Samsung Panel Version Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After reading about all this panel version nonsense and possible misinformation, maybe it is time for a thread where owners can post evidence of what they find.

The following information should be collected below.

1) Version sticker on the back can read as follows:

Version "A" panels: AC01, AC02, AC03, AC04, AA01, AA02, AA03, AA04 and BA01 all come from AU Optronics.
Version "S" panels: SQ01, SQ02, SQ03, SQ04, SS01, SS02, SS03, SS04 and SX03 are made by Samsung.
Version "C" panels: CN01, CN02, BN01 and BN02 stand for CMO.
Version "H" panels: H305, H306, H308, unclear what these are, but so far they seem to be made by Samsung (data pending).

2) Enter the Service Menu to find your "Type", which should match up with what is here (be careful, just look, don't do anything else):

55A1UF0E
A — panel manufacturer (A = Samsung; D = CMO; L = AUO; I = CPT)
1 — frequency (6 = 50/60 Hz; 1 = 100/120 Hz; 2 = 200/240 Hz)
U — panel (A = AntiGlare; T = TN; U = Ultra Clear)
F — resolution (F = Full HD; H = HD; U = UD)
0 — 1st, 2nd panel and so on (1st = 0; 2nd = 1 ...)
C — backlight unit (C = CCFL; L = LED; E = Edge LED)

Post in the following format:

Version No: H306
MFD: September 2010
Type: 55A1UF0E
A — panel manufacturer (A = Samsung; D = CMO; L = AUO; I = CPT)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 05:02 AM

And what is the difference in those model?
post #3 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
For my UN55C6300SFXZA, per the info on the outside right rear sticker & on the outside end-flap of the box, mine carries a "CN01" panel. Once it was registered it showed it had a mfg. date of 2/28/10.

Per the SM, mine says;
55A1UF0E.

Notice the conflict?

Ken

The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

post #4 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearrean View Post

For my UN55C6300SFXZA, per the info on the outside right rear sticker & on the outside end-flap of the box, mine carries a "CN01" panel. Once it was registered it showed it had a mfg. date of 2/28/10.

Per the SM, mine says;
55A1UF0E.

Notice the conflict?

Ken

So as per the service menu, you have a Samsung panel, or so this is what Samsung wants you to believe.
post #5 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnpr View Post

So as per the service menu, you have a Samsung panel, or so this is what Samsung wants you to believe.

I cannot answer that question accurately. As I said in my last post on the other thread, they may or may not be trying to be deceitful. The matrix code does say that that the 3rd character is supposed to be the panel vendor. What do they mean by vendor? Samsung supposedly does design all the panels that go into their units. But we also know they do farm out panels for assembly, etc. This part I will try & get an answer from my Samsung contact & let you know. But again, I am hoping that more & more people will post here with their SM info so we can see just how many show an "A" as the 3rd character. (My bet is that most all will show an "A" here). I'm glad you started this thread. This can help clear a lot of this up.

Ken

The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

post #6 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 08:39 AM

I have a LN46A850 with an SQ panel beautiful picture. So much so that I pit up with a little light bleed from the corners.
post #7 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solius View Post

I have a LN46A850 with an SQ panel beautiful picture. So much so that I pit up with a little light bleed from the corners.

Please read the OP's purpose for starting this thread. Look at his 1st post. What he describes & comments relating to that only is the only info he's looking for here.

For "jnpr": I just wanted to clarify for him & others why you started this thread. If not, it will get totally out-of-hand & you'll never get the info you actually started this thread for. Hope you don't mind.

Ken

post #8 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

@jnpr
Glad you started this thread. The URL below is from an older thread discussing this issue and lists the different ways of determining the manufacturer of the inside panel. I've never been impressed with Samsungs documentation which is often filled with errors or has numerous omissions, so if their quality control is as bad with their HDTVs then the only sure way of knowing whats inside would be to actually see the sticker on the panel itself.

How to determine whats inside:
1. Sticker info
2. Panel Codename in Service Menu
3. Pixel Photo
4. Most exact evidence - sticker on panel inside TV (Disassembling required in most cases)

Samsung S, A, C Panel Differences: 2009 LCD Line-Up
post #9 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

The intent of starting this thread was to share information and knowledge of this ongoing debate on panel versions. Since buying my UN55C6300SFXZA I have been plagued with the idea that I may possibly have an inferior set due to all this talk of non-Samsung panels. This has made me question problems or issues that I think I may be seeing with my set, which is not really fun. The bottom line which was previously stated by Ken is that if you are happy with what you have, do you really care if you have a different panel version? Sure you can debate the differences between AU, CMO, Samsung panels, but in the end if you are happy with what you see, who cares.

So if possible, follow the guidelines of my 1st post in providing the information so we can all get an idea actual differences, if any exist.
post #10 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm bumping this up because I want to see folks participating here, particularly those who were agressively disagreeing in the other thread. I truly want to see several results, so we know for sure what's going on..

