Samsung 2011 Lineup - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #151 of 1817 Old 01-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Senior Member
 
amjustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 View Post


I have seen reports of just the 60" then some of the 65". I don't know what to believe, I will just assume there will be an 65" as they already have a 65" c8000.

I was told there would be a 65 at CES and the interview with the Samsung CEO he mentioned 65 so I think it is very likely
amjustice is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 1817 Old 01-16-2011, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Quatre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 View Post


I have seen reports of just the 60" then some of the 65". I don't know what to believe, I will just assume there will be an 65" as they already have a 65" c8000.

Yeah, and that was a uk review site. Maybe they arent getting a 65" right away but surprised in theor thorough pre labtest review they dont mention the previos 65" at all.

Im assuming its def coming and being sam rep at ces includes the 65" in what he says followed by released "in the april time frame" meant all sizes id think, not just smaller sizes first.

I figure having already done their first 65" which was due in June but didnt come till Nov. That nkw they're ready and able to bring the new 65 at same time as otjer d series sizes.

At least they should be able to but of course they could whether on purpose or otherwise end uo delaying it. If they do that, i hope the LG 72", Sharp 70" and whatever other 65" and up come out before sams and for less therefore outting them out of business in this size ra ge for now , until they get it right by putting out a product that is both quality and reasonably priced plus aesthetically pleasing, like they used to (some time ago)

As it is, it was patheticto only come with thr same 65" size that oanasonoc already had for a year in theor superior (to sams 65") 3d flat screen.

If they had done 67", that would have been 2" bigger then the competition and been a great equally sized for ppl coming from a 67" samsung dlp.

To come too little too late after major delays only for it to be the same 65" size and inferior to the competition but yet fora much higherlrixemadethe 65c8000 fail from start.

And this is coming from someone who has one :/ so im allowed to bash it. Too often, ppl just say that whatever they have is the best. My excuse is that I Already had sam 3d glasses from the 67" led dlp. Plus wanted the thinner and better in rooms which get lot of natural ligjt during the day compared to the pan 65" plasma.

Hated being essentially a test group and while I got a great deal, thata only relative to the original msrp and still paod more then i could have got the pan 65" for.

Hopefully i can exchange it for the 65D8000 at no extra cost. If its delayed or for someother reason I cant exchange, then i may be done with samsung for a long time. As it is it sounds for sure like sthe existing sam 3d glasses will not work on the D series tvs requirinf you to biy new blue tooth ones omitting one of the main reasons I stuck with samsung to begin with and therefore (if i have to buy new glasses anyway) no reason not to go to larger sized LG 72" or Sharp 70" (both full led over sams inferior edge lit) and at least in the case of the Sharp for less money to boot.

Very disappointed in Samsung the last few years so maybe 2011 d series lineup can be better as far as timely release, pricing, and quality...we'll see.
Quatre is offline  
post #153 of 1817 Old 01-16-2011, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Quatre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocuMaker View Post


Dude, you are a total basket case. Get your facts straight before spreading all this misinformation. You have over almost 1400 posts here, so you really don't have any excuse.

First of all, Samsung made more than 1 locally-dimmed LED before quitting. They offered one at least three years in a row. A950 was before the B8500, and before the A950 was the 81F if I'm not mistaken.

Secondly, it was Sharp, not LG that sued Samsung.

Sony continues to make locally-dimmed LED's, and so do a number of other manufacturers. (LG, Vizio, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, Philips, etc.) Sharp does not own some magical all-encompassing patent that prevents Samsung or anyone else from doing locally-dimmed LED's if they wanted to.

First off the beginning of your post is offensive to another member and therefore against the rules and just not neccesary.

Second, whatever locally dimmed sets samsung had before the B8500 and I do remember one, were too old now to mention, smaller sizes (< 55" I believe) and very highly priced making them not too relevant to the fact that they dont make any now at all. That combined with the fact that they can now still make full led but actually choose not to is even worse.

I had heard something about LG suing samsung and sony (either by someone here or a rep in a store) some time ago but since learned that neither are legally not allowes to make full led which I did say. I never said they werent legally allowed to and again that only makes it worse and prove my complaont further so not sure what your point is other then to claim you are a know it all who is right and someone else is wrong.

