play with it.. Step to off axis, then over, under to see the how the picture behaves.

Panelook, No Panelook,,, Noodle, Don't Noodle.

post #772 of 836 Old 07-12-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Do whatever you can. You're the customer with the money. I'd suggest doing what one posters suggested. Take a USB stick with some media you like on it. Ask for the sales person to get the remote control, and play with it.. Step to off axis, then over, under to see the how the picture behaves.
haha I love shorts too, I recommend you TheCGBro.
I will do what I'm allowed to do ; ) I thought you were going to say; ask the remote control... and get into service menu lol
Woobieizer likes this.
post #773 of 836 Old 07-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
haha I love shorts too, I recommend you TheCGBro.
I will do what I'm allowed to do ; ) I thought you were going to say; ask the remote control... and get into service menu lol
I just woke up the neighbor with that link..
post #774 of 836 Old 07-13-2014, 04:07 AM
Advanced Member

Random No Model/No Specs/No Year Shots

Just wanted to share some Random non specific shots to get yelled at for doing it.
No issue doing this at my Local Walmart, the MOD (Manager on Duty) was intrigued.
These were taken of the 24/7 burning displays.
I made no attempt to document any data other than size and vendor.
Original file name kept Year/Month/Day/Hour/Min/Sec in first pic.
Exploded view in upper left corner to show POI. Ie patterns or dimming. Enjoy.

Name:	Original Date.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	158850

Name:	IMG_20140713_053122.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	158858

Name:	IMG_20140713_054518.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	158866

Name:	IMG_20140713_054904.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	158874

Name:	IMG_20140713_053912.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	158882
post #775 of 836 Old 07-13-2014, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a UA55HU9000WXXY made in Mexico, version TS01 and the service menu says my panel is a 55A1UU9RH. Could someone give me a bit more info on what the RH means and if this panel is 8 bit or one of these rumoured 10 bit panels that are supposedly out there?

Samsung UA55HU9000, Klipsch Quintet 5.1, Onkyo TX-NR515AE
post #776 of 836 Old 07-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTAsnake View Post
I have a UA55HU9000WXXY made in Mexico, version TS01 and the service menu says my panel is a 55A1UU9RH. Could someone give me a bit more info on what the RH means and if this panel is 8 bit or one of these rumoured 10 bit panels that are supposedly out there?
RH - Rounded horizontal

Look it up via samsung parts and take a macro picture of the pixels.
post #777 of 836 Old 07-13-2014, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

lol. I might get from salesman a weird look when I demand him to plug and turn on the TV so I can take out my great magnifying glass. This is how I should proceed right? hehe. Or maybe I can do the search on panelook.com with the smartphone, do you think that is reliable enough?
You guys are funny, if not a bit fanatical (I should talk ). The only 100% guaranteed way to determine your panel is the loupe test. Impossible to do if you buy online and interesting to do if you go into a store. I've been escorted out of one store but the others were curious as to what I was doing. I just said I was looking for defects in the glass panel. One guy just said "cool" and walked away. If you pretend like you're going to buy it, they will let you get away with some things. Viewing test patterns or test videos is one way but, if the tv is set to Torch Mode or has been screwed around with by someone else....... The best I was able to do with a remote is look around at the various setting options with the salesperson there. They wouldn't let me make any changes to test things. Hopefully you'll have more luck.
post #778 of 836 Old 07-15-2014, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Preliminary report: the Sharp 60" HS01 panel has a great black level and can achieve 4000:1 natively, 5500:1 with RGB gains at maximum. However the viewing angle is extremely weak. The black level is not the problem, the problem is the gamma washout and what it does to skin tones. You can forget about the black level if your gamma is 1.8 and you have milky blue/cyan skin tones. I also noticed some minor purple trailing under rare conditions, which I'm only just now finding out is unique to the Sharp panels. Hence, it is going back.
post #779 of 836 Old 07-15-2014, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi I currently have a HU8550 TV and had a question and you where the guys to ask. Is this panel a 8bit or 10bit panel. Reason I ask is when you look up the TV it gives 2 different choices for panels:

Item Number
BN96-29164B

Description This BN96-29164B is a Genuine BRAND NEW Samsung Open Cell, LSF650FJ02-A,8BIT,65INCH,

And

Brand
Samsung

Item Number
BN95-01370A

Description This BN95-01370A is a Genuine BRAND NEW Samsung LCD Display Panel, AMLCD;CY-KH065FSLV1V,10 BIT,

As you can see the 8550 uses both these panels and they are 2 different panels but on the same model TV..

Here is links to the BN95-01370A Panel:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...6&prst=&shdMod=

http://www.tvserviceparts.com/BN95-01370A.html

And here is a link to the BN96-29164B Panel:

http://www.tvserviceparts.com/BN96-29164B.html

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products...UN65HU8550FXZA

If you can clear this up for me that would be GREAT!
post #780 of 836 Old 07-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Count the diagonal strips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonedcl View Post
TV it gives 2 different choices for panels:
The Premise is wrong.

One fabricated, all inclusive, display with all the 10 bit icing.

One Cell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You really want to know what is in your tv.. Dissect it. Nobody here has access to your tv but you. Nobody can take pictures of the guts, macros of the labels and pixels.. SAVE you.

I opened my set up to investigate (resolve) a rattling sound issue way back in the day.. I don't expect you or the guys who've been lurking here to know that.

Questions for you: How much 10bit addressable content do you have? What device do you have that will send it?.. Did you see anything interesting in the blue sub pixel in the Post above/ now here photo?

Hisma likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , Samsung , Samsung Ln46a850 46 Inch 1080p 120hz Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color , Samsung Un55c6300 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page