VIZIO XVT553SV 55-Inch about to be delivered -- HDMI cable brand? What else? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-10-2010, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A bit of a computer techie am I but I've had no TV for 17 years. My partner now wants one. After some research, we are awaiting the delivery of VIZIO XVT553SV 55-Inch .

What HDMI cables do we need? What is the best brand. A lot of people tout Mediabridge sold on Amazon -- but of course I know about Monster cables which are at least 4 times as much.

Would like to get the best, no hassles and what we need. Don't have much time these days for a steep learning curve to understand that the cable is defective.

We have Cable -- the TV will probably be far away from where the box is installed. Not even sure if it is best to extend the cable wire or get a long HDMI cable.

If I am saying something stupid here -- it is not that I am stupid but have zero time for research. Dealing with very serious medical issues with my partner and I am drained.

So hoping people can step in with advice.

No gaming -- we are older -- no Ps3, Wii, etc.

We are also awaiting a fully-loaded quad HP 8740w laptop with a built in Blu-ray player. our first. Do we need an independent Blu-ray player? More cables for that?

And no -- I haven't even begun to think about a sound system. -- we have an unopened Onkyo TX-SR607 7.2-Channel A/V Surround Home Theater Receiver bought over a year ago before illnesses started.

Any recommendations for that & necessary cables would be welcome (I realize these queries go beyond the scope of this forum but if people can direct me to the proper place to post -- that would help.

And finally. We are not installing the TV on the wall yet. We have no idea what is going to be comfortable. Can anyone recommend something to put it on in the interim?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-10-2010, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Get the cheapest HDMI cables you can. Forum sponsor Monoprice has great deals on all kinds of cables, including HDMI. People who buy Monster Brand cables have nothing better to do with their money.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-10-2010, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

bump help please!
post #4 of 5 Old 12-11-2010, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Do yourself a big favor and buy the Monoprice HDMI cable and any other cables you need.

They are well made and very inexpensive. Check out the reviews on their site as well as here.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-11-2010, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
If you are a computer junkie you know HDMI cables are all the same. Either the data gets through or it doesn't
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page