Third, Sony does not have any locally dimmed sets I know of, and noone has any at 65" or larger yet I know that and was what I was talking about, strictly the 65" and larger offerings. I know Vizio and other makes have full local dimming led lcd sefs, again all in smaller sizes well below 65" and only making it stranger and more unacceptable that samsung is the only one who doesnt (if sony does as you say but again i dont follow every manufacturers offerings in every size, and was speaking about 65" and up only) but yet has prices on their edge lit models higher then the full locally dimmed competition in same sizes.
Quatre is offline  
post #154 of 1817 Old 01-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Senior Member
 
amjustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://revision3.com/hdnation/ces2011_projectors

Samsung LED lineup discussed in this weeks HD Nation
amjustice is offline  
post #155 of 1817 Old 01-16-2011, 10:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Stop making curved screens
Posts: 30,287
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 562
They announced 65s in multiple series, showed none. They deliver next to no 65s last year. There is reason to be optimistic but skeptical.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
rogo is online now  
post #156 of 1817 Old 01-17-2011, 03:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gagit811's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjustice View Post

http://revision3.com/hdnation/ces2011_projectors

Samsung LED lineup discussed in this weeks HD Nation

I like watching techzilla and HD nation, but sometimes they put out information that isn't accurate.
gagit811 is offline  
post #157 of 1817 Old 01-17-2011, 05:31 AM
Member
 
Top_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi

Don´t know if it has been mentioned before, but the 75" Samsung exhibited at CES, is not part of a new series, it´s an "old" C9000.

Link:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...&id=1295256504

Regards
Top_Cat is offline  
post #158 of 1817 Old 01-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Senior Member
 
amjustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post
They announced 65s in multiple series, showed none. They deliver next to no 65s last year. There is reason to be optimistic but skeptical.
Great way to put it, I have done the measuring and I have the space for a 65 but if its not looking promising for release then I will probably go with the 60
amjustice is offline  
post #159 of 1817 Old 01-17-2011, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gagit811's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjustice View Post
Great way to put it, I have done the measuring and I have the space for a 65 but if its not looking promising for release then I will probably go with the 60
I feel the same way, I would love to get the 65" but I'm not going wait all year for it. I could settle for the 60" or another brands 60" or bigger. To think of it if vizio and LG get their 70" out and Samsung doesn't they may lose out on a lot of buyers.
gagit811 is offline  
post #160 of 1817 Old 01-17-2011, 11:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Stop making curved screens
Posts: 30,287
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Well, there won't be a traditional 70-inch from Vizio from what I can tell, but there will be one from Sharp. And while this will cost Samsung some buyers, if Samsung can't produce something large -- and the largest realistically on the table from them is the 65 -- then it won't cost them buyers they realistically were getting anyway.

For what it's worth, the 75 they showed was nothing more than a prototype of something they hope to produce in really limited quantities late in 2011. I'm not of the opinion they will deliver those in volume even next year. The market does shrink somewhat with each step in size (you lose a portion of the buying pool to space constaints, lack of interest in hugeness, pricing as bigger costs more). Much speculation at AVS has been how big the pool is "up there" in size, but regardless, it's smaller. And with the way yields work and the increasingly large size of the LC material area per pixel in the huge LCDs, they are not going to emphasize a 75 if they are making money hand over fist selling other panels instead.

Sharp has emphasis on the 70 this year because of marketshare issues associated with very mixed success on Quattron. Samsung not bringing even 65s to CES speaks to their emphasis.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
rogo is online now  
post #161 of 1817 Old 01-17-2011, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gagit811's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post
Well, there won't be a traditional 70-inch from Vizio from what I can tell, but there will be one from Sharp. And while this will cost Samsung some buyers, if Samsung can't produce something large -- and the largest realistically on the table from them is the 65 -- then it won't cost them buyers they realistically were getting anyway.

For what it's worth, the 75 they showed was nothing more than a prototype of something they hope to produce in really limited quantities late in 2011. I'm not of the opinion they will deliver those in volume even next year. The market does shrink somewhat with each step in size (you lose a portion of the buying pool to space constaints, lack of interest in hugeness, pricing as bigger costs more). Much speculation at AVS has been how big the pool is "up there" in size, but regardless, it's smaller. And with the way yields work and the increasingly large size of the LC material area per pixel in the huge LCDs, they are not going to emphasize a 75 if they are making money hand over fist selling other panels instead.