Ken

post #11 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 01:54 PM

LN46C600 - outside sticker says SQ01, I will get to the SM to see what it says.
Q: How to enter SM?
A: {DISPLAY} {P.STD} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote while TV is in standby
- is it still valid?
post #12 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqaddict View Post

LN46C600 - outside sticker says SQ01, I will get to the SM to see what it says.
Q: How to enter SM?
A: {DISPLAY} {P.STD} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote while TV is in standby
- is it still valid?

MUTE-1-8-2-POWER

Use caution, don't hit any other buttons, just check where it says "Type"
post #13 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hearrean
As I said in my last post on the other thread, they may or may not be trying to be deceitful.

I believe Samsung started using different panels in their TVs back in 2006/07 and wouldnt admit they were doing so until several years later.

Regarding hearrean's comment (My bet is that most all will show an "A" here) I suspect its a move by Samsung to prevent panel identity and All "service menu types" will show Samsung in the future, regardless of who manufactured the panel.

Its also possible that Hxxx will be the only identifier used. Interesting to see what will happen in the next few months and in the following year.
post #14 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:

MUTE-1-8-2-POWER

Use caution, don't hit any other buttons, just check where it says "Type"

Thank you.
Type: 46A1AF0C

UPC outside the box SQ01

Manufacture date 2010-09-15
So, it is a Sammy panel.
post #15 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin2 View Post

I believe Samsung started using different panels in their TVs back in 2006/07 and wouldnt admit they were doing so until several years later.

Regarding hearrean's comment (My bet is that most all will show an "A" here) I suspect its a move by Samsung to prevent panel identity and All "service menu types" will show Samsung in the future, regardless of who manufactured the panel.

Its also possible that Hxxx will be the only identifier used. Interesting to see what will happen in the next few months and in the following year.

I believe I've said both of those things from the start, but noone chose to believe me. His starting of this thread should settle this issue once & for all.

Ken

post #16 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
The Samsung S, A, C Panel Lottery thread is very helpful. I don't see why we can't post it all on there?
post #17 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thank you.

UPC outside the box SQ01

So, it is a Sammy panel.

Quote:

Wrong!!!

Ken

Well Ken, I believe it is a Samsung panel.
Why do you think its not?
post #18 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-It-Yourself View Post

The Samsung S, A, C Panel Lottery thread is very helpful. I don't see why we can't post it all on there?

Doesn't matter to me, but I'm afraid the data the OP is looking for will just get lost in that huge thread. He started this thread because there is a growing number of folks over on the 6300, 6400 & 6500 thread who are starting to believe that this decoding technique found in the SM tells you the true panel (or panel maker) of your unit, even though you may have a sticker on the outside rear that says something else. And my point is that it doesn't. But that will be up to "jnpr" if he chooses to move this thread.

Ken

post #19 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well Ken, I believe it is a Samsung panel.
Why do you think its not?

You're absolutely correct! I had an absolute brain-fart! It does show to be in agreement with his sticker and be a "S" panel, which is Samsung. Again, my apologies.
Let's see how many more we get that hold true. So far, there is shown to be (1) that agrees & (2) that don't match including mine (one was in the other thread). He needs to post that over here.

Ken

post #20 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you.

UPC outside the box SQ01

So, it is a Sammy panel.

Yes, you are correct!

Ken

post #21 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You're absolutely correct! I had an absolute brain-fart!Ken

I hope those are infrequent. I find as I get older, they happen more often

Quote:

Let's see how many more we get that hold true. So far, there is shown to be (1) that agrees & (2) that don't match including mine (one was in the other thread). He needs to post that over here.

If as we suspect, the 3rd character of all/most menu types will show a Samsung panel, then all TVs labeled with a Samsung version sticker will agree.

I think the service menu type was a reliable method to determine the panel in the past, however it now seems that it may no longer be so. If all types now read Samsung, it would be interesting to find out when it started as I believe its very recent happening, possibly early this year.
post #22 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 06:17 PM

When I go into the service menu this is what I have:

Version: C600
MFD: 8-30-2010
Type: 46L1AF0C
Panel: AA02

Breakdown:
L - AUO panel
1 - 100/120 HZ
A - Antiglare
F - Full HD
0 - 1st Panel (what does this mean?)
C - CCFL
post #23 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mine is a 46C650 SQ01 March build
menu type 46A1UF0C

Here are a few that I dug out of a French forum. There were probably 10 Samsungs and all matched the menu type.

There were a few with xxPxxxxx that nobody could identify but seeing that they had BN and CN stickers, I imagine the P identifies them as CMO panels.
CMO has at least one plant in Europe so my best guess is "P' is a European CMO panel and "D" is Asian.

