Samsung Panel Version Thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 1522 Old 02-15-2015, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2267 Post(s)
Liked: 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbenz94 View Post
Thank you, it's a Sharp panel(GH02)

Chris
Sharp is good I have heard no complaints
Badbenz94 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1522 Old 02-16-2015, 01:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Even the Quad core TVs for the upper end sets, will now be Octo Core for 2015. Need a lot of computer power, especially with 4K, to keep the motion issues at bay.
There are no such motion blur issues when using my PS4 with my 1920x1080 Samsung computer monitor.
post #1263 of 1522 Old 02-16-2015, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Actually, the same goes for every other TV I own. I've never seen motion blur as bad as it is on the Samsung UE32H5000.
post #1264 of 1522 Old 02-16-2015, 06:04 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New HU8550 has QS04

Hello everyone, so I just bought a 65" Sammy HU8550 and the version is QS04. I've seen people mention the QS04 panel (supposed to be innolux or something like that) but I've never heard if that's supposed to be a decent panel or if it's crap. My first impressions with this TV are mostly negative. I'm coming from a 2012 model panny plasma and I think I forgot that LED TV's have generally a grainier picture than plasmas. I had my plasma's sharpness at a constant 70 and this new Sammy is grainier than the plasma at 0! I remember when I first got the plasma all I'd had were LCD TV's to that point and I thought the picture was too "soft" at first. I guess I was hoping that LCD's had come a longer way in the "grainy" department since I last owned one. Also, there's a slight issue with i'd guess you'd say the uniformity. On bright screens when the camera is panning left or right there are faint vertical black bars. They are only there in the situation I just mentioned and even then you'd have to be watching for them to see them, but they are definitely there. I'm more worried that they'll get worse than the fact that they're there at all. On a positive note 4k content looks amazing, no graininess at all, but the uniformity issue is about the same. So in conclusion i'm not sure if my initial impressions are caused by the panel I got or if they'll get worse. Also, when I go to look at the chipset version it starts with T-NT and I forget if that means golf or novatek.
post #1265 of 1522 Old 02-16-2015, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaket81 View Post
Hello everyone, so I just bought a 65" Sammy HU8550 and the version is QS04. I've seen people mention the QS04 panel (supposed to be innolux or something like that) but I've never heard if that's supposed to be a decent panel or if it's crap. My first impressions with this TV are mostly negative. I'm coming from a 2012 model panny plasma and I think I forgot that LED TV's have generally a grainier picture than plasmas. I had my plasma's sharpness at a constant 70 and this new Sammy is grainier than the plasma at 0! I remember when I first got the plasma all I'd had were LCD TV's to that point and I thought the picture was too "soft" at first. I guess I was hoping that LCD's had come a longer way in the "grainy" department since I last owned one. Also, there's a slight issue with i'd guess you'd say the uniformity. On bright screens when the camera is panning left or right there are faint vertical black bars. They are only there in the situation I just mentioned and even then you'd have to be watching for them to see them, but they are definitely there. I'm more worried that they'll get worse than the fact that they're there at all. On a positive note 4k content looks amazing, no graininess at all, but the uniformity issue is about the same. So in conclusion i'm not sure if my initial impressions are caused by the panel I got or if they'll get worse. Also, when I go to look at the chipset version it starts with T-NT and I forget if that means golf or novatek.
I just got my 65hu8550 last week. The picture started off awesome, then the tv downloaded the firmware. Then the picture wasn't as good. I then went through all the settings and reworked some things. I set my xbox one to RGB and instantly the blacks were darker. I then played with the tv settings. Now the picture is sharp and looks better than the Panasonic plasma I had.

The point is that you will have to tweek the picture a little. Also avsforum can get you scared that you don't have a good tv since you don't have the TH01 with golf chipset. I have the QS04 as well and things look really good now.
post #1266 of 1522 Old 02-16-2015, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Poe View Post
I just got my 65hu8550 last week. The picture started off awesome, then the tv downloaded the firmware. Then the picture wasn't as good. I then went through all the settings and reworked some things. I set my xbox one to RGB and instantly the blacks were darker. I then played with the tv settings. Now the picture is sharp and looks better than the Panasonic plasma I had.