Sharp has emphasis on the 70 this year because of marketshare issues associated with very mixed success on Quattron. Samsung not bringing even 65s to CES speaks to their emphasis.
I agree with you. I got my 46c8000 last year, I have been suffering from why didn't I go bigger buyers remorse. I really like what samsung is doing with the D8000. I want to get one but I'm not getting anything smaller then a 60''. I can wait until May but If they can't get out the 60d8000 by then I'll look to other brands. I don't think the 60+ tvs will be in large quantities, but I've heard of people waiting months of their 65c8000 order to be filled after the release date. I just don't want to wait until November to get my new tv.
gagit811 is offline  
post #162 of 1817 Old 01-17-2011, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
keyser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Iceland
Posts: 1,743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjustice View Post

http://revision3.com/hdnation/ces2011_projectors

Samsung LED lineup discussed in this weeks HD Nation

About 40 sec into the video.. how can they do lighting like that with edge lighting?? Looks to be about 200 zones there and they are lighting some of them up half way. If that's the case, isn't that almost better than full backlit zones?

Birgir "keyser"
keyser is offline  
post #163 of 1817 Old 01-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Senior Member
 
amjustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 View Post

I agree with you. I got my 46c8000 last year, I have been suffering from why didn't I go bigger buyers remorse. I really like what samsung is doing with the D8000. I want to get one but I'm not getting anything smaller then a 60''. I can wait until May but If they can't get out the 60d8000 by then I'll look to other brands. I don't think the 60+ tvs will be in large quantities, but I've heard of people waiting months of their 65c8000 order to be filled after the release date. I just don't want to wait until November to get my new tv.

The way I think about it though is that I have waited about 5 years to buy a new TV. What is 6 more months to get what I want. Better to wait and get exactly what you want rather than make a compromise and regret it later. So put your money in a nice high interest savings account and then with the interest you can buy something else once the TV comes out
amjustice is offline  
post #164 of 1817 Old 01-17-2011, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gagit811's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjustice View Post

The way I think about it though is that I have waited about 5 years to buy a new TV. What is 6 more months to get what I want. Better to wait and get exactly what you want rather than make a compromise and regret it later. So put your money in a nice high interest savings account and then with the interest you can buy something else once the TV comes out

True, but money isn't the issue. I've been wanting a bigger tv most of last year, I was looking into the pn63c8000 but plasma really isn't for me. I almost bought it a few times but decided to wait until ces to see whats coming this year. The D8000 tvs looks great n I would like that tv. But Lg nano tv and sonys full led tv looks great too. I just like the look and tech of the d8000, I don't mind waiting but If I have to wait till the end of the year I may end up wanting to see 2012's tvs before I buy. You see I just go to get something or I never will
gagit811 is offline  
post #165 of 1817 Old 01-18-2011, 04:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Stop making curved screens
Posts: 30,287
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post

About 40 sec into the video.. how can they do lighting like that with edge lighting?? Looks to be about 200 zones there and they are lighting some of them up half way. If that's the case, isn't that almost better than full backlit zones?

It's a demo, and it's kind of fake. Those "zones" are not zones. They made a point of saying something like: This illustrates what the tech can do.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
rogo is online now  
post #166 of 1817 Old 01-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Member
 
aznboi04k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i hope they'll make a matte screen version but that's highly doubtful. i am pretty sure they need to use glass just to retain its structure.
aznboi04k is offline  
post #167 of 1817 Old 01-18-2011, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gagit811's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi04k View Post

i hope they'll make a matte screen version but that's highly doubtful. i am pretty sure they need to use glass just to retain its structure.

I do wonder how structurally strong the d8000 is. I don't think it would be weak but it can't be as strong as last years models.
gagit811 is offline  
post #168 of 1817 Old 01-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Member
 
aznboi04k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i wish they would add a analog 3.5 mm headphone jack with variable audio & auto volume to all their tv sizes. i like to use my klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers with it. i hate having a home theater system.
aznboi04k is offline  
post #169 of 1817 Old 01-18-2011, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
keyser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Iceland
Posts: 1,743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

It's a demo, and it's kind of fake. Those "zones" are not zones. They made a point of saying something like: This illustrates what the tech can do.

Yeah, but how do they do that with edge lighting?? The effect looks very similar to backlit. Backlit have to lite up the whole zone at once, thereby sometimes getting the square halo side effect. But the samsung doesn' have to light up whole squares. How precise can they do the lighting?