There was also one with a BN sticker but a Samsung menu type - I believe their response to this one is the outer label isnt always 100%

UE40C6000RWXZG
Version No: CN01
Internal menu type : 40D1UF0E

Model: UE40C6000RWXZF
So a CMO panel

Model: 46B650
Version : CN02
Type : 46D1UF0C

Model Code: UE40C6000RWXZG
version no : CN01

32UEB6000VWXXC
Version: CN01
32P1UF0E 32P1UF0E

CMO panel

AA panel
post #24 of 835 Old 12-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

Don't believe anyone has figured it out. At first I assumed the 0 = first panel would mean the first panel in that particular version, ie AA01, but I later discovered that wasnt it.
I cant recall how many of those menu types that I saw but only one had a 1 in that position.
post #25 of 835 Old 12-03-2010, 05:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I hope those are infrequent. I find as I get older, they happen more often

If as we suspect, the 3rd character of all/most menu types will show a Samsung panel, then all TVs labeled with a Samsung version sticker will agree.

I may not be understanding what you're saying, but that is just the opposite of what I have been saying. I've been saying that per this matrix code that so many now seem to be relying on, my contention is that in the SM, most 3rd characters will say "A" but could have an outside sticker that says something else like mine which has a sticker that says version "CN01", but in the SM, the 3rd character shows an A. We know that "C" panels are made by Chei Mei Electronics, not Samsung. And we've already found (2) others with the same conflict.

Ken

post #26 of 835 Old 12-03-2010, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

When I go into the service menu this is what I have:

Version: C600
MFD: 8-30-2010
Type: 46L1AF0C
Panel: AA02

Breakdown:
L - AUO panel
1 - 100/120 HZ
A - Antiglare
F - Full HD
C - CCFL

This one agrees, 3rd character shows a "L" and his panel version sticker shows a "A."

I may end up being wrong about most 3rd characters showing as "A."

Ken

post #27 of 835 Old 12-03-2010, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I may not be understanding what you're saying, but that is just the opposite of what I have been saying. I've been saying that per this matrix code that so many now seem to be relying on, my contention is that in the SM, most 3rd characters will say "A" but could have an outside sticker that says something else like mine which has a sticker that says version "CN01", but in the SM, the 3rd character shows an A. We know that "C" panels are made by Chei Mei Electronics, not Samsung. And we've already found (2) others with the same conflict.

Ken

Maybe you have a Samsung panel after all.

Even from my findings on a display model in a local store, the sticker on the rear of the set clearly said "CN01", but the SM said "A", which stands for Samsung. It is funny that your example, and the example I found in the store match perfectly. The only thing in common between these is they are newer sets, and are C6300 series. The debate continues....

I also know that nobody has been able to determine 100% what these "H" versions stand for, though the SM clearly states "A", which again is for Samsung. Maybe someone has enough guts to take one of these "H" versions apart to get the real answer, if that will even prove anything.
post #28 of 835 Old 12-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Maybe you have a Samsung panel after all.

Even from my findings on a display model in a local store, the sticker on the rear of the set clearly said "CN01", but the SM said "A", which stands for Samsung. It is funny that your example, and the example I found in the store match perfectly. The only thing in common between these is they are newer sets, and are C6300 series. The debate continues....

I also know that nobody has been able to determine 100% what these "H" versions stand for, though the SM clearly states "A", which again is for Samsung. Maybe someone has enough guts to take one of these "H" versions apart to get the real answer, if that will even prove anything.

As I said earlier the service menu type was a reliable way to determine the panels inside and now that I've looked at this closer I believe it still is.
So far as you say it appears to be with the c6300 units and if Im not mistaken they are all 55".

Its too soon to tell but Im suspecting a glitch when the service menu entry is entered/embedded during assembly.

H3xx panels have been installed in some of the smaller models, so Im hoping the menu types on those are correct and you may eventually find out who manufactures H3xx panels.

Another way to check a panel is to take a photo of the panels pixel structure, according to those in the know a panel can be identified this way.

EDIT
H3xx may very well identify Samsung panels.
HQ01 - matrix S-PVA from Samsung

HQxx is a Samsung identifier and I believe there was another
H?xx Samsung panel
post #29 of 835 Old 12-03-2010, 10:32 AM

Model: LN40C610 (AA03 on box)
Type: 40L1AF0C (adheres to the logic here that its an AUO panel)

I had read somewhere else that someone thought AA03 was still made by Samsung, but its hard to distill the accurate information.
post #30 of 835 Old 12-03-2010, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Its too soon to tell but Im suspecting a glitch when the service menu entry is entered/embedded during assembly.

H3xx panels have been installed in some of the smaller models, so Im hoping the menu types on those are correct and you may eventually find out who manufactures H3xx panels.

EDIT
H3xx may very well identify Samsung panels.
HQ01 - matrix S-PVA from Samsung

HQxx is a Samsung identifier and I believe there was another
H?xx Samsung panel

I guess we just have to sit and wait for more data to become available on these "H3*" panels. If Ken wants to jump in, he may know something more.

Interestingly enough I went to a local BB today to take some panel version inventory and noticed that 9 series sets had "HQ" panel versions, which would go along with what you were mentioning.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , Samsung , Samsung Ln46a850 46 Inch 1080p 120hz Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color , Samsung Un55c6300 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page