The point is that you will have to tweek the picture a little. Also avsforum can get you scared that you don't have a good tv since you don't have the TH01 with golf chipset. I have the QS04 as well and things look really good now.
Thank you doctor, it's a relief to see someone with the same panel as me that is satisfied with it. Do you mind telling me what settings you tweaked? I wouldn't expect you to list all of them just the most important ones. My issue is that I would not be considered a true videophile in that I tend to like a more vibrant picture and I don't mind the "soap opera effect" so much. Whenever I've mirrored recommended settings either by a professional critic or just a peer the picture just looks dull to me. I do realize that what seems "dull" to me is how it's supposed to look.

Last edited by blaket81; 02-16-2015 at 07:50 AM.
post #1267 of 1522 Old 02-16-2015, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Settings are pretty much all related so changing one may affect another. That's why there is a lot of going back and forth when calibrating or adjusting a panel. That's also why using settings from another tv on yours doesn't always work because the settings are based on component tolerances, and every tv is qc'd a little bit differently from each other. You might consider picking up a calibration disk and adjusting your panel for it's component tolerances and your viewing environment. It won't be a true calibration but adjusting the basics to rec. 709 standards may be all you need.
post #1268 of 1522 Old 02-16-2015, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 3731 Post(s)
Liked: 1523
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaket81 View Post
Did u try using digital clean view? I usually have to keep mine on low at all times cause there's so much grain. Keeping it off to me is not even an option.
post #1269 of 1522 Old 02-16-2015, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtronic View Post
I received a Samsung UE32H5000 from this morning, and I couldn't work out who made the panel based on information here. The type number on the rear of the set is two digits not four ("04"), and according to the service menu, the 8 character identifier is "32H6AF0V".

Whoever made it, the motion blur is absolutely horrendous when using it with my PS4 and I'm sending it back.
Below is from "Option" Panel de-code's posted on AVS and avforums.

The SM "Option" you posted was: 32 H 6 A F 0 V

32 — panel size
H — panel manufacturer (A = Samsung; H = Sharp; D = CMO;
L {or R} = AUO {au optronics}; I = CPT; P = CMI )
6 — frequency (6 = 50/60 Hz; 1 = 100/120 Hz; 2 = 200/240 Hz)
A — panel (A = AntiGlare; T = TN; U = Ultra Clear)
F — resolution (F = Full HD; H = HD; U = UD)
0 — 1st, 2nd panel and so on (1st = 0; 2nd = 1 ...)
V — backlight unit (C = CCFL; L = LED; E = Edge LED; V =
Vertical Edge LED {above and below}; S = Side by side LED)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayen View Post
Sorry...
The "Option Code" from your Service Menu Photo:
"48A1UF6R" = 48" Samsung Panel, 100/120 Hz, Ultra Clear, Full HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make73 View Post
Model: UE75H6475SUXXE
Version : 01
Panelook.com gave two Full HD panel types:<snip>
However code 75A1AF0V means 100/120Hz panel if I got it right?!

Made in Slovakia<snip>
http://www.tvserviceparts.com/BN95-01342A.html

Those are just spare parts, I can´t be sure what is exact model in my TV, shame that you can´t find that from service menu.
Your Service Menu panel code posted above:

"75A1AF0V" = 75" Samsung Panel, 100/120 Hz, AntiGlare, Full HD, 1st panel, Vertical Edge LED
Make73 likes this.
post #1270 of 1522 Old 02-16-2015, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I just started with the cnet settings and then the loving dvd settings. These seemed dull like you said because of the color accuracy. I wanted more pop so I changed it to dynamic mode. I then adjusted the backlight, sharpness, and contrast to the loving dvd settings. So it was a combo dynamic mode and loving dvd settings.
post #1271 of 1522 Old 02-16-2015, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotart View Post
V — backlight unit (C = CCFL; L = LED; E = Edge LED; V =
Vertical Edge LED {above and below}
; S = Side by side LED)

Your Service Menu panel code posted above:

"75A1AF0V" = 75" Samsung Panel, 100/120 Hz, AntiGlare, Full HD, 1st panel, Vertical Edge LED
What is Vertical Edge LED?
Is it same than Direct lit?
http://www.rtings.com/info/lcd-vs-le.../how-they-work

HDTVtest.co.uk says at UE48H6400 review
"...Among the H6400′s many praiseworthy attributes are deep blacks from a VA-type LCD panel, good backlight uniformity helped by direct-lit LED placement..."
post #1272 of 1522 Old 02-16-2015, 10:55 PM
Advanced Member

^^^^^All I can suggest is to turn your Backlight setting way up for a while and you will be able to detect the heat from your LED's.