Birgir "keyser"
keyser is offline  
post #170 of 1817 Old 01-18-2011, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gagit811's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post

Yeah, but how do they do that with edge lighting?? The effect looks very similar to backlit. Backlit have to lite up the whole zone at once, thereby sometimes getting the square halo side effect. But the samsung doesn' have to light up whole squares. How precise can they do the lighting?

this is how precision dimming works on the c8000 http://translate.google.com/translat...ogle.com&twu=1.
gagit811 is offline  
post #171 of 1817 Old 01-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Member
 
B.R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did Samsung announce any regular LCD or was it all LED?
B.R. is offline  
post #172 of 1817 Old 01-19-2011, 04:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Stop making curved screens
Posts: 30,287
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post

Yeah, but how do they do that with edge lighting?? The effect looks very similar to backlit. Backlit have to lite up the whole zone at once, thereby sometimes getting the square halo side effect. But the samsung doesn' have to light up whole squares. How precise can they do the lighting?

They can't really do what backlighting can do. They have to approximate it. I can see the upside to this in the lack of haloing possibly, but generally I don't really get why this is better than full array backlighting. Thinner? Perhaps. Cheaper? Yes. Better? Why?

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
rogo is online now  
post #173 of 1817 Old 01-19-2011, 04:54 AM
Member
 
jiopsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
D8000-series micro dimming plus: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...Uv54jnH_laXV4A

Quote:


The result shown in the picture ... For 46-inch TV we have 23 blocks in the horizontal and the vertical 12. Therefore Micro Dimming Plus 276 monitor areas on the screen!

Sounds promising.
jiopsi is offline  
post #174 of 1817 Old 01-19-2011, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gagit811's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

They can't really do what backlighting can do. They have to approximate it. I can see the upside to this in the lack of haloing possibly, but generally I don't really get why this is better than full array backlighting. Thinner? Perhaps. Cheaper? Yes. Better? Why?

Its not better, they have to say it is for PR reasons. It may be more energy efficient as there are less leds I. The TV. It dose look better then last years edge lit leds with dimming. It will still be a top notch TV as was the c8000.
gagit811 is offline  
post #175 of 1817 Old 01-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Member
 
ludedudeh22a1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wish they would just announce the MSRP on these things already. Gah! I don't even care if they're not in the stores in the Spring, just give me some prices! lol
ludedudeh22a1 is offline  
post #176 of 1817 Old 01-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Bambooben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludedudeh22a1 View Post

I wish they would just announce the MSRP on these things already. Gah! I don't even care if they're not in the stores in the Spring, just give me some prices! lol

If they do what they did last year, the MSRP will be at or slightly lower than the same model MSRP the year before. I remember last year everyone bitching about how expensive the c7000 and c8000 were, even though the MSRP was slightly less than the b7000 and b8000.
Bambooben is offline  
post #177 of 1817 Old 01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gagit811's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambooben View Post

If they do what they did last year, the MSRP will be at or slightly lower than the same model MSRP the year before. I remember last year everyone bitching about how expensive the c7000 and c8000 were, even though the MSRP was slightly less than the b7000 and b8000.

I don't see that happening. The b and c series where almost the same design with the same tech in them. The d series has more features built in wifi the touch screen remote, just the look demands a higher premium and people will pay for it. I really see them being more expensive overall, the MSRP wont be cheaper but I'm sure what they sell for will be discounted as always.
gagit811 is offline  
post #178 of 1817 Old 01-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Senior Member
 
amjustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 View Post

I don't see that happening. The b and c series where almost the same design with the same tech in them. The d series has more features built in wifi the touch screen remote, just the look demands a higher premium and people will pay for it. I really see them being more expensive overall, the MSRP wont be cheaper but I'm sure what they sell for will be discounted as always.

Per the comment by this consumer business head at Samsung at 1:40 he states that the pricing will be comparable with last years models

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/s...poetic-on-thi/
amjustice is offline  
post #179 of 1817 Old 01-20-2011, 02:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Stop making curved screens
Posts: 30,287
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 562
So $6000 for a 65-inch top of the line set? If so, a hearty LOL is in order.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
rogo is online now  
post #180 of 1817 Old 01-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Senior Member
 
amjustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

So $6000 for a 65-inch top of the line set? If so, a hearty LOL is in order.

You think it will be cheaper?
amjustice is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off