Mine seem to be more along the sides than top/bottom edges.
It's a 55A1UU8EH and I've no clue what that last 'H' is.

edit:- EH= Even Horizontal

My first Samsung (returned due to terrible screen pq)
had backlight instead of edge light.
Art

Last edited by pilotart; 02-19-2015 at 07:36 PM. Reason: add information & link
post #1273 of 1522 Old 02-19-2015, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobieizer View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by bestboy1 

So my UD03 panel ends in FXZC not FXZA. So does this mean my panel is not Samsung?

Not necessarily
Nothing to cross reference that FXZC against.

Take the back panel off and get the label number. My number here; can be cross referenced.
http://cdn.avsforum.com/6/6a/900x900...9e6_Panel.jpeg

Hard to miss as seen in the upper middle. You might be able to pursue this question further once obtained.
http://cdn.avsforum.com/4/4c/900x900px-LL-4ce318b9_Speakerfireoutward.jpeg

My friend is selling his UN46EH5000, Version UD03. Hoping this is a PVA or S-PVA Samsung Panel - any insight? Thank you.
post #1274 of 1522 Old 02-19-2015, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
^^^^^All I can suggest is to turn your Backlight setting way up for a while and you will be able to detect the heat from your LED's.

Mine seem to be more along the sides than top/bottom edges.
It's a 55A1UU8EH and I've no clue what that last 'H' is.

My first Samsung (returned due to terrible screen pq)
had backlight instead of edge light.
Art
I have weird one for first or second panel I have Z instead of a number.For backlight type I have a R is that chart still accurate if so what is this 65A1UUZRH
post #1275 of 1522 Old 02-19-2015, 08:08 PM
Advanced Member

^^^^^^^From same site as I found that my 55A1UU8EH's "EH" was "Even Horizontal" (lots of Cyrilic text on that site).

There I saw that your "RH" was shown as RH= Rounded Horizontal, nothing on that "Z" though.

Since mine was "8th" perhaps after "9th" they go into letters...

65A1UUZRH only led me to two brief Korean pages which after Chrome's translation into English, made no sense at all.
Art
post #1276 of 1522 Old 02-19-2015, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
^^^^^^^From same site as I found that my 55A1UU8EH's "EH" was "Even Horizontal" (lots of Cyrilic text on that site).

There I saw that your "RH" was shown as RH= Rounded Horizontal, nothing on that "Z" though.

65A1UUZRH only led me to two brief Korean pages which after Chrome's translation into English, made no sense at all.
Art
lol ya saw those korean pages ..Hmmm rounded Horizontal
post #1277 of 1522 Old 02-22-2015, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just ordered an samsung UN65HU8550 .
I got it from a authorized dealer. I have not received it yet but will return it if the panel version isn't
what is recommended on this thread. My Question is as far as the panel lottery is concerned, do you have a better chance of a good panel if bought from an authorized dealer as compared to unauthorized dealers for example as east coast TV's?

"There in no W.A.F. in my house. If She dont like it, She can live with her Mother"
Pioneer ElitE SC 87
Samsung UN65HU8550 8 Bit
Svs pb12+2 ultra
post #1278 of 1522 Old 02-22-2015, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

If you buy online then the dealer will just pull whatever they have in the warehouse regardless of who it is. Nobody is going to go thru their inventory and look for a particular version number. The best way to get the panel you want, or think you want, is to go to brick and mortar and look thru their inventory and try to find that magical version number. Or take jeweler's loupe (the loupe test) and check the pixel pattern so see if you can determine the pixel structure (hence the panel type) compared to reference pictures. Even if you do get an S-PVA panel, there are subtle differences between them so that's not a 100% guarantee that the panel will meet your expectations. There are always compromises so you need to decide what's most important to you. You may be surprised to find that whichever type of panel you get is just fine for you.
post #1279 of 1522 Old 02-22-2015, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmountainbiker View Post
I just ordered an samsung UN65HU8550 .
I got it from a authorized dealer. I have not received it yet but will return it if the panel version isn't
what is recommended on this thread. My Question is as far as the panel lottery is concerned, do you have a better chance of a good panel if bought from an authorized dealer as compared to unauthorized dealers for example as east coast TV's?
All the same. But it's probably easier to do returns if bought from a local store.
post #1280 of 1522 Old 02-22-2015, 10:14 AM

Is there a link for the version codes for my 65in 8550?

"There in no W.A.F. in my house. If She dont like it, She can live with her Mother"
Pioneer ElitE SC 87
Samsung UN65HU8550 8 Bit
Svs pb12+2 ultra
post #1281 of 1522 Old 02-22-2015, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

For North American tv's I believe that any version code that is Txxx or Uxxx is supposed to be the Samsung S-PVA panel. I'm pretty sure about the Txxx designation but the Uxxx and maybe another code may also be the S-PVA panel. You could use the Search feature and find the information.
post #1282 of 1522 Old 02-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Is there a link for the version codes for my 65in 8550?
Yes there are, but the problem is that "Versions" are driven by "Build Date" as Samsung only produces one version at a time.

65" 8550's went from TS01 to TS02 last September, then IS03 and QH04 after December. TS0x was Samsung and think the Ixxx & Qxxx were Innolux. The owners have loved the Picture Quality, especially the Innolux versions.

If You search the huge AVS 8550/9000 Thread, (use "Search This Thread" at top of every Thread Page) you will see a lot of discussion on the chipset (50">65" TV's) change to Novatek after the xx01 version.

xx01 versions were in production prior to last September and there's no knowledge yet about which chipset will be in the 2015 models.

This chipset issue is just a 'red-herring' except for those wanting to connect their high-end Video Cards through their PC's, then the post xx01 chipset won't give 4:4:4 @ 60. To obtain that xx01 (TS01 in case of 65", TH01 for 55", IH01 for 50", etc.) early "Golf" chipset, you would need an August or earlier Build Date, probably a Dealer's Display TV would be best bet for that. (Some of the less-reputable online sellers sneak refurbished TV's {90 Day Samsung Warranty} out as New and could likely have early build dates.)

Panel Picture-Quality (especially flashlighting, edge bleeds and clouding) is driven by handling of the box before you get it (as well as how you unbox and set up). It is important (and stated on the box) that the box be only shipped, stored or delivered standing upright, and always with the bottom edge down.

This would be pretty simple for Samsung shipping to their Dealers. No doubt there would be many boxed TV's shipped inside a much larger carton, probably on a pallet and most definitely marked "This Side Up".

You can look around that Brick & Mortar store and see how they store and handle them.

Mine arrived (online shipment) steel strapped upright on a wooden pallet that was twice as wide and over one foot longer than the box (and a "shock detector button"). No way for it to be easily oriented any other way than the correct way, it had a perfect panel from day-one
Art

Last edited by pilotart; 02-22-2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: add Links
post #1283 of 1522 Old 02-22-2015, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

Art
Quote:
Originally Posted by player002 View Post
lol ya saw those korean pages ..Hmmm rounded Horizontal
That "Z" is probably a 2? Rounded Horizontal is to distinguish curved from flat models I think, still is edge lit.
(cyrillic = greek ".gr")

Here is a thermal shot of the HU7500, still looks like bottom and top LEDs. Or maybe just bottom like most Sony's. Not sure if it's the angle that hides the top LEDs ...
Anyone can take a pic like this with a infrared cam/thermal imager(/phone app?). Only once have I seen them do it from the back and it easily gave the best result so not sure why they keep sticking to doing it from the front most of the time ... (pretty expensive devices apparently, must be a budget diy alternative for it))

pilotart likes this.

Last edited by mithras1; 02-22-2015 at 03:19 PM.
post #1284 of 1522 Old 02-25-2015, 05:10 PM

Too much information.

Quote:
Yes there are, but the problem is that "Versions" are driven by "Build Date" as Samsung only produces one version at a time.

65" 8550's went from TS01 to TS02 last September, then IS03 and QH04 after December. TS0x was Samsung and think the Ixxx & Qxxx were Innolux. The owners have loved the Picture Quality, especially the Innolux versions.

If You search the huge AVS 8550/9000 Thread, (use "Search This Thread" at top of every Thread Page) you will see a lot of discussion on the chipset (50">65" TV's) change to Novatek after the xx01 version.

xx01 versions were in production prior to last September and there's no knowledge yet about which chipset will be in the 2015 models.

This chipset issue is just a 'red-herring' except for those wanting to connect their high-end Video Cards through their PC's, then the post xx01 chipset won't give 4:4:4 @ 60. To obtain that xx01 (TS01 in case of 65", TH01 for 55", IH01 for 50", etc.) early "Golf" chipset, you would need an August or earlier Build Date, probably a Dealer's Display TV would be best bet for that. (Some of the less-reputable online sellers sneak refurbished TV's {90 Day Samsung Warranty} out as New and could likely have early build dates.)

Panel Picture-Quality (especially flashlighting, edge bleeds and clouding) is driven by handling of the box before you get it (as well as how you unbox and set up). It is important (and stated on the box) that the box be only shipped, stored or delivered standing upright, and always with the bottom edge down.

This would be pretty simple for Samsung shipping to their Dealers. No doubt there would be many boxed TV's shipped inside a much larger carton, probably on a pallet and most definitely marked "This Side Up".

You can look around that Brick & Mortar store and see how they store and handle them.

Mine arrived (online shipment) steel strapped upright on a wooden pallet that was twice as wide and over one foot longer than the box (and a "shock detector button"). No way for it to be easily oriented any other way than the correct way, it had a perfect panel from day-one
Art
What code should I most be wary of within those build dates?

Pioneer ElitE SC 87
Samsung UN65HU8550 8 Bit
Svs pb12+2 ultra

Last edited by mmountainbiker; 02-25-2015 at 05:16 PM.
post #1285 of 1522 Old 02-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
What code should I most be wary of within those build dates?
Your 65" 8550 will come with the QH04 and from reports on AVS from owners, you should love it.

Only way for you to get a different build date will be to buy an older TV. Only way I would do that would be if I could negotiate a sweet deal on a Dealer's Display TV which I liked, (you know he is soon going to have to replace with a 2015). I would want absolutely nothing to do with any 'open-box' or 'refurbished'.

Just do all you can to insure that it is handled and set up with care in the correct orientation. You will then need to use it long enough to set it up for your preferences and judge how you like it.

My 8550 experience is limited to my one 55" now six months old and it has been just about perfect. I say "just-about" because a recent TV Update broke my Smart View iPhone app and its internal clock is usually a few minutes slow on auto-set from its Broadcast TV Antenna... No other issues at all, ever.
Art
post #1286 of 1522 Old 02-26-2015, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 12
You guys seem to be enamored with displays a lot. Have you considered the fact that the tuner itself could be the the issue of a lot of image quality problems?

My Samsung had a fairy good picture until the repairman replaced the main circuit board (USB problems), and now my image quality is not as good as it used to be in spite of my many attempts to calibrate the TV.

Just my 2 cents.
post #1287 of 1522 Old 02-26-2015, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Most tuners nowadays are very good. The quality of the signal broadcast can vary considerably which can affect pq. If your main board got replaced chances are it's the other components on the board that are affecting your pq and not necessarily the tuner.
post #1288 of 1522 Old 02-26-2015, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 903 Post(s)
Liked: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4:3 Toshiba View Post
You guys seem to be enamored with displays a lot. Have you considered the fact that the tuner itself could be the the issue of a lot of image quality problems?

My Samsung had a fairy good picture until the repairman replaced the main circuit board (USB problems), and now my image quality is not as good as it used to be in spite of my many attempts to calibrate the TV.

Just my 2 cents.

Did you also re-calibrate the Sharpness after the calibrations? I have had the Sharpness change after a calibration by up to 12 clicks.
post #1289 of 1522 Old 02-26-2015, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4:3 Toshiba View Post

Just my 2 cents.
there are 5-10 layers of panels that make up the panel, if when repairing the circuit bored he bumped something outta place..light bleed can happen as those panels are no longer lined up correctly or are now out of place or have some sort of seperation.
pilotart likes this.

TV; samsung 65JS9500(arrived! great deal from cleveland plasma, excellent panel!!) SAMSUNG 65 HU9000+sek3500(7 months) SAMSUNG 65 8550 4k (30 days) SONY XBR65X850B 4k(owned for 2 weeks), previous was SAMSUNG 65 F7100 1080P
AVR: Sony 7.2 1040
Blu Ray: Oppo 103D
post #1290 of 1522 Old 02-26-2015, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Most tuners nowadays are very good. The quality of the signal broadcast can vary considerably which can affect pq. If your main board got replaced chances are it's the other components on the board that are affecting your pq and not necessarily the tuner.
It's a two month old TV.

The only other electronics I saw in the TV was the power supply and the speakers.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , Samsung , Samsung Ln46a850 46 Inch 1080p 120hz Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color , Samsung Un55c6300 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page